It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Do Not Exist!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hornum
keeps you occupied with nonsence while the truth is played out.

your op of your thread has not convinced me aliens do not exist.
but the thoughts in head do not permit me to resort to a rhetorical fist...

it was the last sentence that caught my intrigue

truth "played" out?
played by whom, actors?

s & f for sharing some thoughts & thanks,
ET

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
No other life in the universe?

You embarrassed this forum.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You're wrong dude. We value your opinion. But that doesn't mean that I'm not going to poke some hole in its fragile fabric.

If you are privy to some special knowledge then please share? How do they have such technology? How have they kept it a secret?

There has been no hole poked in my fabric as I have proof. Technology is easy to keep secret because of installations throughout the world that your average citizen is not privy to. These craft are flown around in populated areas and they can get away with it because they are unidentifiable to the average citizen.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Ofcourse I undertand that. I mearly have an opinion and that is what I am sticking to. I currently have proof aliens don't exist because there are none, unless you know of some? I am not wrong.

You are very wrong. You have no evidence and certainly no proof that Aliens don't exist. Have you ever heard the saying:

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

Any idea who said that?

Your argument is in complete contradiction of this logic. You are arguing that an absence of evidence (for you) somehow proves that Aliens do not exist. This is quite wrong. You are using a logical fallacy called "Argument From Ignorance".

In fact, there is a great deal of evidence. But even if there were none, it would still not be proof that Aliens do not exist.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Malcram]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

keeps you occupied with nonsence while the truth is played out.

your op of your thread has not convinced me aliens do not exist.
but the thoughts in head do not permit me to resort to a rhetorical fist...

it was the last sentence that caught my intrigue

truth "played" out?
played by whom, actors?

s & f for sharing some thoughts & thanks,
ET

Not so much actors although it is an act in a way. TPTB hold technology wrapped in secrecy because if released into the mainstream there would be no gain for them. The system that has been built to enslave the poulation works fine and is inline with their agenda.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by Arbitrageur

What is your position on this topic of whether or not aliens exist??

Because I'm not sure of what to make of your post...

Of course I think aliens exist, I think most people do.

Less certain is whether they have ever visited Earth, unless you count ALH84001 as evidence but the jury is still out on that evidence, it's still being debated...

But some of the "evidence" for them like that stupid Izatt photo is just downright embarrassing. So the main reason for my post was really to ridicule Izatt's nonsensical "evidence", not to confirm nor deny aliens.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

Ofcourse I undertand that. I mearly have an opinion and that is what I am sticking to. I currently have proof aliens don't exist because there are none, unless you know of some? I am not wrong.

You are very wrong. You have no evidence and certainly no proof that Aliens don't exist. Have you ever heard the saying:

"absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

Any idea who said that?

You argument is in complete contradiction of this logic. You are arguing that an absence of evidence (for you) proves that Aliens do not exist. This is quite wrong. You are using a logical fallacy called "Argument From Ignorance"

In fact, there is a great deal of evidence. But even if there were not, it would still not be proof that Aliens do not exist.

Well that would be the famous German Albert Einstein. Yeah you've got me, there must be aliens.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

So the main reason for my post was really to ridicule Izatt's nonsensical "evidence", not to confirm nor deny aliens.

So...that would be the very definition of 'off topic' then?

An off topic post in a 14 page long prohibited topic.

ATS just gets better and better.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

Any idea who said that?

Your argument is in complete contradiction of this logic. You are arguing that an absence of evidence (for you) somehow proves that Aliens do not exist. This is quite wrong. You are using a logical fallacy called "Argument From Ignorance".

In fact, there is a great deal of evidence. But even if there were none, it would still not be proof that Aliens do not exist.

Well I think it is proof. We'll just have to disagree on that.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Well that would be the famous German Albert Einstein. Yeah you've got me, there must be aliens.

Nope, and you managed to use another logical fallacy there. I wasn't suggesting that your flawed logic somehow proves that Aliens exist. I don't think anyone was.

I was simply pointing out that your position is logically unsound and applied inconsistently.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

So the main reason for my post was really to ridicule Izatt's nonsensical "evidence", not to confirm nor deny aliens.

So...that would be the very definition of 'off topic' then?

And off topic post in a 14 page long prohibited topic.

ATS just gets better and better.

Not really off topic. He stated that the main reason for posting was to ridicule Izatt's photo's which is inline with the lack of evidence or proof of aliens existance. It then states not to confirm or deny aliens which actually adds to the content of the post. I'm happy with the statement.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

How do you feel that asbence of evidence is proof?

Makes no sense whatsoever...In the earlier scenario, when are you going to travel to Memphis TN to proove to my brother that you exist

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Nope, and you managed to use another logical fallacy there. I wasn't suggesting that your flawed logic somehow proves that Aliens exist. I don't think anyone was.

I was simply pointing out that your position is logically unsound and applied inconsistently.

How is it logically unsound? I'm really not getting you.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

No, not really. In this case you are arguing against an established fact, not an opinion. You can confirm this for yourself if you do a little bit of research. Look up "argument from ignorance'.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum

Dear hornum

You do know that you can only loose the argument right.

ET has become something of a modern day religion and believers will believe no matter what.

However there is way more evidence to prove you wrong that you could ever accumulate trying badly I might add to prove a negative.

Personally I have seen something that can not be explained you can read about my experience here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

No, not really. In this case you are arguing against an established fact, not an opinion. You can confirm this for yourself is you do a little bit of research. Look up "argument from ignorance'.

I am familiar with it but it's not fact.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

It's as much a fact as 1 + 1 = 2. Like Maths, Logic has set rules. If you have no respect for the established rules of logic then there is literally no reasoning with you.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by hornum

Dear hornum

You do know that you can only loose the argument right.

ET has become something of a modern day religion and believers will believe no matter what.

However there is way more evidence to prove you wrong that you could ever accumulate trying badly I might add to prove a negative.

Personally I have seen something that can not be explained you can read about my experience here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you for your oinion and the link to your story which is very interesting. But might I point out that you can not confirm it was aliens from outerspace. My point is that it is just as fair to say that they don't exist as it is to say they do. I believe there are many flaws in what people believe as there are flaws in mine. I believe there are none because I am aware of other things that are going on, you'll just have to take my word for it or not because i can not prove it. Science really doesnt have much of a grasp of whats going on as they are scratching away at things with a mind that is incapable of comprehension.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

It's as much a fact as 1 + 1 = 2. Logic has set rules. If you have no respect for the established rules of logic then there is literally no reasoning with you.

Remain confined to you construct. You put up a good argument thank you.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by decadence
No other life in the universe?

You embarrassed this forum.

Sorry to have embarassed you all. But you might want to save the embarassment for a couple of years.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join