It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is the time when enough is enough? A look at Armed Revolution in Modern USA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This thread was inspired by the comments I was reading in THIS thread concerning the BP Oil spill. I will highlight a few of the comments and I certainly invite the referenced posters to this thread to continue the debate and explore how realistic possibilities of Revolt in modern day America, would work or not work.

Before I list the posts in question, I want to give a bit of warning to all who choose to participate is this thread. As we have learned before ATS is monitored and comments are taken out of context in attempts to demonize free thinkers. A topic such as this one, would most certainly invite spying eyes. Please be aware of this when posting. This is not a "Call to arms" thread.

These are the following post which raise, in my opinion, some very legitimate questions. Is Revolt an outdated concept and act? Are Americans just patient? Are Americans just lazy and cowardice? Is it even possible to have a mass revolution in this day of advanced technology? Is it even realistic that Americans can "fight back with their wallets and votes"?

Poster "Ohioriver" said:No Americans are not truly stupid! What would you have us do? Our government is out of control and even the most backward redneck here knows it. Should we riot like the Greeks(sarcasm)? We all see how well that turned out. Most Americans are going to fight back through their wallets and votes.

Poster "Above" repsonds: If truly most americans and even the rednecks knew it, then yeah, you should gather up, walk to the white house, and throw them out. When the army/police says no, you take to your guns. You outnumber them 100000:1, so it should not be that hard.

ATS poster "CHAOS" said: But I still think, as a people, as Americans, you should have voiced yourself a long time ago...I don't live in America, so I can't honestly say, but it seems to me you aren't doing enough to stand up against them and let them know it has to stop...it's like they have you all on strings...it makes me wonder just what the hell they could do before you guys would actually get annoyed enough to care and take serious action...

In addition we also had a very good post on the subject by ATS member "N.of Norml" which I recommend reading in it's entirety but for the sake of time, posting space and topic I will highlight this part...

"N.of Norml" says: A couple teens I know were illegally target shooting on federal beach. within 4 hrs the FBI had detained them and held them for two days. They claimed the kids were spotted by satellite image.they were 2miles up a lonely stretch of beach with no others near. Given those type of capabilities how do you suggest we gather together without being immediately spotted out and defused,discredited or detained? We are a technological behemoth and a large body of that tech is in place to thwart any thing suuch as you suggest.

So there we have it. Is America such a technological giant that it would be impossible to form a resistance? Is it possible to simply "Storm the Castle" and throw the bastards out? Is 'voting them out" the way to go?

It is my opinion that violent revolution is inevitable. Peaceful protest has accomplished nothing. However an argument can be made that the numbers are not there. Not enough people have awakened. Too many people are indeed sheep and just go about their day to day lives with no thought to how the world around them works. I do not support the "vote them out" crowd. Voting in the US is an illusion. Joesph Stalin once said, "The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything". We have seen evidence of voting fraud. We have seen the promises made and broken. Really? Who do you vote for? So many people were fooled by Obama's promises of change, only to watch him extend and expand policies from the previous Administration. When you are forced to vote for the "lesser of two evils" you are still getting evil. So in my opinion voting does not work anymore.

I like the idea of "Storm the castle", I really do. That being said, it is also foolish. For starters, we live in a society that likes to watch. We see news stories all the time of someone being mugged, raped, murdered and no one stepped in to help. Plenty stayed to watch, but no one helped. You may have a few thousand willing to storm the castle, but you will have millions behind them cheering them on, only to step aside and watch the slaughter when the first person charges in and the first bullet is fired.

Excluding the massive loss of life that would result, what would you do next? The political system is corrupt from top to bottom. Not only is our President corrupt, our Senate corrupt, our Congress corrupt. We also have no shortage of corrupt Governors, Mayors, and City Councilman. The whole system is corrupt and broken. So who do you place in positions of power for the interim and on whose authority? The Constitution is a guide and tells us what to do in times like these. Dismantle the government and start over with a whole new system, but how? Of course charging into the White House, you will find no President. Charge onto Capital Hill and you will find no Statesman. They will be moved, and the military will use force to quell the uprising, and they will be some place else still making the decisions. I think that effectively rules out "Storming the Castle".

So what do we do when we realize enough is enough? Sure Americans are armed. We can rise up, and we are also out gunned and can be shot down fast. We are monitored and tracked. Any attempt to form like minded individuals for such a cause will be cut down before it ever truly gets started. That leaves in my mind, situations like you would find in Greece. Where the anger level finally reaches the breaking point on a massive scale and people lash out violently, spontaneously, with no fore thought and destroy all in their path. However the riots in LA a decade ago have taught us that the people with power will be moved to a safe location and the Federal Government will simply wait until the savages have fought themselves out and destroyed what they could. With no real target, no real objective, that spontaneous explosion of violence will subside, and then the Feds will step back in and restore their order and go about business as usual.

So with all things considered, what would it take? Is violent revolution even a realistic possibility anymore? If not, then what?

[edit on 1-7-2010 by MrWendal]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Sadly, I think political violence will happen in America because we are too lazy, too distracted, too divided to ever act meaningfully in our own behalf.
The PTB will continue to squelch freedom and opportunity any chance they get and some people will get tired enough of it to go off. Not like riots in LA or Greece, but people out actively hunting anyone or anything that looks federal.
Joe Stack could be the tip of the iceberg, what if there's 50,000 more Joe Stacks out there and all them target something? That is the most likely scenario I can see although I have no real clue about the numbers, it could be 5 people or 5 million, who knows?
I take no delight in speculating about this, I have 4 sons and 2 grandkids that I want to see grow up and grow old, preferably in a world without war, revolution, violence and hunger.
The only peaceful solution is a national strike, but again that probably will never happen. People will not care in sufficient numbers to do anything until it is too late to possibly change anything.
That's the sad reality I perceive going on right now. God bless America because at the rate our leaders are destroying it nothing short of divine intervention will save it.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Since I am already on the governments list from all other posts of mine discussing the concept of a 2nd American Revolution, I guess I will help get this rolling.

The answer is quite simply no.

I agree that bullets will be exchanged between the government and the people. Heck, the government has already fired numerous times (ref. Ruby Ridge and Waco.) However, any sort of revolution will not resemble anything close to the original.

Technology both surveillance and military weapons prevent non-mil/gov forces being able to take and hold any facility. Of course, this fact is not a secret, which is why islamo-fascist/terrorist operate against the US in the manner they do. It is the only chance for obtaining 'hits.'

The difference between terrorist attack and a 'patriot' attack is the targets and methods of attack. I will quote myself from another thread:

The issues of targets and methods of attack are actually the easy part. Unlike the government, rebels would have to minimize collateral damage and 'civilian' casualties. For example, and this is only a hypothetical, let us recall Joe Stack. He flew into a IRS building. While I agree the target of an IRS building may be valid, doing it during the day to take out many low level mail clerks etc doesn't help the cause. Now, had Joe Stack executed a precision assassination of the head of the IRS or the members who wrote the complex and criminal tax codes, such as Charlie Wrangle etc, that would make more 'sense.'

Bombing a FED building when their were fewest people, overnight or during a holiday, would make 'sense.' However, such large scale attacks would be equated to terrorism as we now know it, and would make a cause more difficult. Which is why, large scale political assassinations are the most reasonable and likely to succeed. If all that were to occur was on a near daily basis, some politician, czar, or cabinet head were surgically taken out, the average Joe would not be affraid for their life. If this were the case however, I think the government would either create a false flag of civilians and blame it on rebel groups to sway public opinion, OR some more 'radical' rebel group would take out civilians.

Defining victory is a challenge, unless the rebel forces are a collective of states. A collective of individuals can hardly organize to a point that they can determine what victory is, and what the plan is for once it is achieved. This concept alone, is what makes the idea of a rebellion to 'restore the nation' virtually impossible.

The best that can hope to be accomplished in a people v government conflict is for the feds to actually start doing what people want, at least enough to pacify the masses.

The idea of EVER getting the US to resemble the ideal the founders conceived is not possible.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I gave you s&f just for having the balls to post that title.

Its good that more and more people are frustrated with the empire, but I am also pissed off that Americans are only getting frustrated when they are treated like sh1t(justifiable), although nothing compared to the other parts of the empire, Americans are on the road to be treated like sh1t because Americans are starting to ask questions.

Good luck to America, hope America gets its independence from this empire and stand up for their rights and morals, and stop Dr Frankenstein experiments on humans.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
People will not care in sufficient numbers to do anything until it is too late to possibly change anything.
That's the sad reality I perceive going on right now. God bless America because at the rate our leaders are destroying it nothing short of divine intervention will save it.

Truer words were never spoken.

I think it is already too late.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
How odd that you've chosen to quote the term "redneck" used in that context in a thread dedicated to uniting the common man against a tyrannical government.
Weren't the rednecks responsible for the largest armed uprising against the federal government, the common people who gave their lives fighting against a military weilded by the coporate elite?
The same coporate elite that used the media of the day to dehumanize the people of Appalachia to excuse the virtual theft of the natural resources of the region.
Yeah, even those backward rednecks might have a clue as to where this country is headed. They may have even seen it coming more than a hundred years ago.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Enough was enough on 12/24/1913 when Congress outsourced the Control of currency to the Bankers in violation of the constitution.

We still all have our confort level in place and will do nothing until we are forced to react.

So thats where we are right now.

I have my stuff ready to deploy and have waged war before.

This is not what we really want but what choice do we realy have other than a vilolent revolution?

The answer to our problem lies in the founding document itself.

The Declaration of Independence.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

It't time to Re-Declare our Independence!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Armed revolt is, in one form or fashion, not only likely I believe that TPTB are pushing us towards it. They need a few good reasons to really clamp down and if we don't provide them they will manufacture them.

Now, to the notion of revolution. A revolution presupposes a common unifying purpose. As of this moment that does not exist. What we do have are myriad groups promoting their own agendas. In that respect one would expect civil war as opposed to revolution. That's not to say that at some point some great event couldn't unify the groups but in the beginning I'm afraid it will look more like civil war and I also believe that is the direction we're being pushed.

You asked a very pertinent question regarding the possibility that we're far to civilized (my word for lack of a better one) to engage in hostilities. We're not nor will we ever be. The wants, needs and desires that motivated men two hundred or two thousand years ago still drive men today. To my way of thinking that's a good thing. Why? Because that tells me that we will reach the avalanche point when "we've had enough".

You also mention public apathy which is another good point. I got my hands on a set of history books used at some of our universities back around 1900 (copyrighted 1893). Not only has history been rewritten it's been hidden.

I was amazed to discover that the American Revolution was anything but a popular movement among the colonists. Most preferred to do as we are doing now which is to take it in the shorts and go on. You may be amazed to discover that less than one percent of the population of the colonies at that time dragged the other 99.? into war with England. That's how few hotheads there were in those days (sound anything like today?).

The British army had to deal with an insurgency much like what we experienced in Vietnam and are currently dealing with in Afghanistan. The insurgency was not a formal army yet so there was no one wearing uniforms, they operated, more or less, on their own and when they did something to piss the British off they vanished into the background.

The British response then is what you'd expect today. They cracked down on everyone. The British handled it so badly that they literally drove loyal subjects into the arms of the insurgency.

I can't speak for today's Marines but the Marines of yesteryear were taught that the basic fighting unit is one Marine and one rifle. No amount of technology can defeat the man that is determined to win no matter the cost. As I.F. Stone put it (and I paraphrase) '...if Vietnam taught us anything it is the primacy of man and that any group of men willing to die to the last man to beat you will, in the end, win'.

Take a good look at Afghanistan and Vietnam. Both insurgencies kicked and are kicking the ass of the worlds' great "super power". Old AK-47's, some RPG's, some improvised munitions standing up against stealth aircraft, Apache gunships, unmanned attack drones, spy satellites etc. All it will take is one good blast from the sun or one well placed nuke and all that expensive technology turns into garbage. Then it's back to one man and one rifle and who is the most determined to win.

We live in interesting times. And, I still have faith in the human spirit and the desire to be free. Sleeping giants are best left alone and at the present the American giant (all three hundred million of us) is still asleep. I hope to God the nuts that keep prodding this giant know what they're in for.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by CmdrZero]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

So what do we do when we realize enough is enough? Sure Americans are armed. We can rise up, and we are also out gunned and can be shot down fast. We are monitored and tracked. Any attempt to form like minded individuals for such a cause will be cut down before it ever truly gets started.

This is nonsense! We are not out gunned. First lot of good all that high tech stuff has done trying to route out a few thousand insurgents in Afghanistan and Iraq. Second there are at least 100 million gun owners that own close to 300 million guns in this country if just 2 percent rise up that is 2 million, more then we have serving today in our armed forces.

The most well armed well trained most resourceful guerilla army in the history of the world is in the USA. These aint no peasants in robes with AK's. We're talking many veterans with the same training or better then the enemy. (why do you think they are trying to take gun rights away from veterans?) So we know thier tactics and will seize some of thier toys and turn them on them. Also a faction of the military will be on the side of the people and bring some of their toys with them also.

As for being surveilled thousands of militias train regularly across the country with no interference from the feds. So the incident with the kids doesn't tell the whole story. TPTB know they cannot win a straight up fight with the American people so they want everyone to think it is impossible and thier MO is to cause or use crisis's to get voluntary compliance with their agenda.

You are right about one thing we cannot now orginize and go throw the bums out. The militias are already pretty much organized and if your not part of one already then it is difficult to know who to trust at this point. If you know five or six people you can really trust like they are family or you grew up with them that is your best bet to organize and train.

The big high profile militias are all infiltrated to keep an eye on them. There are still a lot of good people in those and you can still join one of them if they are close and at least get some training. But as soon as someone wants to do something illegal don't do it they are an agent.

Nothing will happen until enough people are feeling enough pain. So far they have managed to appease the unemployed etc. But that is about to get cut off and things like California putting thier government employees on minimum wage will piss off a lot of people. As prices rise and people cannot afford to stay afloat things will escalate as the pain increases.

Having said all that I think we need to look to a higher power for guidance and help what ever your belief system is for that. Look within and connect to the divine spark within all of us as we will be facing some rough times, loose the fear and know death is not the end and what ever happens change will eventually move forward to a more peaceful brotherly world even if it doesn't happen in our lifetime. WE will all be back to help move it forward. I have a hard time with this one myself but I am powerless to change it alone so realize I need help from the divine along with all of you. Energy follows thought so think peace and freedom and prepare for what may come!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The biggest problem with this idea/question is that TPTB know their enemy; Us.

After the defeat of the NAZI's, who were very popular amoung the elites, TPTB focussed on quietly entrenching the more sucessful aspects of Hitler's policies. Add to that decades of psychology research and it is easy to see that those who are 'aware' are massively outdone by the manipulation of the masses.

Psychology is the key.

TPTB are playing us like a cheap instrument because they know that 2/3's of the population will go along with whatever they are told. Any time there is a rumblingly because they have gone to far they take a step back, refocus/regroup and try again. As long as TPTB can stay just a hair behind the line then it is enough for them to continue unimpeded.

Add to that the media being right there to further manipulate how things are presented and it gets even more difficult to get any momentum to build.

Our only hope is an accident.

I don't entirely mean something like the current gulf mess; more a slight miscalculation in how something is handled. Again though, there are so many buffers to help diffuse a situation long before any critical mass is reached.

Whatever the 'last straw' will be, I think it will come out of left feild. TPTB are too prepared across the board. Anything 'typical' will have already been anticipated. This idea is demonstrated by the fact that countries around the globe take turns enacting measures; one country takes a hit and works out the bugs so the rest can quietly follow (look at the austerity measures in Greece that were watered down before being discussed in other Europen countries...if nothing else TPTB can point to Greece and say 'it's better then what happened there').

Like the LA riots, there has to be a flashpoint...a lightening strike that starts a brushfire that expands out of control overnight.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Where is this age's Paul Revere?

TPTB are coming! TPTB are coming...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by mandella1099]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
After 7 years of blogging and uploading videos, I have come to the conclusion that as long as people can pay for their needs it is never enough.
Nothing will ever change,as long as # comes slowly, in increments, people simply dont want to get involved.
As a result I gave up on them in the current situation.

Yet I guarantee that once the people dont have the money to pay for their needs, there is no motivation needed any longer . In fact then there is no way of stopping them.

And our "leaders"are well aware of that...

This isn't negative talk, it's what I am convinced of.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

The biggest problem with this idea/question is that TPTB know their enemy; Us. After the defeat of the NAZI's, who were very popular amoung the elites, TPTB focussed on quietly entrenching the more sucessful aspects of Hitler's policies. Add to that decades of psychology research and it is easy to see that those who are 'aware' are massively outdone by the manipulation of the masses. Psychology is the key.

I'd like to point out one of Murphy's Laws Of Combat-
"Professionals are predictable, it's the amateurs that are dangerous."

Put it in the bank. When people go on a rampage or go nuts or both no amount of psychology or game theory can predict their moves with precision. Throw a few old grunts into that equation that have seen the sh*t before and can stay cool in the bedlam and you've got one hell of a situation on your hands.

I'd like to point out that over the past thirty years Hollywood has helped to indoctrinate us that "resistance is futile". Take the Matrix and V as a couple of examples. Your first reaction is to point out that the movies show the hero winning to which I'd say that you're right but you're wrong.

The make believe is so exaggerated and over blown that on a subconscious level the message is clear "the good guys only win in the movies". The last movie that I saw that was somewhat fact based where the good guys win is Mel Gibson's Patriot. And even in that case the message was "fight and lose everything".

Let them put their hopes in Sigmud Fraud (please please you guys on top do this) and I'll bet the farm on the unprofessional who hasn't studied psychology or spent to much time in front of the TV.

Time would be better spent understanding the methods and strategies the bad guys will have to employ. There will be lots and lots of holes to exploit the first and foremost of which is a total dependency on technology.

Personally, I'm not too worried. Hubris is a killer and the opposition is eaten up with it. Numbers matter and there's a whole hell of a lot of us that Uncle Sam spent a lot of money on to train. Believe me, he didn't wast a dime.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
French Revolution, Russian revolution, Spanish Revolution, all of these were started by communists as a ploy to get the people to overthrow the system of control so a 'new world order' could put them more into slavery. Armed revolution is not the answer, as the only united people will be the communists. Individuals are individuals, not statists, they can not bond together. Even the founding fathers had differences of opinions, their unity came from the ideals of truth and liberty, that is our strong point. The establishment has their black-op false flags, we have the truth. That is our weapon. We don't need a gun, we need a video camera. We don't need bullets, we need words, and the means to get them out. We will not have an armed revolution, we will have a psychological revolution. More and more people will wake up to the psych-warfare going on all around them, and they will have enough of the old world chaos and wish for a new world order. But it won't be the new world order the elites are planning, rather, it will be an internal revolution by the individual, a psychological/spiritual revolution, where the old norms are no longer believed in, and a new age will appear. It will be a new perspective of, by, and for the individual. The individual will no longer see the government as necessary and moral, but rather unnecessary and immoral, and their own morality will shine forth brighter than the darkness of the political state.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Unfortunently you wont be having a 'revolution' of any kind. What we will be having is a civil war. You wont be seeing us going after TPTB. You will be seeing us fighting for your respective state/state alliance.

The time for revolution violent or non-violent is over. Only civil war remains.

The truth of the matter is....the only thing that can stop the federal government is the state government.

The only way to defeat TPTB in the long run or keep delaying the 'end game' is to somehow turn the states against the FED. It's a long shot....but its really the only shot we got. Get revolution out of your head.....thats never going to happen. We are either gonna split into two factions being states GOV vs fed GOV. or the union is just gonna destroy itself and splinter into many pieces.

That is the reality of the situation.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
While I do believe that an armed revolution is inevitable. I can't begin to assume when it would be. But I will repeat what I said on the other thread...

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I wouldn't be stating it on a forum. There's already plenty of reasons to monitor you, don't need any more red flags on your file.

I think in the end, it won't be a choice but a reaction.

Not that many of us need more proof, but proof you're being monitor is in the OP's links.

I don't want to be rounded up at all, much less be on a list that gets you an early visit if the # hits the proverbial fan.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
To all of the Patriots reading this, say these words three times to yourselves:

I am Fearless, Proud, and Free.

You have to remember your roots and where your people come from. True Patriots come from many races and religions, not just white protestant as seems to be the misconception. I myself am a proud pagan, I have sworn my troth to the Gods of Asgard, and this path has led me to realize a great common denominator amongst the various creeds of the earth... No matter what god you believe to be your Father, your Mother is still the Earth. No matter our differences, that still makes us all at least half-Brothers.
Some of our Brothers have forgotten us and sought to horde the gifts of the Earth as though they were meant for them alone. For their greed and their crimes they must be punished, for now they have peirced Her side and She is bleeding, and if not stopped they will only continue the rape and defilement of their own Mother, who is also Mother to us all.

For those who have the foresight to predict how this will all unfold, when the time comes I will stand alongside you my Brothers and Sisters. To all of those who wish for this change yet lack the courage to face superior equipment and firepower, i say only that he who fears being cut will never win a knife-fight. As to the teens on the beach, ask any marine who ever stormed a beach or trained to do so how long they would stand stationary and engage targets from an uncovered and unconcealed position Even the most incompetent infantryman knows this is the biggest sin of all modern fire and maneuver doctrine, and doing this in training is liable to get you at least a few grueling and painful hours of EMI, or, "extra military instruction."

That being said, all that we really have to do is wait until those 1.2 million people whose unemployment insurance just got cut to start getting hungry, and then when the state turns its weapons inboard against them, that will be our final straw.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Ancient_Fury]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by proudcaptalist

You know, I think you're onto something. I like the stirring words of filosophia but when video camera meets billy bat there's really no contest.

But here again we're talking revolt but on a lower level. I agree that the states do have the power if only they'd use it. I've pondered the inactivity of the governors for some time and I've come to the conclusion that each state has come to depend on the federal teat so much that they're paralyzed in the hopes of some kind of hand out that will save the day. The problem is that you can't hand out what you don't have. The choices are death by inflation or deflation- take your pick. The chances of something in the middle that could save us would require the ability to balance a BB on a razors edge. Bernanke and Geithner do good to tie their own shoes.

I believe that Jefferson had it right on all accounts and saw this day coming. I also believe that were he alive today he'd be laughing his ass off. This is his idea of the people asserting their rights and the sort of fray he saw as good for the Republic. I agree. I can't think of a more compelling way to get John Q off the sofa and back into the game.

Evil bastards are like poor people, there's a lot of them and they're gonna always be with us. So a little house cleaning every once in a while is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I read the other thread this morning and read comments by people from other countries calling Americans stupid for not standing up to our corrupt government. At first, it made me mad but after thinking about it, I realize they're helping our cause. They're showing our government that even the world is fed up with its ways. Keep it up, we need all the outrage we can get. However, I suggest you focus your rants toward the individual politicians - by name. I think voices of outrage from Americans and the world will be more productive than an armed revolution.

I've tried to think of a solution but all I can come up with is to vote out every incumbent in every future election. We could force term limits this way. This would take a major movement with massive advertising and it may not immediately solve our problems. But it will keep the politicians off balance enough to slow them down.

Sorry, that's the best I can do because armed revolution is the last resort and I don't think we're there yet.

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CmdrZero

I agree with you with one minor exception; I never said that once the fire starts it will be predicatable.

While under control situations can be predicted and manipulated, once that control is lost however there is no way of knowing what will result. Sure, there are aspects that can be forseen, but those things are inevitable regardless.

As you said, amateurs are dangerous: Unguided the mob will destroy everything in it's path without any thought that some actions will do more harm then good. Without focus the only result would be a brutal crackdown leading to a free-for-all amoung TPTB to do whatever they want without any need for restraint.

Hopefully, should the day ever come, there would be enough who do know what they are doing to organize. Otherwise it'll just be short term anarchy instead of a long term solution.

It won't be pretty, but that doesn't mean it isn't still required.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by [davinci]]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join