It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Is anyones else seeing what im seeing on Skandi Neputune Rov 2? WTF!!! Is that??
Kindest Regards

EDIT : I thought that really looked like a massive discharge....... But again i add, I'm no expert, didnt really look like sediment to me.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by troye2407]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
yes I sore a very big gray cloud with some black in it.
very big. skandi rov 2
now the camra is looking down?

reply to post by troye2407

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Yep, I also noticed a lot of rust red color. It looked like a pretty big ejection, if we saw the same thing, then the camera panned down once everything settled. Back to the hole/shadow thing. I reckon if we keep watching it may happen again.

EDIT: The camera moved off the floor and yes sediment did stir up, but then the camera did a 360 and seemed to be in the middle of a blackish cloud that then turned to a rusty red, the camera feed then predictably failed, when it came back on the rov was back on the bottom in the same position. i have been busy last couple days and havent had much time to view. Has this happened before on this cam, anyone?

EDIT: After seeing this a few times i reckon it was in fact sediment, just of different coloration's. SOZ!!

[edit on 20-7-2010 by troye2407]

[edit on 21-7-2010 by troye2407]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
you will not believe this!
I was watching olympic uhd 30.
and the film jump't! LOL
the UV moved back 12 inches in a flash.
film jump. not a frame freeze

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ditch_007
I've noticed since the well was capped , that earthquakes above 5.0 are coming several times a day all over the world... President obama pfft

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Source www.floridaoilspilllaw.com

Two years before the Deepwater Horizon explosion, scientists from SRI International took readings on the levels of methane in the Gulf of Mexico less than 10 miles from the rig. Last year, they went back and did it again. Now, after the rig blew up and gushed oil for more than 80 days, SRI’s scientists from St. Petersburg have returned to the same area just northwest of the disaster and taken fresh readings.

They found levels of methane — a particularly potent greenhouse gas — are now 100 times higher than normal, SRI scientists said. …

In addition to the increased amount of methane, the SRI tests “did show indications that the methane was further up in the water column than we had seen it before,” said Carol Lutken of the University of Mississippi, which is part of a consortium with SRI that has been doing the tests. …

Methane may be spreading throughout the gulf just like the underwater plumes of oil found by oceanographers…

They’re to the northwest and on a slope, just over half a mile deep, while Deepwater Horizon’s well is a mile below the surface. That means that the methane in higher levels that SRI discovered during the most recent tests on June 25 and 26 has apparently been flowing upslope, Lutken said.

Ektar

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Source www.floridaoilspilllaw.com

eposits of methane gas… because they are so deep beneath the ocean, have frozen into icy crystals.

Disturbing those deposits — say, by drilling an oil well through them — can turn that solid methane into a liquid, leaving the ocean floor unstable, explained [Carol Lutken of the University of Mississippi]. …

Worse, the freed gas may explode… There have been rumors that a similar methane explosion could cause a tsunami, a concern that government officials say is unfounded. …

Generally the oil industry tries to avoid methane areas during drilling for safety reasons. But the U.S. Energy Department wants to find a way to harvest fuel from those methane deposits, Lutken said.

Ektar

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
During full moons there is additional pull and which may be also a factor involved with occurances of earthquakes

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think there is a lot more hydrocarbon build up on this thing then we are lead to believe. Each time the rover moves to a new spot on HOS SUPER H 1, I see a lot. Not a good enough shot for screen shot though. But wow...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Challenger ROV ! I hope view is due to water
disturbance & not the seabed pulsing...

Ektar

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wow...those oil bubbles are sure coming out now! they are constant and larger than before...not a good sign

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ok, I will admit complete ignorance to the engineering required at these depths and pressures. Though I do have a simple question, that I would like a scientific answer to. Why do the relief wells need to be so deep? Couldn't they just have used several smaller pipes and tapped into the well 10 twenty, or even fifty down? Would this not have at least relieved enough pressure to make the cap easier to deal with? Or would this have simply destroyed the original pipe, adding to the subsurface seepage? Just curious.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
On Enterprise 1...

Was that the original top hat they just winched to the surface?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
Challenger ROV ! I hope view is due to water
disturbance & not the seabed pulsing...

Ektar

Both of the Olympic Challenger ROVs have been staring at the same spots for at least a day if not more. They have been doing absolutely nothing. Not even their tasks as it says on the screen. Challenger 31 is just staring off into the water and the other has been staring at the same rocks for at least a day and a half. Nice to see BP doing the jobs they were ordered to do.

HOS SUPER H ROV 2 has been doing nothing since it was put in the water. The Q4000 2 also has been doing nothing, and looking at the same spot for like a week or more. Enterprise ROV 1 has been looking at the white cap for several days.

Seriously BP...if you don't want to do your job get out of the way so someone who care can do it. This is quite ridiculous.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Enterprise is not operating atm. It was BOA DEEP C 2 that you saw the cap or whatever it was. I am not sure what that was being tugged to the surface though. It might have been the original cap I don't know.

What I do know is they may be taking a lot to the surface in the coming days to prepare for the possible hurricane/depression or whatever it is that might be coming for the oil spill region. NOAA says "There is a high chance, 60 percent, of this system becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours."

[edit on 21-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by niblo

I was just watching that too and noticed the tiny little type at the bottom read "Recovering Top Hat # 3"

I'll upload the screen shot as soon as I figure out how.

(EDIT to post pic)

[edit on 21-7-2010 by OneisOne]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Interesting stuff happening on the ROV's...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1
Interesting stuff happening on the ROV's...

The only one showing anything "interesting" is the HOS SUPER H ROV 1. Otherwise you are seeing dust/sand and that's about it...all the other ROVs are doing absolutely nothing but staring off into the same spots they have been for days. A total waste of time and money if you ask me. They either need to hire different operators, or take them to the surface. No point in having them down there if they are not going to do their jobs.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

Yeah, I was just watching Skandi Neptune - ROV 2, and it keeping getting plumes going past the screen. It's weird cause the screen will pan, then get all cloudy, then pan back and everything look the same. Maybe another ROV is in the same area causing the dustup?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

It probably the original BOP, because earlier today one of the ROV's was looking over a load of mangled metal, which I assume was the old platform. Interestingly enough, I didn't spot any oil leaking there, as was once mentioned before, but I guess the wreck is spread quite far.

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join