It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pete Stark (D-CA): “Our borders are quite secure, thank you.”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shikamaru
Holy sugar cakes... for lack of my wanted expression...

It's finally beginning guys. Something big has got to be coming to make Congressman respond this way? Did you see that? He was literally acting like a purposeless jackass infront of cameras. Childish smartass responses. He literally sounded like a underaged kid on xbox live talking smack on call of duty.

I think they don't care @ the moment, because something big is coming.

If I told you you were gonna get fired, or the world was going to end tommorow... would you come to work?

And when nothing "big" happens, then the NEXT story that hits will be proof that "something big is coming."

Hey, if you predict it 10,000 times, you will be right once. It's like cold reading - no one will remember the many, MANY misses.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

This is the new politician. A person in office so long that they no longer know what the issues are, because they are so comfortable. A new politician that skirts every tough question because they have NO clue what the answer is. A new politician who makes fun of the issue brought up because he has a sensation of fear. They act like children and have no shame. Their expiration date has long passed.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Wooohooohooo there slow your steed their pardner. I would rather die than give my state back to them. Literally, I would arm myself to the teeth and go to the border, like those idiots are doing now. Have you even been to California sir? I'm not sure if you are aware, but it is without a doubt the best and most beautiful state in the nation. I pray and hope we seceed from the union someday and become the United State of California, and Meg Whitman shall be our President. Don't you see how essential California is? It runs along 3000 miles of the Pacific Ocean, and is one of the biggest inport export ports in the WORLD. You want to just say screw the guys at the Alamo who lost their lives, lets just give it back to them on a silver platter?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by HalfAWorldAway
Another racist OP and inmigrant topic.

I am too tired to debate with this xenophobics. People you dont get it?? they are using ATS to spread this stupid propaganda and to take out attention away from the FEMA camps and the massive evacuation from the spill. Wake up!

I will take your insults, and feigned nonconcern to discuss your viewpoints, to mean that you have little to share of value.

"Mexican" is not a race. If it is, then so be it. I will make sure i push my wife of 15 years, and two sons away from me. Can't be liking another race, to hear you tell it.

WHile you watch out for the imagined threats of FEMA camps, i will be trying to address the real problems that have plagued this nation.

reply to post by mothershipzeta

My rep. generally votes along the lines of his constituents. I disagree with some of the votes he has cast, but in most instances he was playing politics with a vote that didn't make a difference as the required number of votes were already met.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This man is showing you exactly what the US government thinks of you. His attitude is that of the overwhelming majority of the Government.

Let me tell you there are no more free elections in US. They give you a choice between blue evil and red evil.....all this contrived by the powers behind the scene.

Things are NOT going to change unless each one of you changes and starts to do something about it - other than getting it off your chest on alternative forums.

Who do you think is going to change these things, if not you yourselves. Do you think the Government, full of crass idiotsl ike him, are going to do a self audit?

YOU are the ones you have been waiting for. If not YOU, who?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I can't help but think about the "second amendment solution" which I heard one of the congressional candidates mention several times.

No, I'm not really suggesting that any harm should come to anyone.

It is just disgusting how many people have never seen this prick for what he is before now.

As to the immigration question as a whole. I can't help but wonder if the definition of "obstruction of justice" would not also include someone not doing their duties to enforce the laws as well as someone not allowing them to carry out their sworn duties.

As far as someone not allowing the laws to be enforced, would this not apply to an immigration official who does not allow his personel to do their jobs.

If this would hold true, it would seem to me that a lot of top government officials should be in jail !!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Stark is a known loon and has a long history of foul-mouthed and often threatening outbursts (threatening to throw a reporter out of a window after she nailed him with one of his own stupid remarks, and offering to fight a fellow congressman while in committee). He exhibits the complete arrogance and foul mouth of a congressman who knows he cannot and will not be ousted from power because his seat is so resolutely liberal.

It's sickening to think that the people of his district cannot find someone with at least some degree of dignity or class to represent them.

Regrettably he typifies the extremist nuts that parade themselves as Californian politicians these days. That state is in a lot of trouble.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Retseh]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Here's a video link of Stark swearing at a reporter and threatening to throw him out of the window.

I fail to undesrtand why he is sitll in office.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I recommend that alot of you keep your opinions to yourself about California. You are all wrong. I've lived her 19 years out of my 21. You dont know unless you've been here. We are a paradise, the last great American State. Once we pass the legalization initiative in November, all of our money issues will be resolved. CALIFORNIA IS KING.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

ILLEGAL ALIENS DON'T HAVE VOTING RIGHTS. What they do have is stolen identities and ballots printed in Spanish. So they can go down to the polls and vote to their hearts content. You are supposed to be an American citizen to vote. And to become a citizen you have to know how to read and write English. So the ballots that are printed in Spanish are only there to encourage voter fraud. How convenient.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl
I recommend that alot of you keep your opinions to yourself about California. You are all wrong. I've lived her 19 years out of my 21. You dont know unless you've been here. We are a paradise, the last great American State. Once we pass the legalization initiative in November, all of our money issues will be resolved. CALIFORNIA IS KING.

21 years old and you already know it all. Wow I am impressed. Where were you when folks were saying smoking is bad for you?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

A star for you.

Representatives and Senators are there to vote what their constituents want. Instead of giving us their views, they should be asking for ours. There does not need to be endless committee meetings and debate over issues in congress with professional witnesses appearing before them. All they need to do is ask the constituents what they want and take the answer back to Washington. They are not there to vote their desires, they are there to vote ours.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl

Paradise?
If you're a fly looking for place to raise your maggots maybe.

Seriously, I am about ready to support ceding CA back to Mexico since the whole place is infested with both illegal immigrants and stupid liberal mouth-breathers!
What makes you think that "Legalizing" millions of poor, disease-ridden immigrants will solve your money problems? You still have to educate them - in spanish
- you still have to give them welfare - you still have to give them medical care etc., etc., etc... If anything your money problems are just beginning. If the US is to survive, we need to remove the cancer that is CA and hand it right back to Mexico!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyMarshall
First off, S&F for bringing this to our attention.

Second, its a shame when our elected leaders think boarder security is a joke,

SM

Please folks. Will you please learn to spell border. That's b. o.r.d.e.r. A boarder is the illegal alien who pays you 20 bucks a week to sleep in your attic. A border is the thing down south he crossed to get to your attic. Of course, if you promised not to rat him and his family out, your boarders would be secure.

Were I king, the English subjunctive mood would be outlawed. Or is that statement indicative of being taught by nuns in parochial school?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

You sir are a fool. I have traveled along the 1 highway and driven through redwoods that our thousands off years old. I have cliff dived off thousand foot cliffs straight down to the warm Pacific below. I'm 20 years old, and I bet I've seen more beauty than you will EVER see, because I live in California. You don't know jack.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyMarshall

double post deleted

[edit on 30-6-2010 by 4nsicphd]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm watching thinking that I should be appalled, but instead I feel this is far too common. The whole notion of a politician (especially on the federal level) as being sent to Washington to represent his or her constituents has been a pipe dream for years.

All these guys need to do is scare the hell out of you when they come up for re-election, using the same old worn out tactics and mantras they've used for literally decades, for example: "You're taxes will go up. Seniors will lose their social security. I'll fight to help you keep your job and create new ones."

We all know this is garbage. NONE of them do this. (Ron Paul may be the exception) They get elected (by special interest money) and work for the same. You and I are pawns in their little game. They attend secret meetings in their secret clubs and do nasty things to each other as a sign of worship to some higher deity than more often than not is demonic in nature.

You can vote them out, but their replacements will soon succumb to this evil that permeates our capitol. They become comfortable. They don't have to play by the same rules. They have all their needs taken care of...even after leaving office.

It's a sham. This is why when people get sooo hyped up and SUCKERED in on these silly slogans like "Hope and Change" that I have to laugh. They really believe that someone who tickles their ears is going to change Washington. But that's all it is, telling you EXACTLY what you want to hear to get elected. One false promise after another and people buy it like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

This is why I've advocated REVOLUTION in the past. The problem we have is NOT going to be solved through elections. And Glenn Beck and others can promote peaceful demonstrating all they want. At some point, our countrymen got tired, stood up to England and decided to fight for their liberty.

I can say without remorse of any kind that a REVOLUTION is brewing and that it will happen at some point. It amazes me that it hasn't already happened to an extent. And it saddens me because I wonder just how much more crap the citizens of this country need to take or have forced down their throats before they take real action.

Have we really allowed ourselves to become this apathetic?

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Wow... just, wow....kick this idiot out.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
OK, mr. congresscritter- ANY EMPLOYEE, who shows such blatent DISRESPECT, for THEIR BOSS, should be fired, immediatly. HANGING, is too good for him. How about flailing, and rolling in salt? (Before the REAL fun, of course!)

"The war is already begun"- Patrick Henry
"let a gun, be your constant companion, on your walks"- Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Regardless of how or what you think about the minuteman, his behavior in front of his constituents was horrible. Just think about what he really thinks about all the "little people" that voted for him.

I will be watching to see if he gets reelected.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join