It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
[edit on 19-7-2010 by Ektar]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Thanks - got it from your link - but as you said just sitting there.

I have been using Reality Check - its been a mess lately - use to work good

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm sorry all...I can't link feeds to things that aren't broadcasting...

If after refreshing the page once or twice and some feeds are empty I'm not sure what to say...maybe I'm under attack or BP has taken some ROV's off line to be Maintained?

Either way I don't have much control...I'm just a link in the chain...

Try this link to verify which is broadcasting and which isn't?

data.plan9.de...

[edit on 7/19/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I have a few links you can try.. check out the links under "Live BP ROV Feeds"
morpheastruth.webs.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
About 1:12 PM EST, I looked at it and there was brown stuff leaking from the side of it, I'm sure it's oil.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow3467
About 1:12 PM EST, I looked at it and there was brown stuff leaking from the side of it, I'm sure it's oil.

I have been seeing the same thing.
could it be from freezing inside the well expanding the pipe and cap AT the seems?

it also looks as if the leaks are getting bigger and faster.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by -W1LL]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I just saw this huge ploom come up from the seafloor the camera paned away before I got a shot of the floor but this pic shows just after the ROV panned up it was looking almost straight down....

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Methane Hydrate build-up on Well head BOP:

1205GMT 20/07/2010

[edit on 20-7-2010 by StarTraveller]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
and else where:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Skandi ROV 2 right now!!

Found a leak on the BOP.

Tiny hydrocarbon bubbles about 1 a second.

1 bubble at a time.

The BOP aint secure.

You can also see the build up of oil where the bubbles hit the bop, and accumulate.

Damn.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
WOW Star Traveler Good on you!! Great footage, makes me kinda think they really don't want to take the cap off...afraid & don't know what to expect.

I've been wondering since they capped why they can't run a line down from the ship, connect, & then slowly release the pressure & oil? I don't understand why it would have to be a 3 day blow.

Ektar

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
They have to check pressures before they can bleed the oil off plus I am still convinced that the pressures are way too high to syphon any off until the relief wells are operational if ever that puppy works.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The relief wells are not for pumping out anything - they are only being drilled to kill the well by pumping in heavy mud.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

They were being drilled originally to ease the pressure in the main bore so they could tap off the BOP and get the oil, least that's how I understand it

Only now have they decided to use them as a way of blocking the well.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by matadoor001

I understand that...but watch again. The bubbles expand and float away on the flange assembly, not at the seal. I watched it many times over and still saw no bubbles coming from the pipe. I noticed it later on too at another part but didn't get anything.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Ok lets do a run down...Relief wells: 2. Now this "static kill". And the cap...If the cap was/is working so well, why the relief wells? And now the static kill? If everything is going as perfectly as they say it is then why are they still coming up with new methods to allegedly try to stop the well for good?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Thank you for that. That looks to me like the leaks are coming directly from the flange assembly itself, as opposed to that pipe or the seal. Also...if there is hydrocarbons elsewhere on this thing, wouldn't that indicate other leaks...like in this picture from yesterday?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by shadow3467

I got a video of the same thing. I was almost positive it was leaking from the assembly itself as opposed to the pipe or the seal.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Definitely some seepage happening on Olympic Challenger UHD 30. he quality is poor but if you watch enough, you will see black blobs of oil and white/clear bubbles come up from the floor. And why does it always seem like these ROVs sit right on top of these seeps/eruptions. Almost so they can have the cameras just out of view of what is really happening.

EDIT: I feel like I am the only one watching the feeds now

[edit on 20-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This thing is looking like it's ready to blow at any time lol

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join