It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
BOA ROV 2, I saw that as well....and right now...it does not look good...WTF is that structure blowing out it just passed?

I would not expect to see silt blowing up at 40+ft off the sea floor...

[edit on 19-7-2010 by PatientZer0]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
What am I seeing on Boa Deepsea rov 2? Looks like clouds of something. Not sure if it's dust and grit from the thrusters or if it's oil. Sorry, I don't know how to screen capture, so I can't post a pic.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
double post deleted

[edit on 19-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Can anyone ready the PSI gauges on Skandi 2? Cannot make out the numbers of where the arrow is at.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatientZer0
BOA ROV 2, I saw that as well....and right now...it does not look good...WTF is that structure blowing out it just passed?

I would not expect to see silt blowing up at 40+ft off the sea floor...

[edit on 19-7-2010 by PatientZer0]

olympic challenger 1 has alotta bubbles coming out of the gground
and boa deep c ROV 2 is looking nasty every min or so a big cloud comes up from underneath.>..

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
the little light bar Skandi 2 just turned on read:

1.24 P-
2.39 (then 2.41) R+

No idea what it means but if someone does enlighten me

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
BP Issues press release...but nothing in it that says anything ISN'T or IS leaking/seeping...All in all a pretty useless press release but I will link you to it anyways: Update on Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill - 19 July

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Here is the article I wrote regarding the Viking Poseidon ROV that discovered the oil seeping from the sea floor on June 13:

Oil spewing from crack in seafloor of Gulf of Mexico was fifty feet from Deepwater Horizon well

BP did reply, but not how I wanted them to...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hi, I'm in the UK and have watched hours of footage on this, and about 7pm GMT last night, I was watching one of the Oly ROV's and saw a large bubble erupt below it and travel up in front of the camera - This wasn't a brown cloudy eruption, but a clear transparent big bubble which acted the same as when air is released underwater, a big burst of bubble breaking into smaller ones. Did anyone else see it?

I don't know how methane escaping would appear, but this definately wasn't oil?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Skandi ROV2 is inspecting the BOP and oil droplets are clearly being seen seeping out and upward to a congealed lump on its side. It's 8.32am GMT in the UK

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

First of all let me state I am in southern Louisiana and not in some state far away from this disaster

I was responding to your
post screaming that it was bad down there-really bad down there

are there any gulf state oilfield workers on here upset with what they are
From what I know it is not unusual for there to be oil seepage and bubbles coming up from the seabed floor

the oil industry is not backing bp
they are upset with the bad safety practices they were using and local offshore workers working for other companies are not afraid to speak up if things are bad
having said that I have not heard of anyone evacuating the region so I would surmise things are not that bad
people have not quit their offshore jobs and moved their families inland

it appears to me that many people here are really want to see something else disasterous happen-perhaps you do not

[edit on 19-7-2010 by LAinhabitant]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch
Skandi ROV2 is inspecting the BOP and oil droplets are clearly being seen seeping out and upward to a congealed lump on its side. It's 8.32am GMT in the UK

I see it too...and that's about 6 different places total now...this is not good at all...Those were a lot of bubbles too. Skandi 2 is off doing something else. they brought in HOS Super H ROV 1. Likely because it has better imaging.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Appears as if its leaking from the silver coloured small piping that goes round the BOP? Not sure what that pipe is?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch

Appears as if its leaking from the silver coloured small piping that goes round the BOP? Not sure what that pipe is?

Not a clue either. One looks like clear bubbles and the other looks like oil. Seems, from my view, that the bubbles are coming from the joint of that pipe and possibly oil from behind the pipe. So its possible that pipe scraped against the well for so long that a small hole may have formed...I hope not though. I see at least three spots from that pipe, or behind it, where its leaking from...

Cheap video I got of it

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This is a bit off topic but there are 7 threads on the oil leakage and possible methane leak on the front page of ATS right now. From what I have read I don't feel BP will keep the feeds on anything significant right now (maybe not, I hope). They have even stated that if they have to remove the cap they will no longer take part in controlling the spill. Since we are viewing smoke on the feeds it just might be what BP wants us to see and nothing more - a smoke screen.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
If we want recordings of all feeds, the best way to do it is.

Download Realplayer free version. If you install it, when you go over a video like the live feeds, a box will pop up with download this video. If you click on it, it will start downloading the video to your video folder.

It seems you can only download 1 feed at a time from the BP site.

I have a bunch of raw footage from today to go through tommorow from the skandi feeds.

Realplayer has been giving me problems with the update to firefox 3.6. Don't know if it's me or what, but I reinstalled realplayer, and it started working again.

I'm calling it a night, but if you guys want hard copies of the feeds, choose 1 and start recording. After you get about 20 minutes of footage shut er down, and then start a new recording. I had crash problems not long after 20 minutes and lost some footage.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yeah I saw...but There are over a dozen, maybe more, threads about BP...I am sticking to this one because it has the most replies and is most relevant to the ROVs than the others, though we do discuss almost all angles of the situation in this thread. I cannot keep up with that many threads, people and replies...not while trying to watch 15 feeds too

Also: BP doesn't have a choice. They HAVE to clean this up. If they don't, or refuse to do so, then they know they will go to jail (amongst other things). So I just think they are doing what they do best, and have been doing best: Talking out their as*es.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
What is this stuff that appears to just be growing on the well? I have not seen this until tonight. Caught at 4:38am July 19, 2010

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAinhabitant

From what I know it is not unusual for there to be oil seepage and bubbles coming up from the seabed floor

It's not, but this is an unusual situation. What you and others who call "natural!" fail to acknowledge is that this is not a natural event. The sea floor does not naturally get blown up by an oil rig failure. This is unnatural trauma to the sea floor, so why is it that it's automatically natural for there to be leaking oil and gas, suddenly forming and growing cracks that also leak oil and gas and explosive plumes that find those elusive cameras.

Let me ask you this. If I went down to the sea floor and detonated a bomb that caused a hole to form that was spewing oil, would you call that natural as well just because there are natural sites in the Gulf? That's flawed logic. We've been watching these ROV's for days and we all know the difference between oil in the water (we've had plenty of time to get used to it) and silt kick-up from ROV's. We know what we're seeing and now the truth is starting to come out.

The unnaturalness of this entire disaster is completely ignored by some people. The well is not natural and neither is a huge blowout under the sea floor as a result of that well.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Don't know for sure but I think it looks like a glob of thick oil.

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join