It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusioned idiots

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+88 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This was originally going to be a reply to someone’s thread... however, after reading back over it, i thought it was worthy of a thread of its own due to the far reaching implications of my belief... Hope you don’t mind

The Mass Media like to get the teeth into a subject and shake it to death... they want every last morsel of juice before they let it go... Why? It makes money and fits an agenda... Either a Government agenda or a corporate one (i guess depending on who happens to be linning the pockets that week)

Dog Attacks, Paedophiles, Terrorists, Killer foxes, Illegal Immigrants etc...

All these stories over reported and sensationalised to make us think that we are living in an extremely dangerous world and the only way to survive is for the glorious powers that be to provide us with more protection... more Laws, More Cameras, ID Cards, Internet monitoring, phone tapping... Less freedom!!

It’s ALL Rubbish!!!

But people buy into it... and not only that, when they do experience an event that has been reported in the paper, they do not see it for what it is... for we have lost the ability to put things into context. Instead, we scream from the rooftops about the injustice and how we are "As Mad as hell"

Like idiotic brainwashed drones we then go screaming to the politicians for "Change" and "demand action to stop this" Feeling smug with ourselves that we have “shown them we won’t stand for it”

And how the politicians must be laughing, as we then demand the very things that they want but could never have suggested in the first place!!

Suckers all of us...

But the worse thing about this is... most of the people i explain this too, while reading a paper, nod in agreement “yeah i know what you mean” they say... Only to then say...

“wow you seen what’s on page 8? Apparently, Illegal Immigrant Paedophile terrorist dogs have been attacking war heroes... we gottta do something about this... what is the world coming to?”

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

You are so right.

We are brainwashed.

What can we do?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

We'll my heart says... keep fighting... keep spreading truth... stay strong in the face of ignorance...

But sometimes my brains says.... What’s the point, maybe the all deserve it anyway... like the old saying "be careful what you wish for"

But then my heart kicks back in and screams "NO... Keep fighting"

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

makes money

The "news" is entertainment as long as it happens to somebody else. Usually it happens to somebody else.

Let's be realistic, what do you think ATS is? I know for me, its primary use is for entertainment purposes.

MSM has "Illegal Immigrant Paedophile terrorist dogs have been attacking war heroes"

ATS has " reptillian overlords control obama"

In the end is it so much different?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

YES.

Here is my truth - I believe that Jesus Christ was here to save sinners.

I believe that He will come back to save his believers.

I believe in loving your fellowman and forgiving and loving.

And I am against war.

And this world is full of war.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Yes, i understand that and it’s a fair point... However, to me, ATS is my ONLY outlet to reach the masses... and as such i will use it to do, what i see as, good.

The MSM does not have this function... well, not in such a free and open sense!

I guess what i am saying is...

MSM = one way traffic

ATS = Two way traffic

Big difference as far as brainwashing goes...

peace

Amen

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This is response to CatWhoKnows...

Your joking right...

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Why should catwhoknows be joking?

You do realise that some people are religious? And you do realise that some of those religious people are Christians right? And as such, they believe that Jesus is their saviour...

If you do realise all this then why act so shocked? Not like he/she was trying to convert you was it!

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

You make a very good point there

It was just a couple of weeks ago the news in UK about Fox attack on two children then a couple day later another one.

I said to misses then .I bet there going to lift the ban on fox hunting not yet but i bet they do eventually.

The same with dog attacks and then there on about chipping dogs dog insurance.

S+F

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

So - you would like wars to continue - are you going to fight?

Or you just sitting at home saying kill, kill?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Star and flag.

Your post is seriously one of my biggest gripes, (gripe doesn't seem a strong enough word).
I too am from the sorry little island you live on, and I'm sick to death of the state of the average British brainwashed mind.
Also , like yourself, I have moments where I think to myself, "why bother, you can't wake people up that don't want waking", but something inside wont let me give up, not yet anyway.
I think the Zeitgeist movie has done alot of good, it certainly has around my own circle of friends etc, (not so sure on the venus project). But it definately got people to look around,blinking a bit, and start to see the world for how it really is and that it doesn't have to be this way, there are alternatives and not just the distorted version the MSM spew out.

Muckster, love the sig!

[edit on 28/6/10 by NonKonphormist]

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

What I find the most amusing about your post is that most wars and conflicts (resulting in violent death) are a result of your religion (and/or god - the Muslim, Christian and Jewish Gods are all one and the same).

edit for spelling

[edit on 28/6/2010 by deltaalphanovember]

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

So... do you honest believe that without religion there would be no wars?

Very naive if you do!!

Religion is often used as one of the excuses for war, but it is not what causes war... people and greed cause wars... Without religion the greedy and power hungry would simply find another excuse... Political ideology for one!

But this is really a topic for another thread...

Peace!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

What I find so funny about your post is that I only believe in love.

So, what do you believe in?

Ugh, Satan.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

True - this is a topic for another thread.

As a final remark, I don't disagree with you, Humanity's Default setting is Kill thy Neighbour. However, killing in the name of religion lessens the burden of guilt somewhat.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

What I find so funny about your post is that I only believe in love.

So, what do you believe in?

Ugh, Satan.

I don't understand "Ugh, Satan" ... please explain. Or were you accusing me of being a follower of said mythical creature?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Let this thread go on, thank you.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
You have put some nice thoughts into this thread and to be honest you are pretty spot on with your assumption.

You have shown me the errors of my way or at least part of it.

There does come a point in time where something is pounded into your subconscious so deeply that it becomes easy to fall back on it without much thought.

Who is to say what subjects are truly important if we cannot take anything in the political climate at face value.

We live in a world that puts walls all around us and sometimes it's almost impossible to see what is on the other side.

I know we can't agree on everything but I can appreciate this post.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

If it was not so true it would be funny!

Yes worthy of it's own thread indeed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bda58edde6eb.png[/atsimg]

Just off to see if the local Euro MP can do anything about the armed rabid alien cat that is prowling the district. We need gun control to stop this sort of thing. - Oh wait we have that already

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

So, people are idiots - you were right there.
The thread met idiots.
So no point posting to idiots.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join