It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
If I remember correctly, the blockade is in breach of a UNSCR resolution and the UN does not recognise Israels stated authority in Gazan waters. Nevertheless, they regularly harass Palestinian fishing boats and block all access.

Egypt doesn't get involved in the sea routes, just the land routes and it's government is becoming mighty unpopular with the people for it's lapdog attitude towards Israel.

Yes, that was exactly my point.

The Egyptian government is seen as simply being paid off and going along with the blockade while not enforcing it with extremist behavior and the bloodshed of civilians. They are also ignoring the fact that Israel has.

Lets not forget that they did allow hundreds of thousands of people seeking food and supplies from Gaza to cross the border into Egypt for 11 days.

Egypt has also managed to convince Israel NOT to close the border during cease fire violations.

If they really wanted to show solidarity they certainly could have been on those ships alongside Israel.

Nevertheless, enforcing a blockade via land routes through your own territories is a lot more reasonable than acting like thugs in international waters that don't belong to you at all.

That is a tragedy and the issue I am pointing out.

- Lee

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Isreal has a right to protect its people and borders these shis were warned from the outset not to try to crash the blockade,this was the result they hoping for not silent acceptence by Israel. There are rcogniseable channels to provide aid but that would not have given the same PR rating as for Israel not every fought a real army, Israel has always been at war thoughout its history they are probably the most battle hardened troops in the world worth 3 to one of any one elses army. And please lets stop using the innocent Islamics card its beginning to make me sick!!!

link   
CNN reporting on this right now, showing video from IDF choper cameras and the some of the live feed from the cameras on the ship as it was boarded.....

link   
Turkey's PM just called the event "State terrorism by Israel".

Strong, Strong words.

link   

Originally posted by DINOMAX09
Let's face it, we all know who owns all the major media news channels in the western world, SKY, FOX, CNN, BBC etc, all controlled by the Jews. We will only be deluged by their propagander as per usual.

We will only be shown what they want us to see.

Considering that both the Blogosphere, the liberal media in the US and the general media in Europe are more anti-Israeli this is an odd thing to say.

If all were controlled by Jews Im sure they could hide a little flotilla incident and also take care of having their own country.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magic Bullet
Isreal has a right to protect its people and borders these shis were warned from the outset not to try to crash the blockade,this was the result they hoping for not silent acceptence by Israel. There are rcogniseable channels to provide aid but that would not have given the same PR rating as for Israel not every fought a real army, Israel has always been at war thoughout its history they are probably the most battle hardened troops in the world worth 3 to one of any one elses army. And please lets stop using the innocent Islamics card its beginning to make me sick!!!

You got it all wrong in your first sentence

The slaughter of civilians by israel occurred nowhere near israel's CLAIMED borders

On the other hand, maybe you'd like to discuss the incursions on hourly basis BY israel over Palestinian borders ?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I am little bit relieved.
He was more calm and sane than i thought, because sometimes he can get out of control.
First of all he warned turkish citizens, because many jews are living in turkey and said that it is a state terror, nothing to do with jews or jewishness.
He informed that ships are captured and wounded are in army hospital. He demanded to return all of them, including corps immedieatly. He said, they will begin an international campaign to make an international court to judge everyone involved in this attack. He finished that a more detailed declaration will be made tomorrow, since he is still in Chile now. He was in Sout America trip but coming to Turkey without finishing the programm.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by deccal]

[edit on 31-5-2010 by deccal]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If you check out the passangers list it reads like a whos-who of international communism, leftism and activist-extremism. There is certainly another agenda happening here but its not what y`all think.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This cannot be hidden.
And somebody will pull sunken "Liberty" up and remember who sunk it and it was ordered by American president and executed by Israeli air force.
There is a lot of slit which will come up to float and lose invisibility.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

And?

Do the views that people hold make it alright for them to be fired upon, killed, or placed in prison? Has it come to the point where anyone holding a "communist" or "left-wing" viewpoint is free game to be treated as less than a person, with no repercussions?

There is no sin in idealism.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
If you check out the passangers list it reads like a whos-who of international communism, leftism and activist-extremism. There is certainly another agenda happening here but its not what y`all think.

Sure. Sure

And left is right

black is white

good is evil

up is down

etc

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The thread is getting out of hand.

Closed for 24 hours.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Because this is a very "HOT" current event that is happening right now I am going to give this thread one more chance to enjoy the civil, GROWN UP discussion we require here at ATS.

Anyone who posts in a manner that violates our TAC in any way from this point forward will be post banned immediately, no questions asked.

Carry on...

Springer...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
edit, never mind

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hopefully we can direct this thread into more of an updates thread. If you want to have the age old debate about Israel/Palestine here is not the place!

Anyway this is a really tense situation. Israeli and Turk relations are basically severed. IMO we are on the brink of something big.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I could say that Palestinian have luck that they don't need to deal with Russian because now we had been talking not about nineteen victims but about six missing ships which disappeared in mysterious condition. lol.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Isn't that what I just said would happen?

Springer...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

My bad. I guess I'm not really awake yet.

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join