It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LAinhabitant

First of all, I think there is a good chance that BP can plug the well below the breached bore. If so, it should seal the well.

Here is what I THINK may be happening judging from watching these cameras for the last 3 mths. There now appears to be methane percolating up from the breached bore at multiple locations near the BOP. The methane is kicking up sediment/debris. When the current is flowing away from the cameras we don't see the debris. But when the current sends the debris toward the cameras it looks very thick. This didn't happen until after BP capped the well.

I just happened to pull up the cameras at a time when the current was sending massive amounts of debris into view. To me, it did look bad and made it clear to me that the bore is definitely breached.

Please accept my apology for typing in caps. It was insensitive of me. I did not consider the effect it may have on the people near the Gulf. I appreciate your friendly attitude in bring this to my attention.

Now I'm trying to understand why BP doesn't just go ahead with the bottom kill. What are they waiting for?

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smash_the_system
Coming from the UK, i don't listen to the BBC OR the other UK MSM, they're at the end of the day, all saying the same rhetoric, seeing as they're constantly told to by the higher ups and higher waffers. ATS is now my main source of news. Back on topic - saying that they've stopped the leak just won't wash. They're now stating that there's a 'seepage' coming from the sea bed, methane has been mentioned. I think some of the MSM sources must be coming on here to keep up to date with what's happening. Do Reuters run the show still?

Either way this is bad, and it should be made available to the public in every way possible.

I write for Wikinews.org, a sister project of Wikipedia. I have been writing there for quite a few years. I have published a lot of articles that I should be famous for (well I was in every major newspaper in the US). I have been watching these ROV cams like a hawk. I don't believe MSM is watching them anymore or if they are, they don't care. So i wrote 2 news pieces about this in the past 2 days. These are regarding discoveries made by the ROVs:

ROV detects leaks in Deepwater Horizon well cap
Oil spewing from crack in seafloor of Gulf of Mexico was fifty feet from Deepwater Horizon well

I was lucky enough to get a response from BP regarding the June 13 seep found by the Viking Poseidon 2. The second the pipe on HOS SUPER H 2 started to leak I also contacted them, but have yet to get a response (I am not surprised either). So far there is very little to no MSM coverage of this leak. So I urge you to read those article for an in depth analysis and OPINION free reading. Since MSM doesn't care what the ROVs see anymore, I guess it's up to us to get the news out there.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

As with the cap, the relief wells will be the first of their kind to exist anywhere. It has never been done before. Personally, and I am no expert, i don't see how pumping cement into a liquid would allow it to harden. I think, if anything, this cement will just attempt to go straight through the riser and into the ocean again. I don't understand how this can even remotely work. Another concern I have is the hydrocarbon build up where these leaks are. They are massive and grow every time something leaks out. I wonder if the hydrocarbons will make the well and cap unbalanced? And why has BP NOT said anything about this? They also have made no attempt to fix this leak and also have made no attempt to get rid of the hydrocarbons. This is all beginning to worry me a lot more than before they capped the well.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
funny...the ocean floor survey ROV cams have been shut off...seems like they are killing the feeds...I am surprised they have not killed the feed showing the leaking pipe and hydrocarbon build up. But seems like the feeds are dying one by one. Only a few feeds now running. If these guys are trying to cover up this mess, they are doing a bad job.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Here are some definitions of oil drilling terminology from oilgasglossary.com

Squeeze cementing-
A cementing repair technique involving injecting cementing under pressure to fill channels in the primary cementing treatment.

Cement squeeze-
A remedial cementing operation designed to force cement into leak paths in wellbore tubulars. the required squeeze pressure is achieved by carefully controlling pump pressure. squeeze cementing operations may be performed to repair poor primary cement jobs, isolate perforations or repair damaged casing or liner.

Secondary cementing-
Any cementing operation after the primary cementing operation. secondary cementing includes a plug-back job, in which a plug of cement is positioned at a specific point in the well and allowed to set. wells are plugged to shut off bottom water or to reduce the depth of the well for other reasons.

Primary cementing-
The cementing operation that takes place immediately after the casing has been run into the hole. it provides a protective sheath around the casing, segregates the producing formation, and prevents the undesirable migration of fluids.

Plug-back cementing-
A secondary-cementing operation in which a plug of cement is positioned at a specific point in the well and allowed to set.

Cementing-
1. the application of a liquid slurry of cement and water to various points inside or outside the casing.
2. to prepare and pump cement into place in a wellbore. cementing operations may be undertaken to seal the annulus after a casing string has been run, to seal a lost circulation zone, to set a [...]

Cementing head-
An accessory attached to the top of the casing to facilitate cementing of the casing. it has passages for cement slurry and retain chambers for cementing wiper plugs.

oilgasglossary.com

Bullheading-
1. forcing gas back into a formation by pumping into the annulus from the surface.

2. any pumping procedure in which fluid is pumped into the well against pressure.

3. to forcibly pump fluids into a formation, usually formation fluids that have entered the wellbore during a well control event. though bullheading is intrinsically risky, it is performed if the formation fluids are suspected to contain hydrogen sulfide gas to prevent the toxic gas from reaching the surface. bullheading is also performed if normal circulation cannot occur, such as after a borehole collapse. the primary risk in bullheading is that the drilling crew has no control over where the fluid goes and the fluid being pumped downhole usually enters the weakest formation. in addition, if only shallow casing is cemented in the well, the bullheading operation can cause wellbore fluids to broach around the casing shoe and reach the surface. this broaching to the surface has the effect of fluidizing and destabilizing the soil (or the subsea floor), and can lead to the formation of a crater and loss of equipment and life.

oilgasglossary.com

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

No they're officially acknowledging it now:

Whitehouse admits leak

BP's Oil Well leaking from the top - MSNBC

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yeah, apparently the Feds are taking over theBP Oil Spill website.

Also, the well cap is leaking. I think they are going to take it off.
Looking for links now

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Wow, you beat me to it On the felt.

US to take control of website...
www.nola.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Whats to say the cap wasnt put on in the first place to cause more damage to the seafloor?
Given the fact they would have been well aware of the consequences?

[edit on 19-7-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Seepage is 3 km from well: WHouse

www.montrealgazette.com

WASHINGTON - The seepage feared to be linked to BP's crucial well test in the Gulf of Mexico is three kilometers (1.9 miles) away from the actual wellhead, the White House said Monday.

The U.S. government earlier authorized BP to keep the busted well shut in for another 24 hours despite the mysterious seepage and other anomalies that could indicate the wellbore below the seabed is damaged and leaking.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Oil spewing from crack in seafloor of Gulf of Mexico was fifty feet from Deepwater Horizon well

ROV detects leaks in Deepwater Horizon well cap

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It seems like the ROV feeds are not working. I am only getting five of them to come in, and only three of them are really showing anything, and of those three, nothing that is important.

More BP, MSM and FED BS.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
And the HOS SUPER H ROV 1 feed has been killed. Most all other feeds have been too. Now down to no feeds showing anything useful.

EDIT: HOS SUPER H ROV 1 is back up.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
My brain's gonna explode! So much info flying around now and what I dreaded would happen, has happened. Seepage and gas bubbles. Disturbing images of the 'guk' congealing on the well but, sadly, evidence that's hard to argue with. There are A LOT of swear words I want to use right now!

[edit on 19-7-2010 by 5senses]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well, at least now we know SOMETHING is happening... we just can't see it

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Thad Allen press conference on CNN in a few minutes..

tune in now.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Awesome heads up berkleygal! Good job. Also on Sky news here in the UK right now

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Funny again how all the feeds come back online the second the Press conference started...what a joke.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

And all pre-recorded I'm willing to bet as well, just to make sure nothing goes wrong...

Though Skandi ROV 2 is looking very interesting right now. Is it following cracks?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by asianeko

And all pre-recorded I'm willing to bet as well, just to make sure nothing goes wrong...

Though Skandi ROV 2 is looking very interesting right now. Is it following cracks?

Well i would agree, but the data on the ROV screens (time, date, etc) are all part of the ROV. They are not added by the people operating them, so I cannot say the ROVs are faking the video.

Skandi 2 is following a wire or rope not far from the well. They are mostly used for the ROVs to find baskets and their ways around.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarification. I've only been watching the cameras for a few days so I'm no expert.

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join