It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I was wondering if maybe this was actually a cunning plan by some Arab group. After all it was clear that Israel was going to try to stop the Flotilla. So to fill the boats with civilians then shoot at the Israelis when the enter, causing a firefight and lot´s of "poor inoccent people" killed by bad Israelis would obviously cause condemnation of Israel.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

www.youtube.com...

Aaah at 5:40 on this video (pretty much a few minutes AFTER reporting injured people with head wounds and deaths on board the ship) and AFTER the white flag has been raised and AFTER it was announced they were still in International waters....

You see two men abseilling down and are then attacked by the passengers.

THIS almost certainly proves that the Israeli's are LYING when they said that their men were attacked first.

YES the crew are fighting back at this point, but this is AFTER the first deaths.

Hmmm!

[edit on 31-5-2010 by mr-lizard]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
OK.

This is a plea for sanity.

This is ATS.

It isn't Gaza.

It isn't Israel

It most certainly is not the place for blind stupid rhetoric and personal attacks on people.

I suggest, very strongly, that everyone contributing to this thread reads this

Wars are not won and lost on ATS, they are discussed

I suggest that you inwardly digest the message held within my OP there.

Any more personal bickering, overt racial baiting and mindless stupidity will be met with the full force of the Terms and Conditions, including account terminations as required, because frankly the staff have lost patience with the amount of warns we've had to issue in this thread already

This is ATS. We do civilised discussion here.

Take the rabidity off the board and do it elsewhere.

This is the final warning we're going to issue.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Wow, I have been reading for hours and I'll finally get to post my own opinion on the matter. Here goes:

First of all, I would like to address the issue of whether or not WE ALL just want to hate Isreal... propaganda... etc.

Come on, I try to be as neutral as possible. But this isn't the fist time Israel has committed such acts, and if the world ( or Turkey ) doesn't do something about it, it wont be the last!

Antisemitism

No way, I saw a bit of antisemitism but you cant really use that as a defense here. A very small percentage of the post were guilty of this but the vast majority weren't against religion. They were against oppression, war crimes, inhumane acts, war mongering and in general, international trouble making!

" The highly armed and highly trained Israeli commando's were only defending themselves from aggression " . " Warning shots were fired, the humanitarians should have complied " . " The passengers of the vessels were activists, looking for trouble " . etc...

LOL. International waters = freedom to do whatever they please so long as they abide by international laws ( which they were ). International waters = Israel had no business trying to tell them what to do, boarding their ship, engaging and killing. International waters = Even if they had arms and pointed them at, or even engaged any aggressor trying to board the vessel, they had every right to do so. It's called self defense which is a concept that probably has no meaning to Israel anymore.

Conclusion:

Israel is a trouble making state. For years they have been begging to get their asses kicked and I hope it happens, I wish it could be resolved by peaceful means but it cannot. It's just not going to happen. They need a good ass whoopin!

On a side note:

I did some consulting work for an organization whos IT supervisor was an Isreali with a green card. The guy was one of the worst human beings I had ever had the displeasure of knowing. Rude, ignorant, conceited, the whole works.

A few months later I got a call from that organization and offered a really big contract because the guy was sick. As it turned out, he wasn't actually sick but was hospitalized because he finally pissed off the wrong people. He was in the hospital for weeks and even when he got out he couldn't work because his mouth was wired shut for an additional month or so.

Sad story but it happens. Lesson to be learned?

We have be better than that, we have to be work hard to fight off the negativity and try to be better people. And I'm talking about human beings in general. I try really hard to be a good person, it isn't always easy but it IS ALWAYS REWARDING!

Grow up Israel, have a heart man!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Mr Lizard

At exactly 2:11 , 2:12, 2:13, in the video, a masked man with a black cap and a black mask over his face walks into the video. Actually there are two.

Looks like they have swords, who are they?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

this video
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 083131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 083131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Compulsionist
I'm a pacifist , I would never hurt a fly ...

But I would cut away a cancer in a heartbeat.

The world needs an operation to remove the cancer called Israel.

I think I fall under that same category. Well said brother.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
At exactly 2:12 in the video, a masked man with a black cap and a black mask over his face walks into the video. Actually there are two.

Looks like they have swords, who are they?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

At 2:12 I Now notice who you are talking about. He is wearing a life jacket like the rest of the crew. The Israeli's didn't wear lifejackets.

He is probably an armed crew / passenger member wearing middle easter headwear. That looks more like a pole than a sword. Freeze farme it at 2:15.

ALSO

Aaah at 5:40 on this video (pretty much a few minutes AFTER reporting injured people with head wounds and deaths on board the ship) and AFTER the white flag has been raised and AFTER it was announced they were still in International waters....

You see two men abseilling down and are then attacked by the passengers.

THIS almost certainly proves that the Israeli's are LYING when they said that their men were attacked first.

YES the crew are fighting back at this point, but this is AFTER the first deaths.

Hmmm!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It is interesting how some people continue to defend every malicious act committed by the Israeli government. Surely, most of the Israeli people are good people and merely seek to live a peaceful live, just like most Palestinians do, it shocking though, that some people find reasons to once again explain away a criminal act like the attack on this flotilla.

It is not so long ago that I saw a show on TV. It's about a reporter who interviews random people at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport and it often results in very interesting and emotional stories.

Last week, it was about a Jewish (Dutch) woman whom had survived a concentration camp. After the camp was liberated, she moved from the Netherlands to Israel, to help building a state for the Jewish people, where they could finally live in peace. However, she was not heading back from Amsterdam to Israel - she had moved once more from Israel to Sweden.

Why? Because Israel was no longer what she expected it to be in the first place. She especially noted: the way our government treats the Palestinian people reminded me too much of things I never wanted to think of again.

Yes, there are Palestinian terrorists, but it is Israel that sustains and feeds terrorism. If one would take away your basic necessities of live, greatly constrain your freedoms, wouldn't you be angry? I can see why terrorist organizations such as Hamas enjoy a great deal of support. If only Israel would allow the Palestinians to build up their economy, give them back their freedoms and destroys all illegal settlements, there is a real chance of peace. Not just that, Israel would enjoy a great deal of foreign support if they would be attacked. No country close to Israel has the military that could beat the Israeli military.

The sad reality is that the Israeli government does not want to genuinely commit itself to a peace process. Why? The benefits are to marginal for it. Destroying illegal settlements would create great unrest internally while it would simultaneously end the Israeli expansion. At the same time, it is easier to deal with prisoners (the West Bank and Gaza strip are the prisons) than with a free people.

In addition to the Dutch Holocaust survivor example, there's a holocaust survivor on of the flotilla's ships... If even these people openly disagree with the way Israel acts, couldn't there be something really wrong?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Yeah, I saw the guy in the black headscarf, wouldn't call it a mask though. It's just traditional Arab headwear.
Further back in the thread, someone mentioned all the "Bandanas" worn. I couldn't post back because the mods locked the thread, so here goes.

The Kafeyah (sp) is a traditional Arab head scarf. The reason so many people are wearing it is in solidarity with the Palestinians. It is not a terrorist symbol or identifier by any stretch of the imagination. Even British forces have them because they are a useful and versatile garment. Even a lot of Bikers I have seen in the uK wear them as scarves. I was even considering getting one too, in muted colours, for my stealthy woodland and heathland wildlife photography sorties.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This will be managed as public relations just like this was:

Jan 11th 2009:
"We categorically deny the use of white phosphorus."
"There is no use of white phosphorus..."

Jan 24th 2009:
"Yes, phosphorus was used... but not in any illegal manner" : Yigal Palmor, Foreign Ministry Spokesman.

Monday, 1 February 2010:
Israel has disciplined two senior army officers for the repeated use of white phosphorus.

Israel lied and it is documented in main stream media.
No one can or will do anything about it.

Forums act as a safety valve/release for anger and feelings. No real action will come of it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Pentothal]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Wow this is a big one, ive been up all night, (west coast canada), its amazing how people react so differently about a topic this hot, i am sadened that in 2010 human behings are still treating each other in this manner, i just hope that some good can come out of a terrible thing, we will never all be together on the same page but come on, a terrible act was commited and we should mourn the dead, not bicker on who is to blame, because nobody will ever believe the same truth, we all start the same, we all bleed the same, whats really scary is that i have 2 beautiful daughters that might end up with this world going to the toilets, cause a few wackos cant accept others,

oh and sorry for my grammar english is my second language

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
After watching this latest drama from israel, I can only assume they are doing all that they do because they are lacking as a race....

They said on BBC news that the israel govt has banned "cement" from Gaza, Cement FFS. They found things like glass, cement and building supplies and therefore THIS! is enough reason for them to kill 10 people on board. I only hope that someday the palestinians remove them from the international stage once and for all......

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Black scarf covering their faces?

The men don't usually cover their faces do they?

Here is a likeness.
www.jenniferhanin.com...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
And so the BS begins
www.jpost.com...

Defense Minister Ehud Barak said in a press conference on Monday that while he was sorry for lives lost, the organizers of the Gaza-bound protest flotilla were solely responsible for the outcome of the fatal IDF raid earlier in the day. Fifteen activists were killed and dozens wounded in the violent clashes.

Yes it was the 'organizers' who pulled out the guns

Barak said that the soldiers tried to disperse the activists aboard the ship peacefully but were forced to open fire to protect themselves.

Yes they wanted to 'disperse the activists' like over board and into the sea and thats why all the peace protestors were wearing life jackets, no silly me it was just a cover so the suicide bombers could hide explosives.

Never mind the force used they had no right at all to use any force at all and will seize every bit of film fottage they can to twist the truth and if that does not work then they will use fake fottage to turn a wrong into a right.

Forget free nelson mandela lets have a free the people of garza song in the top 20.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
In my opinion this is the best excuse for war with Israel. Can the west really back the Israelis if war breaks out? It is an act of war; how could we possibly drum up enough support for a war based on our ally's aggression?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I've been following this all day since it started. Now I've got to get some sleep, I think I will sleep in the room with my boys tonight. I need to be with them as this insanity is making me scared for their future.

I hope the world goes sane overnight. I hope there's a world still there tomorrow.

link   
reply to post by Britguy

The mods locked the thread?

Why?

link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by mr-lizard

Black scarf covering their faces?

The men don't usually cover their faces do they?

Here is a likeness.
www.jenniferhanin.com...

You're assuming that all the men onboard the ship are from one culture. When in actual fact there are hundreds of people on board all from a variety of cultures , backgrounds and no doubt sporting various fashions.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Passenger list of Freedom Flotilla

link   
Dad hits son
son grow up hitting his son
Germans hit Jews
Jew grow up hittng too
what goes around comes around
Sad!
Remember no one went to war with the turks,why! because they were # scared,remeber what happened to the British and australian,They got Slaughtered.The Greeks & yugos 400 years of slave rule.If I were Jew I would use atomic bomb now,or you will have no chance against the Turks.You just dont know what your up against.Your head has grown too big and it will fall off.So be very carefull or the turks will chp it off.Good luck.Let history not repeat.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

It got locked because about every other post was breaching T&C's

They did so to give people a little time to cool off apparently.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join