It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State Department's Worst Nightmare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

No joke hey. Incredible men those founding fathers. I've always admired them.

Here is another great American. Back when they really were our allies.

I still have loyalty and friendship to the American people. But I'm a free man. I bow to no king or president or general.

America taught me that. And I will always be grateful.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by belial259]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

I have my own line drawn in the sand and this Traitor has Crossed IT!

I thought traitors lie...This TRAITOR may just release the truth

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
You know what would be more interesting?

What other countries actually think about the US government and its hangers on and its 'ways'.

Now that WOULD be entertaining!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Every citizen should know what their elected leaders think and do.
otherwise how are they "the voice of the people"

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Here's hoping the operators of Wikileaks don't end up having a "nasty accident" anytime soon, or that they don't get bought-out in some way.

Everyone has a price.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Wow, huge news if it get's out.

I bet there some serious scrambling in the underbelly of foreign relations.

Maybe H Clinton will be exposed.

Imagine the American publics reaction, when we're already pissed about the Gulf, Economy, War on Terror, War on Drugs, etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

isn't it ironic that you have an animated gif in your signature decrying the internet censorship movement in Australia, while posting about how Wikileaks needs to censor themselves?

I see you calling this guy a traitor, and i see your Chris Crockeresque histrionics. But i don't see why you think the way you do on this matter.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

yeah, imagine reading Hilary's emails...

To the Israeli PM
"No, I can do it, Bill only used Monica because I had a cold"

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

America taught me that. And I will always be grateful.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by belial259]

Now if we could just get American's to remember this. It is made worse by what seems to be a complete absence of any decent leadership. The US isn't the only nation with this problem, either. Stupidity permeates the upper echelons of governance worldwide.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
reply to post by Zelong

I will leave this here so you can see the vision of one of our founding fathers here in the US.

Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one.
-- President Thomas Jefferson. 1743-1826

If a nation expects to be both ignorant and free, it expects what
never was and never will be.
-- President Thomas Jefferson. 1743-1826

[edit on 9-6-2010 by kdial1]

Thank you kdial1 With great pride I too am taken back by my Forefathers knowledge and Wisdom Fore-Seen.

President Thomas Jefferson #2, great quote but I'm sorry not significant here I can see.

President Thomas Jefferson #1, "give up freedom in order to gain security"
has significance here because If this Data gets released the crap will hit the Fan World wide and give Nothing More Than Internal problems at home, All Country's which means more lock downs at Airports, our City's, OUR PEOPLE'S RIGHTS. See I maybe on your side in my way seeing the Bigger Picture!

This is not a conventional war We the West have ROE's (rules of engagement) and we stick by them so in-fact these ROE's are OURS. Yes we Have Rules.

Zelong.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

....what.....government has secrets....noooooooooo.

Are you guys kidding me? Not everything in government can be transparent. There are going to be all kinds of secrets, especially in a government as convoluted as ours.

Stuffs bound to spill over.

Is this article and web sight reliable?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Big deal. This is nothing that can't be remedied with a nice disinfo campaign. How would anyone be able to verify the legitimacy of any of the information coming from this supposed leak? Who is to say the State Department didn't just make up a bunch of fake posts and then supposedly "leak" it themselves? Could be a mole hunt. Could be an attempt to identify counter-intelligence assets. Could be anything. Who is to say this 22 year old kid got a hold of anything he wasn't supposed to? He could very easily have been set up. He could be CIA working within the State Department. Most CIA covers are State Department, are they not? At only 22 years old, he's a young buck, a "disposable asset". He could be legitimate State Department, manipulated by the CIA. Or the NSA, or Army Intelligence, Naval Intelligence etc. etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If this guy really does have all these cables, and he really is under arrest by Kuwaiti authorities, don't you think they would have first dibs on the info? Especially if they offered to release him in exchange for it. Kuwait has been occupied by increasing American forces since the Gulf War, it would certainly benefit from having all of these secret cables so that it could understand and undermine whichever US plots it wishes to (and can have lots of juicy blackmail material too!) This information could also be sold to less US-friendly nations in exchange for goods, services or diplomatic favours.

In any case, we in the public will never hear about it and can only guess which of the US screw-ups in the next few years is the result of this super-leak.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yup! this souns just like the gary mcckinnon case. The governemnt here was sacred someone was intelligent enough to hack into thier files. In his case, it was UFO stuff. IN this case, its about the monstrosityes our troops have casued to innicent civilains over in the middle east, and want to sweep it under the carpet and hide it, aka just like the JFK files* We, the people are not supposed too know, as they go off overspending our tax money like king george of england, god knows what else our govenemnt is planning to do to us with 'the best of intentions'*
thier simply worried the public might find out the truth and want thier horror storys and murders kept secret*

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Yup! this souns just like the gary mcckinnon case.

Well we also have to remember this man was an American serviceman and he has an oath. To protect the country from all enemies, both foreign and domestic.

I don't see this as a violation of that oath anymore than I think Daniel Ellsberg was an unpatriotic traitor. Which is not at all.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

perhaps this 22-year old soldier's loyalty lies with his people and consitituion and not to his government master...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
reply to post by Zelong

perhaps this 22-year old soldier's loyalty lies with his people and consitituion and not to his government master...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by TheCoffinman]

Exactly, but it depends on the info. They teach you that you can obey orders unless you find it is a threat to your country you or someone else in your COC.

It is partly the fault of the government as well, this intelligence was on a Top Secret computer and they should be monitored at all times throwing an alarm when a file is moved or copied.

Off topic, I am heading to Greece here next month. Don't know where you are from but I am going to be all over Greece, we should meet up for some Beer!

[edit on 9-6-2010 by kdial1]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I hope the info is released and we can all download a copy ASAP! I kind of do hope there is some incriminating stuff in there that will cripple the elites

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Trying to stop laughing myself silly.

give me a minute....

First- he did commit a crime by releasing the information (according to the article he released classified video)

Second the diplomats are the ones to blame for being idiots. If you do not want anyone to know a secret do not let anyone else know.

Third- this kid is no hero, unless
a)disclosure of crimes commited by us diplomats
b)disclosure of crimes by foriegn governments

you will not hear much of his trial. They like to keep these things quiet.

As for wiki-leaks, freedom of the press.

Also I always thought it was benjamen franklin who said that. Either way I hope it fries the state department.

Odds call:
The documents will contain most of our allies secrets and few of our own.

Nice find if it is true...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by ripcontrol]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well he is actually in a war zone so technically under the UCMJ he might get the death penalty for this. If this is top secret info this has grave consequences to the nations security. We may see the internet go down just to contain this.... Blame it on a solar flare?

-Kdial1

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join