It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusioned idiots

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm sorry for your loss.

I'd probably be at there when he was released. I'd rather not go into what I'd do, but I'd make sure he was never able to rape another woman ... or even hold a knife for that matter.

I just can't believe, with stories like these (there are many more) that the police can't report VIOLENT offenders to ICE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed give me the place, date, and time. If I am still alive I will be there and do what should have been done along time ago.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Oh, I just wanted to say that I think that it doesn't REQUIRE a conspiracy to have the News agencies be totally useless -- it CAN BE an organic process driven by advertisers;

BP spills Oil.

This gets on the news -- PEOPLE are angry! So that's the lead story.

BP advertises heavily on that news station.

New reporters get a bit more censored. Making $300,000 a year for NOT being to inquisitive, get's your TV News host going after whatever story has less money and power defending itself; some kid in a well, or Madonna acting outrageous -- seems pretty safe. They can sell the same laundry soap with the kid caught in the well as they can sending a sub down with cameras rolling to the gulf and forcing the Coast Guard to explain on camera how it's "unsafe" to look at the oil gusher and NOT depend on the culprits to send us the video.

>> However, there's about 5 corporations that own 80% of the Media on TV. The ownership goes to Military corporations, Big Energy and such.

So if you are part of the ownership of the media -- you get a free pass. And war is good business, so they seem to support wars more than send reporters to show you the harm that is caused -- if it leads it bleeds? -- not if it's an advertiser.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson
I think you're talking about delusional idiots.
You would probably consider yourself disillusioned.

Thanks for mentioning this. When I read the title and then read the OP's post, the word didn't fit.

dis·il·lu·sion (ds-lzhn)
tr.v. dis·il·lu·sioned, dis·il·lu·sion·ing, dis·il·lu·sions

To free or deprive of illusion.
n.
1. The act of disenchanting.
2. The condition or fact of being disenchanted.

I don't think the mainstream media is depriving us of illusion.

[edit on 6/28/2010 by sodakota]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ImYourHuckleberry

Yes I get it, but at the same time if we don't get scared, we won't do anything to try and get our elected officials to close the border.

I'm finding it hard to express myself today for some reason.

There are things we need to be afraid of to force us to take actions beneficial too us. In the case of the Border, fear is the opposite of what is happening. They are trying to convince us it is not dangerous in fact. That anyone who wants it closed is a Racist or worse. It does not fit into what I see the OP talking about here. It does not fit.

Now the Gulf Spill does fit. It will be used to tax us into a two class system, making the ruling class richer and eliminating the middle class by placing energy beyond a normal persons means. That does fit into this nicely.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Believe me that has been discussed. Common sense must prevail however.

There are other things, like alerting everyone, wherever he lives as to who and what he is. Things that can be done without going to his level.

I did not mean to pull this off topic OP, sorry about that.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Of course what you're saying is true. However at times these things are real no matter how much you hate the media or how they work.

It's up to each one of us to judge for ourselves what's real or exaggerated. I myself don't watch TV, in fact all the news I get is from ATS and thankfully, the opinions of ATS members which help balance out the news article in question.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

What I find so funny about your post is that I only believe in love.

So, what do you believe in?

Ugh, Satan.

Careful now...

"Judge not that ye be not judged."
- Matthew 7:1

If you actually follow Jesus's teachings and example, and you will be respected.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
there are many threads like this but it still didnt stop me from starring and flagging it. our mass media sugar coats things so badly, even g4 has better coverage on the oil spill. unlike mainstream media which is so far from the truth, trying to make people think everything can be fixed when it cant.

talk about disinformation at its worst.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Another thing people love to do when you start talking to them seriously about the corruption and lies of the world we live in, is put their heads in the sand.

Sometimes they tell me straight out interrupting my sentence that they know our government is corrupt and that their vote doesnt matter but they don't "like" to think about it so they divert their attention away and change the subject or go to a freaking movie etc etc.

People are maintaining this illusion because they DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH IT! They would rather sit on the couch and watch american idol and drink beer! That small of a world is comfortable to them and anything outside of that with serious implications is FRIGHTENING!!!!

They are allowing this all to perpetuate because they turn their heads.

It's my beliefe that we wont be able to deal with this situation until there is absolutely no where else for people to run or no other direction to turn their head for a prettier picture. Quite literally the world has to go to hell in every direction before people will actively do something about it all.

My 2c

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well you are right... and wrong...

Sure, way too many people take the doom and gloom from the main stream media and blow it way out of proportion.

However, an equal surplus of the masses take the rainbows and sunshine from the MSM, and sugar coat their realities with idealism. This is how we ended up with BO as our President.

These days, it takes a rare and special level of normality to find the most accurate representation of actuality right in the middle. No, the world is not likely going to end tomorrow, but then again, neither are the economic woes. No, the BP spill is probably not going to erupt into a new super volcano, but then again they're not likely to stop it any time soon. etc. etc.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yep the title of the thread prety much sums up the all the members of ats.
This is one embarrassing website.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Fantastic... not seen that before... thanks

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Great thread, OP, I couldn't agree more.

The following was also a great post.
reply to post by westcoast

Originally posted by westcoast

Fear = control. Most of the MSM headlines are geared towards this. I know this, but I still fall for it. Or do I? Because, as the OP points out, how do we know when we should really be afraid, or at least aware of something? Do I turn a blind eye to the oil spill because it MIGHT be over-hyped by the government in order to get us to sign on off on 'going green'? Or am I turning my back on humanity by doing so?

I agree, it's hard to find a balance. I have just taken the position of "observer" and I feel like I COULD be watching the downfall of a nation or I COULD be observing how fear affects people, and nothing horrible is going to happen. I spend some time in each mindset, but always as an observer. Because to get more involved or worried or fearful isn't good for my health.

I visited New York for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I expected to be in fear of my life, with purse-snatchers and killers lurking around every corner.

I have found the same thing. I think I take some of the news too seriously sometimes and I've come to the place where I don't believe anything unless I see it for myself.

Great post!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

That is a very sad and tragic story... but it feels like you are somehow suggesting that i believe we should let Illegal Immigrants off of crime or something... I never once said that.

I don’t mean to make light of this terrible story... But would it have made any difference if a US citizen had murdered your Sister in-law?

Of course not!! It doesn’t matter who commits the crime... they should be punished.... But that does not mean punishing anyone else who shares certain traits with the individual killer!!!

However, this is the very thing the media does... rather than focussing on the one tragic crime and reporting on any injustices within the individual case.... we will be flooded with story’s about “illegal immigrants” as a group and, slowly but surely, the story turns from a tragic story of an individual crime into a story about why an entire group of people are evil.

In the 1980’s my Grandmother was beaten and robbed by a black person... This was never once used by her, or anyone else in my family, as an excuses to be racist or to attack an entire group... She still had her dignity, pride and the common sense to know that ALL men are capable of evil.

It is obviously a very sensitive issue... and i really don’t want to add any more pain to what you have already suffered... Just wanted to make my point clear.

Call me a "Disillusioned Idiot", I dare you.

I would not do that... I do see where you are coming from but respectfully disagree with parts of you argument.

The only reason i titled this thread "disillusioned idiots" was for Irony... A thread with such a title that then goes on to berate the mass media and its sensationalism...

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm down to be in whatever group really understands what's going on. Divisiveness is rampant in ATS. There are so many people here that hate so many groups. I will keep preaching like an Evangelist on crack until I get heard. There is only humanity. If we would all support each other as a race instead of spending time trying to stop one group from getting what they want, this world would be much better.

Instead people play into TPTB game. Every man for himself, don't let anyone have what they want because god forbid you have to sacrifice something to help them. Everyone is evil, your neighbor is a commie, your teacher is a child molester, even your priest! Its all part of the game. Divide and conquer. Not only that but they use capitalism as a guise to make us struggle and compete for the things we need daily.

In addition they made a billion dollar business out of locking people up *tips hat*. That's ridiculous. You don't think someone making billions of dollars of prisons isn't going to want to make everything illegal? I bet the prison industry lobbies for all kinds of ridiculous laws. It only makes them more money. Although I've never been, (great nickname though huh?) I will probably go one day for trying to defend my rights.

How did you know I was a wood? Lucky guess? Ha! Although as you can tell I don't like labels.

Thanks for the kind words! Mad respect to the Egyptians! One of the most successful and longest lasting civilizations in recent (not a typo) history.

You know who nailed it on the head for me was Protoplasmic Traveler. All roads do indeed lead to Rome.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Well said.

Check out these PDF scholarly papers for the hard numbers on how BS and made up the Politics of Fear really is:

"Politics of Fear" PDF

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I also think that they just want to unleash havoc upon us. I feel like our administration hates US just like hitler hated the Jews. They want every kind of bad thing to happen to us. In my opinion we are there slaves, and they're helping to prove that theory more and more everyday.

They're destroying our wealth, destroying our environment, destroying our morals and values. I really do think the Bohemian Grove rituals are more serious than people believe. It's not just people in black robes acting like idiots. I think they are real, heartless people that don't have a care for anything but themselves and their agenda. I truly believe that they want to cause us harm and sufferring and that their ultimate goal is to exterminate us to bring down the population. Just connect the dots... the administration has no good intentions for us.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I had to read the OP twice, because it seemed so.....obvious. I was looking for more but came back to the same personal conclusion. I, like many, have my own similar thoughts and sum it up as "FOC" (no not FOC you, but close
. Fear, Oppression, Control. One generously leads to the other. Nothing groundbreaking just my thoughts.

I think its dangerous though as some have indicated to use ATS as their sole news source. There are great posts here and there is garbage. The beauty is there is so much information out there but at times it can be overwhelming. Another posted made it clear....think for yourself, and that is lacking for many.

Blaine91555....I read a lot of your posts because they have purpose and you tell it like it is. Very sorry to hear about your sister in law. Stay strong.

brill

[edit on 28-6-2010 by brill]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks Benevolent Heretic... glad you liked it

reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I shall check that out... thanks... although I’ve got a LOT of reading to do at the moment so it may take a while!

reply to post by dbloch7986

Thanks for the reply... i like the way you think dbloch7986

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

I had to read the OP twice, because it seemed so.....obvious.

LOL... i've gotta agree... the OP aint no work of genius... and i am no Shakespeare... I am just stating, quite bluntly, what i think.

For some people this thread will be a case of "tell me something i don’t know" but there are also many many people who do just eat up whatever the mass media places in front of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join