It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Now I'm not for the isrealis but they do have some of the best Intel folks on the planet, lets say they picked up some traffic detailing that these so-called relief workers coming from cyprus had embedded iranian terrorists with them. It's one of the ways the Irianina trained terrorists operate. They always use human sheilds to work up the world populace. Its a proven fact. Example. The terrorists fire there rockets from a school whichis full of children, a mosque. Somewhere that has lots of civilians or non-combantants. This way if they get hit by retailation fire they can get on CNN or some other news saying the evil isrealis bombed a shool and killed dozens of children. Its one of the standard operation things this kind of urban warefare opts do. We in the west don't have this kind of mindset of using women & children as human sheilds. We consider it not an honorible way to fight. You have to think in there mindset. There going to fight dirty and only way you can win is to fight dirtier than the enemy. In this kind of warefare there are NO INNOCENTS, only casualties.

So I'll wager that embedded with the relief workers were hamas terrorists using this as a ploy. Yeah alot of folks will say I'm a cold bastard for writing this. Except this is how folks in that part of the world operate. The more killed the bigger the TV exposure, the more sempathy.

Its all Psy-ops. In the end it doesn't matter how many folks die. By all your responses the effect has already been achieved.

A sad day for the human race as a whole..

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Israel and Egypt imposed a blockade on Gaza after the Islamic militant Hamas seized the territory by force three years ago.

So Egypt imposed the blockade also?

So there was nothing illegal unethical, but not illegal.

No it is illegal.

Those are international waters Stormdancer777, they can't just drop down from a helicopter armed with weapons and start making demands like pirates. The blockade itself has been condemned for that fact and this incident makes matters even worse.

Again...these are international waters, they weren't even at Gaza yet.
90 miles away from what I read last.

If Egypt was as keen on being heavy handed in dealing with the blockade where were they during this raid?

From what i can tell it was only Israeli commandos.

- Lee

link   
if isreal will continue with this attitude you will hear more and more the name of Hitler around the world

link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
HAS NOBODY WATCHED THE SKY NEWS FOOTAGE OF THE ASSUALT!!

You see an israeli officer almost beaten to death with an iron bar. No wonder they opened fire. No sympathy

Mate we've got the internet we don't have to watch murdoch propaganda watch the raw stuff open your eyes, when people like myself and others stop supporting Israel it's an indicator that things have gone way too far, if I'm this pissed how pissed are the mobs in the big middle eastern countries.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWizard

Don`t let your emotion cloud your judgement..
The truth is the truth regardless.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Truth, if you look at the video and read all the last couple pages of this thread, on the video filmed by Al Jazzera, which was aboard the ship at the time, there is what appears to be Hamas terrorist aboard the ship.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well, Netanyahu just canceled his trip to the US.

One good thing about these social networking sites is situations like this. As horrible as the event was, it makes for less possibility of b.s. and the true events are more easily brought to light.

I am tired of Israel acting like a spoiled two year old, it's time for a swat on the behind, oh wait we are more civilized now (supposedly) a time out perhaps

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jean59

Don`t let your emotion cloud your judgement..
The truth is the truth regardless.

don't let government propaganda cloud your judgment.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
When will action begin taking place against these people, Kim Jong Il has got off lightly so far with the sinking of South Koreas Warship and now this.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Truth, if you look at the video and read all the last couple pages of this thread, on the video filmed by Al Jazzera, which was aboard the ship at the time, there is what appears to be Hamas terrorist aboard the ship.

please tell me what exactly does a terrorist look like???

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

One's manner of dress is hardly conclusive proof of membership in Hamas, an organization that, I might add, is the democratically elected party to represent the voice of the Palestinian people.

Second line.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

So you believe israel can 'decide' when something is a 'provocation' (like the nuclear subs israel has positioned off other people's coastline right now for example) and simply kill people for alleged 'provocation' ?

So if someone on ATS 'provokes' me ..... I can shoot them dead ?

Mmmmmm. Seemingly, if we follow israel's example, murder is a justifiable act

which is what serial killers believe

interesting ....

By the same token, then, Turkey or anyone else can decide israel is being 'provocative' and kill israelis. And we'll all say, 'fair enough' ?

And this is the new world ? Where israel is the Big Decider ?

So we follow israel's example and everything's ok. And israel won't whine when people do unto israel as israel does to everyone else ?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Seen the size of Israeli helicopters?

Whats to stop Israel, dressing up and throwing some douche bag wanna be from any one of their detention facilities?

International waters, technically its illegial.
Israel stated their intentions from the begining, you will not enter, so the aid ships knew full well what was going to happen.

Israel sent a clear message, we arent messing around.
Yes they are breaking the law, and they are under no illusions that they are 'DARING' other nations to act, or shut up.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer
if isreal will continue with this attitude you will hear more and more the name of Hitler around the world

Early 1930's Germany was bankcrupt but then found load-a-money to build up a war machine and Grandad bush was involved.

Can you guess why not just hittler but most germans turned on the jewish comunity after seeing what international bankers could achive without pullets.

Freinds one second, enermy the next as Russia found out, not once but twice in a single decade.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

US's response is
"unfortunate"

This will not make the MSM until it has settled down, wouldn't want the masses to get riled up ya know.

I can find one news story on the US's media...at msnbc...says 10 dead...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Flotilla bound for Gaza delayed

news.ninemsn.com...

One has to wonder if the ships coordinators were not as guilt of putting people in harms way.

news.ninemsn.com...

"If the ships reach Gaza, it's a victory for Gaza," Haniyeh told about 400 supporters on Saturday, after touring Gaza City's small fishing harbour where several smaller vessels breaking the blockade have docked in the past. "If they are intercepted and terrorised by the Zionists, it will be a victory for Gaza, too, and they will move again in new ships to break the siege of Gaza."

In Cyprus, organisers are trying to find a way to have two dozen would-be passengers, including 19 European legislators and an elderly Holocaust survivor, join the ships anchored in international waters off the island.

The Cypriot government did not allow smaller boats to ferry the group to the flotilla, Berlin said.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I have read the initial incident report and I have come back to say that I was too hasty in my defence for Israel. Unlike most ATS users when I make a mistake I admit it.

The way things looks, the israeli commandos were threatened upon boarding, and fired when they shouldnt have. They were attacked with weapons but no fire arms. I would understand if one or two people died which were assaulting an officer, but not 19. This was unprofessional of the commandos and sad loss. The activists are also at fault though and have inflamed the situations leading to this loss of life. They could have given the aid overland as offered numerous times, if their aim was the aid itself. The fact that they choose to run the blockade, shows a political statement. One which got people killed.

I agree it is a sad day with the loss of life, but I think a lot of the people who are blaming israel have never themselves lived in fear of invasion. People take their existance for granted. Not in Israel. The Gaza cause has been hijacked by terrorists leading to israel hitting out too hard when it shouldnt hit out at all. I cant say I blame them though. I dont agree with it but I can understand it.

I apologise if I used harsh words with some ATS members, but I get so frustrated at people who really have no idea what it is like to live in fear of the continuity of your country. Everything is so happy and predictable in your lives, stop and think what it would be like if every one of your neighbours had their guns aimed at you and told the world they wanted you dead. How would you react, what would you do?

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Pryde87]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I am not swayed by propaganda.

I see the world in all its colors and am ashamed.
We live in a world of duality..that means there is always two side to every story.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

In Northern Ireland this happened

British Army..... Best in the world

Too fu****g true, Israels life would be so easy if they'd watched experienced Empire forces calmly with self discipline take command of a unwinnable situation, 30 years later we have peace and parliamentary representation, tel the Para's and the SAS we were soft.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
RT just reported that the US gave "green light" to Israel before attack.

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join