It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I think that whether the soldiers reacted to knives being pulled, or attempts to take their weapons away, is actually a red herring.

Fact... ships were in INTERNATIONAL waters.

Fact... Forcefully boarding another ship in International waters is an act of piracy

Fact... the people on board were more than justified in defending themselves, from the 'pirates' and trying to disarm them.

Fact ... Firing on the people on the ship is also an act of piracy, and killing some of them amounts to murder.

Fact ... if an Israeli soldier got injured whilst commiting an act of piracy and being a party to murder, those who injured him were totally justified in their actions... This is based on the premise of self defense, and the right for anyone on a ship to defend themselves against those who attacked them in International waters.

In short, however Israel, or the MSM try and justify this... they can't

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It seems the Israelis are keen to do as much as they can to suffocate the Palestinians in Gaza, by not giving them the tools, help and aid that they need. I can imagine the "international condemnation" if this was Iran, but as it's Israel, it will only be words of "investigations" etc but no real punishments.

IMO, this seemed to me a genuine attempt by the convoy to try and get much needed help to the Palestinians whether it would be successful or not. Now if Israel saw this as a threat, they didn't have to use the force by actually jumping onto the ship and start using violence. I would assume they could have just surrounded the ship and prevented it from moving, and slowly defusing the situation but no, they have to bring up this "We were attacked" BS to justify making their way onto the ship. The intentions of the Israelis have to be brought into question IMO, there were better ways of solving this situation rather than going gung ho as always. They'll get away with it and everything will be forgotten about, as always.

link   
What I am deeply surprised at is that this incident runs along the same lines as the boarding/capture of the SS Exodus and the international condemnation of the British that followed..

I simply can not comprehend why they would place themselves in that situation, as they know the historical importance of such situations.. unless they wanted the worlds hate

----

Brief Details of the Jewish emigrant ship SS Exodus boarded and captured by British troops on the way to Palestine. en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 31/5/10 by thoughtsfull]

link   
Israeli defense minister about to speak live on TV. This should be interesting.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I am not sure why Israel had to board the ships in international waters.
What intel did they have? I have seen no reports of weapons on the boats.
Did they fear rocket or missile attacks as the flotilla neared Gaza not Israel.
Would the Israeli force not have searched the ships when they entered the
harbor and docked?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Hey can you keep us updated, thanks!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336
Has it come to the point where anyone holding a "communist" or "left-wing" viewpoint is free game to be treated as less than a person, with no repercussions?

Not at all. The point I was making is that these passengers have an agenda that goes beyond merely providing aid. There are some internationally well known book authors and public speakers there that are fiercly anti-Israel (and thats an understatement).

All Im doing is taking a closer look at the possible agendas involved.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Dock9

What about Egypt?

This isn't just an Israelis blockade.

[edit on 093131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

Do you mean coerced Egypt or bribed Egypt, once Israel got nuke weapons Egypt realised there was no winning and shrewdly chose being bribed and kowtowing to the Empire as a survival strategy.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
We need Jerry Springer to sort this one out.

So what is the probability of a turkish-israel war? How will this start/end?

Who will become involved?

Keep answers real.
No need to say it will end bad
or with rapture.

Looking for some military sense. Who has biggest army? Would the US just watch?

Would Iran and Hamas just shout from the side and hope Turkey defeats Israel without giving America a reason to jump in?

These are the questions I would like answered.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I will add that it is a fact that Palestine has received 8 Billion in international aid from 2007-2010.

So I doubt aid-delivery is being prevented - the flotilla must have another agenda.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hey1212

It's more likely that Israel will get embroiled in a war with Hezbollah and Syria than Turkey. Turkey would not risk all out war with Israel because when push comes to shove they would either face US forces or simply be nuked by Israel.

I would be very surprised if Turkey took any military action whatsoever.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And more facts:
Israeli humanitarian aid to Gaza

In 2009 -

738,576 tons (30,576 trucks) of humanitarian commodities were transferred to the Gaza Strip.
22,849 Palestinians exited the Strip, among them 10,544 patients and their companions, exiting for medical treatment in Israel.
21,200 international organization staff members entered the Gaza Strip.
4,883 tons of medical equipment and medicine entered the Strip, in 572 trucks, based on requests made by the PA and the international community.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Yes, Gaza recieves aid, but it is not aid that it desperately needs. Can you imagine a country being denied cement for years? As their homes and factories are relentlessly bombed?

The point of the flotilla was to provide 10000 tons of aid that is denied by Israel for whatever reason. Wheelchairs, Cements, Items necessary to rebuild things like the milk factories that have been destroyed.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I believe the murdering and slaughtering of the civilians on these ships was a planned and premeditated act by the Israelis. It didn't happen by accident because it somehow escalated out of control.

A Norwegian member of Parliament (Erling Folkvord) was prohibited from joining this convoy in Cyprus after the Cyprian government was heavily pressured by Israel to deny his access. I guess they figured it would be to much heat if they shot one from the Norwegian parliament...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
5 of 6 got inspected with no problem. Its obvious that the 6th TURKISH ship had terrorist on board that wanted to provoke the Israelis and anyone who can not see that is not denying ignorance but supporting it.

Gaza has been turned into a haven for terrorist thanks to Hamas and Israel has the right to try and stop the flow of weapons to them. You don't hear the West Bank Pallys starting trouble all the time do you? They most of them want to live in peace UNLIKE THESE MORONS ON THE SHIPS and the people in GAZA that Israel gave to them for peace. Israel has got nothing but rockets in exchange for land so they will never get anything from Israel again.

God bless Israel and her mighty armed forces.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Barak saying the soldiers boarded the ships but were attacked and thats why they responded. He hasnt said anything about why the ships were boarded 80 miles out which were in international waters. The reporter saying their were 3 Hezbollah munitions experts on the ships whatever that means.

Saying they made it clear that the humanitarian aid was going to be allowed to come through, but not in the manner being delivered. Saying they cannot allow the fre-flow of shipping to come through because of the rockets that Hamas uses.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Yes.

And here's another inventory of Israeli "aid" to Gaza within the past few years:

Over the period of 27 December 2008 to the ceasefire of 18 Jan 2009, it was estimated that a million and a half tons of explosives were dropped on Gaza Strip.

www.thepeoplesvoice.org...

Made in the USA. Service with a smile.

[edit on 31/5/10 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Right but I don't fully comprehend the situation over there. Is turkey not a nuclear state? What kind of fighting would syria do. Gorilla or all out war?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Originally posted by Someone336
Has it come to the point where anyone holding a "communist" or "left-wing" viewpoint is free game to be treated as less than a person, with no repercussions?

Not at all. The point I was making is that these passengers have an agenda that goes beyond merely providing aid. There are some internationally well known book authors and public speakers there that are fiercly anti-Israel (and thats an understatement).

All Im doing is taking a closer look at the possible agendas involved.

Well, they would not exactly be Israeli sympathisers if they are taking aid to the Palestinians now , would they??

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join