It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
here is a bummer of an update. just ugly...

[edit on 7/20/2010 by -W1LL]

Notice the color of the stuff in the bottom pic?

It's the same color as the stuff percolating from the sea floor.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

Was watching when it started. Seemed to start quite a ways from the ROV and debris was moving toward the ROV, here is a quick grab as it happened:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Not quite sure what you meant by that...
I'm just trying to post things that may help contribute
information for this thread...

Ektar

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Good capture!

After I made my post I went back and looked again and it was focused on bubbles rising up. Then back to the clouds- then through the clouds into the clear - then looking at a huge crack(?) in the floor.

Good job getting that video.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
On MAXX ROV 1 it is showing (I think) a cleaned up
view of DragonFire's previous photos... Are they wiping the stuff off the head so it doesn't look so bad?

Ektar

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
reply to post by lasertaglover

Not quite sure what you meant by that...
I'm just trying to post things that may help contribute
information for this thread...

Ektar

Not quite sure what he/she meant either. You are doing what the rest of us are...contributing to the documentation of information that might otherwise be lost.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
On MAXX ROV 1 it is showing (I think) a cleaned up
view of DragonFire's previous photos... Are they wiping the stuff off the head so it doesn't look so bad?

Ektar

They have been using the robot arms/claws to knock off the hydrocarbon buildup wherever they can reach it. Apparently this is the only spot where they can.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

And of course that feed is down now...and again. I swear those guys are just stopping the feeds...It is just too coincidental that the feeds stop right after something happens that looks like it might be bad. And its not just on the BOA ROVs either. It has happened on almost all of the ROVs except for the two always showing the bad stuff.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Ok since I am not sure about several things on Skandi 2, I did a screen shot instead of a video. Skandi 2 has actually been working today. It has been monitoring the sea floors roughly 100-200 feet or so from the well leak point. I have circled a small area of oil seeping through the seafloor. How can I tell its oil?

1) its black
2) watch the oil move as the current hits it
3) eventually when enough of it seeps, and a strong current comes along, it floats off into the water.

I only circled the one spot because its too hard to tell if the others that look like it are moving or if the picture just pixilates a little or if they are shadows from the pebbles and rocks. Below is a video I caught earlier of Skandi 2 oil seeping. Apply the same method above and you can see what I mean. Also this is great footage of what to look for in *small seeps* not from cracks necessarily.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

A guy at the oil drum was reporting seeing black stringy ropes of oil coming up from the seabed. Anyone see it?

Sorry Dragon a I can't watch your video right now to see if you have captured just that, I only have about 10 meg left on my broadband usage

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Mr20122112 utube

looks like some wreckage footage

[edit on 20-7-2010 by mr20121221]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

A guy at the oil drum was reporting seeing black stringy ropes of oil coming up from the seabed. Anyone see it?

Sorry Dragon a I can't watch your video right now to see if you have captured just that, I only have about 10 meg left on my broadband usage

Yes that is oil. The video, sad you cannot watch, is quite amazing. Its leaking in small globs, not like we've seen it come out of the well. They are also not necessarily coming from cracks either. I also calculated that the video leak was approx. 167 feet from the well leak point.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr20121221

Mr20122112 utube

looks like some wreckage footage

The wreckage is what is left of the riser piping and the Deepwater Horizon rig. They were surveying that for some reason...maybe checking for seepage around there when it slammed to the seafloor.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
there is couple more trying to link utube in here is a real pain!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr20121221
there is couple more trying to link utube in here is a real pain!

When you post a response click the box at the top that says 'YouTube Video'. Copy and paste everything after the = from the youtube link into the box that pops up. it will place the video link in your reply and that's all you have to do. Sorry for off topic, but a little bit of help won't hurt

[edit on 20-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the you-tube help!
Were able to get to the Florida Oil Spill Law Link?

Ektar

link   

Here you go.. this is the main story.. the good stuff is near the end:
www.nola.com...

This site has tons of great up to the minute news on the Gulf.. here is their Gulf home page:
www.nola.com...

Here is the Florida Oil Spill Law website:
www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

Also Alexander Higgins Blog is another great site for Gulf news:
http://(nolink)/

link   
Thanks for the you-tube help!
Were able to get to the Florida Oil Spill Law Link?

Ektar

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Question.. On your earlier post page 98 you have a video of the well head showing the bubbles coming up...many to the left of the green tubing...see how quick the flow rate is compared to nothing coming from that particular spot now...it was originally left of that dark circle spot....

Kinda makes you wonder about what Bob Bea was concerned about re the crystal build up sealing cracks doesn't it? I don't see anything coming out of there now... Is that just me?

Ektar

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

OMG the vids are too much! Can you tell me when you got the still shots, as I saw the second one last nite and it was no where this bad.

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join