It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanics flee Arizona ahead of immigration law

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
If you ain't got nothing to hide and your legal. Why run?

Perhaps Arizona knew EXACTLY how to stop illegal immigration after all.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Before I read through the entire thread, there were a few things that stuck out in the article:

Jorge Vargas plans to move to New York City because his air-conditioning business relies mostly on Hispanics. "My business is completely dead," he said.

Because we all KNOW it's SO much harder to hire new workers, than it is to move to the other side of the country. ESPECIALLY what with all those unemployed people running around and all.

Juan Carlos Cruz, an illegal immigrant who has worked in plant nurseries for 20 years, huddled with dozens of relatives over the Memorial Day Weekend in the backyard of his brother's Phoenix-area home to plot out the family's next move to avoid what they say will be harassment by police. Virginia and California are the front-runners. "If I were alone, I'd try to stay. But I have a family, and I have to find a place where we can live with more freedom," said Cruz, who hopes to move July 4 to blend in with holiday weekend traffic. "This is getting too hard." (Emphasis Mine)

Yeah, because it was WAY too EASY before! This is completely disgusting. They use and abuse the laws for their own gain, and have the unmitigated gall to COMPLAIN when the state they're LEECHING OFF OF cracks down! Do these people have no shame?

Apparently it is not enough that crime tends to follow them here, and that they're partially responsible for the breakdown of our economy, but we're supposed to bend over backwards to accommodate them as they do so? "

"More freedom" to these people must mean a place where they aren't 'bothered' as much by LEO... Forget about the fact that they're in this country illegally, all that really matters is that they can continue on their merry ways WITHOUT HASSLES. Gods forbid, that LEO might actually enforce the law... What a silly notion...

Chrono

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Chronogoblin]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by anti-evil2
are they going home *mexico* or are they just leaving AZ. if they dont cross the border then all that happend was you transferred the problem to another state...

You say that as though this is a bad thing. If the Mayor of LA is such a staunch supporter of illegal immigration, there is no reason he wouldn't want the new constituents. Maybe some of them will even contribute to his local economy; but for sure he'll get a lot more votes and keep his cushy job (though, admittedly, his paychecks may one day resemble the old USPS "Sorry we missed you, your package will be available after 9am tomorrow" notices.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I've said it once and I'll say it again to you Rockpuck,

The USA is the most darkest disgusting surge on this earth. May god have pity on your souls.

Kid killed in Mexico by US Border Patrol

And since your so smart I'm going to give you a little schooling in Freemasonry. Don't worry it's not your fault Masonry in America has become so commercialized and corrupted that it's no more now than a fast food boy scouts club. Your what I like to call a McMason.

First of all the reason why at Lodge a person should not talk about religion or politics is because it creates tension between brothers. Every Person has a right to believe what they wish and have their own views but they should be taught if they lack the common sense to know that the Lodge, a place where unity and brotherhood is held, is not the place to have such discussions.

Second Masons have secret ways of identifying themselves to other Masons, there are a few reasons for this. One is so they can discus their political views to the public no matter how idiotic, despotic, slanderous or vile they may be. No matter how far away from Freemasonry their views might be they can express them freely because they DON"T HAVE A DOUBLE_DAMNED BIG HUGE GREEN FREEMASONIC AVATAR revealing that they are a Freemason. You Fool!

For the love of Masonry Make a troll at least if your going to be expressing you profane garble on the Net.

STOP SOILING MASONRY WITH YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE!!!

If none of your so called McMason brothers have goodness, the heart or knowledge to tell you this than I have no choice but to be your good Samaritan. You are the reason why Fools are not allowed into REAL masonry.

I am not an initiated Mcmason, I am only a Freemason by heart.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
This is exactly what we had hoped for.

The chances of actually getting caught are one in a million, but the fear of getting caught gives rise to compliance with the law, and they leave - good luck Nevada and New Mexico (California can go hang).

Hey man, I'm in California and I completely support your law. Tell those criminals to GTFO of our country. I'm sick and tired of paying for them. One of my friends (white) was doing very poorly because of lack of work and tried to get food stamps. Nope, he couldn't get them, but the illegal Mexicans there with Gucci purses and their kids dressed in leather jackets had no problem at all getting food stamps. No joke, we saw it with our own eyes. How did we know they were illegals? We stopped them once they left the facility and told the woman to show us her identification. She had none. I told him he should change his last name to Rodriguez and then he'd have no problem getting federal assistance.

[edit on 6/10/2010 by pjslug]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

So it seems that the law is working before it even goes into effect. However, legal citizens are leaving the state, I'm sure, because of the whole 'racial profiling' scare, even though provisions are there to prevent it.

Sorry to hear the LEGAL citizens are scared.

It's also interesting to note that businesses are having to close because they can't afford (or choose not to lose profit) higher wages.

Awesome ! Glad to hear those business are going under !!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

You say it all, I would say more : less teachers less money going around .. .

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This is the most positive thing I've seen on ATS in a while! I am an Arizona resident and am glad that I will hopefully be able to get a full-time job now! Most of us here feel that this is a good thing. I suggest everyone contact your local government and get your state to adopt a similar bill! Power of the states over federal in action! Everyone that I personally have debated with who opposed the bill had not read it.
We are taking our country back!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Oh Noes me amigo!!!

Did you look in the mirror before you act like a prick for no reason? You're majority white, seen in your skin tone and facial features .. you insult someones ancestors (which had nothing to do with the topic or how he himself came here to the US legally) .. Whereas your ancestors came in a boat, you are the byproduct of some Spanish man mating with a native. And you have the audacity to insult someone elses ancestors.

Mexicans are morons. It could be the average 6th grade education they receive, or maybe something in the water .. but the level of intelligence is seriously in poor shape.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

The USA is the most darkest disgusting surge on this earth. May god have pity on your souls.

And yet Mexicans run to the US like rats fleeing a sinking ship. The only thing good to come out of Mexico is the taco. The rest could be washed off the planet and Humanity would be none the poorer.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

I have been a quiet, but voracious, reader of ATS topics for quite some time. Normally, the conspiracy or UFO posts. I'm not sure why I chose this post to reply to, but anyway....

Before I state my opinion of the Arizona issue, I'd like to say that I am a peace-loving, law-abiding, hard-working, civic-minded, tax-paying, etc....American citizen. I have neighbors of every race and creed, (or at least enough diversity to be nearly so). We peacefully co-exist. They are peace-loving, law-abiding...., etc too. I don't go and find causes to shout about or marches to join. They don't either, presumably. Everything I do, I do for the betterment of my children and my family. My neighbors are the same. They are good people.

I live in California and do not support the position of Villaraigosa or the LA City Council. It doesn't matter, really. I don't live in Los Angeles and they don't live in reality.

A few years ago, I had a new vehicle stolen. It was insured well, so I didn't lose much. We all lost a little, I guess. In higher insurance premiums, in the loss of security. I conceded it to "social" tax and moved on. I'm not saying it was an illegal resident who stole the vehicle, but it surely wasn't someone gainfully employed.

I'm actually a charitable man. I donate generously every year and rarely miss an opportunity to lend a hand. I do draw a line, though, in helping only those who are actively trying to help themselves. I don't consider having child number six and seven, when you can't feed one through five as helping yourself. I consider that to be eerily similar to the other excellent thread that led the home-page, re: Cordyceps. That is the action of a virus.

This problem of illegal siphoning of our budgets for schooling, health-care, food employment, welfare, etc. (ie, killing the host) has reached a crisis point at this crucial economic point in time. Something must and will be done.

I applaud Arizona for taking the first step. Hopefully, the nation responds.

I wish California had the courage and fortitude to take the same step.

What will occur when thousands of unemployed and desperate illegals flood into my neighborhood, threatening our security, our way of life and the well-being of our children? If there is not swift and effective police or government response there still WILL be action.

This peace-loving, hard-working, law-abiding, mild-mannered, child-rearing American citizen will be protecting HIS borders (my four walls) with my friends, Smith & Wesson. Bring it. There comes a point when concession is not an option. You have no idea what level of violence you will awake in us. Just because we have not chosen violence as an occupation, doesn't mean it isn't there. Threaten my children, once.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by thomas_

Here is the catch though, if businesses pay better, more people have money, and they spend more, which fuels businesses.

Indeed. But here is the real catch though... the damage has already been done and the world has changed.

Companies can't pay more while they are making less, so the whole "Ford" concept unfortunately no longer applies. Besides Ford didn't lived to see the globalization becoming a fact forcing bigger companies to compete with production costs of China and whatnots. Neither he was still alive to see the .com era.

If that concept would still be valid in a macro-cosmos like global markets US car companies wouldn't be in the situation that they are. And the whole thing would be easily reversible, something that it ain't.

Besides bigger companies are hardly the ones that employ illegals, they do in fact outsource things to China, India, etc as means of keeping afloat. But they outsource things for the simple reason that if they didn't their profit margins would be either too low, none or simply not on par with the expectations of it's investors/owners. It's global business not local charity work.

These companies that cant spend decent money on their workers can pay celebrities boat loads of cash to do endorsements, pay their execs embarrassingly exorbitant salaries, and throw money at political campaigns like there is no tomorrow.

Workers asking for decent wages isnt driving small businesses under. Big business is driving us all under.

How a privet company spends it's money it's up to the company, it's up to you to subject yourself to work or not for that company and up to you to buy or not that company products. If they are the one "driving us under" than we are the ones paying them to do so, it's as simple as that.

So in the end is our fault as consumers to allow such companies to exist and keep their businesses rolling.

And you're right "workers asking for decent wages" aren't driving small businesses under, they are forcing small businesses to hire illegal workers so they can keep operating.

The fact is people love to point their fingers but fail to recognize the fact that we as consumers are the ones to be blamed. Liking or not, accepting or not we consume more than we should, we are willing to pay more for less, and we are the ones helping to spin this sick wheel in which we are the losers in the very end.

It all boils down to one single word... consumerism.

If wasn't for that, these trillions of dollars that we hear popping each day wouldn't have been invented out of the blue just to allow the party to keep going.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

It's also interesting to note that businesses are having to close because they can't afford (or choose not to lose profit) higher wages.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

That's not the main reason businesses are closing.

Some illegals that were able to purchase homes during the boom using stated-income mortgages (liar loans) did "cash-out" refinances...sometimes several times.

They started businesses....restaurants, as well as construction related or landscaping related businesses.

When the customers dry up, the businesses have to adapt of close.

It happened on a large scale in Prince William County, Virginia...which became an "ant-farm"...watching the ramifications of cracking down on illegal immigrants.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
My ancestors are half Native American and half Irish.
Should I just shot myself or just go get drunk?

Technical detail everyone is forgetting...
The Dinosaurs were here first.
I'd like to see you guys argue land rights with a T-Rex.

Or worse yet. Aliens how up and say
“Uh.... this is our planet, all you humans need to leave now.
Oh you don't have space ships? too bad. Try jumping up and down.....
a lot.”

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Not to mention that Ford himself was one of the first ones to attempt to get rid of US production costs by trying to establish part of his company in the Amazon. Fortunately things went really wrong for him and the whole endeavor was a big fiasco, otherwise he wold have killed the "goose" himself ages ago.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
It should be interesting to see which ethnic minority you all hate next - once the level of hispanic immigrants drops sufficiently of course.

Maybe you'll go for the Chinese next eh?

Or perhaps anyone that lives in a trailor?

Or maybe anyone that local news outlets and politicians wish to target?

That's the beautiful thing about Nationalism and Fascism - it's all so predictable.

Parallex.

Illegal is not an ethnic minority.

I certainly like how upholding the law equates racism in your eyes though.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Mexicans are morons. It could be the average 6th grade education they receive, or maybe something in the water .. but the level of intelligence is seriously in poor shape.

Puff....

You could say the same about a good portion of the US citizens. Some don't even know where they are in a map or that the earth is round.

Leveling a entire nation by some poor souls that didn't found a place in their very own country of origin isn't fair. Specially since the US it self was built by the very same type of people but from Europe in a different age.

Or do you really think that the cream of the crop of Europe were the ones that came to the US?

Please... the US was a dump for fugitives and people that lived in #ty conditions in Europe. They've killed the Indians, took over their lands and established communities that later on with the help of UK, France among other nations aristocracies would become something that could be transformed on what it is today.

If Mexicans were so stupid and that level of intelligence so low and generalized they wouldn't be managing to cross US borders and even less steal your jobs and do them at least on the same level a American would do. Nor one of the richest (if not the richest) man in the world wouldn't be a Mexican.

A post like yours for me is the that shows a below average 6th grade education with a level of intelligence that is seriously in poor shape.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Unfortunately many people have not read the bill (ie: the president, attorney general, homeland security secretary, anyone involved with the Obama regime, most democrats, all liberals, and other assorted idiots) and thus do not realize that the bill absolutely does not permit racial profiling.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I read a lot of hate in the majority of posters,but reading between the lines seems they think this is going to help their state any,seems they think things will be status Quo,this sounds like a smoke screen for something else,plus the fact most of illegal's fall under federal law and Feds pay the states,so do the math,in same shape with less people IMO

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestyk7
Basic History huh.

You tell any LATINO that they have white in them and they will beat your ass.

Its like telling a white person that their ancestors were originally from Middle East/Africa since the oldest remains were found there and Civilization originated from there. Whites dont care about that for some reason they have this superiority complex that they think they came up all by themselves and STARTED ALL.

What language do Latinos speak?

I'll give you a hint, it's a European language. No, it's not Nahautl. Nope, not the Quechua language. Guessed it yet?

Spanish!

I'm not entirely sure, let me wiki it.... Yep, Spanish originated in Spain! So maybe you guys who hate white people so much should take it up with your forefathers, they live in Spain. They sailed over, killed a bunch of people, stole some gold, traded some slaves then had some se../rape with natives and out popped you!

Just because uneducated Latinos refuse to read a book doesn't negate the fact they have European or white heritage. Being dumb isn't a badge of honor, but it seems to be for the people with the daddy issues taking it out on Americans. Spain stole the land, stole the gold, and then left the whiners behind, probably because you sound like a broken record with an inflated sense of self-worth.

Maybe you should take it up with them.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by TylerKing]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join