It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Issues Executive Order Mandating "Lifestyle Behavior Modification"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by peggy m

Sorry if you think this comes across as snarky but wow, I don't like what you're doing here and I don't like your use of the words "behavior modification".

Please stop your social engineering madness.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by ElijahWan

If the only thing the Govt Agent is going to do is "inform us about common sense we should already know" then why are you complaining about the E.O.? If it's common sense, they are just re-iterating it are they not?
Sooooo.....

If the Govt Agent (Obama) himself is a smoker,
Does that mean he lacks 'common sense'?

Or is Obama special?

I would like to know if our highest elected official is lacking common sense.

I feel that it is important.

So what you are stating is EVERYONE who smokes cigarettes lacks common sense? I'd definately have to disagree with you on that one....Although by now EVERYONE knows how bad cigarettes can be for you....it doesn't stop people from smoking. By the same logic, everyone who is Obese lacks common sense since being Obese is unhealthy?

Did you see that recent report that says sitting can be bad for you? So everyone who sits is now lacking in common sense? Yer logic is flawed man....
I think that your logic is flawed.

Is smoking a smart thing to do?

Is Obama a smoker?

Answer these two (2) questions and PLEASE tell me where logic might lead you!

This is not a hard one!

Have at it!

Again, I'm not going to argue with you, I just like the other side of the argument to get out there so people can decide for themselves which is more sound in logic.

1) Obama IS a smoker

2) Smoking is bad for your health

Now, as for Obama smoking. He's the POTUS, you realize that's quite stressful? Do you also realize he is trying to kick the habit and set an example for people who smoke, people like me.

According to a White House transcript, Obama said that he struggled with tobacco addiction but was not a daily smoker. “I get this question about once every month or so,” he said. “And, you know, I don’t know what to tell you, other than the fact that, ... like folks who go to [Alcoholics Anonymous], ... once you’ve gone down this path, then ... it’s something you continually struggle with, which is precisely why the legislation we signed was so important – because what we don’t want is kids going down that path in the first place.”

This quote pertains to something passed in the past, this isn't him commenting on the most RECENT Executive Order, however I'm quite sure his opinion is the same.

So yes, I can understand why Obama wants an Advisory Board to help give suggestions for programs to help other Americans kick the habit........

[edit on 6/15/10 by ElijahWan]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by redeyedwonder
I'd love to see them try to change my smokin, drinkin, womanizin, druggin, assholin ways. My mother couldn't!

Just to be clear on the original proposal: What you do in the confines of your home is your business. The BM proposal (I adore that it like finally being able to take healthy poo!) mandates you to modify your ways in dealing with the public on public turf so your problems do not become public problems. Since the list of problems already are public problems, the proposal offers you help to change your thinking from being a creator of problems to a solver of problems before you land yourself in public housing paid for by tax payers in an effort to combine like minded criminals. The courses will be mandatory in all jails and prisons.

Don't jump to conclusions yet until we see how our congressman and senators treat this proposal. I have been waiting for almost three years since the day I wrote "Feeling Sad, Pop a Pill" and "A Slow Death to Freedom."

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

You questioned my logic.

You have been asked two questions.

I will take it from your 'response' that you admit that Obama smokes cigarettes.

Is smoking smart? Let me put it another way. Should we encourage children to do it?

Smoking is not a smart thing to do.

Obama smokes, smoking is not a smart thing to do.

Obama does a thing that is not smart to do.

It is not a reach.

It is purely logical.

If you want to say the POTUS is an addict, fine.

But that is an excuse.

If he can tell others that they should quit......

He can quit.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yes I completely see where you are going, mandating a free society to do things defeats the purpose of a free society..... HOWEVER....NOTHING IS BEING MANDATED here.....

I'm not stating everything Govt. does is good, FAR FROM IT...I agree with you that they have trouble regulating the simplest things....HOWEVER....THE ONLY THING THIS E.O. DOES IS CREATE A THINK-TANK type group....PERIOD.

Riddle me this.. Why the **** would they make a think tank if they did not plan to do anything about it?? That makes no sense.. "we're going to talk about things that can be done to create a standard in health, but we're not going to take any action towards that standard".. AGAIN THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

Mandating that you PURCHASE health care to LIVE was the first step. It was never intended to be their solution to rising health costs. Their solution is forcing what THIS PANEL deems are healthy choices on us. By the way, the wording of this bill allows for other government personnel (including any full agency, even those who specialize in enforcement) to be commandeered for this panel's use.

I don't see how anyone can look at this and think it's just going to be something they use to "think" about problems.

When you start letting some group tell you what you can and cannot do with your body, then that is the moment you become someone's property. That's EXACTLY what is pointed out in the first bit of this EO.. That's what Obama means by "stakeholders." STAKEHOLDER IMPLIES THAT YOU ARE PROPERTY!!! I don't know about the rest of you, but I am no one's property. If I can't live free then there's no point. I will not be forced at the end of a gun to do anything when it comes to my own body.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You questioned my logic.

You have been asked two questions.

I will take it from your 'response' that you admit that Obama smokes cigarettes.

Is smoking smart? Let me put it another way. Should we encourage children to do it?

Smoking is not a smart thing to do.

Obama smokes, smoking is not a smart thing to do.

Obama does things that are not smart to do.

It is not a reach.

It is purely logical.

If you want to say the POTUS is an addict, fine.

But that is an excuse.

If he can tell others that they should quit......

He can quit.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by butcherguy]

You clearly have never smoked cigarettes then. It is quite hard for the average person to kick the habit. I've tried myself multiple times....But that doesn't mean I lack common sense...It means I'm addicted to nicotine and willing to admit it......

Obama smokes but wants to quit, and through this E.O. has created an Advisory Board of Health-care Professionals to suggest ideas to help get America more healthy....However, the source states:

White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel is fond of saying, “You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste; it’s an opportunity to do important things that you would otherwise avoid.” Well, the Obama Administration certainly has not let the British Petroleum (BP) Deepwater Horizon oil rig crisis go to waste, using it as a smokescreen to silently assault and further diminish American citizens’ personal freedom.

Again, I implore both the writers of this article on the website, and those arguing that Obama is taking their freedoms, to PROVE VIA QUOTE where it states anything will be done from this Advisory Board besides helping establish "healthy" programs to lower our health-care costs and get America in a "healthy state".

This article is Fear-mongering at its core and thus, doesn't make a very good source. After a short scan of google the ONLY sources I can find for this E.O. besides the whitehouse.gov site and such is Right-wing drivel. Every link is a copy of the same NON-FACTUAL information, none of which analyzes the Executive Order properly.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Time to face the facts...

Obama got himself elected with his own agenda to push. He views the Presidency as a way to change things to his ideas and has no concept of the Presidency as being the guy who runs the country on a day to day basis.

If oil spills into the Gulf etc, he doesn't give a monkey. When the planes hit the World Trade Center, Bush sat reading "My Pet Goat" in a school. Laughably inept, but still, technically part of his job. What did Obama do? Went on holiday to have a BBQ with his family and friends.

Once elected, Obama got a Peace Prize and it's gone straight to his head. He is now convinced that his way of living is the only way.

Remember, even with Joe Stalin, even though he wanted total obedience and loyalty, if you got drunk or puffed your lungs out, that was OK, but with Obama, he expects you to live HIS WAY.

Liberty is over in the states. The USA is at an end. Nice idea, but it just didn't work. All that's left to do now is to hope Harper can carry on building up Canada's defences, just incase this little turd decides to butt in on its neighbours.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Please point out the flaw in my logic when I said above that 'Obama does a thing that is not smart to do'.

Either Obama does not smoke or smoking is a smart thing to do, if my logic is wrong here.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by peggy m

You obviously have already been assimilated, are you even human? Cause it seems your own life isnt content enough if you want to go out and help change others lives, whether they are in public or not.

But to each their own. I was being sarcastic, you didnt get it...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh

Yes I completely see where you are going, mandating a free society to do things defeats the purpose of a free society..... HOWEVER....NOTHING IS BEING MANDATED here.....

I'm not stating everything Govt. does is good, FAR FROM IT...I agree with you that they have trouble regulating the simplest things....HOWEVER....THE ONLY THING THIS E.O. DOES IS CREATE A THINK-TANK type group....PERIOD.

Riddle me this.. Why the **** would they make a think tank if they did not plan to do anything about it?? That makes no sense.. "we're going to talk about things that can be done to create a standard in health, but we're not going to take any action towards that standard".. AGAIN THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

Mandating that you PURCHASE health care to LIVE was the first step. It was never intended to be their solution to rising health costs. Their solution is forcing what THIS PANEL deems are healthy choices on us. By the way, the wording of this bill allows for other government personnel (including any full agency, even those who specialize in enforcement) to be commandeered for this panel's use.

I don't see how anyone can look at this and think it's just going to be something they use to "think" about problems.

When you start letting some group tell you what you can and cannot do with your body, then that is the moment you become someone's property. That's EXACTLY what is pointed out in the first bit of this EO.. That's what Obama means by "stakeholders." STAKEHOLDER IMPLIES THAT YOU ARE PROPERTY!!! I don't know about the rest of you, but I am no one's property. If I can't live free then there's no point. I will not be forced at the end of a gun to do anything when it comes to my own body.

I won't even go into detail about how flawed yer analysis of the E.O. I don't wish to do that, so you can believe the E.O. says whatever you want to. I'd just like to see some quotes where it states this Advisory board will be doing anything other than advising the President on the status of America's health and possible programs that may help improve the state of Health.

Also your use of "stakeholders" is completely out of context. The POTUS is not talking about stakeholder of YOU as in you are property, Obama is saying "stakeholders" as in A) Health Care providers B) Hospitals C) Indian Tribes and D) Pretty much anyone who has a say in anything health-care related in America.

I don't see how you can read this

(e) establish processes for continual public input, including input from State, regional, and local leadership communities and other relevant stakeholders, including Indian tribes and tribal organizations;

and conclude he is saying you are property? Obama is saying the Advisory Board will establish a "means" for continual PUBLIC ((That's you....)) input, including from the aforementioned sources......which ALSO include "other relevant stakeholders" ((Who HOLD STAKE in Health-care in America. Examples being hospitals, health-care providers, insurance agencies ect....))

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The actual EO link from the appropriate .gov website has been posted. Stop bashing the source, the conjecture discussed in the OP's link is the REASONABLE. If you can supply an alternative logical explanation as to why a "think tank" committee of this nature be created, then by all means tell us.

Simply telling us not to read between the lines is asinine. There are real evils in this world. Just because they do not announce their intentions does not mean the threat is any less real.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Please point out the flaw in my logic when I said above that 'Obama does a thing that is not smart to do'.

Either Obama does not smoke or smoking is a smart thing to do, if my logic is wrong here.

Your "flaw in logic" is stating that anyone who smokes cigarettes lacks common sense. Thus...in essence, you are stating anytime someone does anything unhealthy they lack common sense....

Do you not see the flaw in logic in that statement? Again...The ONLY thing you can possible state is that people who do "unhealthy" things have weaker wills than YOU....and that is only if you don't participate in "unhealthy" things, which I tend to think is PRETTY hard to do in this day and age....Hell staring at and LCD computer screen is bad for your eyes, so do you lack common sense for posting back to me?

That is what your line of logic is stating, and thus IMHO is flawed.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The actual EO link from the appropriate .gov website has been posted. Stop bashing the source, the conjecture discussed in the OP's link is the REASONABLE. If you can supply an alternative logical explanation as to why a "think tank" committee of this nature be created, then by all means tell us.

Simply telling us not to read between the lines is asinine. There are real evils in this world. Just because they do not announce their intentions does not mean the threat is any less real.

You want me to state reason's why a think-tank was created to help America become more healthly? Well that's pretty easy....Uh...Most obese nation on the planet? We have a crap ton of smokers in this country....Basically we are a very UNHEALTHY country...and THUS are spending A LOT of YOUR hard-earned tax-payer money on people who are unhealthy. The goal of this Advisory Board is to suggest IDEAS to the President to help motivate and move America in a more healthy direction......

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I believe most are connecting the two; the new Health-Care bill recently passed and this Executive Order.

The general gist would be that under the new bill, or some form or mutation of it, this Executive Order would serve as the backbone for the Government to impose new regulations on government held insurance plans or even plans that are supplemented via the government.

Limitation on coverage will be restricted to a person and/or family or even a business owner unless those individuals are participating in a recommended program that comes out of the Advisory Board.

If you explore that aspect, one can see where it could lead to.

If we look at other 'free-market' areas that have the tentacles of government entangled throughout we can see the damage that can be done. Look at Fannie and Freddie-Mac. Look at the whole of mortgage lending. Most of the major problems occurred at the very hands that are now shaking their fists at such a market; quite ironic it seems. Congress lamented for the mortgage lending industry to get more and more people into owning homes, reducing regulations and reducing best-practices.

Making that connection, I personally can see how a government that not only under President Obama, but under Former presidents Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, and Carter; along with their Congressional cohorts have been trying to engineer society. Social engineering by a central government has never, nor will ever be sustainable or conducive within a free-society.

Once the central government has entrenched itself into the health-care insurance industry, it will begin dictating policy. To think otherwise, is being naïve and blind to history. Why use an EO to create a board? Why not call upon doctors, the proud individuals of their practices form a board that can provide best-practices to the government? Why not harness the power of the People, as JFK did when we went to the moon? Instead, we are yet again, creating more and more bureaucracy to muddle the halls of government.

In summation, that is how I believe people are making the connection between this EO and their freedoms. The freedom of the individual is dying while the collective mindset of a delusional faction is trying to yet again create a utopia on the backs of everyone else.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You want me to state reason's why a think-tank was created to help America become more healthly? Well that's pretty easy....Uh...Most obese nation on the planet? We have a crap ton of smokers in this country....Basically we are a very UNHEALTHY country...and THUS are spending A LOT of YOUR hard-earned tax-payer money on people who are unhealthy. The goal of this Advisory Board is to suggest IDEAS to the President to help motivate and move America in a more healthy direction......

Sheesh.

Okay. Where to begin, here? Think Tanks have been used in American Policy for decades now. Remember that little thing called "Project for a New America" that was headed up by Wolfowitz and ole Richard Cheney, there? Yeah, it was written during the Clinton Administration and then as soon as Bush got elected, much of their work was implemented through Executive Orders that are criminal at best. So yes, historically, Think Tanks have had negative repercussions, especially when they have been implemented into policy.

Also look at the end of your last statement where you say "help motivate". What do you thinks going to happen when the American people are not motivated to go along with the program? A mandate? Or do you think, since they now own you through government interventionist "healthcare" that they won't start cracking down on their investment. What do you think?

Explain the French and Italians for me. I've spent time over there and they drink, smoke, have a good time and yet they are pretty healthy. So....hmmm.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

And how do you think they plan on "motivating" people?? By asking nicely?? You sir are being rather naive.

Health is a personal choice and a matter of opinion. You think this is OK because you deem the problems to simply be smoking and broad generalized obesity. What will happen when they go too far in your eyes?? What happens when they realize they can save 10 bucks by deeming something you enjoy as unhealthy?

I've said this in every thread on these subjects and I'll say it again. People need to stop forcing others to conform to their ideals because one day someone will come along and force YOU to conform to theirs.

The problem is the fact that anyone is paying for anyone else in the first place. If you can't afford it, then tough. It has never been anyone's place to pay for anyone else.

If the government was worried about covering the uninsured they could stop sending billions and billions to other countries in aid money.

This reeks of socialism.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
BO has mental illnesses. Please read the article from the American Thinker Website, where A Shrink Asks: What's Wrong with Obama? Article dated June 15 2010.

It explains a lot, but the Bilderbergers will just throw him away when his usefulness is gone. Then Soros can pick his next purchase
(I mean person), (I mean puppet)!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Omama is going to destroy as much of this country as he possibly can.
It doesn't matter who is pulling his puppet strings. We all know that certain wealthy and powerful people on this planet want to control every breath
we take, no matter if it is the Bilderbergs or Soros or obamas mama.

Obama knows he is toast next election. He doesn't care though. He is
doing what the power elite want him to do. Obama will be followed by
another idiot, but one thing is for sure. Obama is going to destroy as much
of this country and our constitution in fours years as he can. When did
any of us in this country believe we would see a "czar" (sp?) for all of
the government jobs in this country? That is communism.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I'm sorry if I think that Obesity is a problem in America and it needs to be fixed? I don't like that my countries economy COULD be doing better if people simply stop eating JUNK food and actually exercised.....
So since your 19 year old butt is in shape, obesity is cured rather simply, eh?

But, since you are a smoker, quitting is hard, right?

You seem to be sure, from one of your later posts that I have never smoked....

You could not be more wrong, I have smoked more years than you have been alive.
I do not smoke any more. I am aware just how easy it is to quit.

I am also aware of this.... You tell me that common sense has nothing to do with this.

I don't know what kind of whacky upbringing you had as a child, but in the world that I grew up in, COMMON SENSE tells me that lighting something on fire in forcing the smoke from that fire into your lungs IS NOT HEALTHY.

Every time I lit a cigarette and smoked it, I was doing something that was stupid. That is why I quit.

Do yourself a favor and deny ignorance.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join