It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Do Not Exist!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

If the universe is swarming with life, they're doing a REALLY good job at hiding.

Given the size of the universe and the lack of overall sky mapping looking for laser signals, they could be sending signals all of the time and we'd never know.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigdaddy7ftr

My first sighting was in March 1997, knows as the infamous "Phoenix Lights" here in Arizona, as I watched a gigantic triangular shaped craft with a wingspan of approximately a mile, fly over my head completely silently and without arising any fear within me as I watched it.

So you wouldn't happen to have any photos/video of this incident? Or know anyone who has? I guess you weren't the only one who saw this? I have seen the usual videos of the incident, but some close-up material would be stunning.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think thats its your opinion to say aliens dont exist, we all have rights to think what we want but to say we are wrong is not necessary, if we believe there is something else out there then let us believe it, its our opinion. Honestly i think there is other life outsdie of earth and maybe, hopefully in our lifetime we may see evidence of this, that is if we already havent seen any, but to question our opinions and saying we are wrong is unjustified. let your opinions be heard is just fine but dont question ours.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

This is so ridiculous that I may not have enough words to truly respond...

The OP is just needing to vent. He or she is just tired of waiting....waiting for disclosure by the President himself and waiting to see an alien fleet from the sky land on their yard. And I'm not really bashing him or her...its just that I can hear the frustration

When someone posts like this, meaning without logic, rhyme nor reason, they are kinda desperate....they'd LOVE to see anything extraterrestrial land in thier yard and so instead of speaking outta logic, they choose to speak outta frustration

I can't imagine that an intelligent thinking person that is at least out of hugh school would think that life can ONLY exist on our teeny tiny blue planet

And what's with the 'Show me proof?'

OMG....any advanced races do NOT feel compelled to PROOVE themselves to the 'earthlings'. Outside of the long journey here from some interstellar travelers, their intelligence may be so high above ours that there IS no way to communcate with us

Give it up...Advanced races are not pondring, "hmm....how can we make sure the Earthlings know that we exist?"

Thats just humans one again feeling that we are so superior that everything has to go through us to be legit

Its just like one of us getting mad because there's an ant colony somewhere in a jungle witha rumor that humans don't exist...Would you really feel like you had to go and PROOVE yourself to them????

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

Sorry to have to p*** on your parade, but they are here. And some of us have seen them...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

It means that you are not willing to face the fact that even though what you believe might be true, you have no evidence either way for either argument...

Actually I made my argument earlier in this thread. I'm not going to type it again. It was taylored to the OP because this is his thread about the "TPTB" etc..

I wouldn't call you stupid for not believing in God. I would simply say that, in my perception (of course), you obviously don't have enough experience with God to understand His existence...

So because of my experience with Him, I can tell you He does. But you could never believe my testimony.

How do you know that I don't believe in God? This thread has nothing to do with God, sorry.

Furthermore, I'm not claiming to have direct experience with "God" like you have. I'm merely pointing out obvious evidence which is based in reality:

1) Physical data and multiple witness testimony (in the '76 Iran case).
2) That the Universe is old and other creatures could easily have gotten a billion year head start on us.
3) That there are tons of stars in the sky and that carbon is the 4th most common element in the universe (the basic compounds which make you and me aren't that rare).

Those are observations, both physical and emperical. Either way, they are observations. That is how science works. Now you want to throw those observations out the window because you know God. Wow how convenient. You know it all dude. I guess that's the difference between us... I am entertaining logical possibilities based on observation and you... eh... well your going off about... God.

Even IF you yourself had absolutely seen any form of extra-terrestrial - especially ones that are performing technology feats such as flying saucers - I wouldn't believe just your testimony. I would need to see it for myself.

And how is that special? It's human nature. I'm in the same boat. I never said that "I scramjet believe 100% in aliens from other planets visiting here or hanging around earth" did I? Nope. But slowly I'm sifting through the facts. And I can't buy the TPTB like the OP does. I don't think it's USA or Russian technology. And I do believe that some of these things behave like intelligently controlled vehicles. So even though it does seem outrageous, I can't logically dismiss an alien possibility.

Of course you can dismiss it because you have reality figured out because God told you. He tells you everything because you're special and the universe revolves around you right? I mean God has infinite power and infinite wisdom... yet how does he spend his time.... hmmm talking with YOU! You must be quite a guy.

I generally avoid E.T. forums because I know personally many people who believe in "E.T." and I have a hard time relating to their personalities... mainly because I smell -attention- and -lie- all over their person.

And I generally avoid God forums because I know personally many people who claim they talk to God and have all the big questions answered. To me it screams of- I can't comprend something so I'm scared. Therefore, I'll pretend like I have all the answers because I would really really like it if God, reality, everything, and everyone just revolved around me me me!

Furthermore, do I need to remind you that this is the aliens/UFOs forum and NOT the God forum.

And I detest greatly people who need to make up silly stories for attention.

And you honestly don't see the hypocritical nature in this... cmon man.

As far as "UFOs" are concerned, it's the government/military. It's a no-brainer for me. If tauristercus hasn't proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that the military has some wild stuff going on what with the spirals and all,

Can you provide one link please?

Don't get me wrong... I think Star Trek: The Next Generation is awesome.

Not sure where this comes from or why you think it's relevant?

link   
reply to post by the.lights

short and sweet i like it, what example of these sights do you have?

link   
reply to post by the.lights

short and sweet i like it, what example of these sights do you have?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

I think its sad that so many people believe that because the technology seems so advanced its aliens from another world. Believe it or not humans are capable of this technology and have been for some time.

I think it's sad that people can just dismiss all the wonderful things that really smart people and generations of thought, knowledge and understanding has brought us.

Instead they'll throw the whole paradigm out the window and claim that a few priviledged individuals have "secret technology" and have kept it in the dark for centuries and secretly control the world.

Also, you say the technology "seems so advanced" like any 5th grader could build a flying saucer for a science project. Since it's so easy why don't you enlighten us with all your advanced degrees and extensieve experience? If you don't show us soon I'll have to assume you're part of this shadow "TPTB" gov't!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
There is enough evidence to prove reasonable doubt when it comes to making either case, that aliens do exist and that they do not exist. There is evidence that exists to make both cases null and void by US court standards, but there is no smoking gun as yet. However, you are going to have a far easier time proving something exists that proving something does not exist. If your only evidence that something doesn't exist is "Well I've never seen one!" then that's the weakest argument on which to predicate your statement. To prove there is no extraterrestrial life, definitively, you will need to prove that on all of the planets that exist in the known universe that the conditions that led to creation of life, the spark which caused cell division in the primordial soup, have never happened in the history of reality. That's a big task and I wish you luck on that undertaking.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Using a conspiracy to explain a conspiracy is never a good idea.

Edit: @ TC

[edit on 17-6-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

I am simply going to just leave you alone with your facts beyond reproach. You have obviously already made up your mind, or it has been made up for you. In any case, a person who states emphatically that ET life does not exist, and humans are the only ones in this universe smacks of Christian Dogma to the max. I live in Ohio, and we see them fly over here all the time. You just keep right on thinking that, friend.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
I'll be happy to explain. I'll even use the marble analogy. Let's pretend this "pocket" is soo large that you have in fact explored much less than a miniscule fraction of the total area.

However, you do have that one marble as your only example of a marble in this vast pocket. Sure you don't know exactly where the marble "came from." But you have some good theories that might explain things... and regardless of how it got there, the marble is there. And the marble you have is made up of stuff that is known to be quite common place in the pocket.

Is it not logical to assume that there are other similar marbles somewhere in this huge pocket? What is your honest answer?

If you want to change the parameters of the example I gave, go ahead. We have some vague theories as to how life came to be on Earth, but none of them have been proven. We still don't have a clue. And there is plenty of water, even on Earth, that is completely sterile. In fact, you could take a gallon of water filled with already put-together DNA and shake it for a long, long time and there's no guarantee it will form life real, moving, replicating life that has motivation and a point of view.

So unless you can tell me the specific mechanism of how the marble appeared in my pocket, I'm still going to have to say that the size of the pocket isn't going to automatically make me assume that there's another marble in it. That's cold logic, but that's the way it is.

Like I said, a theory or a probability doesn't work in this case. Maybe there are aliens. But "maybe" doesn't mean there are. Now, show me a spectrogram of a planet with exactly the same chemical composition of Earth, and then we may have something. Life makes this atmosphere what it is. We still won't know how life developed on the other planet, but we can at least start using some science to figure it out.

Until then, though, we're it.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by black cat

Exactly!!!

As my previous post stated" Would us humans travel far and make a deal to proove ourselves to an ant colony that didn't believe we existed"

Same deal here.

Honestly, we may never have disclosure nor have a fleet land on the White House lawn and I will ALWAYS believe that Earth is not the only place with intelligent life....

There are a lot of things that you will never see or be able to 'proove'. Face that. It's all about using logic, rhyme and reason. You can take claims whether they are true or false and test it with your logic of what you have gained through reading, research, and experience. Look at the possibilities....

Trust me; I seriously doubt that other life on other planets and galaxies could care LESS whether us earthlings 'believe' in them

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

if aliens dont exist then the existence of the expanding universe is a sham!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
We are not just "it". Aliens do exist. They do visit us regularly and they do accidently show themselves. Without sounding like a looney tune, I will spare the details, but they absolutely do exist.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
WOW

That statement REALLY took the cake for me....

Unless there is another planet made up just like Earth????????????????????

Are you being funny or what?

Please quit thinking that if its not like Earth, no life can survive there....

Instead think this: If itsnot like Earth, EARTHLINGS (probably) can't survive there.

Jupitor beings can survive on Jupitor because their planet is catered for their kind of life form.....beings on Mars can survive on mars because Mars has what Martians need, and so on and so on...

My point is this: it is VERY ignorant to feel that just because humans can't survive there then nothing else can....

How both arrogant and ignorant.....

[edit on 17-6-2010 by ButterCookie]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

If I knew you in person, I would be worried. Why? Disclosure will bring an extreme change to everything. All that we know today including the top religions of the world will crumble, well, more like Deteriorate around us.

When disclosure comes around, I don't know which individual or groups of people that will become more of a threat to provoking hostility towards our visitors? Let's take a look at two doors that could be opened.

1. Those whom believed no other life existed besides us, then becoming struck in shock and awe by disclosure with the idea that they are here to enslave us or exterminate us.

or

2. Those whom are bent on believing that extra terrestrials (Our Outer Visitors) are the Demons mentioned in their beliefs, therefore, sparking wars against our visitors. Some countries may become a problem.

I'm more worried about Door #2 than Door #1, however, it would be better that neither be opened as disclosure begins to unfold. But if the worst is expected, something needs to be done to put this down.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
if aliens dont exist then the existence of the expanding universe is a sham!

Not necessarily. All the universe needs to expand is conscious life. And we're alive. So as we continue to observe and experience the universe, now and into the future, the universe will continue to expand both forward and backward in time. We can do the job all by ourselves.

Of course, if all life on Earth ends, then so will the universe. It will also end (in the only way that matters to me) when I die. That's how it works.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I love the idea of "evidence." In a court of law, testimony is evidence and it is good enough to send a man to death. When you ask for "evidence" I assume you mean one of three things: Picture, Documents, An Alien. The problem with this is that 200 years ago, there were no photos, documents were not common as a form of cataloging and aliens had no interesting in interacting with people who hanged people simply based on the color of their skin, yet they could have and did exist then - proof being unavailable to the masses.

Your notion of evidence is contingent on the technology of the times, meaning before the tech existed there was no way to prove anything, yet proof was had for all kinds of things - was it not? What was the "proof" the earth revolved around the sun - testimony as no one had gone to the sun to see.

Lastly, back to my point about hanging, there is zero reason for others to expose themselves to those who would sooner kill them then say hi to them. They are there, they will avoid you because you want "proof" they exist and guess what - they want proof from you that you exist. Prove you exist. Prove it. You can't.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join