It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-10,from China,I am proud of it

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by qwzxas
anyone who says china is a threat is on crack, we hacve lasers, stealth, cool guns, nukes, and pretty soon cloakinf, so hahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha

from the eyes of 15 year old.

no offence but from a 16 year old's eyes its a rather diffrent view.
your 747 plane is only most probably a prototye. stealth isnt new ist old and doesnt mean ur invinceable. china has a cool gun its called the AKwhich has never failed yet.cloaking aye? doubt it.

Think the AK's cool?? Don't get me wrong. The ak47 is probably the most reliable rifle ever built, but it's not so cool anymore!!!!

www.hkpro.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by necro99
Who cares. Shot, burned or beaten to death, it's all the same. Just get killed. Become a war hero man!

The American people care. I say again NO US troops have been burned beheaded or beaten to death. And they are heroes in my mind cuz they made the ultimate sacrifice.

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
- and how about the US leaves China alone too?

The US has no problem with china. But the Chicoms with their bulling of Taiwan are forcing the US to defend Taiwan and take a tougher stance.

[edit on 7-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashburn

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by qwzxas
anyone who says china is a threat is on crack, we hacve lasers, stealth, cool guns, nukes, and pretty soon cloakinf, so hahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha

from the eyes of 15 year old.

no offence but from a 16 year old's eyes its a rather diffrent view.
your 747 plane is only most probably a prototye. stealth isnt new ist old and doesnt mean ur invinceable. china has a cool gun its called the AKwhich has never failed yet.cloaking aye? doubt it.

Think the AK's cool?? Don't get me wrong. The ak47 is probably the most reliable rifle ever built, but it's not so cool anymore!!!!

www.hkpro.com...

That's nothing but a 30 shot pistol with a gigantic and useless cannon with all kind of pretty electronics. Wet that piece of # and it's useless. It won't last 10 years, not to say 57.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
absolutely agreed about the oicw necro99. From what i've seen on this post, your maturity and sensibility should get you member of the month!! give the man a medal

drfunk

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You never see reports in the mainstream media of United States soldiers been burnt or dragged around but I read an article a while ago and it said something about an attack on a US humvee and the marines bodies were burnt and the iraqi's tied rope around their torsos and dragged them around the streets beating the bodies with sticks.

anyone who can confirm this?

thanks,
drfunk.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Umm those were contractors NOT US soldiers! And it was on the news. Yeah real mature necro always spewing anti American PR very mature indeed

[edit on 8-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Umm those were contractors NOT US soldiers! And it was on the news. Yeah real mature necro always spewing anti American PR very mature indeed

[edit on 8-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

Interesting that people drop the first word. They were MILITARY contractors. They are hired arms to make up for the lack of fire power in Iraq. 1 in 10 men serving for our Armed Forces are military contractors. The enemy doesn't view them any differently given that they are killing them.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by oconnection]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by feindflug

Originally posted by AD5673

The U.S. has got missle defense and will probably shoot down any Chinese nuclear missle..

ahahahhahahahahahah *cough* wait ahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaahhahahahaha

US MISSILE DEFENCE IS IN THE GRAVE ALONG WITH REAGAN, i dont call couple of unproven uncomplite interceptrors in couple of years that supposed to shoot down scud copies a missile defence ok?

chinese missile defence is the most strongest after russia.

Do you honestly believe what your saying?
www.fas.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I doubt Westpoint would ike to admit that the US needs to hire mercenaries to do its dirty work.

Anyway, J-10, good plane for a homegrown, good place to start, keep up the good work China! The US may insult and deride you ( ie Westpoints insistence to refer to the chinese as Chicoms, as if he is some sort of military guru), but we over in the UK and elsewhere wish you good fortune.

Nice space program too

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Interesting that people drop the first word. They were MILITARY contractors. They are hired arms to make up for the lack of fire power in Iraq. 1 in 10 men serving for our Armed Forces are military contractors. The enemy doesn't view them any differently given that they are killing them.

How is it interesting? Its fact! They were contractors are not US soldiers. I don't care how the enemy views them, the enemy might view women and children the same way but it doesn't make them US soldiers. Umm..whats wrong with hiring private contractors in a war it has been going on for more than 2000 years.

I doubt Westpoint would ike to admit that the US needs to hire mercenaries to do its dirty work.

Dirty work? WTF are you talking about I would hire mercenaries too its better than deploying your troops when they are need in other places. Mercenaries don't have to apply to the Geneva conventions which is a good thing when you are dealing with people who think blowing their guts up will take them to heaven with 70 virgins

[edit on 9-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think you'll find any combatant has to apply to the geneva conventions Westy, otherwise how do you explain Mr Milosovic and Mr Hussein (neither military men) being up on charges of war crimes? Or those dudes that slaughtered muslims in bosnia, they weren't military, but they have been indicted by the Hague!

i really wish you would think before you opened your mouth, it would save on me correcting you every goddam night.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I never said anything was wrong with that. What is wrong is the perception the media is given this subject. When someone says contractor they think of something related to the reconstruction effort dealing with construction. Not in a military term. In a war zone one does not view one different when one is shooting & killing the person next to them.

I don't support these terrorist but I also don't support the media's lies either.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by oconnection]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Well there are both contractors for the US army which are mercenaries, and contractors for the reconstruction effort so people may be confused about which one the media is talking about.

Stumason mercenaries do not apply to the Geneva conventions because they are not part of an army representing a nation. They are private soldiers owned by companies therefore they are not uniform soldiers. If your country signed the Geneva conventions and you are a uniform solider of that country then only then do you have to follow the Geneva rules. Mercenaries do not fall under that category.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Well there are both contractors for the US army which are mercenaries, and contractors for the reconstruction effort so people may be confused about which one the media is talking about.

- Yeah and that's a deliberate confusion (how on earth are regular people meant to just know about this?) the media has done nothing to clear up is it?

Stumason mercenaries do not apply to the Geneva conventions because they are not part of an army representing a nation. They are private soldiers owned by companies therefore they are not uniform soldiers. If your country signed the Geneva conventions and you are a uniform solider of that country then only then do you have to follow the Geneva rules. Mercenaries do not fall under that category.

- Interesting quibble on a technicality there Westy.

But I think you'll find that the fact that these 'military contracted personnel' (mercenaries) operate within the overall chain of command out there which means they are subject to the GC.

.....unless you are going to claim they operate as complete independants? (which is just beyond credibility)

.....and, even if we do accept that you are indeed providing the actual rational currently being 'used' to justify breaches of the GC what the hell has the US come to - to be consciously and deliberately using these tactics, tactics fit for a 3rd world despot?!

I thought that was what you/we went out there to fight?

....and you aren't bothered by this? You think it OK?!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

-Yeah and that's a deliberate confusion (how on earth are regular people meant to just know about this?) the media has done nothing to clear up is it?

No its not deliberate the media just says they were American contractors. What difference would it make if they said they were US army contractors or whatever. No one deserves to be burnt and dragged.

But I think you'll find that the fact that these 'military contracted personnel' (mercenaries) operate within the overall chain of command out there which means they are subject to the GC.

No they are told what to do by the US military but they are not part of the US military nor do they represent the US military, that is why they do not have to follow the GC.

....and you aren't bothered by this? You think it OK?!

I personally am not bothered by the fact that missionaries don't have to follow the GC. Like I said in my other post having mercenaries that don't have to follow the GC is a good thing. Especially when you are dealing with people who think blowing their guts up is going to take them to heaven with 70 virgins.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Mercanaries have a number of advantages. Like Westpoint says, they can very well go beyond what an American soldier can. Breaking the Geneva Convention isn't a huge problem. If they do, America simply denies having any relationship. The situation is going on in Afghanistan right now with the whole private prison case.

You have to get tough with the extremists America is dealing with, because they won't cooperate otherwise.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
An EVIL SCENARIO

THE USA uses biological weapons on the Chinese to deal with the overpopulated nation.

The USA uses biological weapons on the Muslims so we can steal their oil.

Of course we aren't going to do it because the USA is the good guys, right?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
If there will be a war between US and China...the one with the best tactics will win in the end, In history even really small army's have defeated Great army's.

But maybe the Netherlands will take over the World....Legalised WEED everywhere

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   

No its not deliberate the media just says they were American contractors.

- yeah right, nothing 'interesting' about that oversight at all, huh?

What difference would it make if they said they were US army contractors or whatever. No one deserves to be burnt and dragged.

- who said they did? That was not the point under discussion. Why did you start raising that?

No they are told what to do by the US military but they are not part of the US military nor do they represent the US military, that is why they do not have to follow the GC.

- So you think operating under the US chain of command allows them to operate outside of the GC.

No doubt in 10yrs or so when it finally gets through with the leagl process of being tested you will be proved wrong (but you can bet the US gov will obstruct and delay that day as much as possible).

I personally am not bothered by the fact that missionaries don't have to follow the GC. Like I said in my other post having mercenaries that don't have to follow the GC is a good thing. Especially when you are dealing with people who think blowing their guts up is going to take them to heaven with 70 virgins.

- So this is what you have come to. From leader of the free world to 'my illegal tyranny is better than yours'. What crass degeneracy.....

.....and you wonder why europe has turned away from you (that is your right-wing that finds this kind of attitude ok) in disgust.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Of course we aren't going to do it because the USA is the good guys, right?

Yes if that makes you sleep better at night, then we are the good guys

Also we wont do any of that because its already been done in different ways

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join