It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
PressTV are openly talking about WW3 and a "regional conflict" breaking out. I know they are biased at times but thats how serious this incident is.

link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I must have been on holiday or something

Because I don't remember the world-wide election that voted in israel as the Rule Setter, do you ?

Israel makes the rules ? And israel breaks the rules ?

So why do we bother electing national leaders ?

Why do we pay for governments and parliaments of our own ?

When we could dispense with all that and simply obey insane israel

Or maybe there wasn't a worldwide election which voted in israel ?

In which case, it should be brought before an international court and made accountable for its murderous actions .... and deregistered, stripped, all its stolen assets returned to their rightful owners ... and the name israel to be erased from history, from every book, movie, online forum, etc. Then a powerful body (similar to the ADL and funded by the same types) to be created with power to execute anyone who mentions the word 'israel'. Sounds good to me .....

link   

Originally posted by jean59
reply to post by TruthWizard

I am not swayed by propaganda.

I see the world in all its colors and am ashamed.
We live in a world of duality..that means there is always two side to every story.

but only one truth.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336
reply to post by Stormdancer777

One's manner of dress is hardly conclusive proof of membership in Hamas, an organization that, I might add, is the democratically elected party to represent the voice of the Palestinian people.

Second line.

OK but one would be somewhat suspicious now wouldn't one, when one takes into consideration this statement,

"If the ships reach Gaza, it's a victory for Gaza," Haniyeh told some 400 supporters after touring Gaza City's small fishing harbor, where several smaller vessels breaking the blockade have docked in the past. "If they are intercepted and terrorized by the Zionists, it will be a victory for Gaza, too, and they will move again in new ships to break the siege of Gaza."

The flotilla was still held up in Cyprus on Saturday. The flotilla organizers were negotiating with the authorities of Turkish Cyprus to allow 25 European Parliament members and a Holocaust survivor to board through a Turkish-controlled port in the north of the island, following a refusal by the Republic of Cyprus.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

What about Egypt?

This isn't just an Israelis blockade.

[edit on 093131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

So you believe people of conscience, worldwide, should NOT 'provoke'
mighty little israel by trying to take food and medical supplies to a people subject to genocide ?

You believe that people of conscience should simply sit back and allow israel to continue the genocide ?

And if people DO decide to try to help the victims a little bit --- that they are guilty of being murdered by israel ?

Okey doke. I get your message.

Next time you're being mugged, raped, robbed and kicked to death

I will not intervene on your behalf

Instead, I will obey the robber-rapists when they tell me to leave them alone as they finish you off

Because by YOUR logic --- if I try to help you .... I will be 'in the wrong'

And by your logic .... the rapist muggers are in the right as they kick you to death

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
First of all, as always, i have to say that i don't support almost any government around the world.

There are some people here saying that the ship violated the law by trying to break the blockade. Well, maybe this could be right, but does that give the Israeli army a reason to kill 19 civilians? As far as i know, when someone tries to invade some place, the first thing you try to do is to arrest the invaders, not shoot them.

That's the problem with the Israeli government. They have accumulated so many enemies since the creation of their state that they don't trust anyone anymore.

And about those persons that "looked like terrorists" inside the ship. We have to consider that people were saying that the army used tear gas to invade the ship, so maybe that's the reason they were using scarfs to cover their faces.

And another thing. We have to see what are the benefits of such action for the Palestinians. I mean, this event could really bring supporters for their cause from all over the world.

Its a sad day for a already sad world.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
An update - 10 of the 19 dead so far are Turkish.

There is a report, but not confirmed, that some of the dead were pinpointed before hand.

1000 IDF soldiers took part in the operation.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Nazis created Israel.

Israel created Hamas.

The circle of violence must never be broken.

TPTB must terrorize people to justify their feeling of being threatened, armed to teeth and using those arms whenever they wish.

Israel helped TPTB to destroy WTC on 9/11

Khomeini's dad was born in GB.

This system has been premeditated for centuries, millenniums.

Turkey's bag is full of crimes and atrocities.

This is a "normal" event in human history.

Nobody who wants to be free is allowed to live. Such people are against the authorities and must die.

This is the truth of our civilization.

It is only going to get worse.

I wonder what poor Obama is going to say. Between the oil leak and this blood leak, where will he hide? Let's see what this Nobel prize for peace laureate does...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

"If the ships reach Gaza, it's a victory for Gaza," Haniyeh told some 400 supporters after touring Gaza City's small fishing harbor, where several smaller vessels breaking the blockade have docked in the past. "If they are intercepted and terrorized by the Zionists, it will be a victory for Gaza, too, and they will move again in new ships to break the siege of Gaza."

I hardly see this as an indication that there were Hamas agents onboard the ships. What Haniyeh is stating is an unfortunate yet true fact - the face of today's politics is conducted by media manipulation. Every party will attempt to spin an event, and every tragedy can be capitalized on. It's cold, calloused and seemingly immoral, but that is the way the world spins.

But we cannot let the rhetoric cloud our judgment - let us look at the facts. As many as nineteen are dead, and many more injured. It took place in international waters, in violation of a parade of UN maritime laws. Blockade or no blockade, this puts Israel as the aggressor and the criminals.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Dock9

What about Egypt?

This isn't just an Israelis blockade.

[edit on 093131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

So you respond to questions by asking more questions ? Good ploy
That's what the bad guys in tv shows do

And wow .... you must be right !

And israel must be right !

Because Egypt (which, along with israel, receives massive chunks of American tax payers' money on regular basis to keep it in line with israel) is doing it TOO !

Wow again !

This is bringing back memories of childhood ! Back when whenever I was caught taking cookies from the jar ---- I furiously protested and justified myself by pointing at little brother and saying ' He took some TOO ' !

Fortunately, my parents heads were their own and not owned by israel

So when I tried that stunt ..... they reached for the wooden spoon and asked me what the hell did my brother's actions have to do with mine ?

And they asked the old chestnut: ' If your brother jumped off the bridge ... would YOU do it TOO ? '

And I'd shake my head

So now you can explain what Egypt has to do with ISRAEL's latest mass murder caper ?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If you claim all muslims are terrorist, yes there were terrorists on the ship. If you do not think so, there were no terrorists on the ship, only shocked and panicked civilians.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Sorry if I missed it , its late and I am tired , but what it the reported reason that Israel is offering up for justifying this act ?

Danny Ayalon, Israeli deputy foreign minister: "The organisers' intent was violent."

Source: BBC News

How much longer can Israel be allowed such a stranglehold on these people? They're KILLING innocent people, in INTERNATIONAL WATER, who attempt to deliver aid to Gaza.

INSUFFICIENT aid:

Israel says it allows about 15,000 tonnes of humanitarian aid into Gaza every week. But the UN says this is less than a quarter of what is needed.

Something has to give, does it really take MASSIVE loss in human life for these people to wake up???

link   

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says Israel's deadly raid on a Gaza-bound aid convoy marks the beginning of the regime's end.

'Israel nears end after raid on aid ships'

I won't take sides on this issue, especially in a forum which is clearly being monitored by SNIP, SNIP & SNIP.

I'll just say that this issue may push things over the edge...

[edit on 31/5/2010 by serbsta]

link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
An update - 10 of the 19 dead so far are Turkish.

There is a report, but not confirmed, that some of the dead were pinpointed before hand.

1000 IDF soldiers took part in the operation.

Yes, those are the sort of odds israel favours

1000 armed to the teeth IDF against geriatrics, kids and assorted unarmed people of conscience

link   
By the way, turkish governement (vice president) declared that the attack yesterday on turkish soldiers, where 7 were killed is linked to the attack on the ship.
This means, something very very serious is going to happen.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by deccal]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

source please... if so, thats crazy!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
By the way, turkish governement (vice president) declared that the attack yesterday on turkish soldiers, where 7 were killed is linked to the attack on the ship.
This means, something very very serious is going to happen.

Did he say anything specific about how it was linked?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My personal opinion is that the level of escalation after this incident would depend upon the actions that the Turkish PM Erdogan would take in retaliation. He has projected an image of a leader who could stand up to Israel and now he has to protect that image because Turkish civilians were killed in an Israeli raid. If he chooses to respond militarily, then in that case, the Turkish military will have to attack Israeli targets. Hezbollah, Hamas, Syria and even Iran could also join in the action. However, that would mean a potentially catastrophic regional war. Even nuclear weapons could be used by Israel.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
reply to post by deccal

source please... if so, thats crazy!

Sorry only turkish source, because it is a very recent declaration
www.hurriyet.com.tr...

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join