It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals should have rights too.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Dogs: Guard our homes, are companions, sniff for drugs and bombs, guide our blind, assist our handicap, the list goes on.

Dogs and cats are different than a virus or spore.

Where does it end?

I'm not sure, but I do know from looking at my dog right now, he and his species that have assisted mankind through the centuries does not deserve to be treated with abuse.

No living thing should be abused or mistreated.

All life is precious.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I grew up with cows and sheep, I have eaten neither for over five years.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

We have an English Pointer, Odie, and he is around 18-19 years old, according to the vet.

Your post was most heart wrendering, as "Odie" is getting up in age and we are having to carrying him out to "do his duty" - this dog, in the 15 years we have have had him as ever messed in our house.

Loyal, sweet, intellegent - I would prefer to live with my sweet Odie than most of you humans.

Such a wonderful entity - My sweetie pie.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/662354e8d3b7.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 17-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
yes, animals should have rights, since most of us have access to everything we need

some people are just clueless ... we need to improve lives of humans, not animals ...

after we improve our lives we can think about them

it is hard, but these people talk about human cruelty but forget that this happens to children and people good every freaking day ... so give me a break

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

You should add a graphic warning to the image as some people are sensitive to images from reading the replies in the thread as well.

You might think that its the best way to get your point across but ive yet to see a thread that has an image of a human gutted and skinned like that without a warning. Then an opening post talking about the realities of human rights being abused.

Theres a variety of ages on this site and that image is disturbing even to a grown adult.

On the topic itself though, I think that human rights needs to be worked on first before animal rights. Any respectable human being should not be treating animals like this but at the same time you have millions of people on this planet dying daily from things such as murder, curable illnesses, starvation and other things. Theres still even slave markets and prostitution rings etc. If we cannot get it right with ourselves first, how the heck can we help animals in need?

Dont get me wrong, I love animals and have pets of my own. Its sick that things like this happen but im trying to put it into perspective without offending you as its something you are obviously passionate about, if that makes sense.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Its is disgusting, but unfortunantly part of the culture of some asian cultures. Its also terribel the way the kill the dogs....by hanging them

I cant dwell on this subject to much as it upsets me. Off to give my dog a hug

So asian cultures are bad ????BS..... And what is yours and state about what it is doing?
Every culture has these stuff. I am a vegetarian . But who are you talk about asian culture? Other than hanging all other methods are good? Do you want to talk about the KFC method? It disgusts me... But am i talking about US culture because of that? Lets talk about killing cows. It is kept in a high position in my cullture. I'm from Asia. We value it like a mother. Mother gives us milk when we are a baby. A cow gives us milk for the rest of our lives. Its like a mother. We dont eat cow meat for that purpose. I dont eat any meat. But nobody in my culture eats cow meat.
Do you want to get into the western cultures way of treating cow? Dont criticise in the name of other cultures.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Whilst I respect anyone who champions a worthwhile cause as you do when it comes to Animal rights I cannot agree with the OP premise that “Animals should have rights”. Don’t get me wrong I am against mindless animal cruelty such as forcing dogs to fight or torturing animals for kicks. However this should be the only right’s any animal should have that is to say, the right to not be subjected to unnecessary violence.

Other than that basic right, they do not deserve nor can I see any philosophical justification for them being granted any of the natural rights that man has inherited. Animals should be viewed as a human resource much in the same way as Coal, Oil and crops. They should serve no other purpose other than to be subservient to the needs of humanity for example used for food and medical testing among their other uses. To grant them rights, is to restrict this purpose. I know this may sound cold however i think you passion for this cause would be better directed as championing human rights.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join