It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusioned idiots

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
ahhh nice to see that there are more people beginning to wake up. Unfortunately, understanding that the mass media brainwashes people is really only the beginning of the journey (its usually the first step, cos its easiest to see).

When you begin to follow this path to its logical conclusion you realise that:

- laws are only in place to make criminals out of innocent people (the criminals will be criminals regardless).

- the police arent there to prevent crime, they are there to enforce punishment. While on the surface this still looks reasonable, what it effectively does is ensure that "law abiding" citizens are too scared to protect themselves, lest they end up on charges and going to jail just for defending themselves (notice how the laws are all moving towards less and less ability to defend yourselves? Hence more control for those that govern us!)

So in the end, the police end up unwilling supporting the criminals, by ensuring that citizens will just bend over and take it instead of defending themselves. And we get more and more nanny state laws to help "protect" us. Nice isnt it?

- it follows that only YOU can defend yourself, because no one else is looking out for your best interests. Whether this is yourself physically, or ensuring that you are in a community or organisation that will defend its members, the only way you can defend yourself is through your own personal responsibility. The "rulers" wont do this.

- so it follows that, since the law is put in place by the 'government', the ultimate aim of the government is to expand its power through fear and control of its citizens through the laws they create. This is true of any government that has the ability to enact law; it will always increase in size, power and scope. It will always tend towards totalitarianism. It will always tend towards enslaving its citizens.

- now you get to the concept of government. Do you really believe that someone else knows what is best for you? Of course not! So why should you be electing a 'government' that tramples all over your rights? Not only that, they steal your money through taxes and inflation!! If they can pay their debt by printing more money, why cant you print off some bills to pay your taxes? You realise that the property you own isnt even yours, its only yours as long as you play by the rules and let the govt steal from you.

And now we land at the bottom, when you realise that the only person in charge of you is you. That no one owns you except for you. That no one knows what is good for you better than you do. And that therefore no one should rule over you except for you. Now even the concept of a 'government' is repulsive to you, and you just want to be free. You get angry when you see more legislation, less freedom, more nanny-state nonsense.

You've come to the conclusion that only you own yourself, and that to give anyone else power over you is to become a slave. You've taken the red pill, you realise that the rabbit hole goes all the way from top to bottom, and the world will never look the same again.

Thats ultimately where a great number of people need to get to before any meaningful change in human society can happen. It will take that collective anger and will to change society before it can be effected. And i dont see it happening any time soon, not without some massive external event to trigger such an awakening.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IGottaBeMe

If you read the rest of my post, you'll see that I already stated that there always a minority of people who don't follow the crowd. You're obviously on of these people. Unfortunately, the majority do.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutante
maybe the right title was illusioned idiots...

The smart guy meant to say delusional. He has excuses but seems to not want to improve himself as he insults others.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Not sure if you noticed but i did include myself in the OP...

Suckers all of us...

The smart guy meant to say delusional. He has excuses but seems to not want to improve himself as he insults others.

No need to get personal!! Why do you wish to mock my life and claim that my reasons for a simple mistake are actually excuses???

Does it make you feel big?? Easy to feel big online isn’t it... bit tougher in the real world!!

Not once did i attack or insult any individuals... So either back off, or add something relevant to thread!!!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The title of this thread is terribly deceptive. I was expecting to hear about the idiocy of those who have awakened to the true nature of the governmental structure and to be met with an enjoyable rant about how delusional the ATS community is. Disappointingly I am exposed to someone ranting about how ignorant the rest of society is due to modern media and their intriguing and advanced mode of propaganda.

In future it would be advisable to look up the definition of a word before using it os explicitly as a thread title, as "Disillusioned Idiots" is misleading and "Idiots", "Ignorant Idiots" or "Deceived Idiots" may have proven to be far more relative thread titles.

Still, disregarding the nature of the title, thanks for the thread, good to know that most of us ATS'ers are awakened to the deception prominent in mainstream media. However the tone in which many reply to this, calling those others "idiots" is downright elitist, and is not likely to garner an approving response from anyone who enjoys the propaganda that permeates our society. Instead should we not be looking for ways to enlighten others, instead of looking down our noses at them?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thedarktower

you said that the man may chip everyone ,they are trying to pass another bull law that says that all people need to be immunized against what exactly.the flu ,small pox or whatever insane ideal they come up with ,what a nice way to chip everyone ,and no one is any the wiser.
the chip i believe is mentioned in the bible as the mark of the beast 666 either in the hand or the forehead but the upper arm is about 1/2 way between both -perfect place to put it as everyone will be looking for the head #`s or the hand.and it does not show up until you go through their new scanning ports . [HOMELAND SECURITY IN ALL OF OUR AIRPORTS , they call it anti terrorist counter measures.
i call it an invasion of my privacy . how about all of you.

[edit on 02/13/2008 by picrat]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by picrat

added ,darktower how easily do we chip our pets .1 little prick and it is all over.chipped marked and tagged ,dinner is done and so are we.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Speaking of the Dark Tower, something about this thread reminds me of a certain quote. It's going to be a long, hot summer:

Summer and hot.

August had come to the land like a vampire lover, killing the land and the crops of the tenant farmers, turning the fields of the castle-city white and sterile. In the west, some miles distant and near the borders that were the end of the civilized world, fighting had already begun. All reports were bad, and all of them palled before the heat that rested over this place of the center.

Cattle lolled empty-eyed in the pens of the stockyards. Pigs grunted listlessly, unmindful of knives whetted for the coming fall. People whined about taxes and conscription, as they always have; but there was an emptiness beneath the apathetic passion play of politics. The center had frayed like a rag rug that had been washed and walked on and shaken and hung and dried. The lines and nets of mesh which held the last jewel at the breast of the world were unraveling. Things were not holding together. The earth drew in its breath in the summer of the coming eclipse.

-Stephen King, The Dark Tower

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollyavila
reply to post by Mayson

The problem with the implantable microchip is that "they" have mood control technology which they can use the chip for. Have you ever seen the youtube video of an example of a bull with a microchip, and they are able to stop him in his tracks from charging just by sending a certain frequency to his microchip?
Thoughts and emotions have frequencies, which can be used to cause a person to have whatever emotion you want them to have. If you were to keep people in a state of fear, fear makes it impossible to have faith. If you are vibrating at a fear level, your soul is in danger of not only attracting the very thing you fear, but of going out of here in a very dense vibration, which can trap your soul in a bad other dimensional plane.
The leaders of this NWO are sorcerers, not just greedy men. They have a religion and they do rituals. If you'd like to see one of their rituals, go rent "Eyes Wide Shut" the last movie made by Stanley Kubric.
They have very sophisticated mind control techniques, and that is the true danger of the micro chip. Go look up the writing of Alex Constantine if you want some documentation of what I am saying.
Also, just research the micro chip and you will find that this sort of technoloty is easily possible.
It's not just a matter of taking a damn chip, it's a matter of becoming a slave to their matrix, which is their religion, and they do not worship a loving god.

I'm pretty sure that I don't believe in magic or sorcery. However, I do believe that the quote "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" is true. I'm also pretty sure that I don't believe in mind control. It might exist, but I doubt it would be used to make people afraid. If anything, it would be used to make people happy. I think I could do with a little extra happiness in my life.

As for the rest of the stuff, I don't think it really has a basis in reality(i.e. souls being trapped in an alternate dimension)

I'm not personally attacking you, I'm just saying that I don't buy it. Actually, I guess I sort of buy some of the things. I never believe the things I read on here that paint the leaders of nations as "evil". I think that some people might do some things that are bad for others if it serves a purpose, but I would never guess that they'd just try to be bad. However, I could see people doing bad things if they thought it would please their "god". As far as I know if happens all the time. It doesn't mean that I believe that there is some sort of hidden devil worshiping group that secretly runs the world. You could just as easily say that there is no hidden group that runs the world or that, if there is, they worshiped pink fuzzy bunnies and rainbows.

I'm not sure why the people on here always believe the bad things, but never the good.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

So... do you honest believe that without religion there would be no wars?

Very naive if you do!!

Religion is often used as one of the excuses for war, but it is not what causes war... people and greed cause wars... Without religion the greedy and power hungry would simply find another excuse... Political ideology for one!

But this is really a topic for another thread...

Peace!

More people have died in the name of god than by any other cause including disease, famine, drug/gang wars, politically driven wars, etc. This is simple fact. Christians dont act like you're innocent. Your history is as dark as any other.

It's good to believe in a god and have faith, but to say that war and death werent and arent still being caused by it is ignorant to say the least.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

More people have died in the name of god than by any other cause including disease, famine, drug/gang wars, politically driven wars, etc. This is simple fact. Christians dont act like you're innocent. Your history is as dark as any other.

Sorry but i find that very hard to believe... can you provide any proof of this "fact" ??

Disease and Famine kills millions every year!!

www.newscholars.com...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Wow, this thread has made me mad....
Mad as hell!
I just want to climb a tall building and shout about my anger to the rest of the world!

I agree with you entirely. I don't know the situation in the rest of the world, but here in the US of A... well I would prefer not to think about how uninformed most people really are...

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

reply to post by AndrewJay

Sorry but i find that very hard to believe... can you provide any proof of this "fact" ??

Disease and Famine kills millions every year!!

www.newscholars.com...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Muckster]

Interesting read, but I wont simply take it for face value just because its there. Honestly, I dont care enough to run off and do my own research and attempt to prove you wrong. For now, until someone else decides to put in the work and find the stats, I retract my statement.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

...The Mass Media like to get the teeth into a subject and shake it to death... they want every last morsel of juice before they let it go... Why? It makes money and fits an agenda... Either a Government agenda or a corporate one (i guess depending on who happens to be linning the pockets that week)

Dog Attacks, Paedophiles, Terrorists, Killer foxes, Illegal Immigrants etc...

All these stories over reported and sensationalised to make us think that we are living in an extremely dangerous world and the only way to survive is for the glorious powers that be to provide us with more protection... more Laws, More Cameras, ID Cards, Internet monitoring, phone tapping... Less freedom!!

It’s ALL Rubbish!!!.....
[edit on 28-6-2010 by Muckster]

Are you sure? Yes, the media can, will, and does sensationalize some things. yes, there is propaganda. However, I have to say that many of the things you call "rubbish" are very real.

Illegal Immigrants:I know people that live in border states. One friend in Texas, who's lived there her whole life, won't visit the border anymore, because of all the violence. She's THERE, and knows the facts. Knows people affected by it. The problems caused by illegal immigration are real. If anything, most of the media downplays the situation.

Pedophiles: Know people affected by this as well; know PERSONALLY. Yes, they are often given reduced sentences, if any. yes, they network. It's a HUGE issue. In fact, I would place good money on a bet that some in the childrens' clothing industry are pedophiles, base don how some clothing is made to look. Stuff I would never buy for my girls!

Terrorists: You are kidding, right? Military spouse here (and veteran), and I know what actually happens. yes, there are terrorists all over the Middle East, and yes, they plot to cause problems here. Know, personally, people that search vehicles and discover bombs and more. That's not rubbish, my friend.

Now, that said, a couple of those are overblown - animal attacks. Rabid animals are not that common, and though precautions should be taken in areas with an outbreak, there is no reason for people to panic. I remember, way back when I was a kid, reports of rabies in the area where we lived. All we were told was to watch for unusual behavior, from any animal (including bats). We didn't panic, or hide indoors. Likewise, dog attacks, while they do occur and are horrific, are not as widespread an issue as the media would have people believe. Most cases, the dogs are trained to be vicious, and/or completely uncontrolled by their owners. Such as the case where the friend of my niece, who was bitten (right next to my niece), by a mean dog that the owners would not keep fenced and chained. Not a bad breed, just a bad dog and worse owners.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay

It's good to believe in a god and have faith, but to say that war and death werent and arent still being caused by it is ignorant to say the least.

Not even close. People using religion for their own means are not acting on faith, but on a selfish thirst for power. Don't point at the Inquisition, either, because that had ZERO to do with Christianity, and everything to do with control.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Thanks for the reply LadyGreenEyes...

It probably doesn’t help that we are coming from different angles... Being an Englishman, i can only comment on these issues from a British viewpoint. I have no idea what the Mexican border is like and wasn’t really referring to that... apologies for the confusion.

However, this is the way i see it....

I am not suggesting that paedophiles and terrorist are no threat... they are very real dangers that our respective Governments must deal with... however...

In 2006 17,941 people were killed by drunk drivers in the USA...

Can you imagine how it would be if every one of these tragic death was reported as "breaking news" or "this just in"

Could you imagine how silly it would seem if at 11pm every night (or whatever time the bars in America close) the news reporters announced that the country was going onto Yellow alert due to an "increased threat level"

Imagine if the news announced Defcon 3 due to the New York Yankees winning the World Series and the increased risk of heavy drinking in New York??

OK... I’m kind of joking and exaggerating but you see my point? It would seem crazy...
but we happily watch hours and hours of speculative news footage about "possible attacks" and "high level of alert"

I understand that 911 was a terrible thing... and being a Brit i have witnessed my fair share of terrorism (from the IRA to the July 7th bombings) But this sensationalist type of reporting has more to do with keeping us in a state of fear than keeping us informed!

The more we are scared... the more they can control!

Peace

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I think there is a difference. MSM is controlled to only show what they want you to see. Everything is carefully picked.
ATS is comprised, mostly, of people with real stories and concerns who want to hear from other people with similar stories and concerns.
Of course every now and then you get that idiot that likes to stir things up , but it makes it interesting.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by canuckster
I have the answer,

but no one will do it as we have all become culled and castrated sheep

"STOP PAYING TAXES!!!!!" PERIOD!!!

you think the government can jail or charge everyone if they did??

put your money to work for yourself.

too bad you wont want to give up the padded luxuries to do what needs doing. the money gives the power, take away the money, take away the power.

People can survive without all the infrastructure, we've done it before we can do it again. once the existing system is toppled, we can restructure, but how? thats a question most people cant answer.

That would totally work if everyone did it at the same time. Every single tax payer in the US would have to agree to not pay their taxes on the 15th. Then what? Put us all in jail?
Of course, we can't all agree on everything but we can "agree to disagree."

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Not sure if you noticed but i did include myself in the OP...

Suckers all of us...

No need to get personal!! Why do you wish to mock my life and claim that my reasons for a simple mistake are actually excuses???

Does it make you feel big?? Easy to feel big online isn’t it... bit tougher in the real world!!

Not once did i attack or insult any individuals... So either back off, or add something relevant to thread!!!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Muckster]

Hey dude, you made a mistake. Why not own up to it? This sort of behavior just irritates me. Laugh at yourself. You called people idiots and did something idiotic at the same time. At least look up the definition of disillusion.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

If you are referring to the use of the word "Disillusioned" go back through my posts and you will see that i did own up to it...

But poor grammar does not make someone an idiot...

Do you not think that the media is being used as a tool for control??

And do you not believe that those who blindly follow the mass media, without ever questioning what they say, are being naive? Maybe even... dumb??

Whatever you think, thanks for the reply which is helping to keep the thread alive

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Muckster]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join