It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is the time when enough is enough? A look at Armed Revolution in Modern USA

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

What's al this focus on gunnery and sundry sfx? The public will be easily defeated simply by cutting electrical power, gas supply and city water, sending all but the most hardy spartan scurrying to find food water and fuel. Survival without grid power is a difficult full time job and will generate casualties all on its own. Nobody fight tired and hungry. That's why you live paycheck to paycheck, having supplied the oposition, you know you dont have enough for yourself. Get over it, you lose before you start, so quit frontin', you aint got jack.
For anything else, aging a10's from airguard squadrons or lumbering c130 and blackhawks and hueys converted into gunships will do more damage to an urban resistance than most can conceive. Who got anti air and can hide from high tech electrooptical and sat detection technology? That it was never used in prior riots doesnt matter, all manner of punishments would be used fer sure on the resisting productive class.
Bottom line? If you aint self sufficient, You aint a resistor. If your paying any tribute that provides support to your oppressor you are toast already and have no business suggesting you play any role other than supporting the ptb.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randel

What terrorist threats? Terrorism is manufactured to enslave the
people. So called terrorists are the gov and aided by our gov allies.

Its all about brainwashing. When I hear about a so called terror
attack, I wonder who cooked this one up.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeastofTrumpets
reply to post by randel

What terrorist threats? Terrorism is manufactured to enslave the
people. So called terrorists are the gov and aided by our gov allies.

Its all about brainwashing. When I hear about a so called terror
attack, I wonder who cooked this one up.

Plenty of terrorist threats, like pete stark's behavior at the town hall meeting or zeros speech on 'immigrants'. If as you assume it's an illusion created by govt, it's still intended to terrorize and although the details may be changed, if it threatens you for no good reason, it still a terrorist threat.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The only problem the militias will have is communications without a Hellfire paying them a visit from a Predator. Soon as a Revolution starts the Powers that be will flee D.C. and run for Denver, Mount Weather and area 51 type facilities.

The attack needs to begin with a decapitation strike on all of these at once or the Powers that be will deploy drones, nukes at will against the population.

Can it be done without the Feds finding out in time? Maybe.

I think it has to be our Army that removes the current government and restart things or it will be a massive blood bath because you know the U.N. will send troops to try and stabilize the U.S. with every enemy we ever had.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Toady Mil and LEO will desert if they realize they wont be getting any money or special favors for being whores for the officers of the court, otherwise being a warm and fed whore beats being a starving, cold and hunted one.
Nothing will work short of massive withdrawl of monitary support to overwhelm a system of repression. Money is the only reason your allowed to live, you have no other purpose but to labor for the ruling class. None, save the laziness of the elites to provide for themselves.
Mil & LEO will invaringly shoot back without a problem or remorse if shot and, but will eventually tire of imprisoning those that look just like themselves that have done no physical harm, are no physical threat and stand up for their principles of individual liberty and taking back imperial privilege assumed by the officers of the court

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
So with all things considered, what would it take? Is violent revolution even a realistic possibility anymore? If not, then what?

the idea of a violent revolution makes me shudder.

too much loss!
the times seem to be past that point, somehow. i hate violence, anyway. i can't see that it ever brings about wholly positive change, since it is tinged with negativity from the start due to the violence.

and, at least in my mind, part of the issues that need challenged and changed is the tendency for America to solve everything with WAR!

if that's not the answer then it's not the answer. if you dig.

having said that, i'll share my thoughts for change.

i think that a big problem maybe isn't so much that people are not awake - when i think of that idea, i'm not sure what it means but in the sense of not being aware of what is REALLY going on...so many people don't have the time these days to educate themselves. they simply are not aware of what is going on behind the scenes.

sure, a lot of people are lulled by the illusions given by the media but on the other hand, a lot of people don't even watch the news these days.

on another thread, i looked up some statistics related to weapons and world hunger...i was shocked and appalled at how much is spent on each one.

if i didn't know - and i'm a hopelessly addicted digger/researcher of the amateur sort, then most everyone else has no clue, either.

so i thought about how information is KEY.
what we don't know, we can't protest or complain about!

there is one thing still, that is good about America. Information is not forbidden, or at least not constitutionally.

i thought about making up some data sheets/flyers or something to that effect and just passing them out, when the opportunity arises.

summertime is a good time for this due to the many arts and crafts fairs and what-have-you that are going on all over the country.

once people begin to realize just how badly we are being misrepresented, more will be dissatisfied.

there is power in numbers, perhaps enough power to preclude the use of violence.

i sincerely think that maybe its time for us to set a NEW example for the world, in this country that was once called "the great experiment in democracy."

obviously the experiment is still going on!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Very interesting read. I agree with the posters who say that they think it's too late to revolt. This has been a cancer that has been growing silently for YEARS, and it's only now getting to the point where a lump can be seen.

What I want to know is what can we (the average American) do? I'm a housewife and mother. I've stockpiled emergency supplies. We have guns. We could survive for a bit on our own, maybe longer. But what I can I do NOW? How could someone like me make a difference in the country I'm raising my children? Do I call my Govenor (and be labeled a fruitcake)? Do I buy a friggin' bumper sticker? I think there are many people on ATS who just want to know in what small way can we do something....now?

Probably too much to ask, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I wish there were something I could do, today and tomorrow and next week, that could make a difference.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Any foreign troops on US soil is a dealbreaker even if they have blue helmets. No foreign troops on US soil, we are no third world country yet.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

I'm not sure if ur talking to me directly or people in general?? Directly to me is just plain silly, u dont know what I am and am not capable of. My brother and I have a place in a safe, secluded spot that my father willed us. It has everything thats needed for us to survive for a good deal of time. We're near water, have cords of dried wood for fire, dried food and basic medical supplies. We've tons of blankets, a dry sink and cast iron cookware and I'm in fantastic shape.
It didnt even start out as something for when shtf, it was our 'get-away from it all' place where we went to enjoy solitude and our families...without electricity or running water, it's called 'roughin' it' and we do it pretty well. Now, when we went for 'fun' we did take our food but have whatever we need if we need it.
We can all hunt, fish and trap. I dont like it but I'm able to do it if I need to. I can make a kick ass venison stew, roasted rabbit and can even sew stitches if I have to. We do have 2 4-wheelers, IDK why really but we thought we'd might need one for something??
Maybe some will not do well without all of the luxuries of modern technology, but I'm not too worried about a phone or internet. Will I miss it??..hells yeah, will I die without it?...Nope.
If nothing ever happens we can continue to enjoy our camp. If it does then we're okay for awhile. See, I can survive for a period of time if Im in that position. People have done it for 1,000's of years. I'm not that hearty I'm sure of it but I wont huddle in the corner and give up either.
You've already been defeated anyway because thats what you believe. You could atleast give it a try before you roll over, you might surprise yourself.
We do have room for 3 more. Who knows, u might even survive...gasp!!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I quote you:
"Excluding the massive loss of life that would result, what would you do next? The political system is corrupt from top to bottom. Not only is our President corrupt, our Senate corrupt, our Congress corrupt. We also have no shortage of corrupt Governors, Mayors, and City Councilman. The whole system is corrupt and broken. So who do you place in positions of power for the interim and on whose authority?"

President, Senate, Congress, Governors, Mayors, and City Councilman.
Lets not forget those they corrupt. I'll let you make a list.
Lets dont forget the corruptors: companies/lobby representatives, foreign officials/countries...

Well what is the common factor between them all?
THEY ARE ALL HUMAN-BEINGS!

That's the true problem, US (or most of the world population anyway)!

Do we even deserve to survive as a species the way we behave today?!
What would be the goal/result of revolution? To simply replace our masters by new ones!? Great...
In what way they will act differently?
We are a selfish, careless, delusional, gullible, pervert, harmful species!

What ever revolution you foment, what ever new political system you create, whatever utopia you hypothesize, we (the new gvt/assembly... Anyone who has an ounce of power of decision over the life/behavior of others, even simply to protect us) will ALWAYS be there to pervert it!

Maybe it's gonna work for a time but it will never survive our greed (concept not only appliable to money BTW) and selfishness. Because at the end of the day we are all alone, prisoner of our un-sharable minds.

And new agers can repeat all day "We are all one, we are all one!"... It wont change that fact. We would need time (generations) and resolve/will (to get rid of our illusions, to welcome knowledge and truth about ourselves first) to try to trully evolve to change our beings.

And thats two things we dont have. People prefer their illusion to reality/truth and... Time's up!
So we have to go with the "Lets destroy everything... To build something new/possibly better" option. Lets start anew.

The "only" problems are how/by whom it's been decided?
And what are the criterions to choose the survivors...

And dont talk to me about Satan, God's wrath, The return of Jesus... And other BS like that please. We already know what faithers believe.
They WISH that EXACT scenario to occur (hypocrits) but they believe they will be the one chosen... They're (if any of them make it through the times ahead of us) in for a surprise...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
double post.
Sorry.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Project_USA]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

America is not a nation of men. It is a nation of laws.
- President George Washington

George,
how many laws are we talking about here in America?
A specific number?

Taxpayer "How many laws are there?"

Politician "I need your vote so i can go to Washington & make more laws. Trust me. You need to pay me money to make you more laws even though you cannot live long enough to learn the laws that currently exist."

Taxpay "ok, can i put your bumper sticker on my car & a sign in my yard?"

Who makes the rules?
Rulers make the rules.
who follows the rules?
followers follow the rules, of course?
Who thinks they follow the rules they can't even count?
Rulers' followers. 99.7+% the same dna isn't enough. we need more of the same and everyone needs to conform.

clones. laws.
ET

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

What is Law?

What, then, is law? It is the collective organization of the individual right to lawful defense.

Each of us has a natural right — from God — to defend his person, his liberty, and his property. These are the three basic requirements of life, and the preservation of any one of them is completely dependent upon the preservation of the other two. For what are our faculties but the extension of our individuality? And what is property but an extension of our faculties? If every person has the right to defend even by force — his person, his liberty, and his property, then it follows that a group of men have the right to organize and support a common force to protect these rights constantly. Thus the principle of collective right — its reason for existing, its lawfulness — is based on individual right. And the common force that protects this collective right cannot logically have any other purpose or any other mission than that for which it acts as a substitute. Thus, since an individual cannot lawfully use force against the person, liberty, or property of another individual, then the common force — for the same reason — cannot lawfully be used to destroy the person, liberty, or property of individuals or groups.

bastiat.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
A revolt? It could happen, but success of it is in question. Can the common people fight against modern war tech? Its what the government would implement. Tell me then, how would we fight against an Apache war rig? Or something to that effect. Do the common people have Fighter jets, tanks and other modern weapons? No.............So tell me ATS peoples how would we succeed? hmmm?

So much trust placed in nothing. What is nothing? Guerrilla warfare, that is what nothing is against the machine, yes the machine of the of what warfare is now.

I say what would win is this...........the changing of the mind of those who would spear-head such endeavors, a REVOLT WITHIN IN TWO THINGS........The military command structure and the political element. This causes a revolt within the elites plan of implementation.

Dr. Livingston Speaks

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

laws are the epitome of people fears & hates manifested into mandatory expectations re-enforced by a unspecified grouping of semi-conscious super-egos that by the very definition of super-ego is the collective that utilizes systems of rewards and punishments in order to promote a social engineering experiment via the humanzee population.

but i could be wrong. i'm going to have to read your post more closely and let it be absorbed when i am more able to focus. slightly distracted right now.

thanks,
ET

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Laws are natural and cannot be invented. Legislation is not law but merely evidence of law. Laws are self explanatory, and when legislation requires explanation, (which is almost always explained as being for your own good), this is the first sign that such legislation is not law. If something is for your own good, it requires no explanation.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
i appreciate what the united states have to offer and i would kill you to defend it.

try living in a third world country, you'll say otherwise.

This says it all.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The only way a revolt would work in this country is with a military coup (d'etat). As stated by many of you in this post already, militias and the common joe wouldn't stand a chance against our military or our technology.

Against all enemies, foreign AND domestic..............

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
THE NEW WORLD ORDER IS THE REVOLUTION YOU CANT STOP.

Reason No. 1 why we cant win.
The sheeple worship money and the elite,especially in the USA. There is a natural urge to want to surrender to something or someone,Freud called it the death wish. It is our true spiritual nature but used by the elite to get people to surrender to them.

Reason No. 2 why we cant win.

Ordinary people simply cant go into politics.

Politics is the Domain of the warrior person. The warrior person is someone who lives from the point of view of the Third Chakra, the Chakra of Power. Otherwise known as the solar plexus. (They have the stomach for the fight)
They enjoy fighting with other people. It feeds their energy. They are the Alpha People.

The ordinary person is a Second Chakra person. They do not like to confront people and especially Third Chakra people. If an ordinary person goes into politics it will constantly stress them out.

2B
It takes a high IQ (140)with good verbal abilities, to be a good politician. Only a few people have that. GB + 0 with an IQ of 125 were mediocre puppets.

Reason No. 3
Ninety percent of the people in politics are corrupted by the time they get there. So even if a decent person got to position of power they would be surrounded by so many corrupt persons that they couldnt do much if they tried.

Reason No. 4
Fear makes cowards of us all.
People dont want to risk losing their comforts. Change is dangerous.

Reason No. 5
Divide and Conquer
They Elite have deliberately divided the nation with an invasion of immigrants. These have a different IQ,Different Culture,Different Language,Different Race,Different Economic level,Different Religion,Different Levels of Violence. They come from countries with such oppressive governments and economies that even a deteriorating america is so much better than what they had.
These people have two goals,to achieve the American Dream of becoming rich and to increase their numbers so they are a majority in control.They are a Fifth column for the status quo.

5B
Then there are the divisions of POLITICS IS PERSONALITY.
Republican people are predator personalities.
Libertarian people are independent personalities.
Democrat people are Altruistic personalities.
Each individual sees the political issues through their personality not through logic. Thus there cant be any agreement.

5C
Divide by:Race,Sex,Religion,Sexual Orientation,Culture,Nationality,Age,
Wealth,Health,Patriotism,etc.

Reason No. 6
The elite control the mainstream media.
They portray the rich and the government, as the ones who create jobs,and the ones who protect us.

Reason No. 7 (mentioned by other poster)
The elite are psychopaths capable of eliminating their opposition by violence. The Kennedy assassination.

Reason No. 8
The people are low IQ and getting lower are simply not capable of
comprehending these ideas, even the simple idea of class war.
Warren Buffet-"There is a class war and my class is winning."

Reason No. 9 (mention by other poster)
Religion is the opiate of the masses and keeps them distracted.

Reason No. 10
There is no common Ideology. In fact the people will turn upon themselves in anarchy. It is now even impossible to define victory.

Reason No. 11
The police state with 2.2 million in prison 75 percent for drugs,gambling or prostitution. CIA,FBI,NSA,Military INdustrial Complex. Anyone can be framed for drug charges at any time,tortured,and disappeared.

Reason No. 12
Corruption in Government from the bottom to the top.

Reason No. 13
Secret Societies for the elite,skull and bones,billderbergers,trilateral commission,etc allow the elite to coordinate their schemes so they think
and act as one.

Reason No. 14
People are Spiritually Asleep. Thus people identify themselves with their
thoughts. If you challenge their thoughts they will take it as a personal
attack on their Ego and will violently confront you. We are not our thoughts.
We are consciousness.

Reason No. 15
Stockholm syndrome. Which is when someone begins to identify with their
oppressor due to stress and fear. It is a literal breakdown of the mind.

Reason No. 16
The military will support the elite as long as they are getting what they
want, which is an almost endless military budget and the right to wage
war almost anywhere they want.

Reason No. 17
The use of gradualism and incrementalism to manipulate the sheeple.

Reason No. 18
Bread and circuses.

Reason No. 19
Disarming the sheeple. The 2nd amendment has to a large extent been eviscerated. Almost no one is allowed to carry a loaded concealed weapon,or even a loaded open weapon, while the cops are armed like soldiers and the criminals are in armed gangs.

Reason No. 20
Technology will allow the elite to track every person of interest in the country. ID chips,paperless money and computers will allow them to know where you are at all times. Brain scans may allow them to know what you are thinking. Genetic testing may allow them to know whether you have undesirable traits.

Reason No. 21
The elite can control vital resources because they are centralized. Water,electricity,natural gas,gasoline and phone lines can all be controlled from a central location easily. Food distribution can also be controlled since almost everyone depends on imported food.

No. 22
Time is on the side of the Elite. By doing nothing
different than what they are already doing they are
winning. The NWO is the Revolution.

The Elite are drunk on power. What they crave is literal slavery,rape,torture and war. They want absolute power. How else
can you explain 5 members of the SCOTUS ruling that life in prison
for stealing a slice of pizza is justice. The sheeple live vicariously through
the Elite and their actions. Thus they dance with the Devil. "We have
met the enemy and he is us."-Pogo

Hope
Most Ruling Elite eventually fall after a long time.
The pharaohs were replaced by the Greeks.
The Israelites were driven out by the Romans.
Nations conquer other nations. Kings are killed.
Rome fell,possibly due to lead poisoning.
The Mayan elite were defeated by smallpox.
Hitler was defeated by the Allies.
The Czar was taken out by the communists.
Stalin and communism eventually bankrupted Russia.
The North Vietnamese drove out the american elite.
Natural disasters,overpopulation,global warming,ice age,famine.Military Coup.
We can wait for the Coming of the Black Swan,
the unpredictable event.

The Elite always seem to return because they are us.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
French Revolution, Russian revolution, Spanish Revolution, all of these were started by communists as a ploy to get the people to overthrow the system of control so a 'new world order' could put them more into slavery. Armed revolution is not the answer, as the only united people will be the communists. Individuals are individuals, not statists, they can not bond together. Even the founding fathers had differences of opinions, their unity came from the ideals of truth and liberty, that is our strong point. The establishment has their black-op false flags, we have the truth. That is our weapon. We don't need a gun, we need a video camera. We don't need bullets, we need words, and the means to get them out. We will not have an armed revolution, we will have a psychological revolution. More and more people will wake up to the psych-warfare going on all around them, and they will have enough of the old world chaos and wish for a new world order. But it won't be the new world order the elites are planning, rather, it will be an internal revolution by the individual, a psychological/spiritual revolution, where the old norms are no longer believed in, and a new age will appear. It will be a new perspective of, by, and for the individual. The individual will no longer see the government as necessary and moral, but rather unnecessary and immoral, and their own morality will shine forth brighter than the darkness of the political state.

Except that people nowadays are largely immoral. What kind of magic awakening is going to change that? Immoral politicians, immoral business captains, immoral state governments. Hell, people don't even have the common courtesy to wheel their carts to the cart return at WalMart anymore. people are a little TOO focused on themselves. There has to be some sense of what is right for others, not just yourself.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join