It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

You're probably right, it's all the same wreckage. Someone on another thread brought up the original platform wreckage. Has anyone seen anything like that?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I finally figured out how to get screen shots
but can't figure how how to upload them here...

Ektar

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar

I finally figured out how to get screen shots
but can't figure how how to upload them here...

Ektar

At the very top of the screen you see 'NEW! Video & Media". Click on that, sign in with your ATS account and you can create an album and click "personal upload" just under the banner. Sorry for off topic but helping is good

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by 1curious1

Yeah, I was just watching Skandi Neptune - ROV 2, and it keeping getting plumes going past the screen. It's weird cause the screen will pan, then get all cloudy, then pan back and everything look the same. Maybe another ROV is in the same area causing the dustup?

What you see is all dust/sand/sediment stirred up by the ROVs bottom propeller. One of the propellers is under the ROV. It pans away, presumably to get a better shot as thew sediment settles, then pans back once the ROV settles on the seafloor again.

Not sure why sometimes the sediment is a rust/brown color or black. Perhaps if any oil is seeping up there, the propeller knocks it all off the seafloor. So the shots it does get ultimately show nothing. If the rust/brown colored stuff is oil, it might be there due to the dispersant they used underwater. Since the propeller moves everything off the seafloor before the ROV settles onto the seafloor, it is impossible to tell what, if anything, is seeping out from it. Here is a video on what to look for to spot oil seeps. NOTE: Video best viewed when the pages with ALL live feeds is closed.

Watch the strings of oil move in the current. As it seeps up the current will lift the strings off the seafloor and they will drift away once enough oil seeps up. So far, in recent days, this is the only seepage I have seen. This was shot approximately 167 feet from the well leak point.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

some of the wreckage lying around, in one shot you can barley make out the platform in the back ground

[edit on 21-7-2010 by mr20121221]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There are a lot more leaks than we are being told. This image proves it. The hydrocarbon build up seen below is no where near the flange assembly where they have "metal to metal" connections. This buildup is literally feet from the well cap itself.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Yeah and I've just watched the Skandi ROV 2 descend from the top of the bop down to where the big yellow piping is, and on the way down you could see stacks of methane (I assume its methane) bubbles coming up from the base of the BOP, and as it reached the yellow piping the water around the BOP turned into a distinctive residue filled composition - like if you mixed something like sun cream in it, or diesel. In other words it was clear, but quivery.

Did anyone else see the ROV descend?

[edit on 21-7-2010 by ckitch]

[edit on 21-7-2010 by ckitch]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

They just turned off all the cameras showing any trace of the well head... only the sonar cams remain... that are hundreds of yards from the well.... interesting...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
and now even those cameras are off.... WTF is going on?...I thought they had to keep them on by order of the Gov.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
only been stopping by the last few hours but most cams are on at reality check?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by niblo
only been stopping by the last few hours but most cams are on at reality check?

That's the one I have been watching. I don't know of the other links. reality check has been the best so far. realitycheck.no-ip.info... And it's just as well they shut them off sometimes. 90% of the time its not like they are doing anything...of course don't tell BP that.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I know. I cant decide who hangs around doin FA the most between the rov operators and the clean up crews from the very little weve got in the way of vid footage.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
OH WOW! My god they ACTUALLY moved the Olympic Challengers around! Are they actually going to do their jobs now? Surveying the seafloor as we speak.

EDIT: never mind...and Skandi 2 is dead again. Go figure.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
From AP:

BP plugs relief tunnel as storms threaten Gulf

BP has temporarily corked a relief tunnel deep beneath the sea floor as tropical rainstorms move toward the Gulf of Mexico.

The tunnel will be used to blast mud and cement into BP's leaky well, hopefully sealing it off for good.

But the threat of a tropical storm has prompted the oil giant to shut off the tunnel to keep it from being damaged.

BP vice president Kent Wells says the relief well was plugged Wednesday morning and drilling was halted.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
OH WOW! My god they ACTUALLY moved the Olympic Challengers around! Are they actually going to do their jobs now? Surveying the seafloor as we speak.

EDIT: never mind...and Skandi 2 is dead again. Go figure.

Uggggggh.....I am so frustrated! I watch as much as possible, but you have been my main source of updates LOL! I have been reading your posts daily, and you have been doing a commendable job keeping everyone informed....keep up the good work!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
So BP destroyed not only the ecosystem on the shores and what not, they also seem to not care about the underwater life either. HOS SUPER H 1 just showed what looks to be a shark caught in some chains. Caught July 21, 2010 5:50pm EDT.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Have any of you heard on the MSM, or even here in the hundreds of BP threads, about what the actual plan is regarding the underwater oil plumes?

IMO, a lot of people would like to know:

1) How many oil plumes are there?
2) How tall and wide is each plume?
3) What is the depth of each plume?
4) How are they (FED,BP) going to get rid of it?
5) What are the short, and long term effects of these plumes on the ecosystem?
6) Where is each plume located?
7) If any of the oil plumes have entered the Gulf Stream, what happens to them? Reduce in size? Surface?

and probably dozens of more questions that should be asked, and more importantly, revealed.

With how little oil actually has reached the surface, shouldn't everyone be going nuts over where the rest of it is, and what it is doing?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Another question is the methane plumes, I can't recall where I read about it but I'll try to find it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I wonder how they did that? As what they used, location & etc...And if that were a possibility to stop flow why didn't they do it before now?

Forgot to mention earlier that those bubbles you've been capturing on the BOP have gotten larger & increasing in flow rate. If that corked it this morning why are we still seeing all these leaks? I NO the seabed leaks did not stop...the screen shots I took were this afternoon.

Sorry to be off topic...was finally able to U2U if you can please check.

Ektar

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Most of those questions cannot be answered. BP says there are no plumes...so assuming there are we don't know where they are, or how far from the Deepwater they are or how big they are etc...The slick may have even entered the first phase of the Gulf Stream. as seen by NASA. This was on April 29, so unless they cleaned up all that oil already, then it appears the oil has already long found its way out. Now if they were using a dispersant and it settled, then it may already have entered the Gulf Stream:

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join