It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil from leak on fire?? Possible?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
looks to me like there are yellow pipes in the middle of the spill. On 1 camera it looks orange because of the camera and it's color correction? Just a thought put it looks like yellow metal you can see some of the rusty spots.

link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
But this does not look like it is consistent with lighting because it's too intermittent. If a light was causing this, everything in front of the light would light up.. that is not happening..

I just looked at the ROV feeds (the Enterprise appears to be offline), and I'm still not seeing Fire... I see what appears to be the dispersant, a lot of bubbles (probably CO2), and the yellow thing appearing intermittently through the cloud of crude.

Does not look like Fire... Optical illusion.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 6/8/2010 by Doc Velocity]

link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
reply to post by truthseeker1984

The last time I saw the actual dispersants was when it was coming out of a 1" wide hose.. not high volume compared to the leak. The dispersants look white when the light hits it.. maybe they are using different dispersants that look orange when the light hits it?

Could be, but someone had mentioned them using liquid O2. I wonder what it would take to cause a spark to ignite it? I'm on the fence about the whole fire thing, but damn....it really looks like the thing is on fire. I've watched the looping stream for a while now and on the left hand portion of the leak it is really bright orange, like fire. I'm going to send this to a few friends of mine and see what they can come up with. One is working on his PhD in Geology, and was actually interviewing with BP before this whole mess happened. Maybe he has some scientific insight that we don't.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Yep.. that is what I remember it looking like.. you can see the light reflect white.. totally different now.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
oh noes

holy smoke It sure look like it really is on fire has to be also they are pumping methanol into it which is flammable I am looking at ROV2 Skandi and towards the left of the screen

That's FIRE!

they better hope that BOP doesn't explode

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It may be yet another optical illusion but is anyone else seeing the faces of skulls in this video? I have screen shots and it looks very ODD to me?

LINK TO BP

If anyone else says yes, then I'm going out on a limb and saying they have opened the gates of hell!

-----

Taken this from LINK It seems my earlier joke about this being an attempt to open the gates of hell is a little bit too near the truth! READ the article - it all leads back to BP and Halliburton.

OK WHAT IN THE GATES OF HELL IS GOING ON????? Here we have VISUAL PROOF of hundreds of vehicles undergoing modifications by Pegasus International teams at their Reynolds AirPark facility, all indications of MaxIT information is that the process involved is basically making the vehicles ultra-modern “spy-mobiles” (the on-line google-earth picture was dated Jan. 2008, while the most current picture of May 28, 2010 -shows the spy-vans still on property.) We also now know that Dyncorp is now Cerberus, and they are tied to Pegasus International. So, what’s in a name?

Consider that Pegasus and Cerberus are both central figures of Greek (and Roman) mythology. Pegasus is the preferred mode of transportation for the pantheon of gods, while Cerberus — well — this is the mythical guardian of the gates of hell! What would possess anybody to name their corporation Cerberus???

This world is in deep trouble, it would appear.

Cerberus was the guard to the gates of hades, sometimes described as a dog or a wolf and the original “hound from hell”. Cerberus had three heads & its said a serpents tail, like the Chimera it was said to be the offspring of Echidna and the Dragon Typhon. This creature crops up not only in greek myth but also in ROMAN myth. Said to have been placated with honeyed cakes mourners would place them in coffins to appease the beast. Any spirit attempting to leave hades was said to have been torn apart by the savage guardian.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by theregonnakillme]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
watch this page with the mult cam... it still looks like a tank of some sort.. there is a ROV heading down right now, watch it as it moves over the spill
Viking Poseidon ROV 2

realitycheck.no-ip.info...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

I don't see skulls, but yes, you can say they opened the gates to hell!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

I see them... ya know, I am beginning to think of this thing as an evil entity.

There was a survivor of the initial blast and he said he had said to his buddy.. We are messing with Mother Nature here... this well DOES NOT want to be drilled.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by graaly

I just see empty water, but Enterprise ROV2 is doing something with a little yellow box.

www.sanaracreations.fi...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

look at the dpeth its not down far enough yet it just entered the water 10 mins ago.
2200 feet now

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
It may be yet another optical illusion but is anyone else seeing the faces of skulls in this video? I have screen shots and it looks very ODD to me?

LINK TO BP

If anyone else says yes, then I'm going out on a limb and saying they have opened the gates of hell!

[edit on 8-6-2010 by theregonnakillme]

I don't see skulls i do see fire though

maybe that's why the rov's can't close pressure bleeders further

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by graaly

nevermind this post, its to far away from the leak to see anything, no idea what they are doing with that ROV

Still think its a large tank and thats why the spill looks like it leaking more. Its being dispersed around the large tank, so it looks wider than it really is.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by graaly]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It's not fire. If you watch it closely, the "fire" never actually moves. Only the oil flowing in front of it.

There's something yellow/orange BEHIND the oil flow.

The oil is breaking up in that spot, so you're able to see through it to the object behind it.

Isn't the entire apparatus down there painted yellow?

That would make it appear orange-ish or fire-like when the light would shine through the oil, onto ithe cap/riser/whatever.

Just an illusion.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BRQuick

I thought the cap was white, but if you look at ROV1 you can see something yellow, which makes it look like fire from ROV2.

Edit: added links

Skandi ROV1:
www.bp.com...

Skandi ROV2:
www.bp.com...

[edit on 6/9/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Dear Doc Velocity

From Doc Velocity ‘The ruptured wellhead is more than a mile deep, where the temperature is below freezing, about 29° F... Only the intense pressure prevents the seawater from freezing. On top of that, there's barely enough oxygen down there to support Life, nevermind ignite a fire. The crude supposedly pouring out of the leak is a very heavy, very dense hydrocarbon cocktail — about the same density as the seawater — so it naturally disperses into the water column rather than heading straight for the surface.

Now, let's go back to 9th Grade General Physics for a moment... What is required to initiate Fire? Just three conditions are necessary:

1. Presence of a Combustible Fuel
2. High Temperature
3. Abundant Presence of Oxygen

Problem with the oil leak is that, while there's sort of a combustible fuel present down there, being widely dispersed into the water column, the other 2 of the necessary conditions for Fire are absent: High Temperature and the Abundant Presence of Oxygen.

Therefore, no Fire. — Doc Velocity “

Thanks for the reminder of the General Physics, nicely put however that look to me very much like fire.

Perhaps we have to look further into the General Physics to see what could possibly supplying one of the other two factors that might allow a fire??

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
oh noes

holy smoke It sure look like it really is on fire has to be also they are pumping methanol into it which is flammable I am looking at ROV2 Skandi and towards the left of the screen

That's FIRE!

they better hope that BOP doesn't explode

Yup looks like fire to me too. Here is my uneducated guess with no research to back it up...

-does not top hat have to be heated so as not to clog with frozen methane?
-what if they are injecting just the right mixture of oxygen and an ignition source to allow just enough methane to burn aiding in thermal extraction.....like convection?????

If i am right do i get a cookie?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well, if it's the Gates of Hell that have been thrown open, can't Obama just get on the hotline to his good buddy Satan and have a satanic mechanic come fix it? Surely Obama has done enough favors for The Horned One that he can call in a marker.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day
-does not top hat have to be heated so as not to clog with frozen methane?
-what if they are injecting just the right mixture of oxygen and an ignition source to allow just enough methane to burn aiding in thermal extraction.....like convection?????

I think the last thing they want is an intentional fire blazing down there, especially with a crude-oil recovery tanker on the other end of the recovery hose.

So why would they intentionally pump Oxygen into an out-of-control fuel source? Makes no sense. More likely, you're looking at compressed CO2 bubbles, leaking off the pressurized oil-dispersant line. Nobody in their right mind would pump Oxygen into such a situation.

I'm guessing that the big orange thing in the background is the receiving nozzle of the recovery hose.

There are intermittent gaps in the oil plume, revealing the orange receiver head, and that's what everybody is mistaking as a "fire"...

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
looks like fire to me.
orange not like the brite yellow.
maybe some other chemcal is helping it burn?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join