It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow3467
This thing is looking like it's ready to blow at any time lol

HOS Super H ROV 1 is showing the 'original' bubbles we picked up on yesterday morning...at times there are A LOT. Sometimes it really spits out a lot of bubbles. It really is disturbing. NOTE: Anywhere there are hydrocarbons building up, there is a leak nearby.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Something tells me that the cap can't handle the pressure.... It's like they are trying to cap a volcano... you just don't/can't do that

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just got a video uploaded of the increasing bubbles. They are more numerous at times and larger in size:

[edit on 20-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I can only imagine how much of that crap is building up inside the well casing?

the little dribble leak is getting much bigger from when I was watching it early this morning.

thanks for the update

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
I feel like I am the only one watching the feeds now

I'm sure there are several of us still watching them. It's just that some folks (like you!
) are much more articulate about reporting what you are observing. Others (like me) are doing well to simply try to understand what we're seeing and feel like we just don't have the ability to offer much to the conversation.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who relies a lot on your observations, vids and screen shots to help me understand what's going on, what might happen and the overall enormity of the situation (though my personal belief is that we don't yet know just HOW enormous is the enormity of this situation).

Please accept my belated thanks and appreciation for what you're doing ... and please don't stop doing it!

Hoping that i'm not off-topic for this thread, but what are your feelings on what Matt Simmons is warning us about? I just found those threads and haven't noticed you posting there yet (though i've not had time to go through them entirely)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Your not the only one Dragon. I have been watching but also working lol. Posted some vids earlier as things were changing and will continue with the updates with anything that develops

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Can anyone confirm that there are white stringy globs floating up out of the sea floor craters* and fissures*? I have a slow connection and can't get more than a few frames of movement at a time, but it appears that I can see these things rising out of the vents*. These white things look about the same as most of the ones floating around in the currents. If they come out of the vents, they would not be debris or dispersant. They don't appear to be any living creature either. I just saw them on UHD30, but you will see them on just about every sea floor video feed. I think it's important that they be identified.

Fairly sure the whitish crusty formations (also on UHD 30 right now) at the vents is methane "ice". In one feed with the lighting just right they had a bluish glow and I could see them actually forming. I remember seeing pictures on the internet that show natural methane ice is a translucent bluish white. The only reason I know of for the difference in colortation here versus the ones forming at the leaks on the equipment is those brown ones must be contaminated with crude.

*In my terminology, craters are nearly round and usually a bit higher in the center and with a raised rim. Fissures are linear cracks. Vents is more of a a generic term. There is another style of sea vent that is typical in limestone bottom and it is variable in shape, deepest at the center and often has an overhanging rim, sometimes a rim for each layer. Most of the linear fissures look new to me. Hard to tell for some of the others.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Skandi ROV 2 Has alot of action going on right now...During earlier action this morning, as always they shut camera off.

Ektar

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just a heads up.. Boa Deep C - ROV 2 is doing floor/junk surveys..

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I got a screen shot of Skandi 2 earlier. Sorry I thought I posted it already. I have been watching CSPAN

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
is that a big hole under skandi 2?

and are they blobs and streaks all around it oil as they look like?

seems weird nobody else is talkin about it if they are.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by niblo
is that a big hole under skandi 2?

and are they blobs and streaks all around it oil as they look like?

seems weird nobody else is talkin about it if they are.

Sorry was capturing video of this. Will post it shortly in an edit to this if no one else replies. Yes that is oil...little globs of it. The ROV is approx. 398 feet from the well. So we have definite seepage now from 50 to 400 feet from the well. I am not sure if that is a hole or shadow from ROV but Oil comes out of there too.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

It's a shadow!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch

It's a shadow!

Figured as much, but regardless those are oil globs
Here is the video I just took. The ROV is about 398 feet from the well.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
hah you can refocus your eyes to make it a shadow or a hole, think ive been watching these feeds too long lol.

Either way its pretty much a given that the rest is oil, what bit shows you the distance from the well?

And well spotted to the one who noticed that was a shadow, ive sat for about 45 mins thinkin its sitting above a mini sinkhole lol

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
People in the gulf should start watching this as well from the National Hurricane Center:

ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
200 PM EDT TUE JUL 20 2010

FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO...

1. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH A VIGOROUS TROPICAL WAVE
EXTEND FROM THE NORTHERN LEEWARD ISLANDS WESTWARD TO HISPANIOLA.
ALTHOUGH THE SYSTEM DOES NOT YET HAVE A CLOSED CIRCULATION...
SATELLITE IMAGERY SUGGESTS THAT A SURFACE LOW PRESSURE AREA IS
BECOMING BETTER DEFINED JUST NORTH OF THE EASTERN TIP OF
HISPANIOLA. ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BE FAVORABLE
FOR ADDITIONAL DEVELOPMENT AS THE SYSTEM MOVES WEST-NORTHWESTWARD
AT ABOUT 10 MPH DURING THE NEXT DAY OR SO. THERE IS A HIGH
CHANCE...60 PERCENT...OF THIS SYSTEM BECOMING A TROPICAL DEPRESSION
OR STORM DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS. REGARDLESS OF DEVELOPMENT...
LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL AND GUSTY WINDS WILL LIKELY AFFECT THE
VIRGIN ISLANDS...PUERTO RICO...THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC...HAITI...
EASTERN CUBA...THE TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS...AND THE SOUTHEASTERN
BAHAMAS DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

ELSEWHERE...TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED DURING THE
NEXT 48 HOURS.

$$
FORECASTER BROWN/CANGIALOSI
NNNN

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by niblo
hah you can refocus your eyes to make it a shadow or a hole, think ive been watching these feeds too long lol.

Either way its pretty much a given that the rest is oil, what bit shows you the distance from the well?

And well spotted to the one who noticed that was a shadow, ive sat for about 45 mins thinkin its sitting above a mini sinkhole lol

Add the E, N, coordinates to the calculator here. It gives you the ROV location in relation to the well leak point BP Gulf Oil Spill ROV UTM Distance Calculator

EDIT: sorry the ROV is **167 feet** from the well...a lot closer than I thought.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
triangular shadow yes, but it is over a hole IMO
(based on the first frame, youtube gave an error)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

With how much everything was affected in relation to the Oil spill in the Gulf, I made a new thread about all of the new information regarding the tropical outlook that is currently being reported for the Gulf. One possible tropical depression forming soon, and five more tropical waves on their way.

Here is the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
BOA DEEP C 2 also showing oil seeping from the seafloor. Little globs as well...some bubbles too.

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join