It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusioned idiots

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The Daily Mail song

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more with the OP.

I have been feeling this way for awhile now, and even more so since I started browsing ATS. I think that by reading through the thread titles here, I learn about what tomorrow headlines may be...and what is making the rounds on the internet. It is my way of getting a pulse on society.

Having said that, I often find that 'pulse' to be a little fast and erratic. I feel more and more that we, as a society are heading for a heart attack.

Now, your OP presents a very interesting and valid point. Is that perception real or contrived? I really don't know anymore. I think more and more people are feeling that way, which is leading to more fear which most of us know is how we are controlled.

Fear = control. Most of the MSM headlines are geared towards this. I know this, but I still fall for it. Or do I? Because, as the OP points out, how do we know when we should really be afraid, or at least aware of something? Do I turn a blind eye to the oil spill because it MIGHT be over-hyped by the government in order to get us to sign on off on 'going green'? Or am I turning my back on humanity by doing so? ugh....

This trend lately is so disturbing, that I no longer watch the news or even get a newspaper. All my info is from here and word-of-mouth. But then again, who controls this information I am getting, so am I playing into it even more? See, thinking about this gives me a headache.

There are some things that are obviously an attempt at controling us. I will name just a few; H1N1...so obvious. Immigration...in the reverse. GERMS...OMG!!! Get your vaccincations!!! uh-hum. Another trend I have been picking up on lately, especially here, is cop-hating. It is a very disturbing trend for me. It seems we are being 'primed' not to trust the very men/woman there to protect us. They are NOT government controlled....think about that.

I visited New York for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I expected to be in fear of my life, with purse-snatchers and killers lurking around every corner. In reality, I felt quite safe the whole time and the streets of downtown NYC had less 'bums' than my own small home-town. Wow, what the media does. No, I didn't like it, way too much concrete, but what bothered me the most was the 'absence' of any personal contact. I was standing in a literal sea of people, but yet felt more alone than out in my home in the country. At one point, while standing in the middle of the subway with all the seats around us occupied, I nudged my husband and told him to look around at all the zombies. About 90% of the people around us where staring straight ahead, bobbing their heads to the rythm of the tracks....absolutely no expression on their faces. No eye contact...nothing. Comeplety devoid of emotion. It was very chilling. I see our society turning this way more and more. All of our 'technololy' seems aimed at cutting us off from each other while claiming to do just the opposite.

Anyways...very thought provoking thread. Thank you. S & F

[edit on 28-6-2010 by westcoast]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

I wish everyone understood what was going on like you and OP. This world would be a much better place

With a cool ass Avatar like the one you sport. Along with a screen name like dbloch. I doubt if your skidish about including yourself in our little group.

That was awesome wood.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Haha you hit the nail on the head OP!

I was thinking that while smoking my last cigarette a few weeks ago. We'd revolt if anyone forced this upon us... yet we willingly do it to ourselves.

Truly fighting for the right to die by our own hand

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by canuckster
I have the answer,

but no one will do it as we have all become culled and castrated sheep

"STOP PAYING TAXES!!!!!" PERIOD!!!

you think the government can jail or charge everyone if they did??

put your money to work for yourself.

too bad you wont want to give up the padded luxuries to do what needs doing. the money gives the power, take away the money, take away the power.

People can survive without all the infrastructure, we've done it before we can do it again. once the existing system is toppled, we can restructure, but how? thats a question most people cant answer.

We must mirror the biology and geometry of other harmonic organisms/colonies.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

We are brainwashed right now. I don't think there is anyone left who actually has the critical thinking skills and enough knowledge of truth to do anything about it. I can't believe the mainstream media, politicians and everyone were capable of spreading so many lies around. It isn't healthy when it comes time to remember what is real or not.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by darkbake]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

That's a really good take on the Zeitgeist movement. I had adopted the opinion that Zeitgeist and Scientology were birds of the same feather, controlled social experiments to test the new ideologies on the public at large and see what the results among society were. I wasn't seeing that as beneficial, more as a fledgling outbreak that ought to be nipped in the bud. But, yes, I can see how it would work as a stern awareness issue too.

Great thread, S&F. I'm happy to report that I'm finding a number of concerned people among those I've talked to in my town. Even if some are not studied on matters, they are more than willing to listen. One aquaintance I've known for several years recently left town, quite up north here in Canada, to head to the glaciers in BC - one of the few guaranteed locations of fresh water left. He has studied the oil issues for years, is a forthright environmentalist, and he asked me before he left 9after he explained why he was leaving):

"Please, tell me I'm wrong about it. I'd like to be proven otherwise. Can you"?

I told him I could not; the issues are that serious. The Exon Valdez every 2 1/2 days, the methane dome of the bathosphere, hurricanes spreading everything around, acid rain concerns ... and if that is a horn of Revelations, as I and many hold accurate, then the next horn beckons the pollution of rivers.

That being but one issue among many, I kind of envy him for having planned his life to a point of being able to depart to such a sane locale already. As for me, my prime concern is to let those who will listen know about nanotech in our food, and the dangers of GMO's. I drank soy milk for six years, thinking it was a healthy key to life! If I, a semi-educated individual (at the time) who thought he shopped and ate healthy food can be so fooled, how about the dozens of people I know who still eat at kfc, buy Mr. Noodles, and binge out on chips, frozen pizza, etc?

Trouble may be on our horizon, the media will keep the masses pacific and non-prioritized over actual importances, and meantime the unaware eat poison that they have the utter audacity to sell us, and tax us on. It may take a few days or weeks to settle in, in regards to food and health issues, but I will attest to it being the shocking points needed for some to wake up quickly to our modern host of dangers.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
reply to post by catwhoknows

What I find the most amusing about your post is that most wars and conflicts (resulting in violent death) are a result of your religion (and/or god - the Muslim, Christian and Jewish Gods are all one and the same).

edit for spelling

[edit on 28/6/2010 by deltaalphanovember]

Korean War - not religion

Vietnam War - not religion

There are others...

en.wikipedia.org...

Some are, some are not...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

We are brainwashed right now. I don't think there is anyone left who actually has the critical thinking skills and enough knowledge of truth to do anything about it. I can't believe the mainstream media, politicians and everyone were capable of spreading so many lies around. It isn't healthy when it comes time to remember what is real or not.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by darkbake]

That's why nothing gets done!!! Because even those who see the truth sit by and do nothing but wallow in self-pity!!!

Quite frankly, your attitude disgusts me. Get off ATS and start telling everybody. I am... and guess what??? A lot of them are actually listening now.

Start posting videos everywhere about the FEMA coffins, the concentration camps, the truth about the ruptured floor of our gulf.

OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND BE HEARD!!!

It's the easiest, yet most effective, weapon that we have right now. In order for this to change, people's minds must change first. They've never been taught the truth now it's our job to teach it to them.

The worst kind of sinner is he who sees evil, yet does nothing to stop it!!! You'd be better off on their side than sitting in between both sides doing nothing.

Don't get caught in the crossfire, lines are being drawn

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Very true OP news should have a new title "bad news" because its rarely good. They thrive on giving us negative stories and all of the good that happens gets pushed to the side. Were surrounded by negativity. In one day you could meet an old friend, save a kid crossing, find money, win a bet, pay off all you mortgage and still you will remember when you lost your phone with all your numbers in it and class it as a bad day madness.

The MSM allways cherry pick the stories that they want on and i want to no what the reason is. If you look at it people die every day, there arson attacks, armed robberies, burglaries, GBH attacks, fraud, drug dealing outside schools, Gun trafficking, people sneaking into the country. The list could go on for weeks and this is an everyday occurrence. Why are only certain stories getting news time. Iv seen a cat in a tree on the news and that is cliché . I must just be tripping.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I wonder. How would you present your case to some young children I know?

You see my Sister In-Law was butchered by an Illegal Alien in a Sanctuary City in a Sanctuary State. I say butchered, rather than murdered as she was stabbed so many times, the Coroner gave up counting the wounds and the Detective told us not a square inch of the room he drug her into was without blood.

The story? This man was convicted of multiple rapes in southern Mexico. He was placed in a prison there for life. Then one day he shows up in South Carolina and the Mexican Government still claiming he is in prison.

He stays in that area for years, even though the local authorities know he is an illegal and his history after his first arrest for a physical assault on another American Woman. He does a few days and gets off. Local policy is they are not allowed to call ICE.

He moves a few miles to another town and again he is arrested for roughing up a woman. Again he is released and not turned over to ICE.

The day he kills my Sister In-Law, he runs up to woman on the street and grabs her, but she gets away. They arrest him, but release him the same day. He goes back to his Hotel.

He sees my Sister In-Law walking down the street. He grabs her and drags her into his Hotel Room. He tries to rape her, but she fights back. He starts stabbing her and she continues to fight him, managing to stab him once on the arm. He continues to stab her over and over again until she bleeds out.

They catch him down the street still covered in blood. He confesses on the spot. He Lawyers up. He then claims self-defense. He has a small wound on his arm not much more than a scratch and my Sister In-Laws body is covered with dozens of deep wounds, some received after she was dead.

He plea bargains for 15 years because the Detectives say it is his word against the evidence and the tiny wound on his arm give him an out. They know what really happened but don't bother to go for Murder 1, which is what it really was, combined with the abduction. He should have done life without parole.

The Detective in a meeting with the family says he will be out in about 7 years (roughly four years from now). He says he will not be reported to ICE and he will likely move to the next town over, change his name and start all over. They admit this openly, but will not take any action to send him back to Mexico where they still claim he is serving life for multiple rapes.

Now a few weeks before her murder, her Husband died of Cancer. That left her children without a Parent. In light of your comments in your OP, how would you explain to them that the problem with the Illegals, Sanctuary Cities and States and all is just hysterical hype?

Do you really think the Mexican Government is not involved when people from their prisons start showing up in the US?

You see, when you become the actual victim, your perceptions change. It is very real to those who are the recipients of the fruits of our governments inadequacies. When somebody you know and love pays the ultimate price, because Politicians want to pander for votes and are willing to risk our safety if it gets them the Hispanic vote.

Call me a "Disillusioned Idiot", I dare you.

I get your point about the camera's and all with regards to domestic issues within the US. I will never believe the open border is being overblown however. It is doing us great harm. It is not hyped up in the media, as the Network News is not even covering it and most newspapers don't even cover it. They care only about the votes.

I fully understand your worries as I don't even agree with them bothering people on domestic flights. It is just wrong that a US citizen traveling within the US should ever be exposed to a security check. I don't like the idea of a Nanny State either. We have to pick our battles though and Illegal Immigration is a major threat, we should be scared and our do nothing government needs to stop the Hispanic vote buying and protects us.

I know I went off target here, but it is relevant. Not all of what you consider hype is hype. Not everything is exaggeration. In fact they are exactly making a secret of the fact they are now planting people on the Internet to try and squash the negative stories because of the upcoming elections. They are lying about their reasons however.

I am curious. ABC, NBC (and all GE owned news sources), CBS and CNN, along with nearly all newspapers are not reporting the stories about the negative impact of Illegals having a free pass. They are cooperating with the current administration to downplay it in fact. What made you include that in your OP? How would downplaying it and hiding the dangers lead to camera's and more Big Brother? That part confused me, hence my post.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Don't you get it?? Are you that blind??

The government is letting this happen so they can publicize it!!! If not than they would've deported that guy a long time ago. But they don't because he feeds the fear that they want you to live in.

Now that people are scared of all the illegal aliens, it gives the government the ability to encroach upon our rights even further! Now people will be begging for tighter security... which means less individual rights and more control that the government has over us. What's sad is they are tricking you into WANTING them to do their evil bidding.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

First off, great avatar. Loved that movie.

This is a good thread. You are right, The People have been placated by media. We depend on it for everything.

South Park had an episode dealing with the internet once. When the internet went down worldwide, even the news organizations were lost.

Protoplamic Traveller has a term for it: we like "bread and circus". As long as we are fed and entertained, we are a fairly docile herd. Yes, we may shake our fists occassionally, but all in all we are fairly docile (when was the last time The People used their 2nd Amendment rights for the purpose it was included for?).

Humans, while "intelligent", tend towards entropy quite a bit when it comes to their intellect. We are eager to allow others to think for us, i believe because it is easier and allows us to focus on our circus a little more quickly.

Good stuff. S and F from me.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think you're talking about delusional idiots.

You would probably consider yourself disillusioned.

To Muckster: What's wrong with "More Cameras, ID Cards, Internet monitoring, phone tapping"? The only freedoms they would eliminate would be the freedoms to commit crimes. If you obey they rules, you're OK.

I don't know if the media has some sort of grand agenda. I would think it would be all about the money. It's what the people want. If anything, you should be proud of the media. They're giving you what everyone here says that they want; the people in power to listen to them and represent them. If the news was like "This just in. Everything is OK." or "Here are some kittens playing", then no one would watch.

As far as this quote is concerned: Eventually we become so bombarded that, those who didn’t first agree, are now finding themselves saying “i didn’t agree at first, but even i can see that this is becoming a problem”. I personally disagree. After hearing about it for days, I just don't even care any more. I just want it to go away.

The funny thing is that, without you realizing it, you're advocating that the government take all control out of the hands of the people. After all, they're all idiots anyway.

to antonia: I agree with you on "TPTB". Even if there is some sort of shadow government running the world, I'm fine with that. Chances are they're not "evil". What's the point in that? That's not profitable. If anything, they'd want to make your lives better so that you continue to be happy, manageable, and productive. What's wrong with that?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayson

"citizen, live this way, so that we may protect you"

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson

to antonia: I agree with you on "TPTB". Even if there is some sort of shadow government running the world, I'm fine with that. Chances are they're not "evil". What's the point in that? That's not profitable. If anything, they'd want to make your lives better so that you continue to be happy, manageable, and productive. What's wrong with that?

You're exactly right to a point... until our numbers become too large. Than what do you think that "shadow government" is gonna do with us??? They will exterminate us. That's what's coming with the oil gusher and more will follow. Type in FEMA on youtube and see what pops up. Scary stuff about all the coffins and graves they have already prepared for American people.

Keep thinking how you do though and you might be a victim.

It's not too bad though, I rejoice in the thought of all the stupid people dying!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

The Mass Media like to get the teeth into a subject and shake it to death... they want every last morsel of juice before they let it go...[edit on 28-6-2010 by Muckster]

Well you're right with one exception here lately, how about all the details on that Oil Volcano in the Gulf. I've sent them all "links" to alot of articles and videos on the internet that they could care less about, these are videos and articles about Benzene and Methane, you know, colorless and odorless and do Kill. You don't suppose they work a subject to death and then Censor a subject to death do you???

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm sorry for your loss.

I'd probably be at there when he was released. I'd rather not go into what I'd do, but I'd make sure he was never able to rape another woman ... or even hold a knife for that matter.

I just can't believe, with stories like these (there are many more) that the police can't report VIOLENT offenders to ICE.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more. All it takes is one spark to get something going and the media is awesome at creating sparks. This is why i take the news with a grain of salt. I have strong opinions like anyone else, however, the anxiety it is meant to create does not bound me to action or for a call to action.
I just like to know whats up and remain in the loop. My voice should be heard and so i speak. When i speak though, I remind myself i am not informed enough for my opinion to carry weight. Sure, based on what i read or hear i have formulated an opinion, but its not certian i have all the facts and lots of times your given eye-witness accounts which are biased for one side or another.

Crying for action is a lazy man's game, if i know enough and am moved enough i will do something about it to make myself feel better.

Crying to some politician for help reminds me of a baby crying for a diaper change. To me a politician is there to guide you on how to succeed in bringing about change, you can't rely on someone you hardly know to do it for you!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

makes money

The "news" is entertainment as long as it happens to somebody else. Usually it happens to somebody else.

Let's be realistic, what do you think ATS is? I know for me, its primary use is for entertainment purposes.

MSM has "Illegal Immigrant Paedophile terrorist dogs have been attacking war heroes"

ATS has " reptillian overlords control obama"

In the end is it so much different?

-- Amen brother!

If ATS were your only source of "News" -- you'd have a big problem. If the TV were your only source of news -- that's no better.

There are pretty good NEWS sites -- but ATS fills the bill for speculation without being cut off. Sometimes fun, sometimes annoying.

I came here because of the 9/11 inside job -- not because of Aliens. I do believe their are aliens, but nobody who knows anything would be talking about it here and any race a million years advanced from us could do what they wanted to, when they wanted to and we wouldn't know.

>> Despite all that -- people need to take things with a grain of salt -- even their own beliefs. IT's one thing to say; Maybe there are ghosts -- it's quite another to say; I'm jumping off this cliff because I KNOW, that this will attract a friendly ghost to save me.

It's like learning about alternative Cancer treatments or some survival skill -- you don't go out and sell the bank to invest in the new treatment, but it's something worth checking out.

>> Sorry if that's too dang reasonable -- I push my moderation with an iron fist!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join