It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Issues Executive Order Mandating "Lifestyle Behavior Modification"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Damn this guy for trying to help people live longer! Damn him!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Here's the link to the text of the actual EO:

Executive Order

This EO creates a council on public health. It holds no authority outside the Federal Government. They can't force you to quit smoking or drink less beer. Out of context much? I say this as a staunch opponent of Obama.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by projectvxn]

[edit on 14-6-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

it starts with help and then it's just "here let me do this for you", like if someone is taking too long to to something and another person just does it for them.

Tell us how to be healthy as they poison us every day!?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is shady, his agenda.
smoking cessasion..well the government obama still alows Nicotine, 5 imes more addictive than heroin to be sold over the counter* is that our fault?
diet and nutrition..is it our fault yuor industry laods the food with sodium, known and documented cancer causing aditives, fluoride and that chemical found in baby bottles, tehy also use in aluminum cans? eating organic is expensive compared to gentically altered food, which in Monsantos case, ahs always been found to make people sick* governemnt standards once again.
mental health* i work in a high stress retail company. i know a guy who had 3 engineering degrees!!!! he snapped at one point in his life, and all he is capable of now is stocking cans on shelves. i damn near snapped 2 times myself, thank god i controled it, no thanks ot corporate americas practices of management
how does this implement into a system that will try to break your personality down?
excersise...someone is born obese its not thier fault. they cant really excersise,. what about those people? seems like theyve been neglected lately. seems like this is for healthy people yuo preffer* not the forgotten ones.
thiers nothing wrong, for what its worth, with any of the agenda list, in one sense. the thing is, its morally and ethiclaly wrong, to make someone to do someting they do not wanna do. its kinda like saying, say thiers a draft. someone with stage 1 or2 lung cancer or emphasima comes in reporting for duty. you cant fix that, well providing governemnt or CDC or whoever it is quits beating around the bush and lets the antidote publicly available* you would simply push them aside n forget about them, favoring the already healthy ones. its kinda discriminative dont ya think

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Wow sounds a lot like Kim Jong-il and the way he runs NK or the the Twilight Zone---"We control the vertical; We control the horizontal"! The NWO is speeding things up...because they know large numbers of people are waking up and the news is spreading fast!
You have a good point,
it was "The Outer Limits" that controlled the vertical and horizontal, though.

I just quit smoking, now I have half a mind to start again!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
IM pretty sure with all that oil in the gulf form deep horizon sinking, is gunna make alot of people healthy for this agenda
or that sewage spill in canada ir ead, for years some large, some small quantitys of chemcials and raw sewage have seeped into local waterways. and it was kept secret* makes ya wonder what else is wrong with everything around ya* if it want for teriffic websites like this ATS, conspiracy theorys* most of us would have been kept in the dark, as you guys in washington sem to wanna censor it so bad.

this sounds kinda like when hitler got the yuoth recruited or the false fotoage of what was going on in the death camps. look its fun! everyones doing it! join the winning team all... the death camps were shown the jews laughing playing having the bet of times and comfort, at least to the public.
in reality, well we all know the truth: ( i visited Auswitch in 1992 on vavaction in souther poland...man i wanted to cry my brains out. the point? yuo should always question authority* before jumping on the wagon...it might lead/take you down the wrong road in life

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
forget the oil Spill
his administration couldn't even handle Cash For Clunkers!

History repeat itself, this is how Stalin was too.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
ATTENTION ATS, MR. PRESIDENT, CONGRESS

I, Mr. Wendal, have signed an Executive Order in my home mandating "Break my foot off in your arse" so please come to my home and Modify my behavior.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
History repeat itself, this is how Stalin was too.

[sinister mid-european accent] I think you'll find that when Mr. Stalin put his mind to it he could be quite ............ effective. [/sinister mid-european accent]

BP oil spill? Let's see if killing a few officials doesn't speed things up a bit.

Don't like healthcare reform? I'm sure Siberia will cool them off.

Ahhh, lobbyists...now there's a bunch of low life parasites if ever I saw one, lets have them do some collective farming inside the arctic circle, we'll check on them next spring, or maybe the following year.

Just a little bit of perspective might be useful.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It honestly has nothing at all to do with that. It does have to do with infringing on freedom of choice. As well, it has to do with, as stated between your post and mine, the fact that companies like Monsanto have genetically altered so much of the food supply to contain within the very genome of the crop pesticides which we consume. It has to do with the fact that the FDA puts harsher restrictions on American born crops and growers than they do on foreign importers, which use mind altering chemicals such as growth hormones, and allow these products to ship right into the country with limited checks.

If the government actually wanted to do something useful to make the populace healthier, they would now or long ago have removed such things as flouride from the public water system.

This is not a tactic to help people live healthier, it is an invasion of freedom. It is just one tiny little step of government control introduced into each persons life that removes yet another freedom. It is this snails pace of control designed to eventually dominate the people and change a free society into a ruled society.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
How many of you actually went to the .gov and READ THIS.

I'm all about publishing the "elite" agenda and being the media, but not EVERYTHING the U.S. government does is bad...

This may lead to further use of implanted chips but the laws are already there. This is a bunch of politicians getting together and hopefully making a change to our education.

Could it be bad? Sure... does it even look that way? No. Read the Order.

Whitehouse.gov

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
lol@ your own executive order and foot in arse lol had me laughing, along with the clash for clunkers
its funny but true!!!
heres my idea..if this ever get outta control and imposed on us, we should whored in groups on highways, main streets in city capitols to the white house, not in anger...but carrying gallons of gatorade with us, handfuls of twinkies and mayo bologna sandiwches, and the highest fat content of ice cream we can find!! it owuld make weird news, but hey would spread a fun message in a non threatful way!!! back off*

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
hmm this in no way is to create or impose this to be enforced. so why are they at the table taking your private health lifes in interest? it can open doors and loopholes in the future so it is imposed* usually thats how it works. i jsut dont, like this council. i mean, they cloned animals made synthetic life now, breaking the laws of nature and god, and would lvoet o take vitamins away from us. just make me nervous when they gather behind closed doors ya know

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This thread/story is a great example of reading comprehension run amok at every conceivable stage.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think it's not gonna be something imposed...

they're just teaching little Johnny about glorious Monsanto - prepping the next generation.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Um, I'm calling BS on this. And you know it. But then again, as long as it's anyone but Bush writing the Executive Orders, it doesn't matter right?

[edit on 14-6-2010 by justinsweatt]

[edit on 14-6-2010 by justinsweatt]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

Pardon? I don't like Obama at all. It's time people forget this partisan nonsense. If Bush signed this order, I would give him credit. I understand people have a right to kill themselves with junk food and cigarettes, but someone doing something to make people healthier is a good thing

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Pardon? I don't like Obama at all. It's time people forget this partisan nonsense. If Bush signed this order, I would give him credit. I understand people have a right to kill themselves with junk food and cigarettes, but someone doing something to make people healthier is a good thing

No, you still don't get it.

The key word that causes the issue is "make". The government wants to "make" people be healthier, instead of just offering information or guidelines.

Make = force = loss of even more freedoms

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

No it's not. The road to hell is paved with "good intentions" as has been said before. You can't "make" someone be healthy if they don't want to. Again, Roe V. Wade will apply here, in my opinion, in a legal challenge. If you have the right to terminate a life, you have the right to poison your body.

Also, having someone direct health initiatives who is in the back pocket of pharma companies for vaccines and Monsanto is not exactly what I would call a paragon for making the public "healthy".

You should want to be healthy

Being forced to do something or creating a taboo in something doesn't fix the problem either. People in this country should have learned that with Prohibition and the ridiculousness that is the drug war.

Here's a radical thought: leave people alone?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

No, you still don't get it.

The key word that causes the issue is "make". The government wants to "make" people be healthier, instead of just offering information or guidelines.

Make = force = loss of even more freedoms

Better yet..........

The President smokes cigarettes!

Let the good doctor heal himself first!

[edit on 14-6-2010 by butcherguy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join