It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals should have rights too.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

This picture is from North Korea.

BUT - What about dog fights the world over, including America.

Stop! If you support this you owe the karma for it.

the picture above is dog meat for sale in North Korea.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
At the moment, we need to work on HUMAN rights, first- and get those fixed correctly- for once those are taken care of, sights like this would go by the wayside anyways. Poverty, food issues, cruelty would all disappear for the most part.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
YUMMY. im all for animals to have rights.....

THEY HAVE THE RIGHT [SCOTTISH VOICE] TO GET IN MY BELLY!!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Why start with animals?

Plants should have rights and insects too.

Should we add viruses to the list also?

What about animals that eat other animals?

Should they be arrested for animal cruelty?

Or murder?

Where does it end,I ask.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Parasitic worms in our stomachs are animals, so are rats, fleas and lice.
How much rights should they have, even when they harm other animals?

But I agree to an extent, I once read "The Silent Ark" over a decade ago, and I've been vegetarian ever since.

But what rights should they have? Should chimps be allowed to vote?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Animals are food for carnivores. Animals eat animals and humans eat animals. While they are alive we should be respectful but when the time comes to eat them, we should eat them.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thank you for posting.

Some people feel more comfortable believing that animals are not enspirited. Well, they are.

Those of us with compassion have been around longer, cosmically speaking. We know the connectedness of all things.

You all will, too. It's okay for you to mock empathetic people. You are only acting from your own level of awareness.

The animals forgive you. They really do.

BUT - Cosmic Karma, or your energy footprint, ALWAYS gets magnetized back to you.

link   
Cows, pigs, sheep, horses, fish...I've seen animal carcasses much like the dogs pictured and many people eat these too but because we have dogs as pets we shouldn't eat them? Gerbils or guinea pigs or some kind of rodent like these are a delicacy in South America...should we protest against that?

Once we sort out our treatment of other humans then perhaps we can make a move on all life...I find it strange that in the UK, we tend to give to animal charities but not human charities and the argument is that humans are bad. Not every human is bad just like every dog is not bad...

link   
If you ask me, everything should have the right to live. Humans, dogs, cats , pigs, cows, maybe even polititians
, mice, plants, trees, single celled organisms, plankton, yes, even the germs on your hands!

But thats just me.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
animal cruelty is diusgusting

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I support the notion of animal rights but please use in title Graphic images..I dont want to see those images, it really hurts (and yes I am a non-veg) but cannot stand animal cruelty. For food is okay but no for waste, even for food kill it mercifully and without pain as much as possible.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think ignoring the fact that plants are living creatures is kind funny. If you're looking to not consume life in order to sustain your own, you'll probably have to move to favorable artificial substances. But, everything you would consume would have to be completely sterile, if you don't wanna slaughter millions and millions of micro organisms.
Create artificial foods in a sterile environment and have a way to consume them without casualties?

I might support the clause, if only to embrace a lifestyle where I consume nothing that is living. Though, unfortunately, I will still need to consume SOMETHING.

-----
One could argue, "at what point does life begin" in general, and things could get very complicated.
-----

As said before, human rights should be taken cared of first-and-foremost. After all ... that IS our species. You know?

[edit on 15-6-2010 by SentientBeyondDesign]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by empireofpain
YUMMY. im all for animals to have rights.....

THEY HAVE THE RIGHT [SCOTTISH VOICE] TO GET IN MY BELLY!!

I'm scottish and I would sooner eat YOU than a dog.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senz20
If you ask me, everything should have the right to live. Humans, dogs, cats , pigs, cows, maybe even polititians
, mice, plants, trees, single celled organisms, plankton, yes, even the germs on your hands!

But thats just me.

I must ask. How have you been able to live long enough to gain the intelligence and wisdom you currently hold? Did you consume other organisms to provide life giving energy to yourself?

Every banana you have ever ate could have become another life giving, carbon reducing entity of life on this planet. [/sarcasm]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
They all have rights- and lefts too. I jest.

They have the right to fight for life. If they lose, they succumb to the food chain.

It is evolution, nothing religious nor righteous in mind, correct?

Survival of the fittest, no?

[edit on 6/15/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
As for animals being some kind of sweet little things. Animals are savages, put simply. They slaughter each other, and us, all the time.

I don't believe they should be tortured or abused in anyway. But I don't believe they should be treated as though they hold more footing than us. – I see people without control, with self-destructive ways, or weakness in their integrity; I see these people as animals.

I see people that genuinely care, that have honest intention and do their best to be a better person in every way as real people. But -- by the same token, I see animals that have these similar qualities as "people" as well.

I guess I am split. There are people and animals that I look at and simply see mindless objects with primal hunger in their eyes, no sense of direction.

Then I look other people and animals and see something to be admired and cherished.

-----

By this, I mean that not all animals are saints. Much like humans. They have their @!#$heads too.

Though, my hope for remedying this situation is not death or imprisonment. My hope is that we'll develop ways to address those issues in a timely and efficient manner so that all these negative occurrences can finally be backed into a corner by overwhelming progression towards truth and goodness.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Its is disgusting, but unfortunantly part of the culture of some asian cultures. Its also terribel the way the kill the dogs....by hanging them

I cant dwell on this subject to much as it upsets me. Off to give my dog a hug

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

This picture is from North Korea.

BUT - What about dog fights the world over, including America.

Stop! If you support this you owe the karma for it.

the picture above is dog meat for sale in North Korea.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

if animals are to have rights - then why don't they pay the bills, etc. However we should let all animals attack those who support these types of things and whenever they try to kick the animal back, etc, we should WHIP em' with a WHIP and tell em' to stay back and don't touch the poor animal.
- if we gave these people a long enough rope to hand them self they wouldn't like it and please remember an animal isn't going to see u as having any types of rights at all, itta just eat u...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMNOTWHOITSAYSIAM

So you think animals do not have the right to NOT go through painful torture or physical assault?

I dont know where you come from, but even people that dont pay bills in my country have this basic moral right

[edit on 15/6/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

I dont know where you come from, but even people that dont pay bills in my country have this basic moral right

Is a wild animal going to give YOU the right to a humane death?
So, it's mutual respect at work here, no?

[edit on 6/15/2010 by abecedarian]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join