It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanics flee Arizona ahead of immigration law

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
hmm this is interesting. does this mean white middle class americans will have to clean their own toilets and do their own gardening? and all the other dirty jobs nobody else wants to do?

Yeah, its going to be rough for all us rich spoiled Americans to have to clean toilets and garden. Sheesh. Maybe we should reconsider.

What you see on TV isnt the truth about America, you know. There are places in America that rivals the third world for squalor and grinding poverty. Homelessness is skyrocketing, families of all skin colors, not just brown ones.

Forgive us for coming to the conclusion that we need to take care of our own problems for a while, including the problem that our politicians are draining the wealth of this country off for their rich friends so fast its breathtaking. We dont need to worry about poor Mexicans. We need to worry about poor Americans.

And it isnt all whites who want the issue addressed. Poor people of all colors are competing for those crappy jobs the media tells you Americans dont want to do. I have a white housekeeper living across the street from me. Plenty of whites and blacks have left flyers hoping to get some yard work. Its tough in America right now. Especially for those who have little or inadequate education.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
It should be interesting to see which ethnic minority you all hate next - once the level of hispanic immigrants drops sufficiently of course.

Maybe you'll go for the Chinese next eh?

Or perhaps anyone that lives in a trailor?

Or maybe anyone that local news outlets and politicians wish to target?

That's the beautiful thing about Nationalism and Fascism - it's all so predictable.

Parallex.

This isn't about race, sir and or ma'am.

Sooner, or later, you're going to get sick of your uncle living in your house and trashing the place. Ya still love him, but he needs to get out if he isn't paying rent!

Where is the racism in that idea? Where does that idea REEK of brown people?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatpiino
I feel compelled to go off topic here: threads like this one are really taking ATS down a notch. The level of trolling and general idiocy displayed by some people here is crazy. We need to take a step back from denying ignorance so that we can first deny stupidity.

People need to look at the big picture and not single events, single laws,or single states that are just part of a political game.
And everything points to a plan, a conspiracy of sorts.
The NWO and the NAU.
You have been pwned.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wise Man

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Wise Man

This guy is a racist, in case anyone was unclear what one looked like. Despite popular opinion, they come in all shades.

And btw, Professor Racewar, Mexicans have had their fair share of squabbles with the tribes who really have a good claim on the areas you are claiming we stole from Mexico.

Why dont you go onto some of reservations and tell the Natives there that the land they are on belongs to Mexico? See how far that gets you.

Pointing out the resume of whites in America doesn't make me racist.

Why don't you go learn history.

Native Indians and Native Latino's who white people came to destroy are both same people race of people, despite what ever degrading labels you put on them.

No we're not. I don't know who told you that, but they probably lied to you about other things, too. I'd stay away from the Res if you're gonna try to claim it for Mexico.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
'Puter burped, double posted.

[edit on 2010/6/10 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This thread has been awesomely amusing! THANKS ARIZONA for enforcing the obvious!!! next plan should be for the southern states to get on board, then WA out west and NH out east and MN/WS up north. Squeeze from the left, right and north ,and a sphincter push south back across the border(for those that entered that way).

In regards to the "they are illegal but came for a better life..illegally" crowd, ill say this: when my toilet breaks in MY home, I don't bumrush my neighbors, I FIX IT and resume my spot on the throne.

Wiseman, I am astounded @ what I read from you, I lol'd.

The uncle tom thing was wow..but off topic. Black people in america(like myself) though being Brought here (mostly) in chains initially, are citizens of this nation and regardless of treatment, STILL will, have and are defending this nation, as we are citizens. We aren't all able to trace our exact location to africa, so we fought for our rights where we were brought to. And got it(mostly).

Now, if illegal immigrants (ethnicity irrelevant) adhere to, and meld into the american culture, CITIZENS of america would have NO ISSUES.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
i think some people are just upset with their current situation, and want to blame it on someone, something......some people need to re-direct their energy.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestyk7
You tell any LATINO that they have white in them and they will beat your ass.

I'm sorry, but you are incorrect on that part. I'm a US-born citizen (my grandparents immigrated from Mexico LEGALLY) with "Hispanic/Latino" ancestry, but I prefer to associate with my Spanish ancestors than with the natives in Mexico.

I would be glad to hear that someone considers me to be white. Unlike the rest of my "kind", I couldn't care less about Mexico. So I'll say it now:
Hispanics are NOT all the same. There is a minority among us that refuse to be grouped with the illegals, including my family and I (since I'm not related to ANY illegal). So please, don't put us all into one group, but I do understand everyone's frustration. I'm also tired of the illegals and want them out.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
And businesses would be forced to increase wages (or outsource, but I don't think you can outsource fast-food jobs, installation jobs, etc.).

The only problem is that increasing wages in the current economy is kind of delusional thinking. Given the current situation most that have their businesses based on cheaper salaries or target at the lower end of the spectrum would probably just close their doors and cease operations.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

Here is the catch though, if businesses pay better, more people have money, and they spend more, which fuels businesses.

The Ford company originally understood that to have a consumer base, you needed well paid workers. The idea that cutting the cost of labor is good for businesses is short sighted. As evidenced by the failing economy, despite the fact that real wages have been in a free fall since the '70's. If low wages meant successful businesses, we should be doing great right now. But it doesnt. You need a healthy middle class. You pull the rug out from under workers and you kill the goose that buys your golden products.

These companies that cant spend decent money on their workers can pay celebrities boat loads of cash to do endorsements, pay their execs embarrassingly exorbitant salaries, and throw money at political campaigns like there is no tomorrow.

Workers asking for decent wages isnt driving small businesses under. Big business is driving us all under.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

imo, blacks above all other races should be the most upset over illegal immigrants. Black (men specifically) have the highest rate of unemployment, and often because we underfund innercity schools, they are left in a situation that leaves them only able to do menial jobs -- most of which get taken up by illegal immigrants. But it good to see our Americans of all skin colors marching against these criminals.. something of course they will never show on MSM.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

This whole thing with the black folks is indeed laughable. I wonder if the white guys ever considered tracing their ancestors to get to their real origins. Because those who share that stupid mindset where blacks, Hispanics or whatever are automatically classified as not being "pure blooded" Americans sure are stupid enough to think that they are while being white.

If that's the mindset the only ones that should be allowed to say that they are true Americans are the Indians. All the bleeping rest were illegals that came from abroad at some point in 'recent' history and took over the lands that use to belong to the Indians.

If you've born in US soil you're American period. That's true for any other country as well.

But in the end anyone can pick their nationality as long as they manage to legalize their situation (papers) and keep living at that chosen country.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Wow,
the law is so effective that we should include in this law child molesters, criminals, homeless, drug addicts, drug dealers, unemployed persons, prostitutes, assassins, serial killers, psychos, corrupt politicians, abusive cops, alcoholics, evasive tax payers, pedophile priests...or just persons that look like any of the groups mentioned before...to see if they leave also.

Will be interesting to see the criminal statistics after that.

This could be heaven!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Not to mention that they were the first ones that were used (in the worst sense of the word) as the major workforce to help build the US and make it what is now. Without the blacks working in cotton, corn, etc fields in sub-humane conditions the US would never be what it is today.

And yet after all this time they are still marginalized had their access cut from a whole lot of things.

In fact slave trading (a bleeping abomination) was the foundation of several countries not just the US and yet their situation is the same.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by metalpr

Replace unemployed for greedy bastards and I'm all for it.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Parallex

The argument that this is a racist policy is racist in itself. It is the attempt to use the race of the most prevalent illegal immigrants as an excuse not to enforce our laws, which apply to ALL illegals.

Amen, and thank you for pointing that out. I am so glad that someone else on here is saying this also. If I were Hispanic, I'd be offended by the fact that the bill doesn't mention race at all yet everyone is directing it specifically at Hispanics as though they're the only problem we have. That in itself is truly racist. Via my retro-active 4th grade mind, I call this the "He who smelt it dealt it theory."

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wise Man

Wise man unless your referring to Russo/Indo Asian direct ancestral peoples, no one besides them can hold claim to lands as original "owners". Which is an asinine term in and of itself. Because peoples of such ancestry, would most likely be categorically opposed to "ownership" of land.

They had a legitimately proven migration pattern from a northwest to southeast to originally populate north, central and south America. If anything the last group to lay claim should be the "Hispanic/ Latino" as the majority of early "land grabbing" and social/economical crimes ( look to the native tribes of many current day south American countries) was perpetuated by this group and other Euro/Hispanic, and middle eastern based parties.

The only difference being it seems this attitude to conquer and "land grab" never really ended in the times of the native tribes but continues on. Guess they just didn't want to stop at Mexico, will they keep going till they reach back to Russia and Asia?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Karma. That's all that needs to be said.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
are they going home *mexico* or are they just leaving AZ. if they dont cross the border then all that happend was you transferred the problem to another state...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I welcome a law like this in Nevada. As a Hispanic immigrant who didn't run, jump, or swim my way in, I am tired of feeling like a chump for actually obeying the law.

Aw how cute. You did not have to run, jump or swim your way in. That's really somethen kid, really somethen.

Since your so keen on demonstrating that you arrived to the Great US of Wonderful A, legally, I wonder if you would care to share exactly how the hell your predecessors arrived to Costa Rica?

See, let me splain you something Lucy, because obviously you just don't know....

Cuba is a large Island, this means that it's a spit of dirt surrounded by water......Don't get mad at me, just listen......since Cuba is an Island surrounded by water, this means your Cuban predecessors in fact did JUMP onto a boat...maybe a small dingy....probably a raft as they were running from Castro (A Real Cubano) and SWAME their way Illegally into Costa Rica where anchor babies were dropped, perhaps your mother or father but definitely you were a Cuban anchor Baby in Costa Rica until you all mooched off enough to apply for political asylum in the US. Then the US took it's sweet, sweet, sweet time lethargically filing out the necessary documentation that would allow your hypocritical mouth spout nothing but self loathing on the Internet.

Give yourself a big Pat on the Back.

This is crossing Legally into the US...

Video made by Me...

VIVA MEXICO!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join