It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

are believed on reasonable grounds to be carrying contraband or breaching a blockade, and after prior warning they intentionally and clearly refuse to stop, or intentionally and clearly resist visit, search or capture;

I have yet to see any accusations or allegations of evidence (even from all the Pro-Israeli side) that ANY of these ships were carrying "contraband".

Breaching the blockade is obviously inapplicable here since they were in Int. Waters.

Please do prove me wrong, or at least try something better than regurgitating.

You are blind to reason from your hate of Jews and the nation of Israel.

Oooh the Anti-Semitic brush.

I'm scared.

[edit on 31/5/10 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Zeropoint
reply to post by bluemooone2

hmm interesting, anyone have anything to say about this video ?

Yeah, if I was on a boat and people dropped out of the sky and started shooting I would be tossing them off the boat too.

And for the guy who CLAIMS 4 commandos were killed, give us some proof. Every article I have read with Israeli sources says 4 were wounded only 1 of which was serious.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Although i must say, the operation by the Israeli navy/commando's was poorly executed, normally you would fast rope down the ship right at the bridge or at the back just behind the bridge..The went down at the maindeck into a lynch frenzy crowd...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Seems to me that law would be referring to an Internationally recognized military blockade during a declared war. Very doubtful it applies to Israel's blockade of the Gaza strip which is basically a province of Israel since the Palestinians have no state to declare war against.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatesHatriots
reply to post by tauempire

Jews and Israel are two separate things. Jews are ordinary people like you and me who practice their faith. Israel is a fascist state who's military murders innocent people and whose government sanctions it. Yes there are a lot of Jews in Israel but I doubt you would be accused of being prejudice against Germans if you said you hated the Nazis.

Wow, I only wish this would be applied to Muslims as well. Just because some misguided religious fanatic disturbs peace, should all Muslims get thrown under that bus. Seems like they are, at least in the USA. Hatred for Muslims is so widespread, it seems unreal that it may ever go back to peace and tolerance of that religion.

Strikes a chord though when the same happens to Israel though, doesn't it? Although, Israel is a lot smaller population with a much greater support for its government, compared to over a billion Muslims who don't support the views of the religiously misguided fanatical minority.

In any case, I am neither Muslim, nor Jewish and I agree with you that just because the government is fascist, its people need not suffer for it. However, you can't deny it's slightly comical when the tables are turned, how pro-Israeli supporters expect such common sense when they were nowhere near it themselves when common sense was called for.

Kharron

link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Thank you..
I am in istanbul. People are quite angry here, but still not any stupidness like directing their anger to jews living here. There are many Jews living in Turkey and the relationship between Turks and Jews are much much deeper than known. The situation is very complicated. Turkish army and elit class has a deep relationship with Israel since many years, but power changes in Turkey since some years to mild islamic party and hence to a rising new middle conservative class. It is now a question in Turkey whether army and governement will act together on this issue.

link   
Israel is an ally with itself.

Remember when it attacked a US ships and got away with murdering 34 American crew members.

The congress covered it up.

en.wikipedia.org...

link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Peaceful ship of aid workers . Yup cant imagine why they did not want this lovely ship of aid workers.

I can't imagine how you're attempting to justify the cold-blooded murder of 20 people, over some sticks & stones resistance to an illegal boarding of their ship in International Waters?

The IDF Sayeret Makal (Special Forces) see worse treatment in training.

It's absolutely ironic how a few dozen bottle rockets fired by Hamas that don't actually hit anything or a couple of dozen pipe-wielding peace activists are blown out into epic proportions as violent, radical instigation of war against Israel's national sanctity.

However, Israel levelling a village, blowing up a UN Ambulance, attacking aid convoys, using banned WP in residential areas, attacking journalists, etc...

That's just all small pennies. No big deal. Collateral Damage. Accident. Uh-Oh Spaghettios.

[edit on 31/5/10 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Also 4 Americans on the boats.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Du!! They gave them Gaza and they could have lived in peace like the West Bank pallys do now but they choose to constantly attack Israel. Relief tunnels, LOL You are such a joke. You know darn well they use them to smuggle terrorist and weapons into Gaza. Egypt has confirmed the weapons flow in through these tunnels and yet did nothing to stop them so Israel bombed them.

Except for the fact that while the West Bank Palestinians don’t take the same militant stance Hamas’s armed wing does, they still nonetheless have continued to suffer Israeli encroachment on their farms and villages, and violent campaigns by armed and organized paramilitary settlers that covet those lands.

Greater Israel is not retracting it is expanding, and while Gaza has absolutely been turned into an open air prison, the very walls that keep the Palestinians in, also keep the Israelis out.

So the West Bank continues to shrink from Israeli theft, while Gaza has simply turned into a shooting fish in the barrel prison.

That people locked into the most densely populated enclave on the face of the earth, one facing an illegal embargo imposed by an armed belligerent would be looking for ways to break that embargo and gain arms themselves?

You have to be kidding me right?

Israel has divided the Palestinian peoples into two enclaves under two different forms of management and is clearly waging a slow controlled genocidal campaign of depopulation against both, using two different styles of attack on each.

[edit on 31/5/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is way too much. The Israelis has gone too far this time. I dont understand why the UN or the US does not try to stop them !! I mean Israeli government again palestinian are like Nazis!! or even worst!!

Check this page guys/

www.ifamericansknew.org...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
riddle me this ,

they where on international waters when the incident happened

they "forcefully" ship them to israel and slam either deportation or prison while they wait for their sentences ,

how is that legaly even possible ?

edit edit

[edit on 31-5-2010 by zerbot565]

link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Hey Proto, I was waiting for your input on this mess.

How do you think the UN will react?

[edit on 31/5/2010 by MorfeuZ]

link   
reply to post by zerbot565

True but if you watch closly you can see that the soldiers DID have paintball guns,well atleast one of them did

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Those Israeli only know how to attack unarmed people. I mean its amazing how they always go with their tanks and gunships to the Palestinian Gethos to pawn them and the Palestinian cannot answer back.

This ships were carrying food, supplies, medicine!!!! Why boarding and killing the people on this ships?? Why are the Israelis so affraid of the "good" people!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
well it looks like the UN is having a Security Council meeting

"Israel has taken the ships to a nearby port to begin deportation procedures for the activists. It says that after inspection, the humanitarian aid will be transferred to Gaza by land."
www1.voanews.com...
So they just board a ship in international waters kill a few people then ship by land the stuff the Gazan's weren't allowed to have in the first place
Wouldn't it of been a lot simpler to let the ships dock and unload then use drones to provide over watch on what was coming in

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
By looking closely at these videos it seems that a portion of the activists on board the ship were equipped with non-lethal resistance (clubs, helmets, face mask etc…) so when the armed Israelis boarded the ship (illegally) they were met with non-lethal resistance and in turn the commandos responded with lethal force. Those on board the ship were prepared for non-lethal resistance. The question is: did the Israelis shoot before boarding or after they boarded and were met with sticks and clubs.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by soleprobe]

[edit on 31-5-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Israel completes towing of fleet to Ashdod

The Turkish-flagged ship carrying international activists bringing humanitarian aid to Gaza docked at the Ashdod port on Monday evening, nearly 16 hours after it was stormed by Israel Navy commandos in what turned into a deadly raid. The Mavi Marmara was the last of the six-ship flotilla to be towed into the port, and its 600 passengers were kept on board while Israel Police sappers conducted a thorough examination of the vessel.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorfeuZ
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Hey Proto, I was waiting for your input on this mess.

How do you think the UN will react? lightly or swiftly?

There will be a lot of hand wringing and posturing on behalf of the United Nations.

The truth is that the Powers that Be need the incident to shift focus away from the Gulf of Mexico oil spill and the failed efforts to cap it.

Chances are the Israeli soldiers have made some self inflicted wounds to substantiate their self defense story, even though it is not clear, why any military would arm boarders on the high seas with paintball pistols or how it is so many of those supposedly armed with paint pall pistols were suddenly able to switch to live fire.

The will continue to portray the people on the ships as being violent, because of a capability to meet limited violence with normal things that sailors would have at their disposals like pocket knives and crowbars.

Meanwhile of course they will fail to touch upon the fact that these do not make good force projection weapons at sea in relation to attacking other naval vessels with, or very good force projection weapons on land when arrayed against a highly mobilized, and mechanized, state of the art army like Israel has.

So even though the reality is that these ships were not bent on a violent mission or suitably equipped and armed for one, the Main Stream Media and the Israeli Internet Defense Force will stick to the “Smugglers intent on violence” twist, while ignoring the fact that no violence could have even occurred had the Israeli Military not confronted the ships.

All the while they will pretend that the only reason they stopped the ships is because they did not pre-coordinate bringing the supplies to Gaza with Israel, even though Israel has made almost no exceptions to lift the blockade it has imposed on Gaza.

They will use the “They didn’t play by the rules and got hurt because of that” stance, while the Israeli Internet Defense Forces and Zionist sycophants attack everyone who doesn’t adhere to the ‘spun’ story.

This will give Obama something to focus on other than the Oil Spill in the Gulf, and something for the Media to start gradually easing in the censorship and lack of news coming out of the Gulf, and a fun time will be had by all, but the Palestinians and the American people who seemed tasked to suffer along with them for the sake of the Powers that Be, and the tail that they use to wag the mighty dogs, that tail being Israel.

Another day on slave planet earth my friend, another day on slave planet earth.

[edit on 31/5/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If i were in that boat on international waters, i would fight against the invaders too. This is, in my opinion, against the law.

It's like on daily life. Let's supose that i'm driving down a street and someone comes out of nowhere and tries to beat me inside my own car. I've all the right to defend myself, because i'm on a public way (not invading someone's home, for example), and inside a personal property (my car).

That's what happened there. The Israeli army invaded a personal property (ship) on a public way (international waters). This is dead wrong.

Israel is using the whole "they were going to try to break the blockade" argument to try to justify it's actions, but it doesn't work out for me. So that gives me the right to beat the hell of a guy on the streets because i tought that maybe he was going to invade my house? Come on.

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join