It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Do Not Exist!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

Originally posted by bigdaddy7ftr

My first sighting was in March 1997, knows as the infamous "Phoenix Lights" here in Arizona, as I watched a gigantic triangular shaped craft with a wingspan of approximately a mile, fly over my head completely silently and without arising any fear within me as I watched it.

I saw the same thing in Florida in 93. The size and the silence of the craft were awesome. I also had no fear, as the event passed without any feeling one way or another. Perhaps this was because I was alone when I saw it. But I knew that I had just witnessed something otherworldly, and that I would never be able to forget it.

I do not know if this spacecraft came from light years away, or from time travelers from our own future. But it cannot be from the here and now.

I cannot offer any proof whatsoever, I can only say that I am not a liar.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

Your title is Aliens do not Exist!!

haha, I'm not going to even give this thread the time of day to read the full post becaues of that statement.

That is just ignorant!

Probability alone is enough to assume aliens exist. And if you or anybody else disagree, perhaps you should go back to grade school and retake your basic science and math classes

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

hell yeah i'm glad you got it all figured out!

me i'll stick to the fact that nature is a force that is not bound by no man or animal and that it exists throughout the universe and if there were dinosaurs before we existed then there were life on other planets before we existed...so with that being said in universal intelligence we are mentally handicapped!

and you prove that to me with factual evidence of your last reply...sorry for the inconvenience but if you assume we are the only life through the entire universe then you have a very narrow mind in thinking

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What I want to know is why the Mods don't bother to close futile and conflict inflaming threads like this immediately, since the site owners have made clear that threads like this one are totally pointless and would not be tolerated at ATS.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Malcram]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
I love the idea of "evidence." In a court of law, testimony is evidence and it is good enough to send a man to death.

This isn't a court of law. In a court of law, there will be certain things everybody agrees on, such as the existence of people, guns, motivations, opportunities, etc.

When you're arguing about the existence of something, there is no "preponderance of evidence," but there is "beyond reasonable doubt." And "reasonable" is usually determined by a consensus of reasonable, rational people or a representative sample thereof. Dreams, for example, can't be proven to exist, except for the fact that pretty much everyone has them, so we agree that dreams exist. Even though there are far more photos of UFOs than there are actual dreams.

Aliens may exist, but at this point in time the consensus is that there's not enough solid evidence to say for sure. There's evidence, but it's not good enough to reach a consensus.

Of course, individuals who have experiences don't need a consensus, and are free to believe what they want. But if they want others to believe them, they need to provide the appropriate objective proof. Without proof, their opinion that they saw or were abducted by "aliens" is just that. An opinion.

So far, nobody's been able to connect the dots between subjective or circumstantial evidence and evidence good enough that a selection of reasonable individuals can say beyond reasonable doubt that yes, aliens exist. Like I said before, maybe tomorrow. But not today.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram
What I want to know is why the Mods don't bother to close futile and conflict inflaming threads like this immediately, since the site owners have made clear that threads like this one are totally pointless and would not be tolerated at ATS.

That is crazy. I have an opinion and my opinion is "They Don't" all I seem to be getting from people is that "I'm ignorant" which is so far from the truth its "crazy". I was a believer for many years until recently. Everyone has their opinion and I respect theirs so why not mine? I probably created this thread in the wrong section but my point was to open up the fact that what is really going on is man made not other worldly.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shell111
We are not just "it". Aliens do exist. They do visit us regularly and they do accidently show themselves. Without sounding like a looney tune, I will spare the details, but they absolutely do exist.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, however, the facts (not conjecture or abstract mathematical assessments) as they stand at the moment don't support that conclusion.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

Your thread is misleading and the only reasoning you give for your claims have been, "So what?" and "because I believe it."

You offer an explanation that may be valid, but it in no way relates to the title of your thread.

I'm of the belief that it is both. I have no proof of either - only my own experience to why I "believe" (I only use that word because I can provide no "proof") that aliens not only exist, which is what your title is arguing, but they are here and interacting with humans.

So again,

If I drive a car, does that mean my neighbor does not exist?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by draevin]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rolls_royce_7
I think thats its your opinion to say aliens dont exist, we all have rights to think what we want but to say we are wrong is not necessary, if we believe there is something else out there then let us believe it, its our opinion. Honestly i think there is other life outsdie of earth and maybe, hopefully in our lifetime we may see evidence of this, that is if we already havent seen any, but to question our opinions and saying we are wrong is unjustified. let your opinions be heard is just fine but dont question ours.

I have no problems with your opinion. I have an opinion also and that is they don't exist. I am stating that what is going on is manmade. To be called ignorant for not believing in aliens from outerspace or interdimensionally is unfair. There is stronger evidence to suggest they dont exist than there is to say there is. People who have witnessed UFO's have witnessed exactly that, Unidentified Flying Objects. Why is it when someone can't identify something it is automatically from another world which is intelligently controlled?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
sorry for the inconvenience but if you assume we are the only life through the entire universe then you have a very narrow mind in thinking

I will agree with you there. My thinking is narrowed to the facts as they're recognized today, and doesn't include a lot of wild conjecture or wishfulness. It's interesting to imagine that there's alien life out there somewhere (hopefully not dangerous to us here on Earth), but my thinking is narrow enough to know the difference between imagination and what we currently understand to be the reality of the situation.

link   
reply to post by hornum

To the OP: it sounds honestly like that because you used to be believer, you at least know how to think logically on this matter....you recently decided to quit believing because you haven't saw one up close or on CNN...

You actually still know that there is life all through the universe...you really still know that Earth is not 'just it'.

Like I said, you are just frustrated because you haven't gotten the 'official' CNN statement that will affirm your belief and so now you hope deep down that by you making such an absurd statement, maybe an alien will get so mad and 'proove ' itself to you

kinda childish, don't you think?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by ButterCookie]

link   

Originally posted by draevin
reply to post by hornum

Your thread is misleading and the only reasoning you give for your claims have been, "So what?" and "because I believe it."

You offer an explanation that may be valid, but it in no way relates to the title of your thread.

I'm of the belief that it is both. I have no proof of either - only my own experience to why I "believe" (I only use that word because I can provide no "proof") that aliens not only exist, which is what your title is arguing, but they are here and interacting with humans.

So again,

If I drive a car, does that mean my neighbor does not exist?

Are you even reading my posts? I have more proof than one has believing there are aliens because there are none! Show me one? I can certainly show you no alien, take a look around....No aliens.

link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

When you're arguing about the existence of something, there is no "preponderance of evidence," but there is "beyond reasonable doubt." And "reasonable" is usually determined by a consensus of reasonable, rational people or a representative sample thereof. .. Aliens may exist, but at this point in time the consensus is that there's not enough solid evidence to say for sure. There's evidence, but it's not good enough to reach a consensus.

Well......

consensus [kənˈsɛnsəs]
n
general or widespread agreement (esp in the phrase consensus of opinion)

(CNN) -- Nearly 50 years since an alleged UFO was sighted at Roswell, New Mexico, a new CNN/Time poll released Sunday shows that 80 percent of Americans think the government is hiding knowledge of the existence of extraterrestrial life forms.

Hmm, interesting. Now we just have to work out what percentage might reasonably constitute 'consensus' (as there is never full agreement on anything) and if the American population qualifies as a body of 'reasonable, rational people'

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Malcram]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by hornum

To the OP: it sounds honestly like that because you used to be believer, you at least know how to think logically on this matter....you recently decided to wuit beleiving because you haven't saw one up close or on CNN...

You actually still know that there is life all through the universe...you really still know that Earth is not 'just it'.

Like I said, you are just frustrated because you haven't gotten the 'official' CNN statement that will affirm your belief and so now you hope deep down that by you making such an absurd statement, maybe an alien will get so mad and 'proove ' itself to you

kinda childish, don't you think?

Firstly thats a great book on your mini profile.
I am convinced that what is going on is deception because I am familiar with TPTB tactics. I can not totally rule out life in the universe but I think it is actually unlikely. Why? Because if they did we WOULD know about it. I have done plenty of research on this matter and that is how I have finally come to the conclusion they dont exist.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound and did it fall to begin with...as no one seen or heard it?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

Trying to discuss this with you isn't going to work, is it?

Saying that you have never seen an alien, is not proof that they don't exist.

I believe I have seen an Alien. I didn't tie him up, and I don't carry a camera around in case I see one. I didn't go looking for one, and I didn't ever want to meet one.

I can not prove my experience to you.

Lack of evidence, does not prove my experience to be untrue.

You claiming that "there is no proof" is not a valid reason to discredit something.

Where is your proof that humans are flying around in UFO's?

I'm sorry - but you don't have it just like I don't have proof of my experience.

You are making claims based on assumptions and calling them facts.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

You and Blueshift......

What do you mean, "Take a look around, no aliens?"

I live in Memphis TN....If I take a look around, I will see other Tenneseans...I won't be able to see any Asians, Africans, or Austrailians....Whoa...does that mean that they don't exist???

Yep, I agree with another poster on here that said you both need to go back to grade school and take basic science and math

Everyone else on here including me should really ignore you. This is your call for help, so to speak...you really know the possiblities exists, its just that you are so mad that they haven't knocked on your door. You really just want to see an extraterrestrial up close that you are really just speaking out of frustration.....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by hornum

if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound and did it fall to begin with...as no one seen or heard it?

Yes it does make a sound and it did fall, we know this because that is how things work here on earth. I don't really get your point.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Boy with that title you know your gonna light up the boards, but I'm with you I'm sorry but there is no concrete evidence!

Believe me I lived in Roswell NMfor years and I've read everything told storie but nothing concrete

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

I understand a lot about TPTB. I know that we are being decieved on a daily basis. I also know that when something is not discussed openly by them, they simply are covering it up.

they will continue to cover ET life up until they have no other choice

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join