It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

I am not sure...the pipe is still leaking though...or whatever is under/behind it. Also the camera is cutting off the other leaks that are to the right. So its not a very good angle at the moment.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
no it's still leaking all around it may get worse as dirt passes across the seals

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
On the page 98 3rd from the bottom post the video shows that leak (in between the plastic tie? & the black hole) flowing at a steady good rate...now in what is showing nothing...that's why I thought about the possible crystal build in the cracks since it's not flowing as rapidly as it was before.

Ektar

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
On the page 98 3rd from the bottom post the video shows that leak (in between the plastic tie? & the black hole) flowing at a steady good rate...now in what is showing nothing...that's why I thought about the possible crystal build in the cracks since it's not flowing as rapidly as it was before.

Ektar

Its possible, but I just think its a bad angle. The quality is not really great, so the smaller ones may not get noticed all to well.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So MSM has all but gone silent about this spill and leak etc. Even Google News, without searching anything, has nothing on the front page about this. And nothing when clicking on 'US' stories. Surprising coming from Google...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Please let me inject something here.

Of course the god damn well is leaking.

It isn't cemented around the casing.

How could it NOT be leaking around the casing?

Why does anyone cement a well to begin with?

[edit on 2010/7/20 by Aeons]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Yeah for some reason I thought there was going
to be an 11:30am briefing... so I've been trying to find
any updates any where...as you saw I couldn't find
anything until late afternoon on Florida Oil Spill Laws
info...& I was checking MSM ALL day. I was VERY surprised
how quiet the news was EVEYRWHERE!

Ektar

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Ektar, thanks for the link to the scientists' reports on the seeps. That's the smoking gun and vindication and missing piece of the puzzle we'd hoped for. Now I don't feel that I've wasted time checking them out, even though they're being downplayed now. This should be game over for BP and it should require a criminal investigation of the government's handling of the situation. But then they're all in on it, so who would hold them accountable.

Does anyone have a screen capture of the whole upper rig, from the top of the original BOP up to the cap that was closed? Or two images that overlap enough to show how it all fits together?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I've noticed since the well was capped , that earthquakes above 5.0 are coming several times a day all over the world... President obama pfft

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ttatw

You're welcome thanks for being kind as I'm new
& with so much activity going on I haven't had
a chance to figure things out yet as far as rules
& etc...

The media is SO CONFUSING! We have those post from Florida Oil Spills Law...for ex NO LEAKS in the surrounding area on surveys taken PRIOR to BP DRILLING...however we are now seeing news about a leak from an older well. I'm not sure of the distance between the 2, however I would think that if it were close enough to the Horizon & leaking that the Survey of the Seabed would have detected any interference.

Ektar

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
BP Twitter:

"The pressure is currently at 6,834 PSI and is rising at less than 1 PSI/hour. It's very much following a predicted path. - Kent Wells." -about 5 hours ago

"We don't have any evidence that we don't have integrity, which is why we are continuing with the test for another 24 hours." - Kent Wells

"Over the next couple of days I will look to put together a video to explain the static kill and well casing operations." - Kent Wells

Wasn't it 2psi per hour yesterday? Even at 1 PSI they should have been, at the time of that post, higher than the 6,834 PSI. 24 hours ago they were at 6,811 PSI. Do the math.

Oh the leaks are not examples of integrity failure? What about the seeps? I am not going further with that one or the static kill. Lunacy.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Top Kill... Static Kill.... How about Mother Nature Kill??

Well, let's hope not... Tropical Storm enroute, 60 % chance of a Tropical Depression, and we all know what come's next....

Look's like eyewall is forming, if I were BP I'd be pulling ROV's rather quickly....

www.stormpulse.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ditch_007

Interesting that you noticed that. I have been watching the quakes since the spill and have noticed that too. I have no idea why I have put the two together but, I am sure glad I am not the only one.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
So far 99% of the forecast paths take it right to the spill region...wonderful

[edit on 20-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Updates on the storm are changing quickly now. Don't like the way it looks on the projected area map at all. It will soon be time to get out of the way - ships to shore.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Updates on the storm are changing quickly now. Don't like the way it looks on the projected area map at all. It will soon be time to get out of the way - ships to shore.

Talk about bad timing...or BP might say good timing. This would mean less time of public viewing...less evidence gathering. And any damage that happens won't be seen until after the storm...if we are lucky.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I used a little program called Hoversnap - Freeware.

snapfiles.com

I was watching realitycheck when I saw the debris.

Hoversnap is kind of quirky but once you get it figured out it's really nice for a lot of uses. Press - Ctrl + PrntScr then use your mouse to enclose your capture. It will save to your specified folder.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Just a note: Skandi 2 is not too far away from where that seep was seen in the June 13 video.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
BP should be required to display the well pressure readings on camera - like the radar.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
BP should be required to display the well pressure readings on camera - like the radar.

We have been asking for that since the day they put the cap on. I think they do show from time to time. I have seen gauges on the Skandis before but not sure if it was the PSI readings we want.

new topics

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join