It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pete Stark (D-CA): “Our borders are quite secure, thank you.”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
In all honesty I want to like this guy, primarily because you're all hating on him. He must be doing something right to garner 70% of the vote for the past six consecutive elections...

He was blowing off the minority of his constituency, based on the belief that they were in that >30% margin these past few years. I've said it many times with regards to term limits, but it seems appropriate here; even if you don't agree with a particular representative, if their constituents do agree with them, you're SOL.

I don't live in a border state so I'm obviously not familiar with all the chaos and war that's going on down there because of those illegals. That's what it is right? Chaos and war and popping babies out in your hospitals then stealing all your food stamp money or some such non-sense.

I'm gonna go with the benefit of the doubt on this one and say there's 20 million illegal immigrants in the country right now ('official' estimates say 11 million). That's less than 7% of the total population of the country. Please explain to me how this has such a profound impact on the other 93+% of the country...or just blow me off like you're Pete Stark.

Nice name. That is one of my favorite songs.

To address your questions, those are minor issues in the big picture here in Texas, however in California I would say that it is a major problem given how large their social services are, and the sheer volume of a need for such in the "shelter cities" that they have.

As a taxpayer, you have a reasonable expectation that any services you pay taxes for would be available should the need arise. Now, i am not going into how I think that it is silly to have so much "free lunch" being given out...but that is another story. As a taxpayer, if the services you pay for are not available because people who never paid in at all took it all, you would have every right to be upset. Especially if that phenomena was leading to the failure of your state economically. When your kids won't get textbooks, etc in school because of budget cuts. Or old people don't get their oxygen, after paying taxes their entire lives.

That 20 million number you throw out is accurate, IMO. And 3/4 of that is concentrated in 4 states along the border. So your 93% is a gross misrepresentation. I would suspect that RI or WA have little issue with illegal immigration. Perhaps i am wrong.

But none of this is the real issue. The real issue is that illegals come across the border to commit crimes, and then go right back. Someone who is percieved as a threat, or who owes them money...they come over here, kill them, and go home for supper. They come, steal the car, then go right back.

And then there's loss of property. Driving up the nterstate, I have seen a car with Chihuahua plates play pinball with the other cars on the road. Think they are stopping to swap out insurance info? LOL. Of course, often hey set up insurance schemes, which ends up costing me more in my premiums.

I see that you "want" to not like him. But you never clarified.
I would presume that despite supporting his views you would hold his manner in contempt (which is the true topic of this thread), correct?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Google "ACORN". You will find out all you need to know about how our electoral system got worked over in the corner.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Enf0rc3r

Obama was elected by one simple fact: people who were uninformed about who he was, and what our nation faced, were encouraged to vote for him. It is called "grass roots", and he had it.

That is why we do not want to encourage people who are not interested in voting to go out and vote.

I completely agree. Obama won the election because millions of ignorant voters went to the polls that day for the wrong reasons. Everyone damn well knows that he received votes from the African American community just because he is black. It would have been the same way if Hillary would have won the Democratic nomination. We would have seen an influx of women who had no real idea what Hillary stood for, but would vote for her just because she is a woman.

I don't see things getting better anytime soon either. Every time election time rolls around it always feels like I'm trying to figure out who is the lesser of two evils. Not enough voters educate themselves before they go to the polls; but if they are voting for American Idol they definitely take the time to watch the God awful show week after week to make sure they know who they like best.

Ignorant people need to be encouraged to stay at home on their wide butts next time elections roll around for the better of this nation.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Imightknow]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I stand educated, thanks

Outrageous practices in place allowing that to happen though! I think I recall a similar thing happening over here a few years back, although on a much smaller scale. They did it through postal votes, but I think they are working to tackle the problem, whereas it seems that over your side of the pond, quite the opposite is happening.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

I stand educated, thanks

Outrageous practices in place allowing that to happen though! I think I recall a similar thing happening over here a few years back, although on a much smaller scale. They did it through postal votes, but I think they are working to tackle the problem, whereas it seems that over your side of the pond, quite the opposite is happening.

I am not sure if you can get it over there, so i will just tell you what to look for. There is a show called South Park over here that has some tacky cartoons doing stinging social commentary. I love it. One episode was about voting, and involved P-Diddy going out doing his "Vote or DIE" thing for MTV.

The thing is, it is not untrue. Pop culture figures get very active to encourage people to vote. Now, they may not endorse a candidate, but the fact that they are pushing their fans to vote will likely cause certain votes to be cast most often. In the last election, we saw the inner cities being pushed to vote, and we saw the youth vote once again being mobilized.

These are two voting grouops that will most often vote for the Democrats. It is a steering and manipulation. They are encouraging people who only have an abstract awareness of the political scene in America to vote.

then you get groups like ACORN who find ways for illegals to vote. And the Black Panthers outside of polling places intimidating voters.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

What an arse!

(Him, not you BFFT!)

I too would have to have been dragged out, but not before i'd kicked that arse right out of the so called meeting.

I would have told the git where to go, and put him outside myself.

How dare he. How DARE he!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Well said Misltech. People better wake the ___ up!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
A democrat for calif says it all.

Likely got voted in because of all the illegals that are illegally signed up to vote.

We know in Calif there are a lot of illegals voting but because the democrats run the state nothing is ever done to stop them.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well, that's California!

They have for years said, "Hey, we are PC Haven.  We welcome all! We'll support you illegals. We'll give you medical care, schooling and and mucho welfare."

When Arizona started enforcing their borders, California called for a boycott of everything from Arizona. I say GREAT! California deserves what it gets...If I were Arizona, I'd pay bus fare to send all illegals to California.

We would be ahead just to give California back to Mexico, IMO.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Unfortunately this democrat arsehole will be relected, he is too near to Piglosi district so the majority of voters will be of the same mindset as the drones in San Francisco. But we need to neutralize people like this by making sure the democrat party is a minority in 2010 and stays that way from now on.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eagleheart56
Unfortunately this democrat arsehole will be relected, he is too near to Piglosi district so the majority of voters will be of the same mindset as the drones in San Francisco. But we need to neutralize people like this by making sure the democrat party is a minority in 2010 and stays that way from now on.

Right.

Pray tell, what is the difference between a Democrat Facist and a Republican Facist? They seem to all have the same arrogant, uncaring attitude as Pete Stark, to me.I fail to see the redemption from either party after observing the last decade of events.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The total contempt we "pleebs" are held by the "inlightened" is just sickening. What is it going to take for the sheeple to be woken up to the contempt and disgust in which we are seen by these people, they only want to help themselves gain more control and more power, if that means helping you thats what happens, if it means over your dead body then thats how. We are just comodities, like corn, or oil absolutley nothing more then a comodity, to be treated like such. This congressman if there were justice would be recalled and forced to resign, but there isnt so he will just go on holding his people in contempt and disgust and be reelected by the powers that be for his Progressive and inlightened view. God Please Bring Justice To All

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

He also needs for some of the MS-13 illegals to overtake his home and rape his wife, turn his son into a fag, pimp his daughter and screw the Congressman up his A$$...he might do more then to secure our borders....Matter of fact, several congressmen and senators need this done to them....

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by Eagleheart56

Right.

Pray tell, what is the difference between a Democrat Facist and a Republican Facist? They seem to all have the same arrogant, uncaring attitude as Pete Stark, to me.I fail to see the redemption from either party after observing the last decade of events.

This is exactly correct. This thread should not be about partisanship. Enough of them suck in both parties as to render the whole batch spoiled.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Oh wow, now that was classy.

Really, you guys want to cry about something on rep said and then wish death on him? Wow, I really hope some of you don't have kids.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Caji316

Oh wow, now that was classy.

Really, you guys want to cry about something on rep said and then wish death on him? Wow, I really hope some of you don't have kids.

I have to agree. The language used by that poster is more offensive than the video in the OP, to me.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Holy sugar cakes... for lack of my wanted expression...

It's finally beginning guys. Something big has got to be coming to make Congressman respond this way? Did you see that? He was literally acting like a purposeless jackass infront of cameras. Childish smartass responses. He literally sounded like a underaged kid on xbox live talking smack on call of duty.

I think they don't care @ the moment, because something big is coming.

If I told you you were gonna get fired, or the world was going to end tommorow... would you come to work?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Another racist OP and inmigrant topic.

I am too tired to debate with this xenophobics. People you dont get it?? they are using ATS to spread this stupid propaganda and to take out attention away from the FEMA camps and the massive evacuation from the spill. Wake up!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
We would be ahead just to give California back to Mexico, IMO.

You should, certainly.

I am so tired of racism and supremacy.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
You guys are incredibly brave and aggressive in hypothetical situations.

You're all like that recent bit in "Family Guy:"

"If that was me...I'm, I'm just saying, if that was me, they are lucky that was not me. Because, if the circumstances were such, as you have described them, but with me in them, that's a very different and scary outcome for those involved. If.

We get it. Everyone in here is such a bad-ass he would have beaten the congressman up, or would have had to be dragged out of there.

A question for all of the Internet Tough Guys: have any of you ever been to a town hall meeting? Have any of you attempted to speak to your own congressman, EVER?

Something tells me the vast majority will say "no" and "no." But boy, if they HAD been there, there would have been hell to pay!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join