It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusioned idiots

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I agree with Blaine here. It is hard for me to believe that so many people replying to this thread really think that all of the badness in this world is being blown out of proportion.

Now I do agree, that the Media does overhype things. Like let's say a celberties running away from the police, and they're filming it on camera. Or a famous pop icon dies, and that's all they talk about.

I learned long ago that good news doesn't sell, and I'm sure the Media outlets understand that, that is why they air negative news. I have a close friend that worked with KUSA 9NEWS and mentioned that once to an executive producer, and asked why not share positive news, a segment that 9 cares about the good, and that's where 9 who cares came from, they air a segment everyday on something positive in the community. Even the world news on NBC with Brian Willaims ends the night on a positive report, so they do that as well.

But just because negative news sells, doesn't mean we're not living in a dangerous world. Tell that to a woman in the Congo afraid of getting gang raped for the 14th time, no longer having to worry if her husband will die, as he and her son were blown away in front of her eyes already. After her son refused to join the men who forced him to watch them gang rape her, and refusing to join them, gets his head blown off in front of her.

In many parts of the world, it is an extremely dangerous and violent place to live. The Bible talks about a coming great tribulation. Well, that is going to really be one for the likes of people who think that the idea that this world is dangerous is all hype. Many people already face such hardships and badness, that it might as well already be that time period, it can't get much worse.

A guy down the street from me disappeared the other day. He sells cars, well a guy shows up says give me a ride to see how this car drives, he drives him down the rode, the passenger kills the owner, takes the car and drives off. The guy was a nice man.

My wife is driving down the street last week and watches a car speeding down the side street run into a girl and watches her head splat on the pavement and split open, with brains oozing out, probably around 8 years old.

My wife's friend has a husband who constantly beats on her, and threatens to kill her constantly.

I could go on and on and on about all of the badness I see going on around me on a daily basis. Down the road they found 13 murdered bodies all stuffed in a car, with just body parts everywhere (they were all hacked to pieces). My dad was studying the Bible with a man who was trying to get out of a gang. The study was going well until my dad found the man one morning face down with a bullet through his skull.

Do you think any of these crimes were ever reported? And I'm just getting started.

I guess you have the privilege of sleeping with your doors unlocked your doors open at night. And you will let random strangers into your house as they're walking down the street.

If you do live in a small down like that one day you will join reality, and see that your narrow perception of the cold hard reality of this world is very different, and that things are actually as bad as they say they are.

And even quiet small towns are not immune to the violence in todays world. Just remember how in the isolated Quaker town the boy that walked into the school and opened fire and killed a dozen or so girls.

Do you remember when a car bombing or suicide bombing was shocking to you? Is it any more? Remember when hearing about a gunman opening fire on people in malls was shocking. Now you don't even pay attention to those stories they're so common? You're like, oh another man walked through a mall killing 20 people. Big deal, that happens all the time. Oh, another girl blew herself up killing 35 people, boring story, hear it all the time.

The world is full of wickedness, and no news report will ever tell you even a fraction of its badness.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Very good observation. What to do? Well, we all (including the elitists as stated in speeches given...) can feel the momentum of a great political awakening. So it is already in motion... However, to steal a line from the bp catastrophy... This "momentum" will build up like a freight train gaining speed... and in order for "them" (elitists) to stop this forward momentum, they know they need an equally powerful force of momentum to crash and take us back to where we "need" them again. So these 2 freight trains (theirs and ours) are destined to collide with full force, and there may be some tragic events... because whatever they are planning to make us more dependant on them will have to be at least worse than 9/11. And if you think I`m paranoid and nobody is planning anything, well just dont worry about it then... But I`ve seen enough to know that there are those who would rather see everything destroyed than give up their power as they know it. And I can ALMOST relate. After having my drivers license revoked, feeling that loss of power was unbearable...so I continued to drive for a few more years before getting caught! well imagine having huge, nearly infinite power... the power to make any thought a reality. any idea that comes to your twisted little head...
TBC

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more. I remember when I told the mother of my son about the possible plans to install chips in children so if a paedophile kidnaps him, we could trace him. I then pointed to the fact that in a few years we would all have these chips and then we could all be monitored and/or controlled more by the government. While she agreed with me it was a bad idea, a few days later after reading another article about it in Rupert Murdoch's owned Sun newspaper, all of a sudden her attitude change and she full agreed with the chip idea. Its just shows how the media is a tool for control by using fear, scapegoat and creating folk devils to scare the masses into believing whatever nonsense they see fit to use to keep us all dumbed down. The media, in my opinion, is simply used by the bourgeoisie capitalists to control the masses and make profit, while the rest of us struggle to pay bills and for food.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
If you have the power to fulfill any desire and there is nobody to stop you or to even suggest that you stop, then the possibilities are endless. About 14,000 people are kidnapped and sold into slavery each year, probably more but I heard that figure mentioned on the MSM when they were discussing the Natalie Holloway disappearance. "Slavery" could mean a lot of things. It basically just means that you are owned by someone who may do whatever they wish to you. People normally think of slaves as labor. But with the advent of our banking systems & global trade organizations, its much easier to just hire people to work for barely anything because then you dont have to feed, clothe or house them. There may be labor projects needing slaves due to privacy or "security" concerns, and these would be killed after their work was completed. But I wonder how many of those 14 thousand or more people each year are sacrificed to some elitist psychopath who "gets off" on torturing and/or raping people. We know sickos exist from all walks of life, we`ve seen them on shows like "to catch a predator" on msnbc. So there must be rich & powerful people with problems like pedos & sadists.. But we rarely ever hear of them. They have the money and power needed to surround themselves with the necessary layers of protection to avoid getting caught. So they can have access to an endless supply of people, kids or whatever strikes their fancy, and they just hire people to bring their victims and then take away whats left of them when they`re done doing whatever curious fantasy crossed their minds this time around. And after becomming accustomed to this lifestyle, they would rather blow up the planet than have to live as equals with the rest of us. They LIKE doing as they please. (Big surprise!)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I`m not sure if there may be another definition, but I`m just curious why you choose the word "disillusioned" because that word makes me think of someone who has become disillusioned as someone who finally sees through "the illusion" of something, like they are done believing in it. So maybe I just didnt understand you, which could very well be, but it could also be that you mischoose the word. Is that word a word, mis-choose? Even though it has 2 O`s, its still pronounced with an "Oh" sound, like cheeri-O`s. Ch-o-ze...kinda like that. Anyway, if its not a word, it should be, right? :^)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Anyway, continuing on, we need to come up with something to overpower the freight train coming our way. Some of you at this moment maybe are thinking we should grab our guns and take to the streets. No, thats exactly what they wish you would do. They are pretty much treating us like we are a lion in a cage and they are pokin us with a stick, trying to provoke us so that they will have "just cause" to put us to sleep. Look at some of the stuff you`ve seen over the past 5-10yrs... There`s been a lot of stuff that seems to be trying to get us to react. Tryin to make a few of us snap and go all "mcveigh" or "unibomber" so then theres enough of a threat for "homegrown" terrorists to be able to consider it necessary for our police to be militarized and much more.

So we dont take to the streets? No.
Ok so we just go on like normal so we dont fall into their trap? Not exactly. See, if we can "awaken" enough people under some type of a leadership (the leadership will be necessary in order to keep all these newly awakened people from doing what their first reaction may be and "taking to the streets") then no matter what little scheme they try to pull, we will see through it. The problem right now is that too many people are still "living in the matrix" and we who think for ourselves are too much of a minority. If some of us seriously start putting some REAL effort into this, we may have a chance to wake up enough people to make a difference. How do we make a difference? We can get together and talk about that, its too much of a question for one man to answer but my ideas have something to do with ignoring the gov, growing & raising our own food, and for the first time in a long time...START TAKING CARE OF EACHOTHER AS LOVING HUMANS SHOULD! There`s a lot to build on there, and keep in mind: your neighb ors are most likely no worse than you are, morally. The elitists want us to be afraid, be very afraid of our neighbors. They might do drugs or they might be a pedophile! BUT standing around pointing fingers isnt getting us anywhere... except exactly where they want us...divided and conquored.(sp) So anyway, you can work on strengthening your community, and you can spread the info to wake people up. Just dont count on the net to help you, it could get shut off... so I would be copyin & pastin as much good info as you can. And even electricity could go out so...but even if it didnt, the smartest thing to do would be to make some copies... then, distribute! ...be creative... :^) I always thought it would be cool if someone made a "coffee table book that would be a compilation of their fav threads...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
S+F for a great thread. I don't read newspapers anymore due to the inaccuracies and general BS. Same goes for TV news - it's a carefully packaged product designed to stop you thinking for yourself and make you scared of the world.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
maybe the right title was illusioned idiots...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
this is right, it's time to turn our shoulder on them and build the little world around us just like we want it to be.

Originally posted by doctor j and inmate c5779
Anyway, continuing on, we need to come up with something to overpower the freight train coming our way. Some of you at this moment maybe are thinking we should grab our guns and take to the streets. No, thats exactly what they wish you would do. They are pretty much treating us like we are a lion in a cage and they are pokin us with a stick, trying to provoke us so that they will have "just cause" to put us to sleep. Look at some of the stuff you`ve seen over the past 5-10yrs... There`s been a lot of stuff that seems to be trying to get us to react. Tryin to make a few of us snap and go all "mcveigh" or "unibomber" so then theres enough of a threat for "homegrown" terrorists to be able to consider it necessary for our police to be militarized and much more.

So we dont take to the streets? No.
Ok so we just go on like normal so we dont fall into their trap? Not exactly. See, if we can "awaken" enough people under some type of a leadership (the leadership will be necessary in order to keep all these newly awakened people from doing what their first reaction may be and "taking to the streets") then no matter what little scheme they try to pull, we will see through it. The problem right now is that too many people are still "living in the matrix" and we who think for ourselves are too much of a minority. If some of us seriously start putting some REAL effort into this, we may have a chance to wake up enough people to make a difference. How do we make a difference? We can get together and talk about that, its too much of a question for one man to answer but my ideas have something to do with ignoring the gov, growing & raising our own food, and for the first time in a long time...START TAKING CARE OF EACHOTHER AS LOVING HUMANS SHOULD! There`s a lot to build on there, and keep in mind: your neighb ors are most likely no worse than you are, morally. The elitists want us to be afraid, be very afraid of our neighbors. They might do drugs or they might be a pedophile! BUT standing around pointing fingers isnt getting us anywhere... except exactly where they want us...divided and conquored.(sp) So anyway, you can work on strengthening your community, and you can spread the info to wake people up. Just dont count on the net to help you, it could get shut off... so I would be copyin & pastin as much good info as you can. And even electricity could go out so...but even if it didnt, the smartest thing to do would be to make some copies... then, distribute! ...be creative... :^) I always thought it would be cool if someone made a "coffee table book that would be a compilation of their fav threads...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
No one is coming to save us,we must save ourselves.

This religious rabble works well to keep people sitting around doing nothing to help themselves,waiting to be saved by a great being from wherever......

Like Sheep!.

You who sit and wait for the great saviour to cometh are kinda like those waiting for their welfare check to come in the mail,depending on a greater power to save you...

Just an excuse to be happy drunk religious zealots and extremists.

Just my opinion,no offense intended.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

We are the ones who stoke the firebox on the freight train,we provide the fuel out of sheer ignorance and fear.

Just stop feeding it,and it will be dead on the tracks.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

dude, lighten up, dont pre-assume something about someone, no-ones shooting you down

a remark like "ugh, satan" is gonna get people to think "what a nob "

cuz i did

unintelligent arguement is for the immature and unintelligent

boomshanka

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thedarktower

No chip needed,if you carry a cel-phone,your location can be triangulated fairly quickly,and fairly accurately,devices in newer cars have the same capabilities,just say "On Star"....

Your credit rating is how you will be allowed to or prevented from buying or selling,makes me wonder why some are so against barter,and who might that be?...hmmmmmm.....

You are already as marked as some would like you to be,you can be tracked already,physically and financially,now all that is left is to refine the methods they already use to keep track of all of your actions.....

But in the end it won't matter,because wrong is just.....WRONG....

Nobody is in danger of anything,unless of course,the only way to destroy an immortal is to....we are not immortal!....There is no danger,there is no safety,there is only life.

Go live it before it's gone,stop wasting time chasing your tail,or the wind.

Pay no attention to the cage they try to build around you inside your head,because that is the only way you imprison yourselves.

Nothing can be done to you without your consent,go figure out what contract you entered into,and demand it be nullified because the terms of the contract were not fully disclosed to you.

The world is chock full of stupid people,don't be one of them.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calender
It is hard for me to believe that so many people replying to this thread really think that all of the badness in this world is being blown out of proportion.

I don't think anyone is saying that. There is definitely "badness" in the world. But the media skews our thinking and perception of things.

Now I do agree, that the Media does overhype things. Like let's say a celberties running away from the police, and they're filming it on camera. Or a famous pop icon dies, and that's all they talk about.

True, but if an illegal immigrant does something "bad", they talk about what a problem illegal immigration is, as if that one instance is the reason that we need immigration reform. They make Latinos look like dangerous criminals (and plenty buy it as you can see). The media takes one instance and magnifies it to reflect the problem of the day.

This is how crazy laws and infringement in our lives happens: A child gets hold of his father's loaded gun and blows his brains out. The media, instead of making it about gun safety and responsibility, makes it about GUNS. The people, who are now freaked out about the almighty and dangerous GUNS, call their Congressmen and demand legislation to outlaw guns.

It's not JUST about negative news, it's about the skewed perception the media puts on the bad things that happen.

And even quiet small towns are not immune to the violence in todays world. Just remember how in the isolated Quaker town the boy that walked into the school and opened fire and killed a dozen or so girls.

And did they talk about WHY the boy was so troubled? Did they address what got him there and why his soul was so tortured that he felt the need to waste his classmates? Did they talk about prevention? The worship of violence in our society and where it comes from? Gun safety? Education of the other kids? NO! They talked about GUNS.

The world is full of wickedness...

There is badness, but there is also goodness. I could give you as many stories of really wonderful things that happen. You (generic) have to find a balance. Listening to the news, which only reports "bad" news, will have you focusing only on the bad. That's why it's important to find balance. Or else you'll end up a paranoid delusional schizophrenic... Look around you...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Perfectly put. When we try to point this out to others we get ridiculed or called a "conspiracy theorist"
I'm starting to think some people aren't worth the effort of what it takes to try & open their eyes.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Without question, mainstream media over does some stories. To an extent of them being boarder-line ridiculous in some instances. However, I believe that there is a personal responsibility to look beyond the headline and judge the integrity and purpose of the story for yourself. Yes, it is easy to get swept along with sensationalism, but the internet allows us to question things like never before and form opinions true to your own set of morals and values.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
A second look in the mirror is usually a good idea, just to make sure what you see is really what you saw. If you like what you see, keep it. If not, wash your face.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I stopped following the news a couple of years ago because I realized what you are describing. The world is not dangerous. I see Americans being afraid more than anyone else... could it be because you have the most crazy network television on the face of the planet?

Stop watching the news. There is no difference compared to propaganda. Sorry, but you are on your own. Get to know the world without television.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
Without question, mainstream media over does some stories. To an extent of them being boarder-line ridiculous in some instances. However, I believe that there is a personal responsibility to look beyond the headline and judge the integrity and purpose of the story for yourself. Yes, it is easy to get swept along with sensationalism, but the internet allows us to question things like never before and form opinions true to your own set of morals and values.

Just like exercise machines allows people to stay in shape.

See anyone not in shape?

Exactly. With the society we have, most people have no time to do anything except work and take care of their family, and unfortunately, watch the propaganda "news" to give them their world view.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I like the analogy about staying in shape with the news. While I agree that people have little time to do no more than work and look after their family, I do argue that anyone can make time to do something they want to. People need to reach beyond the celebrity news and discover what really is going on.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join