It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pete Stark (D-CA): “Our borders are quite secure, thank you.”

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

I'm a born and breed hippie, I've never had a designer pair of clothing in my life, and do not use the word "like" excessively. I drive an old car and live in an old house, and I've never had a single thing handed to me on a silver platter.

Nice Strawman.
But no, not a valley girl.
An LA woman.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

But your last paragraph...if that is a true statement that is VERY telling, indeed.

According to the IRS website there were 131,543,000 total reciepts in 2009.

According to Wikipedia there were 131,257,328 votes cast in 2008.

One third of the country votes and pays taxes. One third of the country supports the other two thirds when they lose their job and need some sort social safety net. One SIXTH of the country voted for the president.

With that said, if we're in such dire economic circumstance as we are now due to 'freeloaders' it's certainly not the 'illegals' who should be taking the brunt of the blame. Especially when 'they' only comprise 7% of the total population.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl

I'm a born and breed hippie, I've never had a designer pair of clothing in my life, and do not use the word "like" excessively. I drive an old car and live in an old house, and I've never had a single thing handed to me on a silver platter.

Nice Strawman.
But no, not a valley girl.
An LA woman.

I was a hippie too when I was your age. I would even sow patches on my blue jeans. And I had the long hair and the bell bottoms. The origional hippie movement in the sixties was considered a subculture. The country was shocked by us long haired hippie freaks.

My how times have changed. I don't know if I would have supported Pete Stark, but I was certainly naive enough to have done so. Peer presure.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

When I say I'm born and bred, I mean that my uncle was a member of the GDF, and knew Jerry, Phil, Bobby and Rock Scully very well. My father attended Berkley's Bolt Law School class of '71.

I really don't support Mr. Starks insolence against his own constitutes. But I can see how being asked similar questions every day and giving similar answers can wear a man down.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join