It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Smears Obama's 11-year-old Daughter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Talk about Spin and hypocrisy. I heard about 3 minutes on my way to the store today.

He was criticizing Obama for him using his daughter in the childish comment, for a POTUS, about his daughter asking him if he plugged the leak yet, Daddy.

I agree it was over the top a bit and thought that at the time. But the things you folks are saying here are worse than what he did. But then, school is out and children are here, right?

Spin=Lie
Lie=Spin
Same thing exactly. Never trust a Liar.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Look I consider anyone who follow Beck brainwashed.

BUT I ALSO CONSIDER anyone who foams at the mouth hating him and his ideas, as equally brainwashed!!!!

Read what I just said AGAIN PLZ If you are a Republican or Democrat!!!!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by Loken68
Remember this guy "Hussein"

Focusing on his middle name again? Your prejudice is showing and you have no shame. From what I can gather, the people complaining about him not having an american flag behind him also seem to have an issue with his arabic middle name. Apparently if somebody does not 'appear' american enough for you, its something valid to be critical of? Really?

IF he's ashamed of his name he should have changed it instead of acting like it doesn't exist. -me

didn't have a problem with slaming retarded kids.

What did the president say about Palins children again? Highlight what had
happened.

You are evidently uninformed. It was the remarks he made about the special Olympics.-me

I'm supprised this thread hasn' yet pulled out the race card.......Poor poor Obama.

You seem to have no problem pulling out the ethnic card by highlighting his middle name. Heres a suggestion, if you don't want this to be about race or ethnicity or culture don't highlight the fact about the man or anybody, period. Don't bring it up, and it will not be an issue.

Why not use the card before Pelosi and Reid get to it first. Watch the news and read the paper I guarntee this weekend it will be all over MSNBC and Meet the press.-me

In anycase it is never an excuse to attack somebodies family. I find it rather hypocrical right back to people like you who insists the Palins were unfairly personally attacked, and yet you find it ok to justify what Glenn Beck said. Regardless of whether you felt the Palins were unfairly attacked, if family was off limits then, there would be no excuse for you to change that position now, otherwise this only explains hypocritical partisanship on your end.

No, I will not change my opinion simply because the liberal attacks against Palin's family still continue. Also I don't know where you get this partisanship BC from. I am not bipartisan to any baby killers, I drew the line along time ago. Wrong is Wrong.-me

If you really wanted to make a point about Palins family being attacked, you would have clearly stated that what Glenn Beck did was inappropriate and that a family attack is never acceptable, but obviously that is not in your interests.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Southern Guardian]

No you are wrong again. Glen Beck Smeared Mr. "Hussein" for bringing his daughter into the equation. By the way since when does an 11 year old child start making policy for the US? He used her for an emotional media op and you guys fell for hook line and sinker. If it had of been Jay Leno or David Letterman who did the parody you would be laughing and this thread wouldn't have ever been created. Keep drinking the Koolaide.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Loken68]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Its funny, because I never listen to Beck's radio show and rarely watch him on TV. However, while I was out today I turned on the radio and this very segment was running. Nothing about it seemed hateful or douchey to me. It wasn't even directed at his daughter, but rather Obama and the media pushing this transparent crap. The whole joke was based on the fact shes 11 and Obama/media made her sound like a 5 year old. They couldn't see an 11 year old asking such a question. Regardless of if you think that is correct or not, it shows that the running joke wasn't meant to be mean to Obama's daughters.

Beck loves kids and has often commented on how "adorable" Obama's are. This wasn't meant to be malicious towards them. If you want to be outraged at someone, be outraged at Obama and the media for using his kid as a political pawn.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Rowsdowerr]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
We are living in a time were the far right have lost their minds. The good news is these guys seems to have lost the ability to know where any intelligent lines should be drawn and they keep making themselves look like fools.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
was just an attempt at humor....

nobody got hurt...he swung for the fences on that one and struck out.

let's toughen up a little...geez.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

No you are wrong again. Glen Beck Smeared Mr. "Hussein"

Glen Beck was responding to the concerns of his daughter, not solely towards the president.

And thankyou once again for highlighting the fact the presidents middle name is Hussien. I know that you have a prejudice against him for this fact, no need to show it off. If you have a problem with the president for his ethnic roots, why don't you come out and say it already instead of being a coward and hiding behind code words.

By the way since when does an 11 year old child start making policy for the US?

For goodness sakes she had concerns about the oil spill as any other american should be. How the heck does this equate to her making policy decisions? Get your head out of the sand for petes sakes. Its an 11 year old worried about how bad the oil spill is as many young people should be well informed over.

He used her for an emotional media op

Why not? If he came out and acted like a complete robot over the matter, disconnected personally, would you be complaining that he was not caring enough?

The fact of the matter is, no matter what the president does, people like you will never be satisfied because you hold a personal hatred towards him. Nothing will change that. This is about the man as he is in appearance, in name, it has little to nothing to do with his actions.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Funny how the children of a Republican, like Palin, are acceptable targets for ridicule; but children of a Democrat aren't. What happened to the Democratic belief in equal rights and treatment?

Hypocrisy in action.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Funny how the children of a Republican, like Palin, are acceptable targets for ridicule; but children of a Democrat aren't. What happened to the Democratic belief in equal rights and treatment?

Hypocrisy in action.

Did you see ANYONE on this thread, right, left, center or agnostic, defend the attacks on Palin's children? Letterman made a comment that he was later very sorry for and had to apologize profusely to the public for it.

As far as I've read, nobody on this thread has suggested that the children of politicians should be attacked even if they are those of a political opponent.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Sestias]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

No you are wrong again. Glen Beck Smeared Mr. "Hussein"

And thankyou once again for highlighting the fact the presidents middle name is Hussien. I know that you have a prejudice against him for this fact, no need to show it off. If you have a problem with the president for his ethnic roots, why don't you come out and say it already instead of being a coward and hiding behind code words.

What's wrong with calling the president by his name?
I do not have a problem with his ethnic roots at all. I would however like to know why he doesn't use it. When he visits the middle east they don't hesitate to use it. Is it somthing he's ashamed of? Or is he trying to get us to forget it?
Also since were talking about his daughters and names, why have we never been given a middle name for Natasha Obama? Could it be that it's a name similar to his own?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

What's wrong with calling the president by his name?

You know full well what you meant, but like a coward you continue to hide behind excuses. There is nothing wrong with refering him as President Barack Obama.

If you can reference me any other time when you refered to the previous presidents by their middle names like 'Mr Walker' or 'Mr Jefferson' by all means, show me, otherwise stop the excuses.

I do not have a problem with his ethnic roots at all

And yet you feel to have to highlight his middle name right?

I would have just that little more respect for you if you came out and admitted the obvious, instead of running like a coward behind what you so clearly intended to communicate to others here.

I would however like to know why he doesn't use it.

And yet you continue this focus on his middle name.

Is it somthing he's ashamed of?

Clearly you think its shameful enough to show off to the rest of us.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
I cannot think of another administration in my lifetime in which the president's family have become legitimate targets of attack.

Apparently you missed the period between January 20th 2001 and January 20th 2009!

Wise Up!

Libs hit Bush AND his family 24/7 for 8 years straight, nonstop!

Libs have been hitting Palin and her family Since Fall 2008, nonstop!

That doesn't make remarks about obo's family ok but your comment is just ignorant!

Furthermore, obo brought his kid into the discussion in his speech. He did it for a reason too. It was meant to be an "AWWWWWWWW....poor little girl" moment. It's purpose was meant to disarm people, including the press, and stir up emotions to encourage them to be soft on him for his gross mismanagement of the situation in the Gulf of Mexico.

Now libs want to cry foul. Hypocrites!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You embrace ignorance, you have a problem me calling him by his name but you continue to call me a coward....now who's being hypocritical?

He used his daughter to make himself look good then he went to Louisanna for another emotional show for the cameras with staged workers cleaning the beaches.

Go ahead and drink the kool aide...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Yes this is indeed bad form for adults to mock a child in this way,

HOWEVER if the puppet Obama had not stooped to the level of using his child for a blatent propaganda vote he would not have left her vulnerable like he did.

He is an abusive parent the child should be taken into care.....

He is a bottom feeder and the sooner you all realise this the better for your dwindling country....

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

To the OP: Media Matters is not an unbiassed source at all. For the OP to use this source is like asking Hitler for his opinion on Jews. Far too often when I read something like this; phrases are taken out of context, and a healthy dusting of adjectives are added to the rant to make it sound even more evil.

I heard that show, and it wasnt nearly as bad as Media Matters makes it out to be. That being said, I wouldn't have used it. Messing with peoples kids = bad imo.

I've heard many times the left accusing the right of being brain washed sheep. I would submit that this is an example of a leftist being a sheep of Media Matters mis-information. I would also submit that perhaps we are all sheep being pitted against eachother.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Beck is an idiot. That said, you either have a selective memory or a short one. Bush's daughters got all kinds of negative treatment.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

I confess I may be wrong.

I worked closely with lots of people on the left during that period and I never heard anyone put down the Bush daughters or even Laura Bush. Bush? Yes. Definitely.

Maybe I was in an exceptionally decent crowd.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I heard it as well...and laughed my head off!!! It was crazy funny

Not only was it amazingly funny, it also made complete sense.

Good job Glenn Beck, you make me proud. (even though you are a mormon...)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoss
reply to post by Sestias

To the OP: Media Matters is not an unbiassed source at all. For the OP to use this source is like asking Hitler for his opinion on Jews. Far too often when I read something like this; phrases are taken out of context, and a healthy dusting of adjectives are added to the rant to make it sound even more evil.

The OP includes a video clip of that particular part of Beck's program. Makes it sort of hard to deny.

I admit that Media Matters is not a conservative source. Should I post only conservative ones?

There are, in my opinion, no publications that are completely unbiased. Unfortunately, a reader has to draw their own conclusions from what is available.

I personally do not find it difficult at all to believe Glenn Beck is attacking anything and everything he can concerning the President.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join