It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
BTW...that was a pretty useless press conference. We already confirmed that there is seepage at least 50 feet from the well and now 3km? And there are more than 3 leaks or 4. there are hydrocarbons all over the well and cap now.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Here is the growth of the hydrocarbons. the first image was taken hours ago the second was taken a minute ago. Notice the amount of accumulated growth...wow:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
More bubbles on Olympic Challenger UHD 30. these were pretty big ones too.

and all the feeds are dying again.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Wow...good monitoring of the seafloor BP...staring at the same spot for HOURS (Olympic Challenger UHD 31 and 32). Whoever operates these things needs to be replaced. They obviously cannot do what they were told to do.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by smash_the_system
Coming from the UK, i don't listen to the BBC OR the other UK MSM, they're at the end of the day, all saying the same rhetoric, seeing as they're constantly told to by the higher ups and higher waffers. ATS is now my main source of news. Back on topic - saying that they've stopped the leak just won't wash. They're now stating that there's a 'seepage' coming from the sea bed, methane has been mentioned. I think some of the MSM sources must be coming on here to keep up to date with what's happening. Do Reuters run the show still?

Either way this is bad, and it should be made available to the public in every way possible.

I write for Wikinews.org, a sister project of Wikipedia. I have been writing there for quite a few years. I have published a lot of articles that I should be famous for (well I was in every major newspaper in the US). I have been watching these ROV cams like a hawk. I don't believe MSM is watching them anymore or if they are, they don't care. So i wrote 2 news pieces about this in the past 2 days. These are regarding discoveries made by the ROVs:

ROV detects leaks in Deepwater Horizon well cap
Oil spewing from crack in seafloor of Gulf of Mexico was fifty feet from Deepwater Horizon well

I was lucky enough to get a response from BP regarding the June 13 seep found by the Viking Poseidon 2. The second the pipe on HOS SUPER H 2 started to leak I also contacted them, but have yet to get a response (I am not surprised either). So far there is very little to no MSM coverage of this leak. So I urge you to read those article for an in depth analysis and OPINION free reading. Since MSM doesn't care what the ROVs see anymore, I guess it's up to us to get the news out there.

Wow. Good on ya.

Are the responses from BP in the links?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by asianeko
reply to post by DragonFire1024

And all pre-recorded I'm willing to bet as well, just to make sure nothing goes wrong...

Though Skandi ROV 2 is looking very interesting right now. Is it following cracks?

Well i would agree, but the data on the ROV screens (time, date, etc) are all part of the ROV. They are not added by the people operating them, so I cannot say the ROVs are faking the video.

Skandi 2 is following a wire or rope not far from the well. They are mostly used for the ROVs to find baskets and their ways around.

yeah, the 'faked' argument doesnt hold water IMO.

I mean, we are seeing things, so if they are looping it, or faking it, they arent doing a very good job making us think everything is fine.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Wow...good monitoring of the seafloor BP...staring at the same spot for HOURS (Olympic Challenger UHD 31 and 32). Whoever operates these things needs to be replaced. They obviously cannot do what they were told to do.

What makes you write that?

i would think they are being TOLD to sit there and look at nothing.

It seems silly to blame the operators.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Thanks for starting this thread. Great amounts of information about the current oil spill.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
One the HOS SUPER H 1, It appears the oil/gas is leaking directly from the well/cap itself. If you watch the feed at the area I circled, you can see the bubbles come from the well cap itself instead of the pipe:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Yes. BP replied to both stories. You can see them in the links

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

What makes you write that?

i would think they are being TOLD to sit there and look at nothing.

It seems silly to blame the operators.

Hmmm good observation. Not sure why I didn't think about that. It does make sense though.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Video of bubbles leaking directly from the cap/flange. It appears the oil bubbles to the left of the black hole, are leaking from the flange piece itself. I would say there might be a crack or even corrosion to the flange/cap.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Video of bubbles leaking directly from the cap/flange. It appears the oil bubbles to the left of the black hole, are leaking from the flange piece itself. I would say there might be a crack or even corrosion to the flange/cap.

Notice the wicking effect. This is still the seal.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
does anyone know what the oly 1 rov is looking at here?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Added note. Justadood and I have said many times, the "seabed" leaks can't be ruled out as being part of the normal ecosystem of the gulf. Oil and Methane explode, sometimes violently, in all parts of the gulf, and in fact throughout the world.

This is BP's explanation to the government. Not condoning this as the gospel according to BP, just stating facts.

We all know and realize that the well itself isn't intact. But it is breached so far down that the odds of the pressure showing up at the surface, this early in the disaster, are so remote that I can't even contemplate the odds.

I just want this damned hole breached at the bottom, and killed.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
BP considering "Static Kill" measure to seal well.....

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
www.nytimes.com...

I hope they try this.. it seems less risky than the relief well and seems like it has a good chance of working. I fear they'll mess up with the relief well.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
All feeds down for me right now, anyone else?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
All feeds down for me right now, anyone else?

They are working for me.. try refreshing the browser.

Just tried with this page:
morpheastruth.webs.com...

Edit: But no activity.. all just sitting there doing nothing. I guess they don't want us to see the seafloor surveys.. probably using offline ROVs.. or they just don't care anymore.

[edit on 7/19/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64

www.nytimes.com...

Fabulous, about damned time!!!!

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join