It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is the time when enough is enough? A look at Armed Revolution in Modern USA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the posters who wistfully dream about a revolution in America are incapable of taking into account that for most Americans life is tough but except for the employment issues, and a massive oil spill that seems to be the fault of no one in particular most Americans are just trying to get by, like always.
They don't see the election of Barack Obama as a threat to their way of life, because.... he's not, he's just the President. They don't see him chipping away at the Constitution because.... he isn't. They don't see Health care, medicare, or the V.A. as a threat because... it isn't.
A majority of Americans are and remain hopeful in the face of the recession and the spill, and global warming, and all these things that are a real threat. They have neither the time nor the inclination to buy into some neo-crazy patriotic fantasy of a new American revolution re-ushering in the 50's. Please.....

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
reply to post by MrWendal

You know very well what you are advocating by your "cleverly" thought out title. This isn't a thread of what ifs for you. Only a fool would openly talk about something of this magnitude on a public forum where every single word you type is archived and saved to be used against you. Go ahead and play the innocent party, you know full well what you are doing here and it is neither prudent nor noble a cause.

Right on. You pegged it, IMO.

LIttle cyber-people with keyboards yap their electro-mouths and beat their electro-chests, but do little else. Revolution to these types are played on a computer screen with a click of the mouse. Understanding little they accomplish little.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

you make some very intellectual points in the original post, thanks for taking the time to think

my thoughts were,

Is Revolt an outdated concept and act?

no, systems of government and public social structure are not perfect, as well as needing to be updated as societies change in many different ways, when some fail to fix and solve problems and refuse to use their appointed powers for the better of the people and the nation it is neccessary to releive them of their appointed powers..

Are Americans just patient?

[or]

Are Americans just lazy and cowardice?

i think lack of proper diet in america, as well as an increased sedentary lifestyle has reduced the middle class and the upper class into a very sorry state. as well as the lower class being busy working as much as possible or so broke they rely on the government just for hand outs (in that case 'why bite the hand that feeds'?)

Is it even possible to have a mass revolution in this day of advanced technology?

hmmm, well not the way revolutions 'used' to be run... i think the best revolution would be the 'passive aggressive' one..

remember the hippies? they were a threat to the government beleive it or not

they did not like mass produced industrial goods, they beleived in natural things that didn't pollute the earth and products that were healthy
they didn't at all object to hard work, labor or intellectually intensive, but they were well informed on misbehavior of the government and did not want to get taxed by a government that failed to uphold their morals and philosophies, as well as sustain wars that they were against ( to say the least )

so they learned the ways of the land as much as they could in gardening, and some even went homeless, living in tents, anything to avoid contributing to the then young cooporate america we know is fully mature and thriving today

the worst threat to the government, in my opinion is the passive aggressive one, you can rebel and hand out pamphlets, you can riot, you can do whatever you want, but you still will have to go to work to pay your bills, you not only will be taxed on income and purchases, but you will have to have a job that will in the end contribute to the nations sustaining itself as well

the hippies found ways around this, and the government stopped their movements (using various methods over time) proving that the hippies strategies were effective

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The thing I keep repeating is the only thing TPTB understand is violence.
I would never say I recomend using it. It's obvious to me they are pushing us towards that.

Do you think maybe this is why Christ tried to teach us to turn the other cheek?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
The thing I keep repeating is the only thing TPTB understand is violence.
I would never say I recomend using it. It's obvious to me they are pushing us towards that.

Do you think maybe this is why Christ tried to teach us to turn the other cheek?

Christ taught us that we are not of this world. We are to love our enemey and be concerned with the souls of man, not TPTB. The NWO will come, but it will be short lived. Christ's kingdom will be everlasting. Now there is a "revolutionary thought".

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by walkinglucid
What I feel many people in this thread do not realize, is the fact that the VAST majority of Americans DO NOT WANT TO BE FREE. [] If an individual wishes to be free, he will act as such.

I challenge any member of this thread, to wake up tomorrow morning, and act as a sovereign individual. Go ahead, re-call your drivers license, re-call your social security number, stop paying your income taxes. My money will rest on a side of doubt, that very few will attempt such actions.[]

Your friend in God, WalkingLucid.

Well then...

I'm off on my human powered tadpole trike.
I accept cash only, thank you.

Address? Phone number?
Sorry, I don't have one; I'm outdoors.

No blood on my hands, yet freedom of mind,

sovereignly on the other side,

Sri Oracle

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Here is an excellet article entitled:

The Global Political Awakening and the New World Order
The Technological Revolution and the Future of Freedom, Part 1

by Andrew Gavin Marshall

www.globalresearch.ca...

The article discuses this topic with more detail than im willing to put into the subject, meh, just the way it is, im not a yank so, you know.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well we could fight them with guns, but what if large sectors of the economy walked off the job for a day. What do you think that would do to the country?

Did anyone ever see that SNL skit (many years ago) where the kid didn't want to go to school so he decides to take the day off. His dad finds out about it and he decides to take the day off. The net result was everyone in the country took the day off and the Russians ended up invading.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I think It will happen within my lifetime.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

If by NWO you mean world government, of course it will come..it is the natural evolution of a civilization. We will both be dead by the time it does happen of course, i only wish that corrupt elitists that currently strangle our world will not be at the forefront of it. Apart from that though i don't understand why a one world government seems 'evil' to you....more than likely because like i said, it will happen in probably the next 150 to 200 years when civilization and it's views will be vastly different to ours...countries and borders will seem ridiculous and insignificant by that time.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I am surprised to find myself agreeing that the United States are over as a nation. We are no longer great, not in any real respect anymore. We are not popularily governed -- our government having deteriorated into a honest-to-God plutarcy. We are the enemy of much of the world, where we unilaterally attack others and our corporations rape other countries even worse than they do our own. I have been dismayed to really belive the truth of this watching the BP disaster unfold. If there was every any doubt who really wields the power. it should not be in doubt anymore. BP hired goons (including cops) without the slightest hesitation violate the Constitution by preventing the press access to people and places. BP is ordering around our Coast Guard. The press cowers and does not confront, and in the case of Fox News, plays the supportive roll. In truth all our press are organs of the same big business destroying us and the country. None of the corporate press will do its Constituional job.

But, I think it will not occur in any of the manners you hypothesize. What I think will happen is that several states will quite literally attmept to secede, Texas being first. I think that will embolden other states, who will then act collectively in some cases, such as perhaps Idaho collaboratively with Montana and Wyoming.

As governmental entities, these states WILL have the technology and power to deflect federal bluffs of action. What would, seriously, the federal government do if Texas actually acted to secede and had the popular support of most of its people? A disproportionate percentage of active military personnel are Texans. If the state siezed federal assets like military bases, they'd have the hardware too.

Soon enough all this will happen. I give it a little over ten years to fully come to pass. The BP mess lit the fuse behind the kindling and combustible material that has been stacking for years. Brutal and agonizing depression will follow starting in 2011. States will have no options and nothing to lose by hunkering down within their own borders.

I also bet the once it begins, foriegn nations will at first quietly help, maybe selling dollars, divesting from U.S. assets, etc. As it snow balls, they'll begin to offer more direct assistance. Remember, we are much despised in much of the world, including Europe. It is a dislike we have earned, having squandered our WWII goodwill. And it used to just be a dislike of our abusive and corrupt government, but now the dislike is even extending to us as Americans, as others watch in horror and disgust how we ourselves act towards each other and how our military has morphed into a violent, kill-happy force.

This is all so sad, but we have done it to ourselves, with a lot of help from the Rush Limbaughs (the vilest human being on the planet) of the world who taught us to openly hate and scream at each other without shame. All for the single interest of filling his fat cheeks and wallet.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Simply put, We've created a Oligarchical system here.

Comprised of a Ruling Class and a subservent Working Class.

We do have the numbers working to our advantage.

The first step in changing things around would be by getting the control of Government out of the hands of the Wealthy and into the hands of the Majority of People, the Working Class.

Eliiminate the Lobbyists, the financial influences of Corporations sponsoring candidates, etc. Eliminate the money from our political system overall.

Limit the Salaries of all of our Politicians equal to those of the average working American. And no more.

In response to the OP.

Force IS NOT the Solution here.
In fact this is exactly what the Powers are looking for us to resort to.

In this day of advanced weaponry. Our "Firearms" will only work for so long against the Powers That Be.

What do you think that the REAL purpose of the Patriot Act was ?
What do you think Obama's REAL purpose is for CHANGE ?

Armed Revolution can only get us so far. And as a result of the Patriot Act we will only be categorically exterminated as "Enemy Combatants"....or "Domestic Terrorists".

All broadcast in High Definition on the Evening News with CFR member Katie Curic.

By changing the Status Quo by voting in non bought and paid for voices into office ala Ron Paul vs those owned by Corporate America, ala Goldman Sach's Obama, or Exxon's "Drill Baby Drill" McCain, we'll have at least a fighting chance of changing things for the better, AND for the common working Man.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have spoken of this subject in many many threads. I know exactly how it will play out (though I do not know the outcome) but no one seems to listen.

Oh and before I start... do not think the Government with all of their high tech satellites and other gear can overpower a well-trained, well-armed, and large group of patriots.

I know of first hand information that will never be in the press over the years where the Feds have had their asses handed to them in all out battles inside the continental US with certain "militia" type groups.

The thing you have to remember is if they take the internet down, and you don't see it on TV, how will you know the revolution has already begun on the other side of the country or even in the next state?

However when it comes down to and they make their move...

It will play out like this:

1.) A crisis happens, Evacuation of the Gulf, Bank Holiday etc.
2.) Gangs / La Raza / etc (that are armed by the US Govt.) let loose all hell and chaos
3.) During 1 and 2, the top potential and most capable dissenters are rounded up by the Feds in the midst of the chaos. They have been making this list for quite some time now. Chances are most of you here on ATS, Infowars, Steve Quayle, etc. are on it. Sorry.
4.) Martial Law is declared while the people beg for help after they let the chaos go on for a few days (maybe more?)
5.) As soon as number 4 happens expect impotence from large portions of NG and Active Military and they figure out their own rank and file and who is on who's side.
6.) Large number of underground and very well hidden militias will take action and assemble at predetermined yet ever-changing locations and weapons caches. (the numbers here are more than most could ever imagine from what I am told) The militias will make contact with their contacts in NG and Active Duty
7.) The US Govt will call on NATO / UN to send troops to help with civil unrest. (a large portion of these troops are already here) Expect Russians, Germans, British, and Eastern European.
8.) How it unfolds from here is anyone's guess....

There are numerous threads and places all over the internet chalk full of this info. Take it for what it is worth... however I get my info various places I really do not care to discuss.

If anyone cares to ask questions I will try and answer them to the best of my knowledge.

I would say the most important thing you can do is mentally prepare yourselves for the worst case scenario and begin to set your own rules in your mind and turn off all of your materialism and emotional baggage when tshtf.

Most importantly is help your fellow man. We are all in this together and your actions in such desperate and extreme situations is what will define who you truly are and what your soul is really made of when this life for you comes to and end.

At the same time the most detrimental person to you and your loved one's well being may be the jealous neighbor who shoots you in the back as opposed to the armed uniform thug going house to house.

Anyway that is enough for now.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by romanmel

If by NWO you mean world government, of course it will come..it is the natural evolution of a civilization. We will both be dead by the time it does happen of course, i only wish that corrupt elitists that currently strangle our world will not be at the forefront of it. Apart from that though i don't understand why a one world government seems 'evil' to you....more than likely because like i said, it will happen in probably the next 150 to 200 years when civilization and it's views will be vastly different to ours...countries and borders will seem ridiculous and insignificant by that time.

Let's see. 150-200 years before the NWO. What crystal ball are you using? How can you just rattle off how long it will be till somthing happens??? Show your proof.

OK. I'll then say we should have a black President in the next 200 years...Er, oh yeah...guess we already have that, huh?

One onlyhas to look around and see where we are today, in light of history. There is a catch though. You have to be familiar with "history". Most young people today know little of history before their own birthdate. Those who don't know of previous mistakes of nations are destined to repeat those mistakes.

One world government would be fine in the hands of a benevolent leader. What are the chances of that happening? With the "leaders" of today, pretty slim IMO.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by romanmel]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Let me state first that IMO, I think violence by the public is truly inevitable. It will come, though it may not come for another decade or two. This is because the public is so fat and happy at the moment. They are the most pampered and have a sense of entitlement that has never been seen before in America. They are also some of the most ignorant and uneducated educated people in the world. I say uneducated educated because they send us to school and college but you really don't learn much about the world, let alone about whats really going on in their own country. And as the administration and the ones to follow slowly take what freedoms we have left, the next generations won't really notice and will assume their current way of life has always been that way. That is a huge goal of TPTB. Point is, revolution will take place but don't hold your breath. It takes years for people to wake up, for the most part.

So now onto my thoughts of how it should go down. Keep in mind my ideal situation obviously takes a majority of the developed nations to have woken up. Because lets face it, America is no better or no worse than the next country. We just like to think we are better because TPTB want you fat and happy and apathetic. All governments are corrupt because just like any other institution, it has to look out for itself first and foremost to survive. As any animal or entity grows bigger and bigger, it gets more paranoid and more selfish, and will fight like hell to survive. So corruption always involves money. Thats why we have the saying, "What's the answer to 99 out of 100 questions?... Money!" Our governments are in bed with corporations and the bed is made out of our money. Ridding governments of corruption involves cutting out the root. You have to cut the flow of money. We still have people getting gas at BP stations!!!! That's insane to me. The problem grows so much deeper than one can delve into on a message board, but it all points back to money. The banks, the healthcare industry, Monsanto, mortgage crisis. The masses have to "move their money", the masses have to be healthy, the masses have to buy local AND be self sustainable (garden anyone?), the masses have to educate their children. Their has to be community again. People dont know their neighbors. People dont know their rights. People dont know their history. People dont pay attention. People are easily taken advantage of and easily turn a blind eye. People are the problem, not government. Government was invented and is run by people. Money was invented by people too. Well, nevermind... we are all F*cked! Grab your guns!!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

After reading at lot of comments from the John Waynes, I have come
to conclusion THEY ARE NOT PARANOID, OK.

There are some that won't go into a Maccas unless their Pack'n heat,
in case a Pack of Wild Ninjas drop out of the roof (It Happens).
And by Pack'n heat they Immediately turn into Bruce Willis and become
the Hero that prevented a major Hamburger theft.

There maybe a lesson here: To avert the Financial Crisis, where people
could not afford to re-pay their loans, the Govt urged people to spend
even more money. So maybe not enough people are carrying enough guns
just walking around town and taking kids to school.
If they made it manditory that every person entering a Uni must carry
Smith & Weston at all times, there would be less crime. Of course there
is that small possibility, If you don't say Hello to that person they might
blow your head off, on the other hand they might blow your head off
if did say Hello. Mmm, the only solution then is Bigger Guns and Bigger
AMMO.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If an armed revolution is to ever occur, we would have to announce the date and meeting place (DC). The information will be free to all.

But the catch is - we outnumber any official.

They can know good and well about whats going to happen and won't be able to stop it.

We will just have to pick a date and advertise it up until then.

Dec. 21st, 2012?

I am not advocation any illegal/harmful action. SPLC - Jump off a bridge. (now I did, I suppose)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I beleive there are a large number of well-educated Americans who fundamentaly understand the US Constitution, the Declaration of Independence and the history behind it. We fought the Japanese and Nazis not out of hate or racism, but because they threatened to take away our way of life, the framework for which is expressed and supported by the constitution. We weren't willing to bend to the rule of tyranny for the sake of peace thru appeasement then, nor do I beleive will we now. The only fundamental difference is that this threat, which has seemed dormant for years, has crept into our governence as we slept. The difference is that the threat has disguised itself in the American flag. It is as if the pests we eliminated on the exterior of our house have now made their way inside and are pretending to be furniture and cabinetry.
Some, easily fooled and not versed in history, will accept the disguise, ignorant of the threat and do nothing. Some out of fear, some out of foolishness and ignorance. But the many will stand watch, leary of the threat and are prepared to hold their ground against tyranny.
One suspects that at some point, a hand will be overplayed and another hand will be forced. Whether that will be in the form of a declaration of martial law for "the public good", foreign invasion by an aggressor that spots this administrations weakness and fecklessness, or one distortion of the constitution too many by the federal government, nobody knows. But one can sense the unease of the citizenry and their resolve to resist tyranny. It's a completely different feel than the 70's. These are interesting and perilous times. There seems to have come forward a self-appointed "ruling class" hell-bent on making all of our decisions for us and confiscating our wealth to redistrubute to those who will obey. We saw this with the health care bill. If the government no longer needs the consent of the governed to rule, it is tyranny by definition, and a confrontation is immenent, unless we submit. fUncle Sam is now.......creepy Uncle Sam.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee
How odd that you've chosen to quote the term "redneck" used in that context in a thread dedicated to uniting the common man against a tyrannical government.
Weren't the rednecks responsible for the largest armed uprising against the federal government, the common people who gave their lives fighting against a military weilded by the coporate elite?

Yes, the "rednecks" gave their lives. But they were fighting FOR a landed, wealthy elite who wanted to keep things as they were.

And once again, the "common man" was exploited by the powers that be.

All moral objections to slavery aside - those were jobs that could have been done for a decent wage. So, once again, we see people fighting against their own self-interest.

Slavery then is like illegal immigration now. The rich and powerful don't want to cut off the supply of easily exploitable workers.

And don't even start with the "it wasn't about slavery" routine. Go read the articles of secession of the states that rebelled and you'll see numerous references to slavery - usually right at the beginning.

[edit on 7/2/10 by mothershipzeta]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
I have spoken of this subject in many many threads. I know exactly how it will play out (though I do not know the outcome) but no one seems to listen.

Perhaps because you are not privy to any special information?

Any time someone tells me that they know EXACTLY what will happen, or claims to have possession of The Truth, I know to avoid that person like the plague.

The only people who don't harbor doubt and live in complete certainty are the ones who are ALWAYS proven wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join