It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
"They’re to the northwest and on a slope, just over half a mile deep, while Deepwater Horizon’s well is a mile below the surface. That means that the methane in higher levels that SRI discovered during the most recent tests on June 25 and 26 has apparently been flowing upslope, Lutken said."

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I remember seeing some pics as well, some time ago.

It is so sickening, just absolutely sickening that we have just no way of knowing anything about these plumes.

I appreciate you looking for them.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just posted this, bu was on the last page. For new peoples: April 29 2010...Oil may already be in the gulf stream. If dispersant was used, then this stuff is well below the surface traveling with the current:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Wow. Thank you for sharing that article, even though reading it made me sick to stomach. Methane levels at higher depths in the Gulf spook the beejeebees out of me.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What do you think about this...Intervention ROV 2 Camera tech or whoever he is removed a cap from camera...flashed a peace sign in front of the camera...fiddled around & replaced cap which is now green screen...

Ektar

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Yeah, that's the pic I was thinking of. Thanks for reposting it.

Why can't the US Navy use its own subs and sonar devices to detect these plumes?

Or why won't they?

[edit on 21-7-2010 by lasertaglover]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
What do you think about this...Intervention ROV 2 Camera tech or whoever he is removed a cap from camera...flashed a peace sign in front of the camera...fiddled around & replaced cap which is now green screen...

Ektar

I don't know if you saw that, or a brief network screen as I had to do a restart of my PC. But I would not be surprised either way. I am more concerned about the fact that the cams are never in focus, film the same spot for hours or days, or moving too much. Either these people are morons or drunk. Words cannot describe how angry I am. I wish I could seriously tell them off.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Maybe they are...I don't know. Why doesn't any private firms do it? Or National Geographic or something? Those are good question...to which I don't know if there are answers.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Oh this is what they think is more important to watch than the seafloor, or the well/cap: the ass end of an ROV.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Could do with Bob Ballard there tbh cos these muppets don't have a damn clue..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4300ff6c9025.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 21-7-2010 by StarTraveller]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Skandi 2 showing action...what I don't know. ROV is stationary and not moving...so propeller is not on...Also something going on with the Olympic Challenger UHD 30 and I am pretty sure it's oil. Will upload video and post with edit. If another reply before I get there, will do a new post. Video is not as impressive. Should have had screen at 100% instead of 200%.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
God only knows what that is, looks more like dispersant than anything else

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hmmm this one is a puzzler on Skandi 2. Where did the rope go? Why is half the screen a green color? Are we being shown fake footage or is BP giving us some kind of split screen effect? Is the rope buried in the dirt/sand?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
Have any of you heard on the MSM, or even here in the hundreds of BP threads, about what the actual plan is regarding the underwater oil plumes?

IMO, a lot of people would like to know:

1) How many oil plumes are there?
2) How tall and wide is each plume?
3) What is the depth of each plume?
4) How are they (FED,BP) going to get rid of it?
5) What are the short, and long term effects of these plumes on the ecosystem?
6) Where is each plume located?
7) If any of the oil plumes have entered the Gulf Stream, what happens to them? Reduce in size? Surface?

and probably dozens of more questions that should be asked, and more importantly, revealed.

With how little oil actually has reached the surface, shouldn't everyone be going nuts over where the rest of it is, and what it is doing?

Some of the concerns you've voiced are addressed at least a little bit in this article that interviews a Texas Tech Univ scientist who has been down there: lubbockonline.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
what is up with Olympic challenger 30 and skandi 2

they had some nasty stuff blowing by for a while looks like it comes in waves now its clear.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I did capture this couple weeks ago the ROV is checking something near the site and you can see plumes on the floor it's only a small part of the footage looking at some equiptment which I'll I add to utube and link back to here

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
what is up with Olympic challenger 30 and skandi 2

they had some nasty stuff blowing by for a while looks like it comes in waves now its clear.

The stuff is Skandi 2's propeller blowing up stuff from the seafloor...why its brown I don't know. If I had to guess i would say its oil sitting on the seafloor...most likely there because of dispersant or very small seeping...probably the dispersant.

As for Olympic Challenger UHD: 31 I have no idea...I have not seen any ROVs near it so I am not sure...might be its propeller or could be dispersant. It might be oil as I posted the video a bit earlier. As for UHD 32, its just poorly focused. I think they are driving these thing while intoxicated.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mr20121221

What you are seeing is probably the dust/sand from the ropes that are on the seafloor. They use them to find their ways around and to do so they hold onto it. So its probably from when it picks the rope up off the seafloor and the sand/dust comes with it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Question please,

I am reading about the possibility of oil leaking into bedrock and that it would seriously make matters worse, can anyone tell me what will happen if this is the case?

Edit for sleep typing,

[edit on 21-7-2010 by antar]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by Ektar

Ektar

I don't know if you saw that, or a brief network screen as I had to do a restart of my PC. But I would not be surprised either way. I am more concerned about the fact that the cams are never in focus, film the same spot for hours or days, or moving too much. Either these people are morons or drunk. Words cannot describe how angry I am. I wish I could seriously tell them off.

again with that?

morons or drunk i dont think are the cause.

i suspect they're just doing their job/what theyre told

it would be cool to operate on yourself, tho, ill give you that.

new topics

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join