It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pete Stark (D-CA): “Our borders are quite secure, thank you.”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

"Pete Stark (D-CA): “Our borders are quite secure, thank you.”

*waves hand*

"These are not the droids you are looking for."

"We can move along now..."

If only our politicians were on the same side as Kenobi.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by LostNemesis

Well, if that is how he talks to us in public, what is it like behind closed doors? Is it suggested that we just eat cake?

I would have had to be dragged from that meeting.

He has the support of the Aztlan crowd.

Aztlan Rising

No one has stood up to them, and they have walked
all over ppl so he just siding with the side that he thinks
is winning in California.

Most ppl have no idea what is coming.

Most ppl are busy watching TV.

Civil War 2 is coming, this is just one part of it as well.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Our borders are quite secure

so that's why California is the way it is

why aren't these jokers in jail

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cool Breeze
Hopefully people finally wake up to the fact that career politicians are evil and only out for one person... themselves
I wish this would catch some wind behind its sails and be on every television and radio in America!

I say no more "career" politicians at all... time to get some regular folks in there and maybe we will finally see some good done in Washington...

But I have a feeling I am being a little naive... A guy can hope though

I've always said we need term limits in all government positions, as well as a law that states that elected officials cannot make more than 25% above the average median income of their constituents

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SkyMarshall

Very interesting observation. Troublesome to say the least.

You folks on Cal are the only ones to make the difference on this one.

You may have to elect a free spirit on the ballot. A new and unique

party of Realists may be in order. Then again you may be happy with

your current situation. Your Call, Your State. Best, Wildmanimal

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
That's just what we get folks. Electing arrogant leaders without any sign of humility is what we deserved due to the fact that voters never scanned, listened, studied the candidates their campaign speeches or personalities. Well, they got us busy with reality TV programs, Hollywood, celebrities, new gadgets etc. while they are altering the constitution.

If we can impeach presidents, can we impeach representatives?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
I've always said we need term limits in all government positions, as well as a law that states that elected officials cannot make more than 25% above the average median income of their constituents

Two excellent ideas, and I'll go a step further and say that if these were added as amendments to the U.S. Constitution it would go a long way to solving a lot of our problems.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
In all honesty I want to like this guy, primarily because you're all hating on him. He must be doing something right to garner 70% of the vote for the past six consecutive elections...

He was blowing off the minority of his constituency, based on the belief that they were in that >30% margin these past few years. I've said it many times with regards to term limits, but it seems appropriate here; even if you don't agree with a particular representative, if their constituents do agree with them, you're SOL.

I don't live in a border state so I'm obviously not familiar with all the chaos and war that's going on down there because of those illegals. That's what it is right? Chaos and war and popping babies out in your hospitals then stealing all your food stamp money or some such non-sense.

I'm gonna go with the benefit of the doubt on this one and say there's 20 million illegal immigrants in the country right now ('official' estimates say 11 million). That's less than 7% of the total population of the country. Please explain to me how this has such a profound impact on the other 93+% of the country...or just blow me off like you're Pete Stark.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I’ve always wondered how the US politicians could allow the destruction of the once great nation that was the US, I hardly believed it possible. After listening to that jerk I wonder no longer … Your country is doomed.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I thought we had some disgusting politicians here in England.
But this gross idiot from California takes the biscuit.
No wonder the USA is decaying in every way.
This bloke is almost semi senile or something.
I wouldn't trust him to pick cabbages.
My commisserations to his electors and some advice.
Dump him asap.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Yes, its true. Our elected officials have absolutely no respect at all for the wishes of the American People. However, we as a nation have set this precedent as a nation of non-participants and one of apathy and inaction. Therefore, you almost cannot blame these sociopaths for taking what we have been giving them for decades. The time for action was over 40 years ago, now we're simply experiencing the residual effects of our passive political presence. For those of you who have complained, yes, you're right... It needs to end. However, the only proposal at this point that I can make is living with an air of positivity and love. Spread love to every living being around you. This method may sound like a sissy solution and without merit, however, part of the problem in the world is the rampant negativity. My suggestion is to change your polarity altogether. If each and every person tried this, it could create a ripple far larger than you can imagine.

Nonetheless, there's more than enough blame to go around and cannot be merely limited to the people that we willingly placed into power to make our decisions for us. Too much trust for very little results.

Now, setting blame aside, there's actually a bigger issue that I want to present to you. What if the illegal immigration movement is merely a way to get Americans to imprison themselves by their own request, lock and key, inside their own country. What if Obama does everything that you have been begging him to do and the government finally secures the borders? Do you realize by locking others out, you have effectively locked yourselves in? What if, after the borders are secured and something hypothetical like martial law somehow gets declared...where are you going to run? They will have soldiers at that border willing to shoot any violation or violator of the very border laws that you insisted upon. This will imprison us all.

Consider that scenario as a possibility when you ask for border security.

Namaste and love

[edit on 30-6-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I agree with "our border our secure thank you" but for the most part, I see where this guy is coming from. The guy in the audience is asking such a loaded question, I'm reminded of this stupid thing kids in elementary school would do:

"are you gay?"
"no"
"does your mom know you're gay?"

he seems to think the militias are a joke (a bunch of clowns with guns if you ask me), something most people who lean to the left agree with. I don't see how this surprises anyone.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
hahaha democrats are pathetic, they just want anyone and everyone to come into our country

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

I have to disagree on the term limits, my guy is one of the 17 that has consistantly voted against all of the bailout measures. He has not done a single thing (that I know of) that I don't approve of 1,000%. I want him right where he is as long as he is willing to be there. I agree with term limits for everyone that I disagree with but leave the good guys alone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Alright, alright hold your darn horses everyone. Before you jump on the hate train, stop and think. And I would like to ask all of you, do any of you live in California? If you don't, I'm sorry, but you don't really have a say. You don't have a say if you live in any of the landlocked states. Sorry, but you just can't comprehend the scale of the problem of illegal immigrants. If you did, you would realize that even if you built a wall 1000 feet high along the border-THEY WOULD FIND A WAY TO GET IN. Our representative was tired of hearing the same line of bull over and over again. He snapped, and I don't blame him. I don't blame him at all.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
so who wants too help raid the next town hall?

i can think of about a hundred ways to embarrass this guy..

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
That's a good video, but here's a better one:

www.eyeblast.tv...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
Wow what a farking tool,A lot of Politicians will lose their jobs this November and in 2012.

If I were an elected official, ANY ELECTED OFFICIAL, I would be very concerned about getting my resume in order. Or start making plans for retirement.
This guy in particular is surely gone. I hope he never see's it coming.
Or wait, maybe I hope he does see it coming and is in agony awaiting November!
Wake up fella's, the revolution has begun.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SkyMarshall

I'm sure if an illegal was to kill on of his family members, or break into his house, or steal his car, his tune would be different. Unfortunately his views are scewed by the fact these illegals vote for him.

Err, if they're illegals, then how do they have voting rights?

If they have voting rights, then surely the Gov't know they are in the country, in which case, they would be simply immigrants and not illegal.

As for this Stark fella, well, you know this is just what most politicians think privately anyway. This guy's just dumb enough to voice his true opinion.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
enjoy your retirement congressman.

all of you.

muhahahahahahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join