It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO caught heading into tornado. Amazing footage *Video*

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
maybe...maybe not, you are one of the most obnoxious posters on this website.

first of all, the splitting in two is because this was filmed on some old ass '97 video camera, and the object is moving so fast that the camera can barely keep up with it to record it, CASE CLOSED.

secondly, greeneyedleo can say whatever she wants about the subject, and anyone can say what they want to about her. if she decides to weigh in on a thread, then her post and opinion are up to scrutiny. you don't need to be a lapdog and defend her just to look good. there is no way what that object is in that video is a bird. am i one thousand percent certain? absolutely not, but any flapping she sees going on is because of the nature of the technology when this event was recorded.

thirdly, the amount of posts someone has under their belt doesn't mean anything. just because you prefer quantity, over quality, doesn't mean you should assume a bunch of made up BS about other posters who don't share your opinion.

thanks for this indirect support ( i guess ) . I don't understand why this person is defending the mod, even tho there is nothing to defend from as I'm not insulting anybody, I just concerned that with such a strong bias greeneyedleo could be moderating other ufo topic wrongly . And even if I would cuss on someone is not his job to talk to me like in such a patronizing way and starting offtopic disscusions with me .

I'd rather have few posts rather that posts like :
Reeveer.....

I've always found that video interesting.

So.....thanks for posting that!

I look forward to reading the analysis & discussion herein.

does that really add anything to the discussion ? Or is it just post count wh***ing. You don;t have to look long to find more examples .

Personally i think this person is an ego maniac and thinks of this forums as his turf, I have no doubt he will try to ban me for daring to reply to him

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

at about 6:03 to 6:08. it's difficult to see at first, but when i heard him say "go through the base clouds" i started rewatching the close-up slow-mo to see interaction.

if you look in that window, you will see the object come out of the larger cloud, then cut through a little spike of clouds after. you can see the little spike get affected by the motion, and if you look back where it came from the large cloud, you can see some disturbance. the colors are so similar and blend so much it is hard to notice.

while i'm perfectly fine being wrong that it is simply all of the clouds moving, it's in slow-motion, and the object is traveling extremely fast.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Shagreen heart…..

maybe...maybe not, you are one of the most obnoxious posters on this website.

You are welcome to your opinion.

first of all, the splitting in two is because this was filmed on some old ass '97 video camera, and the object is moving so fast that the camera can barely keep up with it to record it, CASE CLOSED.

I drew NO opinions about the splitting issue.

Instead, I sought the advice of members as to what it indicated, as per my several posts to that effect.

secondly, greeneyedleo can say whatever she wants about the subject, and anyone can say what they want to about her.

I think the rudeness directed to greeneyedleo is not warranted. I believe members should be more grateful for & more respectful of the hard work greeneyedleo applies to this extremely difficult forum.

if she decides to weigh in on a thread, then her post and opinion are up to scrutiny.

I agree with that, but it should be done politely & respectfully.

you don't need to be a lapdog

Again I state that you are welcome to your opinion, but I wish you could offer it a little more pleasantly.

and defend her just to look good.

I look good anyway......REALLY good!

there is no way what that object is in that video is a bird.

Well…..it might be a bird, it might be a bug, it might be a camera effect, it be an “unknown”.

am i one thousand percent certain? absolutely not

Neither am I.

but any flapping she sees going on is because of the nature of the technology when this event was recorded.

First…..”she” has a name…..greeneyedleo.

Secondly…..you could be right about that. I have not made up my mind about this video, even though I’ve been looking at it & reading & discussing it for years.

thirdly, the amount of posts someone has under their belt doesn't mean anything.

You completely miss the point on this one.

just because you prefer quantity, over quality

I think you just insulted me again…..oh well…..

doesn't mean you should assume a bunch of made up BS about other posters who don't share your opinion.

I really don’t understand that comment.

If you clarify that comment, I will try to respond.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by shagreen heart

I think you just insulted me again…..oh well…..

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

You must be the most easily insulted person on the planet .

I guess you would like all of us to be kind this and sincere that ane be just nasty in velvet gloves . Maybe you're just a clever troll ..... maybe not .

at least I'm honest .

EDIT :

Person who says 1000% a bird without even watching the whole video shouldn't mode aliens and ufos forum.

Just like person who says this is pleadians 1000 % and let mi show you this steven greer's ET photo

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Alpha_Blue]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

at about 6:03 to 6:08. it's difficult to see at first, but when i heard him say "go through the base clouds" i started rewatching the close-up slow-mo to see interaction.

if you look in that window, you will see the object come out of the larger cloud, then cut through a little spike of clouds after. you can see the little spike get affected by the motion, and if you look back where it came from the large cloud, you can see some disturbance. the colors are so similar and blend so much it is hard to notice.

while i'm perfectly fine being wrong that it is simply all of the clouds moving, it's in slow-motion, and the object is traveling extremely fast.

I've honestly tried to see what you are reffering to, and there's a point where I thought it was, but then realised it was the shadowing effect, due to the object moving quickly across the screen and slow frame rate. There was an anomoly just behind the main part of the object, (like the previous screenshots with 2 blurs), then in the next frame the cloud looks like it did 2 frames earlier, which leads me to believe it was the object itself. But then again, it's not up to the quality to be judging such small details. Maybe, maybe not. (that wasn't reffering to the poster, btw
)

If it turns out that there was no such analysis done by Skeet, I would conclude that it is far more likely to be something close to the camera or a hoax of some sort, unfortunately. Certainly not a meteorite
what were they thinking?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Time out, guys!!

Geeezz. Testosterone flowing heavy this morning...

A quick note to say that I followed the YT link and posted this invitation for the video poster...calls himself Windchasercom:

To Windchasercom: There is a dogfight going on at ATS.com...lots of attn to this video at, well, thread titled "UFO caught heading into tornado..." Lots of folks would love for you to weigh in about this video, the analysis/ report you mentioned, who did it, their credentials, etc. Also the contradictory testimony of a lady (AC) and the existence of this second video that was recanted later (?). Hope to see you there! We really would like some answers! CDS

Looks like he hasn't posted any comments in a year or so, but he should get email notification for this message...although it is still pending approval...hmmmm...For the record, I did post this message!

we'll see.

BTW: He mentioned trying to score a movie/ documentary deal for this video/ sighting...

CDS

ETA: one of you kind gents (or gals) U2U me if he shows up...I really am done posting here if he doesn't. Thnks.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Cole DeSteele]

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Cole DeSteele]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I have seen many posters in this thread claim that the white speck you see in the OP video can not possible be a bird or insect. I hope they will take the time to watch this little video I just found...

This is what the person who uploaded the video had to say about it:

No its a bird.. A very common mistake here on youtube!! The bird was spotted with the naked eye first and then aimed at with my camera!! I got some other examples in this small vid. most of them are bugs reflecting sunlight!!! Some are seeds.. Al look white but the are just light reflections..

Most interesting parts can be seen from around 0:30:

[edit on 3/7/10 by ziggystar60]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
This was truly mind boggling, 16,000 MPH. Thank you for sharing OP, this is the first i've ever heard of this subject so star and flag.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hermantinkly

Originally posted by ReeVeeR
reply to post by hermantinkly

Just watch from 3:00 onwards. I'd recommend watching the whole thing like I said earlier though. But juest keep watching from 3:00 onwards and don't blink.

I saw it. Hard to tell what it was. Could've very easily been an insect flying close to the lens. Yet another crappy, unconvincing video of a vague blob of light caught on film. Next!

Didn't look like an insect to me mate. I'm no expert but that looks like some kind of flying craft.

I've seen things like this personally but not ever had the chance to catch them on film.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
LOL! If that small white object is flying at 16,000mph then I can cycle at 20,000mph!

Size and speed is about right for a bird though that doesn't necessarily mean that's what it is. It could be a smaller, slower object closer to the lens (ie insect).

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I agree. The fastest plane in the world was the X-15, which flew 4,500 mph. There's no way the "object" could be going double that or more, be close enough to be seen, and still be visible in several frames.

It is interesting how people process things differently though. I look at it and all I see is a small white bird flitting by; others insist it's just about anything BUT a bird. Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

FOXMULDER147…..

I think you may be right…..Lamphere is definitely looking a little flaky.

I am starting to get the sense his “UFO” video was just what he needed to re-boot a declining income stream.

Here’s a little gem:

”The producers of the Lan Lamphere Overnight Radio Show have been contacted by a man who claims to have found Bigfoot living in his back yard (location confidential)”

Yep…..this Lamphere guy gets into some high quality stuff.

Here’s a publicity shot of Lamphere:

Here’s an interview with Lamphere about the “Storm UFO”:

www.ufodigest.com...

Here’s Lamphere’s radio show:

rightsoup.com...

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
It is clearly a bird. You can see the wings flapping if you watch in slow motion - or frame by frame. It is so obviously a bird, I cant even believe the people uploaded this claiming UFO.

I will try and get some screen captures up.

ETA: Grabbing screen shots probably wont help. As the object is so tiny. You just have to hit puase many times and watch frame by frame starting around 4:00. If you do this, you can see the wings flapping.

[edit on July 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

Your tripping if you think that was a bird!!!

That would have to the fastest bird in the world, ever... Definitely not a bird nor an insect.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
its a verry big verry fast bird or insect i dont have no proof nor have i done any research on the video to evan try and gain proof one way or another but its definitely a verry big verry fast bird or an insect because i said so

[edit on 3-7-2010 by jonhplayer]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL:

Please remain ON TOPIC! DO NOT discuss the person that made the post. Discuss the actual post.

Any further off-topic banter, accusations and/or insults will be removed without further discussion.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by docjohnson9

I see birds fly faster than that every day!

But if it's not a bird, and assuming it's not a smaller object closer to the lens, then it's about the size of a bird. I'd estimate no more than 12"-18" across.

Also notable that, as so very often is the case, none of these stormchasers saw anything at the time.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
I will pay you $1,000 to find one, just ONE video of a moth/insect flying that straight for that duration.

$1000? You serious? Ok, here one that you must've seen before. It was debunked long ago. Was it a plane? A UFO? Superman? No, just a lil birdie! No UFO here!

When do I collect the $1000?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I don't think you're going to collect because he said "moth/insect". But that video is excellent to bring up in connection with this one--same thing, all kinds of people insisting it isn't a bird, a few people saying it IS a bird, and gradually the truth sinks in and...it's a bird.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

I dont see any convincing in the video itself,i tried though

The author did however made a well presented video for a change but besides that its content does not differ from many other supposed claims.

The author Claims to have someone from "The National severe storms lab." state on camera that this object had nothing to do with the storm.Now lets stop and pause for a second at that statement.Why would anything flying by have anything to do with the storm? So if anyone would state that something had nothing to do with the storm does that actually back up the claim of a ufo? Not if you ask me.

I think that is basicly what this lab said "Sir,thank you for the vid but the "object" has nothing to do with the storm." considering this was "The National severe storms lab." this awnser suddenly seems less then promising.

To add, if those proffesionals said this on camera why did he not include the footage in the youtube video?

The supposed NASA report that the author claimed was sent to him,Why did he not at least show it in this video or anywhere else for that matter?Why release this video without any glimps of this report.If he had a official report from NASA given to him it would be easily recognisable by many.At least he would have attempted to show it since he claims it has been sent to him.

Besides that the claim the author makes that the object disapears behind clouds and changes direction seem to be more of a suggestion then something actually observed.I played the parts back about 50 times now
.At first i though i could indeed see it disapear behind the clouds after a couple of views but frankly if it had not been suggested i would not have have thought to notice.The object simply becomes less vissible infront of the background.Coupled with the low quality of the video it merely seems to disapear in a frame or 2. Not at any point did i see it chance course in any direction and like i said i watched it many times over.

The last claim that should have been easy to present are the other videos that supposed to exist since that is what NASA used to calculate their findings.Once again these are also abcent for some reason.

This video has (for me) only one strong point.It is well presented!
For the rest it is injected with only the power of suggestion and claims of officials on camera wich are never shown and official reports in the hands of the author that for some reason are also never shown.

Near the end of the video the author tells us he was contacted by a ufo radio show "Art bell" over the phone and dramaticly adds that his phone number was not registered anywhere.What did he try suggest there!?

Suggesting,that was excactly what he was doing and i must add,dramaticly.Why?? Why would anyone with this kind of evidence in the form of filmed proffesionals and NASA reports in his possesion try to add that kind of "mystery" to the case?

We would have been left only with the argument on wether or not the purposed scientist where correct or not.Not with the question if his claims where actually true.

The author would have done a better job not claiming the official support he claimed to have had.

^these are just a few observations i made when looking and listening at the video presented that i dont think should be overlooked in our need to find credible evidence of real UFO's,terestrial or extra-terestrial.

Disclaimer: I like to believe
and i would love nothing else then to run into videos and photos that are simply hard to debunk or even un-debunkable.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join