It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Smears Obama's 11-year-old Daughter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I think it is more about the hypocrisy of Beck condemning others for attacking/ridiculing the families of politicians and doing it himself, or at least telling his co-host it isn't okay.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by jokei

Barbara Bush was a wife. GW girls were in trouble (Jebs were even worse) and Palin's kid is a teen mother. All well deserved.
Is the thing that David Letterman pulled on Sarah Palins underage daughter ok?

Yes, because she got herself pregnant. She is being chastised for her own decisions, not just because she is Palin's daughter. Sure, not every pregnant highschool kid winds up on the Late Shows, but they should! It is unacceptable, and it should be brought out in the open.

An 11 year old asking a perfectly legitimate question of her father is not something to criticize. It should be celebrated that she is paying attention and curious and involved. And it should be celebrated that she goes to her father for such answers. I bet Palin wishes her daughter had asked some more questions before winding up pregnant!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Oh thats fine.....attacking the bush family is O.K.

Attacking the palin family was O.K.

Attacking ANY conservative family member is O.K.

But mocking the presidents daughter or any other liberal family member?

FOR SHAME!

And im sure mediamatters is a unbiased news source

Also Obama himself used his daughter for politicle points.....i mean so many of you said it was all right to make fun of trigg palin because sarah palin used him for 'politicle gain'.

Come on guys...you cant have it both ways.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by jokei

I think it is more about the hypocrisy of Beck condemning others for attacking/ridiculing the families of politicians and doing it himself, or at least telling his co-host it isn't okay.

OR....maybe its just because its beck?

Come on you guys hate the dude and everything he stands for.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

Once again, like I said to another poster. It isn't about the ridicule of Obama's daughter. It's about Beck being hypocritical.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I totally agree Beck's actions were hypocritical, especially so because of prior statements of his.

As someone just mentioned, I don't think politicians or "media people" using their children for marketing purposes is ok either.

reply to post by getreadyalready

Ok man, thanks for that. Although I might disagree about Palin's daughter, partially. Yes a pregnant teen is not the ideal thing, but I don't think all the media attention on the poor girl is deserved. If I'd have been in that situation at her age I would have been under scrutiny by my family - to say the least...
but all the furore around it was undignified.

Edit to add:

Originally posted by tauempire
OR....maybe its just because its beck?

Come on you guys hate the dude and everything he stands for.

No.

I dislike Beck a great deal, probably not everything he stands for - I'm sure the guy likes beer.

It's not ok for anyone to do what he did. He just happens to be a current example of inappropriate, hypocritical behaviour.

[edit on 28/5/1010 by jokei]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I wish someone would plug the hole that is Glenn Beck's mouth.
I honestly think he is running out of looney conspiracies.

Funny to note the Drill Baby Drill crowd has finally shut the hell up, both here on ATS and the Palin God & Guns crowd. I was reviewing some old threads, I know who they are.

On Topic:

Watch this clip to see what Glenn Beck thinks about having HIS kids
a part of the story: ( sorry can't embed, video at bottom.) You can use skip ad button to view.

www.mediaite.com...

"Leave kids out of it, Leave people's families out of it."

Pure hypocrisy gold.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Just more hypocrasy, this has happened to plenty of other people, now it's Obamas families turn. Jeez, President Bush's family caught it from everyone in the MSM for 8 years, Clintons daughter was really teased in the media.....get over it. It's not right, but, what in the media is? I'm just waiting, I can hear the deck shuffling....the race card will be played any minute.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Once again, like I said to another poster. It isn't about the ridicule of Obama's daughter. It's about Beck being hypocritical.

Thats fine...as long as you think the way the left treated Trigg palin and making fun of his down syndrome was awful.....then fine.

And lets be fair....it was not glenn beck saying it. It was one of his cohosts.

So how did it get tacked on to him? because it was on his show and he laughed at it?

I bet you laughed at family guy making fun of trigg.

What about hypocrisy now?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

reply to post by jokei

Barbara Bush was a wife. GW girls were in trouble (Jebs were even worse) and Palin's kid is a teen mother. All well deserved.
Is the thing that David Letterman pulled on Sarah Palins underage daughter ok?

Yes, because she got herself pregnant. She is being chastised for her own decisions, not just because she is Palin's daughter. Sure, not every pregnant highschool kid winds up on the Late Shows, but they should! It is unacceptable, and it should be brought out in the open.

An 11 year old asking a perfectly legitimate question of her father is not something to criticize. It should be celebrated that she is paying attention and curious and involved. And it should be celebrated that she goes to her father for such answers. I bet Palin wishes her daughter had asked some more questions before winding up pregnant!
Might want to check that.

The Palin daughter was 14 year old, NON-PREGNANT Willow.

Source:www.foxnews.com...

And Letterman must have thought it wrong, he apologised for it.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
I wish someone would plug the hole that is Glenn Beck's mouth.
I honestly think he is running out of looney conspiracies.

Funny to note the Drill Baby Drill crowd has finally shut the hell up,
both here on ATS and the Palin God & Guns crowd.

I was reviewing some old threads, I know who they are.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

So glad you think we are 'shutting up'. and whats wrong with god and guns? you being a bigot again?

jeez......and i thought people on the left were suppose to be 'tolerant'

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComedian
reply to post by Sestias

In the fine tradition established by the Left regarding Sarah Palin's family, I demand proof that those kids were, in fact, fathered by Hussein.

Have you plugged that hole yet, Barry?

Hey, maybe you need to see their birth certificates. huh?

I don't remember anyone making fun of Bush's daughters, only think I remember is one getting photographed nude changing at the beach. Chelsea Clinton is the one they ripped hard on, I think it was Limbaugh.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You weren't talking directly to me but you said "you guys" as if you meant anyone who is chastising him in this thread so I thought it pertinent to respond.

With that said, I do not hate everything Beck stands for. Some things I most certainly do not agree with but I commend him for bringing certain issues to light that no one else would dare or is ALLOWED TO. My problem with Beck is the suspicion of what his motives are and why is he is ALLOWED to say what he says when no one else in history has gotten away with revealing the deep dark secrets that most America's would scoff at as even being a reality. He does this to an unprecedented number of viewers and listeners in broad daylight.

There is a reason that Beck is allowed to say these things and there is a reason he was chosen to be the guy to do it. He's a disinfo agent as far as I can tell which means that there is something else we are being distracted from while we hail Beck as being the harbinger of truth. We are given tiny morsels so that we don't see realize there's a whole pie.

The fact that he only chooses to attack one side of the political spectrum should be proof enough that his motives are not pure. It's not only liberals/democrats that are the problem in this country and in bed with some very shady people allowing atrocities to happen to the American people. The conservatives/Republicans are just as much to blame and hold just as much responsibility. But we will never hear about this side of the story.

He's a patsy whose sole purpose is to get votes for the Republicans to get them into power in order for them to accomplish their own goals that are just as despicable as the Democrats.

They are all corrupt and should be exposed as such, yet Beck only exposes one side of the story. This is not worthy of commendation.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Just for the record I don't think making fun of Trigg is ok at all.

Here's some food for thought though - this is a quote from the Down's Syndrome actor who worked on the episode of Family Guy in question.

In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes.

Source

I don't know man, that's a pretty succinct and heartfelt response.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

But an even more disturbing fact, which Letterman may not have known, was that the daughter who accompanied Palin on her trip to New York was 14-year-old Willow — not 18-year-old Bristol, the unwed mother of Palin's first grandchild.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. Still, at least his joke was funny, and at least he apologized when he realized the mistake, and lets not forget that the joke was based in fact, because Palin does use her looks to gain popularity (slutty flight attendant) and one daughter was already "knocked up."

Believe me, I was not a fan of all the Bush bashing, and I am certainly not a fan of Obama. I regretted my vote before the end of November. He started acting like he was in charge almost immediately. The press became his b*tch even before he won the election! The whole thing stinks!!

Still, I think Beck reaching so hard to find something funny or stupid in the question of an innocent child tallking to her Daddy is appalling! Personally, I don't find Letterman's joke appalling. Maybe it is just me.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire

Thats fine...as long as you think the way the left treated Trigg palin and making fun of his down syndrome was awful.....then fine.

There is absolutely no where that I said this and I didn't and won't address the issue because it has nothing to do with this thread.

And lets be fair....it was not glenn beck saying it. It was one of his cohosts.

So how did it get tacked on to him? because it was on his show and he laughed at it?

If you saw the other post I referred to in my original post I did say that it seems the cohost is the one who said it but that Beck should have held him accountable for his comments if ridiculing family members of politicians is that upsetting to him. Ergo, the hypocrisy...

I bet you laughed at family guy making fun of trigg.

What about hypocrisy now?

Again, the issue about Trigg has nothing to do with this thread. But I fail to understand how you are able to make so many assertions about me when I have never even mentioned the issue. I also fail to understand how this makes me a hypocrite when the supposed hypocritical act you accuse me of was all made up in your head.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Chelsea Clinton is the one they ripped hard on, I think it was Limbaugh.

That was equally appalling. These guys should lose their jobs for calling someone's daughter ugly as much as they did to poor Chelsea. If I had the Secret Service at my disposal I don't think those a**holes would have survived!

I don't care if my sons grow up to look like a retarded Shrek. If someone openly calls them ugly, they will have to face me! If it was a teen girl they were doing this to, my response would be infinitely worse!

Even though Imus got fired, he immediately got another job??? Why did he not get mugged and beaten every day for his comments? I'm not black, but I would have smacked him if I ran into him on the street.

We don't hold our press accountable. We should never have gotten rid of bullies. We need bullies. Sometimes people need to get exactly what they deserve, despite the political correctness of it.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Didn't those cheap two bit dead beat SEIU union thugs just scare the hell out of some kid in his own home ? where were you when that happened ?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei

Just for the record I don't think making fun of Trigg is ok at all.

Here's some food for thought though - this is a quote from the Down's Syndrome actor who worked on the episode of Family Guy in question.

In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes.

Source

I don't know man, that's a pretty succinct and heartfelt response.

hmmm......the guy/girl is naive.

She may not have saw it as a insult...but seth mcfarline sure did...he knew what he was doing. But in my opinion it was making fun of trigg.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I do agree that it was making fun of Trigg - and I don't think that was ok, I just though the actors view was interesting and found her statement a little heartwarming.

This isn't specifically a reply to you, but let's all remember why we're so keen to defend children - because we love them and all the weird, messed up, lovable and special things they can do and make us feel. Quite often they teach us to be better people.

Edit to add: More tolerant people too

Hopefully

[edit on 28/5/1010 by jokei]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join