It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I think face covering in this manner is being done more and more lately, You see it at many demonstrations throughout the world.

I would think a good reason to do so is because many of these events are filmed by the authorities (and here by Al-jazeera) which could lead to arrests well after the demonstrations etc.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
so what do we know that are the facts?

Flotilla of 6 ships left cyprus
They were stopped in international waters by Israeli forces
Armed forces boarded atleast one of the ships
Several people were injured as witnessed in the video
Shortly after this "attack" a media blackout by Israel
Atleast 2 people have been killed

am I missing some?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Cool off period.

To many opinions were getting out of hand.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

They looked like Hamas to me,

www.digitaljournal.com...

Ok I'm done.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueballsD

Atleast 10 people are dead, 6 turkish nationals atleast. Other reports say 19 in total dead.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hope this mad movement will stop one day ! if israel cant stand peacefull aid ... so let use force to bring it in.

Im leaving the board for the day the hate growing inside me will lead to bad thing !

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Dolby_X]

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Dolby_X]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
sorry misunderstood.

[edit on 083131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The "gods chosen" have become the devils chosen thugs.How low will israHell fall? The US has to take the blame for allowing israel to run amok. The world has to get going on bringing israel to heel.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Don’t you see the Israelis always do something to enflame the situation every time there is any moving towards peace?

Remember what they did when the Biden visited. Now this action just when Netanyahu is to meet Obama!

Everybody knows Israel has been the South Africa of the times except the Americans and their unbridled support of Israel due to the Israeli lobby and whatever strange hold the Zionist Americans have on the US government.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dukeofjive
i have 2 beautiful daughters that might end up with this world going to the toilets, cause a few wackos cant accept others,

And that really is the big issue. Our children. What kind of world do we want to leave for them??? And that question is directed at TPTB who actually have the power to fix these problems.

P.S. I'm on the west coast too... Probabely not too far away.

link   

Sorry, should have said violations of T & C.

Mod's had warned several times and locked down for a time to let tempers cool.

link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

www.youtube.com...

Aaah at 5:40 on this video (pretty much a few minutes AFTER reporting injured people with head wounds and deaths on board the ship) and AFTER the white flag has been raised and AFTER it was announced they were still in International waters....

You see two men abseilling down and are then attacked by the passengers.

THIS almost certainly proves that the Israeli's are LYING when they said that their men were attacked first.

YES the crew are fighting back at this point, but this is AFTER the first deaths.

Hmmm!

[edit on 31-5-2010 by mr-lizard]

Pretty scaring movie man! It made me shiver. Seems a movie about the holocaust, but this time the israelis are the nazis! Quite sinister!
I'm outraged and stunned!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
So, lets see what we have here:
Israel, a hotbed of organised crime, state sanctioned technology theft and resale, state sanctioned identity theft and passport forgeries allowing them to send assassination squads into sovereign nations, nuclear weapons proliferation, non-compliance with UNSCR resolutions...etc...etc...

That sure looks to me like a rogue state by any definition.

Now add to that the murder of unarmed peace protesters (I know, it's happened before many times), but this time on a civilian vessel in internationa waters.

Yep, sure looks like a rogue state to me.
So, when are our own governments, or the UN going to grow a pair and take action? Do more than issue a few harsh words then get back to backing them in their criminal activity that flies in the face of international law?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I was looking to see if there was any mention of Hamas being on the ship and found this,

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

Somewhere, I reckon, Hamas chieftains are congratulating each other on a job well done. The Gaza peace ship affair, which reached a climax this morning when Israeli sailors boarded a ship and killed “activists” in a shoot-out, will undoubtedly go down in the win column in the terrorist organization’s war against Israel. Videotape of commandos putting little old ladies in Birkenstock sandals into a head lock would have been good (and apparently originally one of the propaganda aims of this delivery of unneeded “food aid”) but headlines featuring the line “16 Activists Killed by Israeli Commandos” are immeasurably better.

Just last Saturday, in fact, Hamas head Ismail Haniyeh made this strategy very plain when he told reporters, “If the ships reach Gaza, it’s a victory for Gaza. If they are intercepted and terrorized by the Zionists, it will be a victory for Gaza, too, and they will move again in new ships to break the siege of Gaza.”

Over the last few years, Hamas, controller of the Gaza strip, has increasingly discovered the joys and cost efficiencies of media war. If you’re lucky, a rocket fired from the Strip kills one or two Israeli civilians. Meanwhile a well-timed Al Jazeera or BBC videotape of Israeli military “atrocities” goes around the world. Increasingly Hamas and its international supporters have attempted to engineer such atrocity tapes; civilian lives are considered a small price to pay.

"If the ships reach Gaza, it's a victory for Gaza," Haniyeh told some 400 supporters after touring Gaza City's small fishing harbor, where several smaller vessels breaking the blockade have docked in the past. "If they are intercepted and terrorized by the Zionists, it will be a victory for Gaza, too, and they will move again in new ships to break the siege of Gaza."

The flotilla was still held up in Cyprus on Saturday. The flotilla organizers were negotiating with the authorities of Turkish Cyprus to allow 25 European Parliament members and a Holocaust survivor to board through a Turkish-controlled port in the north of the island, following a refusal by the Republic of Cyprus.

So was it a photo op set up?

Sheeese I am stressed out already this morning.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.

Ah Israel, showing its true colors as usual it would seem. I particularly love this little piece here:

Israeli warships stalked a flotilla carrying hundreds of pro-Palestinian activists, including a Nobel laureate and a Holocaust survivor heading for the Gaza Strip on Monday, edging closer to a naval showdown on the high seas.

That's right. The insane neo-fascist regime in control of that country is so out of line that it is willing to risk killing a holocaust survivor to stop this flotilla! Doesn't Israel use the holocaust to justify it's actions?

Really, the comparisons between a certain historical event and Palestine have been growing for a decade, but the irony of this situation has truly reached mammoth proportions now.

For those looking for a giggle:

CNN Int: Ben Wedeman: "It's a little hard to explain why it would be necessary to use this sort of violent measure"

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-5-2010 by D.E.M.]

That's right. The insane neo-fascist regime in control of that country is so out of line that it is willing to risk killing a holocaust survivor to stop this flotilla!

I can finally applaude 1 person for not blaming the "Israeli People" for the crimes commited by a government that was hijacked, the same as America and Europe.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausstar
Dad hits son
son grow up hitting his son
Germans hit Jews
Jew grow up hittng too
what goes around comes around
Sad!

It doesn't have to be that way. I saw my share of physical abuse growing up and my dad also hit my mom alot. I would never lay a finger on my wife and kids. It's just not right.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
www.google.com...

Ban called on Israel to "urgently" explain itself over the raid, which Israel's Channel 10 TV left 19 passengers killed and 36 wounded, many of them Turks.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by barkingdogamato

Sorry, should have said violations of T & C.

Mod's had warned several times and locked down for a time to let tempers cool.

TY barking I understand.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
You guys seem to want war.... Well done puppets... Because that is what TPTB want from us... Stuff like this happens to manipulate war...

The Knesesset are NOT Jews....

REAL Jews want righteousness.. No lies.......
We have wankers pretending....

Those who spin this are liars.. They ant this.. And they want to turn us against each other...

WAKE UP...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by Parallex

I think you are right. Something bigger is going on at the moment... Some of the "activists" were speaking Hebrew... Im going to go through the news clips and see if I can translate...

There seems to be a world wide thing with little bits going off here and there... Seems to be a concerted effort to start something big...

All of this division and hatred instigated by TPTB has born fruit in many of us.. And we all have fell for it.. Because its at times like this that TPTB use that fruit for their aims, which by the looks of it is to flushing the whole lot of us, no matter what colour we are, down the toilet....

I think Im starting to get you dude...

The reason some activists spoke Hebrew is because there were camp survivors on board and other Jews speaking against what the present sick right wing government is doing. Nearly 50% of decent Israeli voters didn't and don't back the current shower called a government.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join