It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-10,from China,I am proud of it

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
anyone who says china is a threat is on crack, we hacve lasers, stealth, cool guns, nukes, and pretty soon cloakinf, so hahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha

from the eyes of 15 year old.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yes processing raw digital data does take a lot of power but it necessarily means that the aircraft will process it all. The computers in it aren't just fast enough to do this.

You are missing the point. That is why the F-22 will have multiple processors to be able to do all the appropriate functions. If you think that the singular processor in the f-22 is superior to the p4 in a civilian computer, you are severely mistaken. The data also has to be filtered down before processed because it would take too much power to process it all.

The reason that the military chooses to use these processors because they have been modified to meet military specifications in its operating life and durability. The same thing happens in space. That is why when the hubble space telescope was launched it was using a late 70s processor design for processing the imaging, making it ready to send it back to the ground. After an upgrade to it a few years ago, it was replaced with a 486 processor, by civilian standards even then outdated, though it was 20 times faster at doing its job than the previous processor. They have been modified and have been tested enough to last in harsh environments or under stress while a newer processor won't do this.

In conclusion, the point i am trying to make is that Military processors are no way near as advanced as the civilian sector.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
devilwasp i also am a fan of the YF-23. She is a beauty

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
devilwasp i also am a fan of the YF-23. She is a beauty

you have good taste!
may u live until your a 1000

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by qwzxas
anyone who says china is a threat is on crack, we hacve lasers, stealth, cool guns, nukes, and pretty soon cloakinf, so hahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha

no offence but from a 16 year old's eyes its a rather diffrent view.
your 747 plane is only most probably a prototye. stealth isnt new ist old and doesnt mean ur invinceable. china has a cool gun its called the AKwhich has never failed yet.cloaking aye? doubt it.

D

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
china has a cool gun its called the AKwhich has never failed yet.cloaking aye? doubt it.

I don't know whether it's good or bad, but China's started moving away from the AK. The rifle they're starting to equip the army with is a Chinese made gun that looks kinda like the French FAMAS. Don't know what it's called though.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by qwzxas

no offence but from a 16 year old's eyes its a rather diffrent view.
your 747 plane is only most probably a prototye. stealth isnt new ist old and doesnt mean ur invinceable. china has a cool gun its called the AKwhich has never failed yet.cloaking aye? doubt it.

yes, very different. and about the cloaking , look around this website.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
umm frankly cloaking is gona take power and the power needed to bend light is kinda............large to say the least.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Devilwasp is right to an extent. Vehicles will definatly take power to cloak. But infantry are getting those cool new adaptive camoflague suits. But thats not true cloaking. But it only takes one MIA for the enemy to get a hold of the design for the infantry suits. So we won't have that advantage for too long.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I dont know guys, I dont think you arent giving china its due, as far as manifacturing power.. EVERYTHING is made there, now i know most of that is clothing and little trinkets and what not (well then again a lot of electronics are as well) bottom line is that we have lost our production muscle, and while yes mass production may not be a thing of modern war like it was for WWII, remember a WW is a WW and sh*t gets blown up, you are going to have to not only overwhelm your enemy but replace all your F'd up stuff faster than your enemy.

I doubt China would find it an easy task to make planes from their factories. It would take some major renovations.

The huge advantage for America is that this war is fought in China. After their air defenses go (which would not take more than a few months), they are screwed. Their air force does not compare to ours in pilots or technology. Those factories China has will be gone quickly enough.

1) Air raids never won a war, it always took grunt activity on the ground to get the job done.

The war with the Japanese eventually was reduced to just air raids. We ended without ever having to invade Japan, and they were extremely fanatical. I doubt the Chinese have that level of motivation.

We now have the ability to bomb China non-stop for some time. We can cut their country off from the entire world, destroy their crops, and bomb their cities if we have to. They wouldn't be able to support themselves after a while.

2) our pilots are just as raw as theirs for all im concerned, when is the last time we were in major air combat? I know we do mock training and excercises but anyone can do that.

Our pilots don't have much real combat experience against other airforces, but when it comes to troop support we have plenty. We have the ability to put our pilots in the air more then any other nation, and we have simulators in greater quantity and quality then the Chinese.

Most Chinese pilots don't even get to use fourth generation planes.

America has technology to cancel numbers, as well as superior training and equipment. The JSF will be great for battlefield support.

Large numbers were, and are overrated.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Hah it will be like shooting fish in a barrel and as sad as it is most americans need to shut up and support the troops i am american and soon will be joining the army but if i see my neighbor marching down the street saying he is anti war when i and alot of other fine men are defending his azz you dont feel good and wander wtf is wrong with him and the rest of the anti war and global peace idiots dont they realize we are a species that will never have totoal peace because its the way we are so they just need to grow up shut up and deal with the real world instead of whining like little B****!

Guess what, I went to the anti-war protest in NYC before the invasion and marched in the Veteran's Contingent. There were guys there who'd been in the Battle of Bastogne, Khe San, and Desert Storm. So a lot of us idiots marching in those protests have seen fighting and know its nature.

Go have fun protecting my right to get free gas and don't get hurt or killed. Just don't confuse protecting international interests and outright invasion of a sovereign nation at peace with with 'protecting' me.

D

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Maybe some of you should stop seeing China as a threat to the US, they might be, but there's every chance that China might end up working with the US. Now that would work great. If China could play a larger part in world politics the world could become a lot safer. US can kick terrorisms arse, and China could help spearhead and defuse smaller situations such as the one in Sudan, and that and do the peacekeeping.

It'd enable the US to get on with what they do best, free up resources, and the US won't have to worry about everyone bugging them about doing some peacekeeping.

[edit on 7/8/04 by D]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

i am american and soon will be joining the army

YES PLEASE! GO IN IRAK AND GET BEHEADED FOR THE BENEFIT OF MANKIND!

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Maybe some of you should stop seeing China as a threat to the US, they might be, but there's every chance that China might end up working with the US.

There is no doubt in my mind China will be a threat to American interests one way or the other. Just by growing more economically stable they're hurting the American economy. There simply isn't enough resources to go around when China is thrown into the game.

A modern China would severely threaten America's political strength, as well. Right now we can basically do whatever we want, and I don't see any government giving that up easily.

We may not go to war with China, but I think there will certainly be tension.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer

There is no doubt in my mind China will be a threat to American interests one way or the other. Just by growing more economically stable they're hurting the American economy. There simply isn't enough resources to go around when China is thrown into the game.

- um, the very fact that China exists at all means she is 'in the game' and always has been. It's just taken a while for the world to shrink sufficiently for everyone to realise it.

A modern China would severely threaten America's political strength, as well. Right now we can basically do whatever we want, and I don't see any government giving that up easily.

- It's a comforting illusion isn't it? But an illusion nevertheless. It still holds on the little guys and the up-starts but war with a major? Forget it. Too much to damage and lose.

We may not go to war with China, but I think there will certainly be tension.

- We all have too much to lose, we rely on each other more and more and we actually are each other more and more (if you don't believe me check out the ownership figures and learn how international financing works).

We'll tussle and yap from time to time, maybe even put on a show for those that sup up such foolishness but the fact remains that the big guys around the globe will no longer actually fight each other because they are each other now.

[edit on 7-8-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by necro99

No American troops have been beheaded in Iraq or Afghanistan only civilians! So get your crap facts straight Mr. PR

And china wil be best if it leavs the US alone IMHO.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

........And china wil be best if it leavs the US alone IMHO.

- and how about the US leaves China alone too?

Cos in terms of who is a threat to who, I say the US is way out there in the lead by a country mile right now.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by necro99

No American troops have been beheaded in Iraq or Afghanistan only civilians! So get your crap facts straight Mr. PR

And china wil be best if it leavs the US alone IMHO.

Who cares. Shot, burned or beaten to death, it's all the same. Just get killed. Become a war hero man!

[edit on 8/7/2004 by necro99]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
the russians copied the b-29 with out any thing save three planes, no work on big bombers before so i dont thinl its too hard to copy the f-16, im still unimpressed

They copied the B-29 so well that they even went as far a copying a patch that was put on the B-29 to cover a small hole. They were told to build them exactly like that one. So they did, patch and all! (History Channel)

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

- um, the very fact that China exists at all means she is 'in the game' and always has been. It's just taken a while for the world to shrink sufficiently for everyone to realise it.

You only have to look at increasing oil prices and demands to know what I mean. China's economy growing and becoming modern is eating up a lot of resources. The Chinese want to live like westerners, but doing that is impossible without the west losing what they have.

- It's a comforting illusion isn't it? But an illusion nevertheless. It still holds on the little guys and the up-starts but war with a major? Forget it. Too much to damage and lose.

The world is still ruled by force. America has more weight to throw around because of military strength. The western world became dependent on America during the Cold War to protect it from the communists. Just because you don't actually go to war doesn't mean physical strength is any less important. There's a reason America makes things like the F-22, and it's not to go fight extremists in the desert.

- We all have too much to lose, we rely on each other more and more and we actually are each other more and more (if you don't believe me check out the ownership figures and learn how international financing works).

We may become more tied economically, but socially there is plenty of divide.

American interference with Taiwan isn't about Taiwan. It's about keeping China in check. America will not, and can not back down to China on the issue. We will go to war over Taiwan because we can not allow China to throw its weight around and make us look weak.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join