Aliens Do Not Exist!

page: 7
29
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift
 





Okay, let's go through this again. Just because the universe is big is no guarantee that there is other life there. Size is not a critical variable. If there was a marble in your pocket, and you don't know how it got there, how big would your pocket have to be for another marble to magically appear in it? As big as a house? A galaxy? Where does the second marble come from? Does it "just happen?" Explain that to me.


I'll be happy to explain. I'll even use the marble analogy. Let's pretend this "pocket" is soo large that you have in fact explored much less than a miniscule fraction of the total area.

However, you do have that one marble as your only example of a marble in this vast pocket. Sure you don't know exactly where the marble "came from." But you have some good theories that might explain things... and regardless of how it got there, the marble is there. And the marble you have is made up of stuff that is known to be quite common place in the pocket.

Is it not logical to assume that there are other similar marbles somewhere in this huge pocket? What is your honest answer?




posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Any and all who jumped on the "deny ignorance" bandwagon jumped too soon.

Show proof of the existence of other lifeforms in the universe.
(Math is not proof. Any mathematics we have are derived from a universe of which we know very little as it is. To my knowledge, people still believe that gravity is the bending of "space/time" as if there is such a thing?)

Until then, you are just as ignorant as the rest of us.

Your silly "I somehow believe I'm above all others for -knowing- that other life -must- exist because it simply doesn't make sense that it -doesn't-!" stuff is contradictory to your attitudes because y'all are very often the kind of people who only think about yourselves instead of...say...

the theories of other people (I.e.-the OP) who have a human brain as well?



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76
 


The honest answer is that ASSUMING makes an ass out of u and Ming!

And Ming don't play games. Ming likes to use reality to back up reality and he does not enjoy the use of reality to back up fantasy.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown
 





We do differ in that I do believe in aliens but not in the same way as some of the more imaginative members of ATS.


Well reality is a strange place my friend. Probably even stranger than your and my imaginations put together. You can talk to any reputable scientist and they will all tell you that our picture of reality is incomplete at best.

As for you believing that aliens can only manage a measily satellite into space. That is your opinion. And it is based on 20th century terrestrial science. The reason this forum exists is because we're here to entertain the possbility that other creatures evolved into intelligence long before we invented the wheel.

In fact nature (on our own planet) shows us that given ample time 2 speices can find themselves so far apart (in terms of intelligence), that they can barely communicate with eachother... ie- humans & monkeys.

Tell me what you honestly think of the 1976 Tehran UFO?

Now I know as human beings we are all more comfortable with the idea that aliens will land on Obama's lawn and give him the key to the universe. However, at some point we all have to admit that reality is a strange place and we don't always get what we want.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta
 


I don't know what you mean by ming. I'm not even going to answer your short and poorly defined response.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum
 


No it's not!!! your talking out of your ass buddy!!!

If the universe were infinite for example, transformers would have to exist somewhere



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hey that 1976 stuff is really quite interesting. What I was trying to say is that I think that at least 85-90% of the UFO claims are complete rubbish that can be explained.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This entire thread makes me laugh.

Believers believe.

Non believers don't.

The two shall never meet, no matter what.

Troll feeding on ATS, yep, it happens!



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In another universe, another galaxy, everything has the chance to be anything. Big monster machines that can morph from giant robot to a semitruck? There is a small chance because were talking about infinite space, maybe infinite universes. I think ET's are up there and are hundreds or thousands of years ahead of us. It didn't take very long for us to reach the moon.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
From OP:



Now I'm sure I will get the usual questions like "Wheres your proof" and the fact is I can't give you any, but you can't give me any either.


So then how come you can assert you're the one who is right and everyone else is wrong? Especially when you seem to be the one determining whether or not the proof is valid.

If neither side has any bonafide proof, according to you, then neither side can be right or wrong, including you.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks for your opinion.





[edit on 17-6-2010 by Copernicus]



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown
 


There is a difference between skeptic and stupid.
And I will feed the trolls no longer.
Truly, they make me feel
knowing that there is still a pile of humanity that is so narrow minded, egotistical , and just plain dumb!


I sometimes wonder if TPTB are not right in their wanting to..

well, ................

nevermind...



Some of you are truly hopeless.
and I feel extremely bad for you.



[edit on 17-6-2010 by Ahmose]



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hornum
 


Wait so your making a presumption that they are not here or on any other planet on what evidence? Have you even done your own research?

Have you heard the saying - there are more stars and planets in the universe than there is sand on all the beaches on planet earth.

Your saying that not one of these planets could harvest life, or even a civilisation? Or maybe a civilisation that would be far more spanning and intelligent that ours? Your saying that not one of these planets that possibly might have these qualities i mentioned would be interested in searching for other intelligent life out there like ours?

So your telling me none of this could ever be possible, for as long as we have lived or will live?

So you ask me why haven't they landed on this planet and have been in contact with us humans?

Well they possibly might have. Lets put it in perspective, would another species like an ant be able to communicate with us? and would we want to communicate with them? All we do is collect data, analyse them and let their insignificant lives go on in nature. Have you not thought that Aliens would be interested in doing the same?



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik
 


Have you heard the saying - there are more stars and planets in the universe than there is "grains" sand on all the beaches on planet earth.

Frogot the main word



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
Any and all who jumped on the "deny ignorance" bandwagon jumped too soon.

Show proof of the existence of other lifeforms in the universe.
(Math is not proof. Any mathematics we have are derived from a universe of which we know very little as it is. To my knowledge, people still believe that gravity is the bending of "space/time" as if there is such a thing?)


Have you ever wondered how exactly we got here if the universe is apparently lifeless? I guess we just got reaaally lucky somewhere along the way.

but now that I think about it....



that's right, you don't want to be bothered with numbers and maths...that's crazy talk.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Alright, I just watched "Capturing The Light"..

A lot of nice people there. Everyone, from the makers to the subjects, seemed very nice. I think that they focused on the thing that happens in the middle of the interview too much.

If she really had that much material, I'd definitely want to see more of it, and the material analyzed by some no-BS-experts. Also, the "luminous photo" thing was a bit much, not really buying all that. Sry. But still very convincing.

So it lacked some raw footage. They should put the house area under some radar control and see what happens. Then i would completely believe.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
reply to post by hornum
 


Wait so your making a presumption that they are not here or on any other planet on what evidence? Have you even done your own research?

Have you heard the saying - there are more stars and planets in the universe than there is sand on all the beaches on planet earth.

Your saying that not one of these planets could harvest life, or even a civilisation? Or maybe a civilisation that would be far more spanning and intelligent that ours? Your saying that not one of these planets that possibly might have these qualities i mentioned would be interested in searching for other intelligent life out there like ours?

So your telling me none of this could ever be possible, for as long as we have lived or will live?

So you ask me why haven't they landed on this planet and have been in contact with us humans?

Well they possibly might have. Lets put it in perspective, would another species like an ant be able to communicate with us? and would we want to communicate with them? All we do is collect data, analyse them and let their insignificant lives go on in nature. Have you not thought that Aliens would be interested in doing the same?



Yes that is what I am saying. Do you really think aliens would fly all this way or slip in from another dimension in ships lit up like christmas trees to observe us from afar while abducting people, mutalating cows and making crop circles? I do not believe what is observed is aliens from another planet. I believe they are from here. If they are so advanced why wouldnt they communicate via radio etc. Even if they were so advanced and didnt possess such arkaic technology I'm sure they could pick up a scanner from somewhere, and surely they would understand our language being so advanced and all.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
Any and all who jumped on the "deny ignorance" bandwagon jumped too soon.

Show proof of the existence of other lifeforms in the universe.
(Math is not proof. Any mathematics we have are derived from a universe of which we know very little as it is. To my knowledge, people still believe that gravity is the bending of "space/time" as if there is such a thing?)


Have you ever wondered how exactly we got here if the universe is apparently lifeless? I guess we just got reaaally lucky somewhere along the way.

but now that I think about it....



that's right, you don't want to be bothered with numbers and maths...that's crazy talk.


Yes we maybe reaaly lucky. Whats so hard to believe about that?



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
From OP:



Now I'm sure I will get the usual questions like "Wheres your proof" and the fact is I can't give you any, but you can't give me any either.


So then how come you can assert you're the one who is right and everyone else is wrong? Especially when you seem to be the one determining whether or not the proof is valid.

If neither side has any bonafide proof, according to you, then neither side can be right or wrong, including you.


I do have bonafide proof really. No aliens No craft. prove me wrong, you are in the minority here.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastalite
The Hubble Telescope estimates that there are HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of GALAXIES in the Universe. Do the math.

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

I am convinced we are not alone.

It is my belief that they've been here long before we arrived on the scene and quite possibly are directly responsible for our arrival.


Yes youre right I just checked my calculater, came up with aliens.





top topics
 
29
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join