It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch
... saw a large bubble erupt below it and travel up in front of the camera - This wasn't a brown cloudy eruption, but a clear transparent big bubble which acted the same as when air is released underwater, a big burst of bubble breaking into smaller ones. Did anyone else see it?

I don't know how methane escaping would appear, but this definately wasn't oil?

It takes 50 years for methane to oxidize into H20 and CO2; therefore, the vast majority of the gas will surface and enter the atmosphere.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Is it just me or has the quality of the feeds deteriorated over the past day or so ?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Oil (Not sediment, ROV splash or granddad on his pipe):

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Thanks for that! I got one earlier but it is not nearly as good of a view as yours. This is disappointing though...that is definitely oil. Maybe that pipes wore down the drum? If not the cap will probably have to come off for them to fix this if they can.

What is all that brown stuff looking like its 'growing' on the drum. Is that oil just collecting onto the drum?

[edit on 19-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
Is it just me or has the quality of the feeds deteriorated over the past day or so ?

I think worse...both in quality and events happening. In terms of the people driving them: They must be drunk. Lights off, passing up seeping oil and not investigating, setting ROVs right on top of them...I mean the idiot list goes on. Do these people even think?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
right, video taken 2 minutes ago, notice how the brown 'thing' is growing. This is the same as they were removing the other day with Anti-freeze - Methane Hydrate (Ice)

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
US fears Gulf seabed oil seepage near stricken BP well

The US fears oil may be seeping from the ocean floor near the stricken Gulf of Mexico oil well.
The official in charge of the clean-up, Thad Allen, said if a substance leaking from the seabed was found to be methane this might mean oil was also leaking.
He ordered BP to submit a plan to reopen the capped well if the seepage was confirmed, so that oil could be funnelled to the surface.
But BP says it would take three days to start this process.
During this time, the daily leakage of tens of thousands of barrels of oil, which had been capped last Thursday, could resume.
The well began leaking oil into the Gulf after BP's Deepwater Horizon oil rig exploded on 20 April, killing 11 workers, and capsized two days later.
BP had hoped the cap could stay in place until relief wells stopped the leak for good
But with pressure readings from within the well lower than expected, scientists had raised concerns that oil could be leaking into the surrounding undersea bedrock.

Full article.www.bbc.co.uk...

I saw this on news this morning.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

way to isolate a quote and take it completely out of context.

secondline

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
What is heartbreaking this morning is watching Skandi 1 in the large size. Just sit and watch it for a while. I have never seen the currents run this way since this whole thing started. Almost like there is a fan out there blowing everything in one direction. Also, there is a lot of dispersant floating around. There is a leak somewhere that we aren't being shown that they are spraying. Also, why are they not showing the top of the new capping stack and cap? What are they hiding?

Watch the Skandi 1 feed for a while (half hour or so should be enough) and count the number of dead shrimp, fish, crabs and other sea life that float by. Truly heartbreaking.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
right, video taken 2 minutes ago, notice how the brown 'thing' is growing. This is the same as they were removing the other day with Anti-freeze - Methane Hydrate (Ice)

if that well is freezing inside which it might be. we could have a very bad blowout of that well casing... ?

Edit. - what about the pressure rising very slowly could that be an indicator of ice>?

[edit on 19-7-2010 by -W1LL]

[edit on 19-7-2010 by -W1LL]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hey guys here's a NEW report coming from BBC News Update is a report from Federal on Scene Cor0Ordinator Coast Guard Admiral Paul Zukunft...He's saying that there has been NO leak from the well since it was capped 4 days ago.

Check it out BBC news...

Ektar

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
i get such a weird feeling when i read a post with the words this is not good or
icons i mean i gues i too am guilty but it just seems like when as a child you would think you found buried treasure only to learn its your neighbors old pottery.

sometimes what was developing news dies on the vine but cannot be let go of and then the doomsayers chime in .

in BPS case i do beleive we will find there to be many further conspiracys however i notice a lotta people just nervous nervous fabrications i dunno geuss i just get cheesed out by some lame o posts .LIKE MINE HERE!!

but hada say something people sometimes mud gets stirred! people cry leak..???just makes us all seem trivial....

I THINK OR MAYBE IM JUST A JERK
lol

Be Well

and yes i do think there is another leak probably more then one and its proly a more dier situation but proof i have none nore have i really seen any... there are cracks all over the gulf lots of leaks but they are not connected to this spill but hey there might be one

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Can't view your link - was he just referring to the top of the well that was capped?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I was so nervous last nite I was bordering on the doomsday thing, I suppose we all need to get control of our emotional selves. But hey that well head in the vid is leaking oil - saw it my own 2 eyes

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Paul Zukunft says there has been no fresh oil release into the gulf since the stacking cap was shut off almost 4 days ago....

From BBC News

Ektar

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
Paul Zukunft says there has been no fresh oil release into the gulf since the stacking cap was shut off almost 4 days ago....

From BBC News

Ektar

Man what a relief, if Paul Zukunft says it then it must be true.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt

Originally posted by Ektar

From BBC News

Ektar

Man what a relief, if Paul Zukunft says it then it must be true.

Is he on drugs? Just tell him to watch HOS SUPER H ROV 1...that's oil leaking...and that brown stuff is frozen methane or hydrocarbons growing on the side of this well/cap. Each time it builds up, the well becomes unbalanced..I mean look at that stuff...it grows and grows and grows...and the pipe is leaking...period. There is NO one that can sit here and tell us otherwise. The live feed for the past hours is undeniable PROOF that this thing is leaking.

Hydrocarbons:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

i do hate bp very very much but its my understanding that most oil rigs leak large amounts of oil for there entire life span until top filled or sealed this cap is vented not like the original but i am sure that this is a drop if we remember back to just last week when the oil was gushing..

dont give up yet doomsayers we might just get the failure and devastation weve have been looking for i too beleive that this event is far from over.

however im going to wait till something new actually happens..

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I was only passing the word along...actually the article & video came from BBC News US & Canada...in case anyone wants to have a look.

GREAT Photos!! Dragonfire!!!

Ektar

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Coming from the UK, i don't listen to the BBC OR the other UK MSM, they're at the end of the day, all saying the same rhetoric, seeing as they're constantly told to by the higher ups and higher waffers. ATS is now my main source of news. Back on topic - saying that they've stopped the leak just won't wash. They're now stating that there's a 'seepage' coming from the sea bed, methane has been mentioned. I think some of the MSM sources must be coming on here to keep up to date with what's happening. Do Reuters run the show still?

Either way this is bad, and it should be made available to the public in every way possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join