It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 100
133
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I found this on Florida Oil Spill Law site...

Berkley Engineering Professor (Deep Horizon Study group member)
Bob Bea is trouble about just hearing of the seeps
in seabed 3km away...because a survey taken of
the sea bed prior to drilling DID NOT show any signs
or indication of seep.

BP is also with holding a ROV video that the
Study Group requested over a month ago...

Ektar




posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Looking at Achiever 1 just now - maybe I'm going loopy but does anyone else notice an increase of bubble activity compared with earlier shots...?



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses
Looking at Achiever 1 just now - maybe I'm going loopy but does anyone else notice an increase of bubble activity compared with earlier shots...?


Link to the feeds you are watching please? And I said the same thing in a video here:




posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Another from Florida Oil Spill Law

Bill Gale a CA Engineer & Industrial Explosives Expert
(also a member of the Deepwater Horizon Study Group)
Gas hydrate crystals may be plugging any holes
in the underground portion of the well and
they could get dislodged as the pressure builds.
He is also concerned that the pressure could be rising
because the temperature could be rising in the chamber.

"The increase in temperature could be the red
herring," Gale said.

Ektar



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Definitely an increase in bubbles, haven't seen this many before.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
From the associated Press:

Published July 20, 2010
| Associated Press

Print Email Share Comments (0) Text Size

AP


WASHINGTON -- The federal government's oil spill chief said Tuesday that seepage detected two miles from BP's oil cap is coming from another well.

There are two wells within two miles of BP's blowout, one that has been abandoned and another that is not in production.

"It's actually closer to that facility than it is to the Macondo well," the one that blew out, Retired Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen said at a Tuesday afternoon briefing. "The combination of that and the fact that it's not uncommon to have seepage around these" abandoned wells is what convinced engineers that BP's well wasn't the source of the seepage, he said.

There around 27,000 abandoned wells in the Gulf, and an Associated



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
posted on 7/20/10 at 16:21


Florida Oil Spill Law
Bob Bea Berkley Engineering Professor is also
concerned about the Mysterious 2nd Pipe
that was revealed to be stuck in the blowout preventer
when BP cut the riser pipe could have been a section
of the liner material from the bottom of the well...
so an entire section of the well could be missing below.

Bob is especially concerned about the bubbles
at the base of the blowout preventer...
"BP does not appear to have installed a
casing hanger lock...which could allow liquids & gases to
come up through the casing & into sea bed...

Ektar



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Just to follow on from you Dragon, Still growing:






posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover
 


Interesting how I just posted a report from Bob Bea re
survey taken of the sea bed prior to BP drilling
nothing indicated the
presence of such a seep.

From Florida Oil Spill Law

Ektar



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


So sorry, I don't know how to link. Saw it on the BP live feed site just under an hour ago



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Crab legs anyone? lol just saw it on Olympic Challenger UHD 32




posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
reply to post by lasertaglover
 


Interesting how I just posted a report from Bob Bea re
survey taken of the sea bed prior to BP drilling
nothing indicated the
presence of such a seep.

From Florida Oil Spill Law

Ektar


can I have a link to that please?



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover

From the associated Press:

Published July 20, 2010
| Associated Press

Print Email Share Comments (0) Text Size

AP


WASHINGTON -- The federal government's oil spill chief said Tuesday that seepage detected two miles from BP's oil cap is coming from another well.

There are two wells within two miles of BP's blowout, one that has been abandoned and another that is not in production.

"It's actually closer to that facility than it is to the Macondo well," the one that blew out, Retired Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen said at a Tuesday afternoon briefing. "The combination of that and the fact that it's not uncommon to have seepage around these" abandoned wells is what convinced engineers that BP's well wasn't the source of the seepage, he said.

There around 27,000 abandoned wells in the Gulf, and an Associated


Abandonned wells shouldn't be leaking. That's some horrendous bad managment. Criminal even.

If these wells are all in the area, and they are all taping the same source and the pressures are nearly the same......

It is entirely possible that Macando well is interacting with a natural "well" and is causing it to seep.

This should be a basic principle of reservoir management. And why I can't drill my well in a way that makes your well behave badly or drops your production. Why I might need to turn off an injector in the area when I drill a well that starts flowing. Because of well interaction in the reservoir.

You can PROVE these seeps, leaks, flows and natural blow outs aren't caused by Macando.

Open it up. When the pressures drop, and if the seeps keep going at the same pace that would indicate that there is no interaction. If the seeps, leaks, or whatever other things you want to call it stop - that would indicate that the cause is Macando.

Simple.

[edit on 2010/7/20 by Aeons]



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


Hey DragonFire you come up with the best footage!

I got all of that information from a web site called

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com

Sorry I'm new & don't know how to do it properly...
hope that helped.

Ektar



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What are they showing from BOA ROV 2 now?
Looks like a junk pile..

Ektar

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Ektar]



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar
 


i believe 'junk' from what is left of the oil rig and riser pipes.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
here is a bummer of an update. just ugly...




[edit on 7/20/2010 by -W1LL]



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar
 


So nothing bad before, but now we have seepage...huh? Rrrriiigghht.



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Every time I see that photo of the head
it reminds me of Bee Hives...when they
get in a formation like a tree & you call
a Bee Keeper to come & remove them.

Ektar



posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Did anyone else just see the Boa Deep C ROV 2 travel through/over that big cloudy area?

It looked like they went 300 ft through debris.

That definitely did not look like thrusters. You could see the clouds/debris way out front as the ROV made it's way through/over that stuff.



new topics

top topics



 
133
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

log in

join