It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusioned idiots

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by Copernicus

I like the analogy about staying in shape with the news. While I agree that people have little time to do no more than work and look after their family, I do argue that anyone can make time to do something they want to. People need to reach beyond the celebrity news and discover what really is going on.

Yes they do. But will they? Im 100% sure they will not... Ive been here for 34 years studying people.

So in conclusion, they want to, but they dont want it enough, like a lot of things in life. And even if they realized that they were being manipulated, I think most people would feel lost without the direction the propaganda gives their mind.

We are all programmed. You know this is true. The image of everything we have not experienced ourselves comes from television. Isnt that a very scary realization?

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hi everyone. To the OP i must agree, though i wont call them idiots, cause i used to be just like them. Believing in the "matrix" or what ever you wanna call it. I read that someone brought up religion as the answer, well that just proves the point.

However; i am in current time, trying to tell especially my sister, who is very religious and politically involved, that non of those have the answer, that both are a smoke screen for the "real" truth. But allso other who starts any disgussions about the world today. When ever i start talking about theese things that can be proven, like the American National Bank, not being national, they emidiatly shuts down like a computer with a virus, like i would have done a few years back.

HOW DO WE "WAKE THEESE PEOPLE UP", WITHOUT THEM SHUTTING DOWN BEFORE THEY LOOSE INTERREST????

I need an angel, that will make people atleast consider what i am saying. Damn i sometime feel alone in a world where, i see the lie but everyone around me lives it.

Hopefully we can figure it out together.

Love.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Calender

I get your point, but you realize anyone could say anything on here under the guise of anonymity. I could relate numerous personal experiences to you whether real or imagined, to try and show how the thread is wrong. I am not saying you are a liar, but rather that you could easily be lying in an attempt to derail the thread. I am not sure what country you are in but in the US the discovery of a car stuffed with the murdered bodies of 13 people would hardly go unreported or unnoticed. Nor would the hit and run death of a 13 year old girl.

I do not dispute that in some parts of the world the situation is dire. I am sure that goes without saying. But in our localities - here in the US for me and in England for the OP - we are not confronted daily with those news stories. Nor would they affect us on a personal level. If you would like to share a first-hand personal experience with skewed media in a different country, that would be of value to the thread.

Again, I can see what you're saying about problems in other parts of the world. I do not think it is good, nor do I think those things should be happening. If you would like to share your firsthand point of view on how the media in other countries skews their reporting I would be happy to hear it. Hearsay and speculation about the skewed media in other countries is hardly a discussion topic.

I would be very interested in hearing from people about the way their news media is skewed in other countries.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

ha! I was thinking it times 10 but you put worded your response well.

I believe >catwhoknows has the right idea in the 'peace/love', but is in belief of the deceptive fear that most follow of "if I don't believe word for word my christian religion and history my parents made me go to sunday school for then I must believe in the devil"

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Muckster, I agree with you whole heartedly. It is very sad some are not realizing this as you have pointed out.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Muckster, I agree with you whole heartedly. It is very sad some are not realizing this as you have pointed out.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Friedrich Engels once said: the masses are stupid, and yes, we are a bunch of ignorant monkeys, we prefer the new Ipad, Iphone, , watching MTV, Oprah, Jerry Springer, etc., but refuse to grab and read a good book, watch alternative media, help our neighbors, volunteer for good causes. Sadly, if we keep eating all this @#$#% and remain as zombies, we will become their full time slaves.

These are the days when mankind will decide the future of the race, it doesn't matter what color, height or region we are from, life is all that matters, taking care of our planet, but yet, we still are wondering who's winning the world cup or the world series, and in the mean time, Barry Soetero A.k.a. Barack H. Obama President of the United States of America and Mr. Netanyahu are playing age of empires with the war ships and nuclear submarines in front of Iran, setting the scenery for the next hollywood action sequel : World War 3.

WE MUST WAKE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!!!!!
o ya nos llevó la chingada!!

A big hug for all of you.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by LurkerMan
reply to post by antonia

theres always another side to an arguement, regardless of whether you want to acknowledge it or not. maybe if you spent a little bit of that energy you have from getting so frustrated, on actually inquiring as to *why* the opposition feels/thinks the way that it does, it might make more sense. rather than your typical "i just dont understand".

What makes you think i'm frustrated? I don't care anymore. You guys can rant and rave all damn day. Who am I to deny people what they enjoy? You missed the entire point. My point here is that many of you just enjoy being afraid so the issue at hand doesn't even matter. It doesn't matter what it is or the logic of it. People will just be afraid because they are addicted to that state of mind. If it wasn't Illegals, Muslims, White People, whatever they'd find something else to be afraid of.

so all that fantasy logic about *why* there is an influx of illegals, is rather meaningless, as it doesnt change how society thinks the process of joining said society...should go. that would be like me showing up to an IBM shareholder meeting and telling them how i want the company managed.. (im not an ibm shareholder)

I'm not telling society how to act. However, telling people WHY something occurs can give them a really clear idea how to FIX that problem. Let's say you are getting water in your basement. Well, you are gonna have to figure out WHY you are getting water in the basement to effectively fix the problem. You can't just throw up plastic, caulking and cement haphazardly and think it's going to get fixed. If IBM called me because they had issues with their management I would have to tell them why their system was having issues. This would give some clear indicators as to how to fix it. Reactionary sentiments are cute, but you get nothing done.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by antonia]

and it seems youve clearly missed my point as well.

nobody asked for your services.

so if your going to point out every little problem that you notice, and offer nothing constructive to fix it, at the very least your going to have to deal with me pointing it out.

you are what we in [any] industry call, a complainer.

you ever seen the picture of the crying baby that says "the great seal of the democratic party?" can you guess who that reminds me of?

ill give you a hint, its you.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

You can believe what you want mind...I think its cute...
Oh what a rock solid world a pure christian must live in.

''Jesus is Lord anything different is satan.''

As you were peeps.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by molovino
Friedrich Engels once said: the masses are stupid, and yes, we are a bunch of ignorant monkeys, we prefer the new Ipad, Iphone, , watching MTV, Oprah, Jerry Springer, etc., but refuse to grab and read a good book, watch alternative media, help our neighbors, volunteer for good causes.

Speak for yourself!
I hate the iPad and iPhone, MTV, Oprah and Jerry Springer. I love reading books, watch Discovery Channel, Nat Geo etc and do help out for good causes (when I have the time).

I abhor celebrity culture and wouldn't even recognise half of them if I bumped into them in the street.

Unfortunately, you are right, the majority aren't like me, and I would suspect most of the people here on ATS. They are obsessed with popularity and fitting in. The only reason celeb culture exists is because everyone wants to be like them, because that's "how you're supposed to be". The only reason everyone wants an iPad is because "everyone knows how cool they are", regardless of the fact that they are actually cheaply produced rubbish with weak, outdated processors and low memory. They also don't care about anything outside their own little world, unless of course it's fashionable to do so at that time
, which is why you cannot educate them and why they just shut down every time to try to open up a conversation about anything other than who's going to win Britian's Got Talent or what happened on the last episode of Glee!

This is the standard default setting of the "average" human being and it's nothing to do with the matrix or control over society by TPTB. It is totally evolutionary. It is a human's natural instinct to fit in with their peers, to belong to and be accepted by the tribe. There have always been the odd one or two however, who can elevate themselves above this to see the bigger picture. These people invariably either become outcasts if they are weak or leaders if they are strong. Amazingly, human society has changed very little over the millennia, only happening on a bigger scale as globalisation has progressed.

A Human Being CAN be an intelligent, creative and rational creature. The Human Species is a frightened pack animal who will do what they are told by their leader and follow whatever the rest of the pack is doing.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan

and it seems youve clearly missed my point as well.

nobody asked for your services.

Your point? It's a public message board. If you don't like it don't read it. I have just as much right to speak here as you. Time to make room on ignore.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The titile of this thread should read "Dellusional Idiots". I think you may have uses the wrong big word there, Mr. Smartguy. Kind of ironic.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Which has already been discussed if you had bothered to read the replies and my explanation for it...

Originally posted by Muckster

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by AtruthGuy
how the hell can call someone an "idiot." When you can barely spell or use proper grammar?

Good one.

However someone with bad spelling does not equate to idiot.

An idiot is someone with a good education yet still making foolish mistakes and leaving out important aspects of the equation.

Bad spelling shows us nothing about a person's intellect. Nor does it indicate veracity of the statement either.

By the way, you left out the word "you". And used incorrect punctuation and capitalization.

What you meant was
"How the hell can you call someone an "idiot", when you can barely spell or use proper grammar?"

You misused a period after "idiot", when it should have been a comma.
Also you should not have capitalized "When", as the comma eliminates the need for this.

Funny how you criticize grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Karma is a great thing.

Thanks Muzzleflash

Now i probably could just about get away with claiming this was a deliberate mistake in an attempt to be ironic (the title was) but that would be lying

You are correct... spelling is not intelligence... in fact to think so is nothing short of snobbery

As I’ve said on ATS before... I left school with nothing... Poor education due to mixture of Dyslexia and the fact that my father was dying from motor neurone disease through my school years.

I know my spelling and grammar is not the best... but have NO shame in it... when other kids were learning Shakespeare i was bed bathing my father and helping my mother carry him up and down the stairs!

What i know now ive slowly taught myself over the years... 20 years ago i would NEVER have written anything that could be viewed by millions... i’m happy with my progress and except the odd mistake as long as people understand what i mean!

Luckily for me, most people on ATS are forgiving of such mistakes

Oh... and to anyone who does think that intelligence can be judged on academic skills... go spend a week alone in the Australian outback and see if you smarter than the Aborigines!!

Anyway... back on track...

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

Originally posted by molovino
The Human Species is a frightened pack animal who will do what they are told by their leader and follow whatever the rest of the pack is doing.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by nik1halo]

Then why do I feel so alone so much of the time?

[edit on 30-6-2010 by IGottaBeMe]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImYourHuckleberry

You're exactly right to a point... until our numbers become too large. Than what do you think that "shadow government" is gonna do with us??? They will exterminate us. That's what's coming with the oil gusher and more will follow. Type in FEMA on youtube and see what pops up. Scary stuff about all the coffins and graves they have already prepared for American people.

Keep thinking how you do though and you might be a victim.

It's not too bad though, I rejoice in the thought of all the stupid people dying!!!

I don't see our numbers getting too large. Most of the "civilized" nations are nearing zero population growth. The uncivilized (read: poor) nations are still breeding uncontrollably. However, thanks to famine war and disease their numbers are pretty well kept in check.

I could see adopting some sort of program whereby families are only allowed a certain number of offspring; like in some Asian countries. This seems much more likely than just killing a bunch of people. It's more economical too. You've already invested so much time and money in training these productive adults. Now you're going to kill them?

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

And did they talk about WHY the boy was so troubled? Did they address what got him there and why his soul was so tortured that he felt the need to waste his classmates? Did they talk about prevention? The worship of violence in our society and where it comes from? Gun safety? Education of the other kids? NO! They talked about GUNS.

Everyone knows that guns aren't the real problem, but what do you expect the government to do about it. You can't pass laws that are going to make people be good people, but you can pass laws that limit their ability to hurt others. It would be nice to make a law that said you had to pass a class and be trained to be a parent as well as apply to get a license to have a child. Could you imagine the outcry we'd have then?

To thedarktower:
I'm pretty sure I'm OK with the idea of a "chip" implanted in everyone. You could immediately find lost children. You could arrest murderers by tracking who the deceased had contact with. You could even make it do "cool" things like monitoring life signs so an ambulance could be sent if someone was injured.

You might say, "Then Big Brother will be watching you". I think I'd be OK with that. If they wanted to know that I took my kids to the park today and the zoo yesterday before stopping at Menards to buy some plants, I don't have a problem with that.

If I were president, I'd make everyone get a chip/tattoo that does these things. I'd call it the Basic Electronic Account Safety Tattoo and make everyone here poop their pants.
[edit on 30-6-2010 by Mayson]

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Mayson]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Luckily through sites likes this, people like Alex jones, Lindsey Willams, Ted Gunderson, documentaries etc we are not all brainwashed. I was Brainwashed until 6 months ago. I have now woken up and I hope more people wake up each day.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Ahh, that was a lovely answer. I too know the Lord. I am Spirit filled and I speak in tongues.
We are to stay in a state of love and compassion and forgiveness. Believe you are worthy to be protected in these times. It is going to get bad, but look how stupid and blind and ignorant and materialistic most people are. You must realize that it takes these horrible events to snap people out of their materialism and realize what's important.
My heart is broken that we are paying the price of the beautiful ocean, but we read that one in Revelation 8:8. Here is is. Do you still believe in the rapture? We're here, and we will be spared out of it, but that means that our souls will survive and we won't give into the false religion.
The national microchip ID is on the horizon.
I'm thinking it's time to go to a third world country and get off of the grid.
There's no where to hide in the US or Europe. We are the belly of the eight headed beast. (G 8).
I saw those same three sided towers that have sprung up everywhere when I was in the Andes.... It won't be easy to hide from the microchip system, and you will have to be self sufficient.
Just seek God within your heart and you will be shown the path that is appropriate and best for your soul.
The first step is non attachment to your stuff and start thinking about your survival, and more than that, your soul.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayson

The problem with the implantable microchip is that "they" have mood control technology which they can use the chip for. Have you ever seen the youtube video of an example of a bull with a microchip, and they are able to stop him in his tracks from charging just by sending a certain frequency to his microchip?
Thoughts and emotions have frequencies, which can be used to cause a person to have whatever emotion you want them to have. If you were to keep people in a state of fear, fear makes it impossible to have faith. If you are vibrating at a fear level, your soul is in danger of not only attracting the very thing you fear, but of going out of here in a very dense vibration, which can trap your soul in a bad other dimensional plane.
The leaders of this NWO are sorcerers, not just greedy men. They have a religion and they do rituals. If you'd like to see one of their rituals, go rent "Eyes Wide Shut" the last movie made by Stanley Kubric.
They have very sophisticated mind control techniques, and that is the true danger of the micro chip. Go look up the writing of Alex Constantine if you want some documentation of what I am saying.
Also, just research the micro chip and you will find that this sort of technoloty is easily possible.
It's not just a matter of taking a damn chip, it's a matter of becoming a slave to their matrix, which is their religion, and they do not worship a loving god.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thetiggler

Most alternative news people are part of the plan. They are stirring up anger, another one of those dense emotions. The PTB want us to finally start a revolution so they will have an excuse to declair martial law. Remember Waco? You can't fight these sob's with guns.
Only the Spirit of the True Living God can stand up to them. Just get real with God and the rest will fall into place for you.
Alex Jones stirs up hatred toward Mexicans. No hatred is of God. We have illegals in this country because the IMF makes huge loans to their countries so all the money from the resources of that country has to go to pay off the loans, keeping the people poor and desperate so they will crawl up north to the US just to make a meager living so their families can survive back home. We should all be ashamed of ourselves everytime we eat food picked by a Mexican immigrant. (cheap food from your grocery store). They spray the fields with insecticides while the workers are in them. They are here out of desperation. If they try to organize unions, we sen in the US military to back the Federales who murder women and male demonstators. (look up what happened recently from a teacher strike in Oxaca). All this pro Amerikkka crap is far from the real truth, and all this anger to take back Amerikkka is bs. We are the young he goat from the west (that's the Federal Reserve). After we bomb the crap out of Iran, we will be broken up into four parts and then comes the rise of the anti christ.
Go read the Book of Daniel. This is not a christian country.
So many of these alternative news guys are war mongers and trouble makers.
We cannot fight these evil sob's with violence. We do not fight against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers in high places. You fight this sort of thing with prayer and with love and acts of compassion.
You've awoken to one level, so keep going until you realize that violence, anger and fear are not the answers.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Maybe the Beatles had it right when they said, "All you need is love".

Feel the Love

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join