It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Issues Executive Order Mandating "Lifestyle Behavior Modification"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Obama Issues Executive Order Mandating "Lifestyle Behavior Modification"

nannystateliberationfront .net

The President’s desired lifestyle behavior modifications detailed in Sec. 6 (c) focus on:

* smoking cessation;
* proper nutrition;
* appropriate exercise;
* mental health;
* behavioral health;
* sedentary behavior (see Sec. 3 [c]);
* substance-use disorder; and
* domestic violence screenings.

Making matters even worse, if that is even possible at this point, President Obama will create an “Advisory Group” composed of experts hand-picked from the public health field and various other areas of expertise “outside the Federal Government.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Wow. Just Wow. What is the deal with guy wanting to micromanage every facet of every day life for Americans.

I know people always trot this guy out as some sort of "Constitutional Scholar" but I'm wondering exactly how he reasons that this is okay? I'd fight this all the way to the Supreme Court under the guidelines of "Roe Vs. Wade". My body, my right, hands off. If you can abort a fetus, in my mind you should be able to smoke a cigarette, or a joint, or have a beer, or engage in orgies or what have you.

This is just absurd.

nannystateliberationfront .net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
He's just power-tripping and getting too pen-happy writing up new laws to criminalise innocent people with. He'll be voted out next term anyway for his awful managing of the Gulf Crisis.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD49
He'll be voted out next term anyway for his awful managing of the Gulf Crisis.

And then the next guy will do the exact same thing, they all do the exact same thing, They have been doing the same thing since Adam told Eve she shouldn't consume the fruit of the tree.

It's the main personality trait of politicians, religious fanatics, cops and public service jerks, the only thing these arsebandits are better at is setting up structures to try to make do what they want you to do.

There are always going to be jerks who try to tell everyone else what they should or shouldn't do, it's up to you weather you listen to them or not. They only have power over you if you do what they say instead of doing what you want.

[edit on 14/6/10 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

The only reason he studied the constitution was to find ways to circumvent it and/or destroy it as our governing tool.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is what all good fascist/communist despotic governments do, if you really are still questioning why, go bone up on your history.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Gee. I always wanted the way I live to be mandated. I have yearned for years to live in 1984! Please, tell me what to do.

[I roll my eyes!]

Instead, let's be the ones we are waiting for and spread the abundance paradigm. The book is free on ATS media if you want to learn more. Check the link in my sig.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I read about this yesterday. Several sites are carrying it. The soruce is STRANGE.

I didn't trust it enough to label it news and don't see it as a credible site.

Ther is no by line and if a writer can't put his name on it then its Sorcha to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD49
He's just power-tripping and getting too pen-happy writing up new laws to criminalise innocent people with. He'll be voted out next term anyway for his awful managing of the Gulf Crisis.

Damage will be done, a la PATRIOT ACT type, substantial reform.

I've been seeing a creepy increase in the governments concern of the citizens "mental wellness". I think soon our government will try to terrify it's own people, not to boogeymen around the globe, but create a population that's terrified of it's neighboors and of itself in general.

(oh my god, im having these strange thoughts that conflict with my waking reality, I need to tell my health agent)

With the power of the internet increasing (and decreasing) our mental evolution, truth is escaping to ears like never in history.

There will be checks implemented by the World Magicians, to ensure the continuity of the matrix of course, and as always, the illusion will be opposed.

Just look out for the mental health reform.. they might bring people into centers based on paranoid ramblings, government contention, and other freedom of speech "violations".

With new media being cemented (face book, twitter, etc.) into the public mind, they are able to consistently track, tabulate and derive massive amounts of information from social networks, emails, IM chats, cell texts...

...then, studying this feedback, general memes (ideas) can be identified, I.E. , they can know what most of the people feel like and think about most of the time.

It may seem harmless, but the feedback the slaving masses produce is what re enters the machine, to create A MORE SATISFYING ILLUSION. Everybody should prepare themselves for an iteration of the matrix never seen.

Never has the veil been so expertly crafted, it is almost the new world I fear!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What's REALLY scary is how on earth will he include those of us to do stay fit, have our physical and mostly "mental" health well under control and live an active productive
lifestyle free of drugs and alcohol?

You know "we" will also need some sort of intervention!

Didn't they do this chit in the Dark and Middle ages via "questioning" until the person whose "stability" was outside the lines either died or confessed?

This is messed up.I like to think my feelings and thoughts might actually still belong to me?
Guess they are subject to change, reform,and additional taxes as well...I don't realy "own" them either.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

I think soon our government will try to terrify it's own people, not to boogeymen around the globe, but create a population that's terrified of it's neighboors and of itself in general.

...You're aware the USA has been doing this since the end of WWII, right?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

Here is the link

It's from the White House GOV site. Not a joke.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

I think soon our government will try to terrify it's own people, not to boogeymen around the globe, but create a population that's terrified of it's neighboors and of itself in general.

The red menace comes to mind, the threat was always of something foreign to america and it's people though. I'm thinking, afraid of your own thoughts type scenario.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

For anyone who's interested, here's the link to the actual language from the source:
Executive Order-- Establishing the National Prevention, Health Promotion, and Public Health Council

Like the vast majority of government documents, you can read it as either the end of the world as we know it, or just another layer of worthless bureaucracy.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

The red menace comes to mind, the threat was always of something foreign to america and it's people though. I'm thinking, afraid of your own thoughts type scenario.

The red scare was as much of a foreign scare as much as it was a domestic scare. People were afraid evil communist bastards were infiltrating our society. It was an absolute witch hunt. In fact it isn't much different than the new "home grown terror" thing, relative to the war on terror.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I find it rather hypacritical of a person who does in fact smoke, try to tell the rest of the nations people that they shouldnt smoke. I will be so glad when this guy gets squelched. He should be impeached for his treasonist actions against the constitution of the united states.

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release June 10, 2010 Executive Order-- Establishing the National Prevention, Health Promotion, and Public Health Council
EXECUTIVE ORDER

ESTABLISHING THE NATIONAL PREVENTION, HEALTH PROMOTION, AND PUBLIC HEALTH COUNCIL...

...Sec. 6. Reports. Not later than July 1, 2010, and annually thereafter until January 1, 2015, the Council shall submit to the President and the relevant committees of the Congress, a report that:...

...(c) contains a list of national priorities on health promotion and disease prevention to address lifestyle behavior modification (including smoking cessation, proper nutrition, appropriate exercise, mental health, behavioral health, substance-use disorder, and domestic violence screenings) and the prevention measures for the five leading disease killers in the United States;

source

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

The red scare was as much of a foreign scare as much as it was a domestic scare. People were afraid evil communist bastards were infiltrating our society. It was an absolute witch hunt. In fact it isn't much different than the new "home grown terror" thing, relative to the war on terror.

"infiltrate society", I envision the scenario where the people won't fear what's attempting to infiltrate, they'll be made to fear what's ALREADY inside their own mind.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wow sounds a lot like Kim Jong-il and the way he runs NK or the the Twilight Zone---"We control the vertical; We control the horizontal"! The NWO is speeding things up...because they know large numbers of people are waking up and the news is spreading fast!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I was gunna post a thread about this about a month ago...it seems obama is interested in our well being,a s i was bored and pondering on politics. I didnt post it, cause it sounded crazy* apparently i havnt been

its YUOR freedom of will and choice, what you want to do with yuor mind and body.thats what life is about, its full of choices to make* that is how you learn. The oresident/government telling us what we can and cannot eat , smoke is so unholy of wrong. whats next, when we can and cant have sex? or take the car out to drive?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well, seeing Obama can't manage something like the BP's spill, it is normal he is looking for something else to control to show he can lead.
He should try grasping at straws for a while...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join